Girth Brooks

Arma reforger

We at least can see where the Dayz money went finally. 

Arma Reforger

Pathetic

• Beans 1

Professional companies also do whatever they can, especially when it costs very little resources, to have positive public relations with their consumers.  Back in February, the PR manager, who has never been on these official forums, said that testing of cars in DayZ would be coming 'in the following weeks'.  It's been months.  It's fine if vehicles will never be fixed.  We're adults, we'll be able to handle it.  Tell us that.  Stop telling us "fixes are coming" then do nothing.   

Year after year of squandered potential.

• Beans 1

“We’re in the process of importing the latest version of vehicle simulation from a newer version of our Enfusion engine. We hope this will bring some much-needed stability to vehicle simulation in DayZ and expect to perform some public testing in the coming weeks.”

That post was from February

Dayz is done

Edited by Girth Brooks

I'd rather see the import is complete and functional before testing starts, if it ends up getting worse it's not really worth it, is it? I did think the vehicle thing would come with 1.17 but obviously it wasn't ready then. Not surprising, but I would appreciate some more transparency from the devs when they need to change plans. People will complain no matter what, so offering some information about what they're planning and what happens with it couldn't really do any damage.

Mar

• Like 1
  • Beans 5

Yes. Some transparency would be great. The PR guy/management for BI is garbage. The one piece he put out had no relevant information. Mostly just patronizing to the fans. Car physics severely past estimated times. “Wipes are done purely for game balance reasons” is a lie. PR is nonexistent. There’s no one to monitor the official forums. So many wasted opportunities to promote the game.  Obviously shit management. Probably not profitable to lose all the people who know the technology (new engine) half way through a project, huh?

How can any reasonable, educated programmer actually believe this shit show will be around until they retire?  Unreal. 

• Beans 2

I hear you all but shit damn, Who is surprised by any of the dog shit things BI does these days.

• Beans 2

7 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

I hear you all but shit damn, Who is surprised by any of the dog shit things BI does these days.

A certain Fanboy on this forum will inevitably mock you for spittin facts.  I wonder how much the rose colored glasses he received from BI actually cost.  Couldn't been more than 10 cents given his proclivity of having his nose where the sun don't shine on BI's backside.

I've been into BI's games since Flashpoint, but I won't be buying Reforger on Day One.  I will only spend money on another BI title ONCE THEY FIX THE VEHICLES AND THE SERVER EXPLOITS IN DAYZ.  And BTW, if that announcement on Twitter is ANY indication of the quality of Reforger, then BI is in for a rough go with the new game.  Seriously, the marketing team needs it's own rework, that announcment was cringe to the Nth degree.

I'm afraid this game will be on maintenance mode by the end of the year. 

BI is trying to cram a Arma title onto a console. It runs like garbage and BI's servers are dookie. 

They've already sold most of the copies of Dayz that they are gonna sell. So focus will be mostly on Arma 4.

You can easily tell by looking at the real skybox and nice clouds and actual volumetric fog that is present in Reforger. Dayz STILL doesn't have that basic shit. Or bows. Or vehicles that aren't a joke.

Thats why they have been dumping guns on us non stop. 

Dayz was a tech demo for a tech demo of Arma 4

• Beans 1

From what I understand, reforger is the engine port for Arma 4. I’m going based on what someone reviewing it posted on YT 5 days ago. It looks pretty amazing. The before and after between it and Arma 3 are night and day different. I believe it’s a new engine based on how it looks and behaves and the fact the vehicles aren’t as volatile as bitcoins. 

So what I came to this site to look for in the forums or blogs or whatever was what the timeline or plan would be for a port to this Reforger/Arma 4 engine. What’s not clear is how much of DayZ is still based on the Arma 2 engine. Like, it would be awesome to know how much of an abstraction there is between the game logic and the engine. It would be awesome to know if there are plans to port to the new engine that doesn’t have issues rendering shadows and grass and objects miles away or if they plan to save that for like DayZ 2 for instance. When they took it from a mod to its own game, i wonder how much that decision was around pushing the edits into the core game code and engine and such. If so, porting it to a new engine could take quite a while. 

So what I’m also pointing out is that BI made Arma, not DayZ guys, so they drive the engine features, not the other way around. I would expect all these features from an Arma title and then a plan from the offshoots to adopt them as they evolve. That said, it could also be that the devs on DayZ’s side are just cherry picking code out of that main project or that the forks are wildly different because maybe the abstraction between “engine” and “game” wasn’t very clearly defined from the beginning so a port might be a huge lift. 

just my 2 cents. Would be amazed to hear dev feedback on this. Feel like it’s a reasonable ask from a reasonable person, but of course I’m biased. ;)

BI took Dayz mod and totally remade it. It is Bohemias game now. Made with an brand new experimental engine with legacy A2 components which are basically no longer present at this time in the build.

BI has been working on this game since 2013......... read that part again.

We got teased with a possible new vehicle sim in feb which of course never happened. Instead they dropped it in a tech demo you have to pay for to even try it.

The suits at BI are the ones making these idiotic decisions. The devs have to work with whatever scraps they can get. Obvious focus is going to be Arma 4 from here on out. Dayz will probably just get leftovers since there is not any new money to be made with the game at this point. 

Reforger has radios playing music, fucking FINISHED interiors for ALL the buildings (like WTF?), a lighting systems that isnt janky, vehicles that stay firmly planted to the ground, ragdoll physics, basic AI, etc etc etc

And it is a TECH DEMO. 

Meanwhile we have ancient bugs still present, a bunch of fucking guns to shoot, and basically on foot patrol. 

All original devs have left. There are no mods present on this forum for a few months now. Updates have been lackluster. Unless you like guns. 

"Dayz was a tech demo for a tech demo of Arma 4"

I knew the DayZ engine replacement was a crowdsourced tech testbed for ArmA4 but never saw another early access cashgrab like reforger coming.