Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.17 (Change Log)

On 4/4/2022 at 10:50 PM, DefectiveWater said:

Why must cars be made server side if walking/running is client side and exploitable?

Just asking for discussion purposes, I'm fine with server sided cars IF they work properly. Server sided cars are better if players lag a bit, their car won't stutter/teleport.

I guess because the cars stay on the server at all times, fully functional for anyone to interact with... unlike your avatar which logs off and out of the server.

Also the car has to persist even if your player dies. For example it will keep rolling in game if you are shot at the wheel. Because there can be players around you and in the car with you while driving, they need to experience the car still doing its thing regardless of whether your connection is lost, hanging momentarily or because you've just been shot in the head.

There's only 2 ways that Bohemia can fix this so a connection issue doesn't turn into a day ruiner while driving. One of them is extremely easy to do. The harder way would be to create some kind of collision avoidance system that kicks in instantly when drivers connection hangs which slows down and steers the car safely around anything it might be about to hit. The easy way, just change some variables... simply bump up vehicle protection against collisions and reduce occupant damage from collisions. It's so simple even Bohemia could do it with screwing up a myriad of other things in the process.

There is seriously no need for vehicles to be taking damage from collisions, especially when it creates the problems it does with the game. Gunfire damage, grenades, yes they should still damage a vehicle and it's occupants. Driving it into a medium sized bush or picket fence? Nah, just let everyone drive away safely and continue to enjoy their game.

Edited by lemmac

Is it possible to look into eye focus and zoom option and get a better solution, or maybe remove it completely? We have some many different variety of scopes that help as well so in my view the eye zoom is not necessary in Dayz. C9 Shroud also complained about this recently on Twitch with a good reason.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nebulae3 said:

Is it possible to look into eye focus and zoom option and get a better solution, or maybe remove it completely? We have some many different variety of scopes that help as well so in my view the eye zoom is not necessary in Dayz. C9 Shroud also complained about this recently on Twitch with a good reason.

Agreed, the magic eye zoom is way too powerful. I like the solution in Scum where it zooms less and creates tunnel vision, which makes it less like cybernetic optics and more like real life squinting...

• Like 2

Absolutely begging you guys to add back the dynamic crosshair. Not having the crosshair work at all is an crazy annoyance!

Crosshair hasn't worked correctly since 0.62....... :(

pls fix

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wrench_ said:

Absolutely begging you guys to add back the dynamic crosshair. Not having the crosshair work at all is an crazy annoyance!

Crosshair hasn't worked correctly since 0.62....... 😞

pls fix

What do you mean by that, what is not working?

Your crosshair use to fully line up were your weapon was pointing.   

Now its just a static PNG placed on a screen that i can better line up with reshade,   I feel the option for the crosshair should be turned off due to it being an insult compared to 0.62.

So the new Cr is just a Tundra with a magazine. Sounds like a content for the sake of content. 

1 hour ago, General Zod said:

So the new Cr is just a Tundra with a magazine. Sounds like a content for the sake of content. 

It was planned during alpha, they're just getting around to some of the stuff that was only ever shown on the trello a looong time ago. And civ weapons is what is needed, another AK or whatever kind of assault rifle and I would have been sad.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

46 minutes ago, Derleth said:

And civ weapons is what is needed

YES! Some police guns (shotgun/smg), some city/village guns (pistols), some hunting guns (hunting shotty for instance) and we are good to go.

In the meantime, expand the survival/crafting side of things, and we will have a game with good content (and give us the bow).

Edited by DefectiveWater

2 hours ago, Derleth said:

It was planned during alpha, they're just getting around to some of the stuff that was only ever shown on the trello a looong time ago. And civ weapons is what is needed, another AK or whatever kind of assault rifle and I would have been sad.

Ok, but it's not like it's filling any gaps. Quite frankly the selection of firearms is more than sufficient. 

10 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Ok, but it's not like it's filling any gaps. Quite frankly the selection of firearms is more than sufficient. 

Agreed, apart from the improvised bow it's all about variety at this point - which is where it is lacking on the civvy side after the influx of 5.56 assault rifles and the SVAL the last couple of years. Wouldn't surprise me if they add the Groza next patch because it's been a while since an eastern weapon was added...

I just want the Red-9, derringers, Rak and trumpet back too, then they can stop adding weapons for all I care.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 5:08 PM, Wrench_ said:

Your crosshair use to fully line up were your weapon was pointing.   

Now its just a static PNG placed on a screen that i can better line up with reshade,   I feel the option for the crosshair should be turned off due to it being an insult compared to 0.62.

Ok I thought a while about this and searched online for the 0.62 crosshair and now I realized that you are talking about the crosshair when you're hipfiring in TPP? (I didn't know that bc I only play FPP) So you are already in 3rd person and now you still want more assistance? I think this is a nice feature to make it more difficult, bc with the dynamic crosshair it would even more OP than TPP already is. Let's be honest, in TPP the players camp more bc they can overwatch the area from safe cover.
What about auto aim, maybe this is also a feature you want? 😄
Sry, not sry.

44 minutes ago, Jappe Hallunken said:

Ok I thought a while about this and searched online for the 0.62 crosshair and now I realized that you are talking about the crosshair when you're hipfiring in TPP? (I didn't know that bc I only play FPP) So you are already in 3rd person and now you still want more assistance? I think this is a nice feature to make it more difficult, bc with the dynamic crosshair it would even more OP than TPP already is. Let's be honest, in TPP the players camp more bc they can overwatch the area from safe cover.
What about auto aim, maybe this is also a feature you want? 😄
Sry, not sry.

The point is in the current DayZ the bullet does not actually travel from the barrel of your weapon, it comes directly from the camera in a straight angle towards the center of screen - the crosshair. In 0.62 that wasn't so and thus the dynamic crosshair was necessary. And the crosshair (if enabled by the server) is also present in 1PP with weapon raised but not aiming down sights, so 1pp/3pp has no relevance in this case.

• Like 1

I don't get why the crosshair is even there in a hardcore survival game...

The 0.62 system, apart from the "u" shaped thing that helped you aim, was very good.

If you need accuracy, don't be out of breath, and ADS. My 2 cents.

A good map suggestion pls. update the DLC map Livonia it get forgotten, but in the next update focus on the DLC map or consider a completely new official map for Dayz. I think it is too much forest at zone 3 and too empty far south, and I hope for new content to explore and visit on the Livonia map which I really like.

Edited by Nebulae3
  • Like 1

Just update pop up for exp for 8,6mb, any info what's changed?
thx

PC Experimental 1.17 Update 4 - Version Version 1.17.154754 (Released on 28.04.2022)

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed a game lag when killing infected (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164167)
  • It was not possible to lower the flag from the flag pole
  • It was possible to skip the engine starting animation for vehicles
  • The camera would zoom briefly when using eye focus during certain actions
  • Cooking on the gas stove would take exceptionally long
  • Vertical camera settings were not saved after restarting the game
  • Player bodies would not leave their equipment after being skinned and quartered
  • Buried items would still show option to bury (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T163850)
  • Headtracking TrackIR was not functioning (https://feedback.bistudio.com/T164166)

MODDING

• Added: CGame.GetHostName() and CGame.GetHostData() methods for client to get information about currently connected server
  • Fixed: Referencing AbstractWave would give an empty compilation error on Retail instead of just a warning in certain scenarios
  • Changed: AbstractWave has private ctor and dtor in Diag/Workbench to warn about script deleting it while it shouldn't