lynn.zaw

Console Update 1.17

Curious if you Kyiara, are the only one working on this game or are there more people on the development team? 

For a game that is as popular as this, it seems like you guys would make more of an effort to release updates that actually improved the game as opposed to making it less playable and losing player base. People will only wait around for so long.

I'm sure I don't need to launch into the whole list of issues including inventory, wolves glitching thru buildings, inability to craft stuff etc as it all seems to be covered here and I'm sure you guys knew of them all before you released the update. 

As a side, your forum sign up page is broken as well, kind of says it all right there. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

butt packs aren't accessible on character and cant hold to drop things out of vehicles ps4

Hey guys I need help solving a problem.

I keep getting BIOS Error (0x00050018) 

Below that code is ([ExchangeXBOXAuthcode] :: ) 

sometimes when I don't get the code and i join a server I run into server problems (de sync, not being able to connect at all and heavy lag)

I googled the error and found nothing I have tried asking on reddit and have found nothing if anyone can help me please give me advice. DayZ is my favourite game and it sucks not being able to play it.

-Evan

Great update. some nice quality of life tweeks, voice activation VoIP , scope in / iron sights toggle, fire mode selection, ext. Good job guys, thank you.✌️

On 4/19/2022 at 9:22 PM, CAMCATAHA said:

Sens on controller broken, delete game on fix. 

Must just be ps5 then, xbox working fine

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Must just be ps5 then, xbox working fine

Except according to the xbox bug reports on the new sensitivity settings it clearly isn't ;)

Maybe they nerfed the max look around sensitivity to make it more natural...

2 hours ago, lemmac said:

Except according to the xbox bug reports on the new sensitivity settings it clearly isn't 😉

Well it's working fine for me 😉

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

Natural, for a sloth maybe.

Will wait and cross my fingers for a nice hotfix, literally unplayable as is. 

Great potential on the iron sight/scope sensivity though! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Some bugs my crew and I noticed this update:

• Inventory Management is all messed up now, can’t hold X to drop items, can’t easily re-organize items by pressing A to shift things around
  • Ammo pouches for plate carriers are completely broken, no inventory can be accessed prevent magazine swaps with guns and even whilst in inventory menu, when we try to organize rather than selecting pouches it pulls my pistol holster off the plate carrier
  • Anything inside anything becomes unusable, for instance placing magazines in a teddy  bear, if survivor tries to reload a gun with a full magazine from inside the bear it won’t function correctly
  • Fire Barrel Light Bug still exists two years later, when camera is spun away from FB, survivors see light being emitted onto environment, but when we look directly at FB it goes away
  • Why are there no fruit 🍎 spawns in Livonia? T’is a silly thing — add apples, plums and pears 🍐 into Livonia
  • No Execution for Spears… really!? Please add stealth-kills for Spears and Pitchfork

Thanks for an awesome update, looking forward to others as the year progresses.

-Cheers

5 hours ago, WOLVERlNES said:
  • Inventory Management is all messed up now, can’t hold X to drop items, can’t easily re-organize items by pressing A to shift things around

I'm assuming this is xbox? Is it series x or s? I only ask because I've seen a few bugs reported that seem linked to controls and I've not experienced them. I'm still on an original xbox one and not using an official controller(it's a tesco special with two customisable buttons underneath!). I've not had this problem at all and I'm wondering if it's specific to particular controllers or consoles? 

5 hours ago, WOLVERlNES said:

Anything inside anything becomes unusable, for instance placing magazines in a teddy  bear, if survivor tries to reload a gun with a full magazine from inside the bear it won’t function correctly

I'm wondering if this is intentional. It makes sense, as you should have to remove a container from a backpack in order to access the items in it. If something is added to the hot wheel, it should only be items that are in pouches, pockets, etc. but not in secondary containers. 

I’m on Series X and my whole crew are having these issues. Everyone is using a factory Xbox Controller, no elites nor aftermarket ones; additionally, majority are on Series X|S but a couple are still on Xbox Ones.

Edited by WOLVERlNES

2 steps forward, 1 step backward. A phrase i have come to know all too well since i started playing DayZ. I have been playing since around 1.06. Racked up well over 1000 hours in game, and have watched as much. In all that time I have never found a bug or feature that has pissed me off the way this update has.  This is EASILY the WORST UPDATE they have ever released.

For anybody wondering why their sensitivity is not being adjusted, It's because the option to adjust your actual x and y sensitivity has been completely REMOVED. Thats right. They did away with being able to adjust your sensitivity altogether, and replaced it with dead zones. The "Movement" sliders are the dead zones for the left stick, and the "Camera" sliders are the dead zones for the right stick. So why then is it listed under sensitivity? When i found that out, I wanted to puke. I had to dig for this information. I dont understand why such a drastic change has not been explained by anybody at BI, or any major content creators that often cover the new updates and changes, like marks, or Wobo.  Infuriating.

What is the point in adding any content to the game when not only do the base mechanics sometimes suck, you just made them WORSE! It's actually the exact opposite of what we needed. What we needed was the ability to adjust your sensitivity HIGHER, while also being able to adjust dead zones. There was no need to dumb it down.

And then there's the issue with sprinting and zooming. It's something like your zoomed in, then you try to sprint, and the character sprints for a fraction of a second, then goes back to jogging. Its like a stutter. Back in 1.16 when you did this, pressing the sprint button canceled zoom.

CQB has been made so much more difficult, because it takes longer to turn. Forget about clearing a whole building, or even just one room. You may as well already be dead.

Developers love to give console players handicaps, and slow down our gameplay. From a backseat perspective, Pc gameplay has always looked more appealing than console. It's true for just about any game, but especially Dayz. But Im not referring to frame rates, sure they help, but im referring to the lightning fast reaction times that many Pc players possess.

But it's not that we cant play at that we CANT play at the level. They WONT ALLOW us to. It's bullshit.

Maybe you dont support being able to do several 360's within half a second. Maybe at some point, a high sensitivity is too unrealistic, and maybe shouldn't be in the game. I would agree in that it is unrealistic.

However, we are nowhere near that point right now. The current state of sensitivity in console dayz is abominable, and to a chuck of an already small community, unplayable.

And I saw some guy in the forum reply to somebody that complained about the sens, and said something like "well were fine on xbox, you must be on playstation". Thats bullshit. I play on Xbox. This user put Zero iQ on full display. Because it's not a bug thats affecting a few players here and there. It is a FEATURE in the game that affects everybody.

Edited by Charlie Saraceni
  • Like 3

On 4/20/2022 at 10:08 AM, Kyiara said:

Thank you for being "that guy". Even though reporting the issues here with more details would be very helpful: https://feedback.bistudio.com/

We are already working on a hotfix.

Does this mean that the Dev team recognise that the movement turn speed has been essentially cut in half with the new update? the ADS speed is now over twice as fast as the movement turn speed.

If its a recognised known issue, please can it at least be added to the known issues list or have the Socials team tweet out that a hotfix that will address this issue is in the works, I see on here & social media high sensitivity players are reporting or complaining about this without any form of reply or confirmation of the issue by DayZ. Seems like the sensible play to quell dissent & communicate with the community. I have noticed that the Socials team replied a lot more a month or two ago, but it seems to have gone very quiet recently. 

On 4/22/2022 at 4:34 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Well it's working fine for me 😉

probably because you play on default movement sensitivity or lower before the update, the new max sensitivity is the previous Default sensitivity as the slider doesn't actually change sense atm it changes the dead zone or stick acceleration instead. which is obviously an unintended bug. Having max ADS speed being over double the max movement speed surely wouldn't be intended? 

On 4/22/2022 at 3:51 PM, SillyJoe said:

if that were that were the case, why is full ADS speed over twice the speed of max movement speed? in DayZ are characters somehow faster at turning when they raise there gun?

1 hour ago, TheYetiBum said:

probably because you play on default movement sensitivity or lower before the update, the new max sensitivity is the previous Default sensitivity as the slider doesn't actually change sense atm it changes the dead zone or stick acceleration instead. which is obviously an unintended bug. Having max ADS speed being over double the max movement speed surely wouldn't be intended? 

Yeah, I imagine I was. I tend not to change settings. I find fast turning speeds to be quite disorienting and harder to control. Default movement speed feels about right for me. Any faster starts to feel like a CoD game, but I can see why some might prefer it. 

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Yeah, I imagine I was. I tend not to change settings. I find fast turning speeds to be quite disorienting and harder to control. Default movement speed feels about right for me. Any faster starts to feel like a CoD game, but I can see why some might prefer it. 

TBH it is a shooter like CoD, only with survival elements.  Not slating whatever sensitivity people like to play on but when at least 25%-50% of your console player base use a sensitivity higher than default, it seems like a pretty large error to drop an Update with said sensitivity bug intact, especially after it was reported by more than 50 people on the bug report tracker & across social media responses directly to DayZ. I've played DayZ since Day one of early access & have a lot of respect for the development team, I have never sat out n update even when stuff got really broken. But I strongly believe that they need a dedicated console play tester team for EXP updates as well as community feedback to curb this issue with large bugs making it to stable. Half my friends list have literally uninstalled DayZ due to the sensitivity issue alone. I love the game & dont want the player base going down to what it used to be.

On 4/20/2022 at 8:28 AM, DirtEgurT said:

Curious if you Kyiara, are the only one working on this game or are there more people on the development team? 

For a game that is as popular as this, it seems like you guys would make more of an effort to release updates that actually improved the game as opposed to making it less playable and losing player base. People will only wait around for so long.

I'm sure I don't need to launch into the whole list of issues including inventory, wolves glitching thru buildings, inability to craft stuff etc as it all seems to be covered here and I'm sure you guys knew of them all before you released the update. 

As a side, your forum sign up page is broken as well, kind of says it all right there. 

I don't know if you're genuinely that concerned about wolves going through walls when they're barely even a threat and unspecified inventory/crafting issues or if you just felt like bitching. Many people have just felt like bitching over the years here. This game has been a laggy and slightly broken derpfest since it came out, and with every update, some glitches will be fixed, while more will be created. I don't completely agree with the direction the game is going (I would personally like more hardcore zombie survival gameplay), it's been one of the funnest games I've played in a long time. Name 1 game of this scale that works perfectly or just take your tub of ice cream, watch some TV, and have a good cry.

Console Update 1.17 Hotfix 1 - Version 1.17.154754 (Released on 28.04.2022)

GAME

FIXED

• When kindling or fuel items in a fireplace became ruined, it was not possible to add the same item again
  • Fixed a game lag when killing infected (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164167)
  • It was not possible to lower the flag from the flag pole
  • It was possible to skip the engine starting animation for vehicles
  • The camera would zoom briefly when using eye focus during certain actions
  • Cooking on the gas stove would take exceptionally long
  • Vertical camera settings were not saved after restarting the game
  • Player bodies would not leave their equipment after being skinned and quartered
  • Buried items would still show option to bury (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T163850)

CHANGED

• Beans 1

I'm upset, I reported so many inventory bugs. None were fixed in the hotfix, that was essentially important. That leaves pouches and buttpacks unusable, and game unplayable. Very upset for BI

17 minutes ago, ElJeeZed said:

I'm upset, I reported so many inventory bugs. None were fixed in the hotfix, that was essentially important. That leaves pouches and buttpacks unusable, and game unplayable. Very upset for BI 

There are certainly a good number of annoying bugs with this update that still need to be addressed.  The sensitivity fix is huge as a few guys I play with are used to higher sensitivity and did truly find the game unplayable.  In my experience the issue with the plate pouches stems from having a holster attached to the plate as well as pouches.  Simply attaching the holster to a belt has fixed that issue for me.

2 hours ago, ElJeeZed said:

There's no "inventory glitches". Containers are closed in your inventory. If you actually looked at the controls on the bottom of the screen you'll notice the "Open/Close Container" button (R3), and if you looked a little closer at your worn items in the "Equipment" section, you would be able to tell the difference between what items are closed are what are open. Not a game developer issue, more of a "you're a lazy retard" issue

• Beans 1