lynn.zaw

Experimental Update 1.16 (Change Log)

38 minutes ago, nemorus said:

And that's precisely why current market is full of tombstones and sentiments..

Truer words could not be spoken. 

is there going to be a wipe when it hits stable?

also, can you guys recommend a server with mods that have:

codelocks

lockers

basebuilding

buildanywhere

nostamina

BUT it doesn't have like 30+ version of m4 and aks, tons of clothes with ridiculous camos

Edited by waffen
forgot something

3 hours ago, amadieus said:

Lol this patch in a week... This, and considering your other posts, show you have no idea about game development 

ooh, now you're reading my post history. nice. I've always been up front. Not a game developer, but a developer of large complex, multiuser systems. 

Are you a game developer? developer? dabble in coding? what?

Where did I say I could fix it? I said that its ridiculous for anyone not involved directly to make claims that all of "this" (whatever that is) can be fixed in a week. DayZ should be better, but put that on BI and the path that got it here, not the few people left trying to keep the development going.

Edited by helpthedeadwalk
typo

Why are you here telling people about the complexity of creating games, for what?  The game was released by a group of schoolchildren?  Not!  People are making money.  The community points out obvious problems in the game, and the developer deals with nonsense.  What excuses can there be?  Create all new weapons and alarm clocks?  Is this the development limit and the right things?  The developer has lost touch with the community and this has been evident over the years.  And don't send people to other games, DayZ is a great and great game, it can be the best, can the developers put more effort into the really important issues to get sincere thanks, don't you think?

26 minutes ago, Vano Hachikan said:

Will they EVER fix the QE leaning spam?? The game feels like fortnite with that pos.

They literally removed leaning while sprinting in this patch.

Maybe one or two things could be done to combat the spam a bit, maybe to limit movement speed to walking speed while leaning and/or make lean use up a tiny bit of stamina when you activate it.
Then leaning will be mostly used for peeking corners, as it should be, not arcadey dodging mechanics.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vano Hachikan said:

Will they EVER fix the QE leaning spam?? The game feels like fortnite with that pos.

The game needs also inertia

Edited by GigiGamer87
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

???

Game already has stamina, what are you talking about?

Might be a stretch, but they might mean "fatigue" aside from general stamina.

1 hour ago, DefectiveWater said:

???

Game already has stamina, what are you talking about?

I want to say inertia not stamina (I edited my precedent post)

• Beans 3

On 1/28/2022 at 5:10 PM, meatball1 said:
  • Disabled leaning while sprinting

So this is really needed after 10 years? But fixing major exploit in the game engine isnt needed? Its been years and years and I still can't fucking understand this development team

It seems to me that since they have a small team right now they concentrate on things they can actually pull off. This change probably took a really short time and improves the game quite a bit.

It also seems to me that they would fix the engine and add all kinds of helicopters and chainsaws and bows if the company gave the devs the funding and manpower to do it.

• Beans 1

The release was 3 years ago and they still push updates for the game. So stop complayining, other games can only dream about this level if support!

On 1/27/2022 at 2:00 PM, analjesus said:

Thank you for fixing the drinking infinitely staving off starvation thing (which was scheduled for a fix prior to 1.15) but I have to say starvation still needs to be further addressed if there haven't been tweaks to it that aren't noted here. Taking ~90 minutes to die of starvation just makes hunger way too trivial 

If I may, I can tell you. To a newbie the current situation is more than enough to handle. As a newbie, even with a map, with extensive amount of "getting to know the game" (still noob of course, for the next dozens or more hours) dying of hunger really prevents you from doing anything useful in this game. I understand that if you more or less know all the techniques, all the details, able to interpret the map completely and know what to do in any situation with regards to survival, then yes, you'll probably not have a lot of deaths based on hunger. But then again nothing BI can realistically change will alter that situation. You're still gonna make it and not die of anything stupid. While newcomers have the hardest time surviving as it is and the threshold to get over that initial bump is quite heavy. We played 2 years ago and managed decently alright, we just started a couple of weeks ago again and I can tell you. The game is definitely very interesting but with everything it throws at you also extremely demanding and that's putting it lightly. The hunger, especially in combination with the cold, alone are more than a handful to manage, together with the sickness and low amount of loot it's keeping us basically busy 100% of the time already. I don't think the game wants to dismiss newcomers in droves. I don't think any game can afford that really, this not being an exception. About your "90 minutes dying hunger too trivial" - sometimes I run around for more than an hour, from tree to tree, finding 1 apple, yes, as said, NOOB, I know. Desparately looking for that chicken in nowhere (it is on the map). Didn't spawn? Do these rotate through spawn locations? I don't know. Right now, I would really recommend for you to find a hardcore server, the game is right at the edge of undoable for us. Luckily we like a challenge. But there is that - imho it doesn't need more of it at the moment. Just my 2 cents.

Edited by metafa
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, metafa said:

Right now, I would really recommend for you to find a hardcore server

There are some noob friendly private servers too...

But I rather think that the game lacks of some propper offical tuturial videos to adress this proplem. I mean theres a lot on yt but some are quite outdated.

Edited by Officer Failure
typo

On 1/27/2022 at 4:06 AM, lynn.zaw said:

PC Experimental 1.16 Update - Version 1.15.154478 (Released on 27.01.2022)

Thank you for the update.  Looking forward to a great 2022.  I hope that BI has great success filling their staff, despite a small/competitive market of developers.

Could you please let us know if this update, when moved to stable, will include wipes?  Thanks.

14 hours ago, netmailcom said:

Why are you here telling people about the complexity of creating games, for what?  The game was released by a group of schoolchildren?  Not!  People are making money.  The community points out obvious problems in the game, and the developer deals with nonsense.  What excuses can there be?  Create all new weapons and alarm clocks?  Is this the development limit and the right things?  The developer has lost touch with the community and this has been evident over the years.  And don't send people to other games, DayZ is a great and great game, it can be the best, can the developers put more effort into the really important issues to get sincere thanks, don't you think?

I only say that when the armchair internet developers all claim that every fix is easy and could be done in a week. As for the rest of your comments, I agree. We waited patiently during the last 18 months when there were bugfixes and small changes. I want BI to dedicate resources to the big problems (vehicles and now security). These are engine level issues that I suspect the current team isn't well versed or isn't allowed to change.  I don't care if we don't get a release until the summer.  I could care less about guns since they all go pew, pew, pew. I haven't even tried the alarm clock - does it attract the infected? cute, interesting... I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

I only say that when the armchair internet developers all claim that every fix is easy and could be done in a week.

As an armchair developer, I imagine it would be difficult to do some things as it would require the engine to be re-assembled, like network code and moving cars to the client side.  So, it's not ALL.  We need to be realistic, although it isn't going to hinder development if we nag about it, right?

On 1/27/2022 at 12:46 PM, nemorus said:

All these things could be done in a week or so, especially when the staff is on payroll. How many people actually work on this title? Ah, sure, you don't bother yourself with responding to some randoms.

Just once I wanna see all of the "this stuff is easy, it takes a week" people to get up and actually go mod some of this stuff in "a week". Just once. Since it's so easy. 

• Beans 1

Is it just me or is it harder to sneak to a Z and kill them silent  with a knive? They seem to hear you way faster. Even slow croching seem to alert them. Dont like it.

If you mange to kill them silently - the "slash" sound  is way quieter. This is better than before.

38 minutes ago, andro_dawton said:

Is it just me or is it harder to sneak to a Z and kill them silent  with a knive? They seem to hear you way faster. Even slow croching seem to alert them. Dont like it.

If you mange to kill them silently - the "slash" sound  is way quieter. This is better than before.

Nah. it's as easy as it can be. Military zeds are easy enough, civilian ones are deaf, blind and dumb. 

37 minutes ago, andro_dawton said:

Not sure, I'll need to pay attention to this. Might have to do with the fact I was wearing Trail Shoes which are as loud as boots.
I would assume there were no changes, but I noticed zeds doing the "heuuuugh?" sound 2-3 times instead of only once when they notice you.

I also encountered a Gas Zone bug, it was in Stary mili tents. There was visual effect that the zone is there, but the zeds didn't die, neither did I.
No cuts, no coughing nothing... Smoke disappears a bit when I enter it.

37 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

I also encountered a Gas Zone bug, it was in Stary mili tents. There was visual effect that the zone is there, but the zeds didn't die, neither did I.

I had the exact same bug, I saw the gas over stary jar, two mates I was playing with didn't see it. It disappeared when I relogged. 

On 29/01/2022 at 13:00, Jason_Bourne said:

Caros desenvolvedores, peço pela enésima vez. É realmente difícil colocar essa coisa de volta no jogo?

Burlap_Wrap.png

I answer you as a player, no, and just write some commands in config.cpp and you're back in the game, yes, just use mozin's ghile base and that's it, that's already there you can spawn through ADM

On 1/30/2022 at 12:58 PM, DefectiveWater said:

I have experienced this while the zone was active but once it started to fade it glitched like this. It clearly started fading away so we went in, no cuts no coughing, the air was clear in the vicinity but the zone was still rendering ~50 meters ahead. So apparently a glitch.