Kyiara

DayZ Update 1.18

Greetings survivors!

The time has come for update 1.18 to be released to a stable branch. We’d like to thank everyone who joined the experimental servers and helped us by playing and providing their feedback. We’d also like to offer some info regarding the update to the vehicle simulation. While internal testing is in progress and the results look promising, we were unable to include it in the build for 1.18. we'll keep the community posted on the progress of Experimental servers in near future.
Now let’s get to the rather explosive content of this update.

Read the full article here.

_________

PC changelog

Consoles changelog

• Like 1

So what is the information regarding the vehicle simulation?   Was it just to tell us that it looks promising but it's not included in this patch?  That is extremely, EXTREMELY lame.  Could you not have just made a separate announcement about that and maybe give a few details.   Why do you consistently show something shiny and new like a new gun, or hat, but then slap everyone down by "oh, that feature that has been broken for years, and years, well, it's still broken, maybe next time.... duh...huh...huh."  I know I have been very critical of you guys, but you constantly do the same thing over and over... here's something shiny and new, but the thing you really want is still cooking, and then GIVE NO INFORMATION as to what it is that you are doing about it.

My signature is still relevant today as it was in 2018.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Like 2

What about , duplicitanion glitch.. looking through the wall glitch and more.. still no fix ? Do something finaly ! PlayStation 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toman_cz said:

A co , závada duplicitanionu .. při pohledu skrz zeď závada a další .. stále žádná oprava ? Udělejte něco konečně! Play Station 

Ok i see looking trought the walls glitch still working , duplicitanion glitch maybe too .So many players use that glitches , its so long there . And you guys do nothing .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kyiara said:

we'll keep the community posted on the progress …

Ladies and gentlemen, I’d like to introduce the comedic stylings of the hugely successful Bohemia Interactive company….

• Like 1
  • Beans 3

46 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

So what is the information regarding the vehicle simulation?   Was it just to tell us that it looks promising but it's not included in this patch?  That is extremely, EXTREMELY lame.  Could you not have just made a separate announcement about that and maybe give a few details.   Why do you consistently show something shiny and new like a new gun, or hat, but then slap everyone down by "oh, that feature that has been broken for years, and years, well, it's still broken, maybe next time.... duh...huh...huh."  I know I have been very critical of you guys, but you constantly do the same thing over and over... here's something shiny and new, but the thing you really want is still cooking, and then GIVE NO INFORMATION as to what it is that you are doing about it.

My signature is still relevant today as it was in 2018.

omg finally someone who thinks.  also, they fail to provide actual item name types for the config files.  change logs are useless for server owners.  AND 

THEY NEVER RESPOND TO THEIR DM'S.  USELESS.

Edited by Nah Fam-3eb999170fd84780
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

Typical. Overpromise and under-deliver. That is the BI way. 

BTW, vehicles work. It's in your "NEW" paid beta y'all dropped. Just not in the game it was meant for. You know, the one that hit early access in 2014? And been in a retarded version of alpha since then?

Game devs are worse than weathermen

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I’d like to introduce the comedic stylings of the hugely successful Bohemia Interactive company….

Spot on.

13 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

Typical. Overpromise and under-deliver. That is the BI way. 

BTW, vehicles work. It's in your "NEW" paid beta y'all dropped. Just not in the game it was meant for. You know, the one that hit early access in 2014? And been in a retarded version of alpha since then?

Game devs are worse than weathermen

I think you meant to say "Game devs are worse than politicians."  🙂

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Nah Fam-3eb999170fd84780 said:

omg finally someone who thinks.  also, they fail to provide actual item name types for the config files.  change logs are useless for server owners.  AND 

THEY NEVER RESPOND TO THEIR DM'S.  USELESS.

And just so we are clear... I've been thinking since 2014. 😉

• Like 2

So now we cant edit the keybindings for controller on PC since the new update. We used to be able to add/change/delete the options for controller at our lesuire now we're stuck with what you give us. I hope this goes back to way it was in 1.17. the only positive is the new tabs for easier navigating

• Like 1

1.18 broke the game on Xbox. Can’t access barrels, cars etc and has made the game unplayable! Had to abandon a car because I couldn’t get the spare rad out the boot to fix it. Reloaded, asked other players to try… it’s virtually impossible. Odd time you can but 90% of the time no access 

Can anyone explain what the new "value name = unique" in types.xml does?

<type name="Ammo_40mm_Explosive">
        <nominal>8</nominal>
        <lifetime>14400</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>5</min>
        <quantmin>100</quantmin>
        <quantmax>100</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
        <category name="weapons"/>
        <usage name="Military"/>
        <value name="Tier3"/>
        <value name="Tier4"/>
        <value name="Unique"/>

Edited by eZthetic

Aye lads with this new update all your hard work on updating the airfield has disappeared. Multiple entries have been deleted in the 1.18 mapgrouppos file

this is for console Xbox 

18 hours ago, eZthetic said:

Can anyone explain what the new "value name = unique" in types.xml does?

<type name="Ammo_40mm_Explosive">
        <nominal>8</nominal>
        <lifetime>14400</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <min>5</min>
        <quantmin>100</quantmin>
        <quantmax>100</quantmax>
        <cost>100</cost>
        <flags count_in_cargo="0" count_in_hoarder="0" count_in_map="1" count_in_player="0" crafted="0" deloot="0"/>
        <category name="weapons"/>
        <usage name="Military"/>
        <value name="Tier3"/>
        <value name="Tier4"/>
        <value name="Unique"/>

Well, seemingly BI decided to add another map territory value.

On 6/15/2022 at 8:51 AM, Djinnbart said:

1.18 broke the game on Xbox. Can’t access barrels, cars etc and has made the game unplayable! Had to abandon a car because I couldn’t get the spare rad out the boot to fix it. Reloaded, asked other players to try… it’s virtually impossible. Odd time you can but 90% of the time no access 

Open your inventory, walk away from barrel till is gone from vicinity, then move back to  the barrel. Barrel Inventory tab will pop up. Works every time

Edited by EviI_Panda

7 hours ago, Nah Fam-3eb999170fd84780 said:

Well, seemingly BI decided to add another map territory value.

Correct, but why is there no info available? 😛

Edited by eZthetic

2 hours ago, eZthetic said:

Correct, but why is there no info available? 😛

It is used for the new dynamic train events. Some specific assets in those events have this value. It means you can set the value (=tiers) to individual buildings etc, just as usage flags.

Hello. after playing on the experimental branch, I noticed errors: - problems when leaving the truck (including after taking damage) - often the contents of the car are not visible after opening the trunk (barrels)

On 16.06.2022 at 14:04, EviI_Panda said:

Откройте свой инвентарь, отойдите от бочки, пока она не исчезнет, затем вернитесь к бочке. Появится вкладка «Инвентарь бочек». Работает каждый раз

perfect solution! =(

Dayz 18 Update 2 is currupt server list is broke, in dayz normal vision See only Experimental list of server fix Quick pls ....

Hello dear development team. The question is a bit with the moment of burning the point on which you sit. I have a question about firearms. The magazine becomes Worn and the weapon begins to jam. It's a joke? How to repair it if in this state the repair kit DOES NOT WORK. The question is, is this done on purpose or thoughtlessly? Can you hear some kind of answer about this?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steam-76561198034737709 said:

Hello dear development team. The question is a bit with the moment of burning the point on which you sit. I have a question about firearms. The magazine becomes Worn and the weapon begins to jam. It's a joke? How to repair it if in this state the repair kit DOES NOT WORK. The question is, is this done on purpose or thoughtlessly? Can you hear some kind of answer about this?

I thought worn magazines didn't cause guns to jam. there is a small chance that even pristine weapon will jam, with exactly the same probability as a worn one.

Just watched the teaser trailer for 1.19.   Adam was playing the game and always opened the inventory UI whenever he went to pick something up.  This got me thinking. Maybe the game needs an adjustment to how a player loots. Surely, the design wants the player to not have to do that, right?  If developers are doing this then it can’t be in an optimal state.  Go watch for yourself.