Kyiara

Stable Update 1.15

34 minutes ago, AgonyTTV said:

You've missed the point where Sumrak said that this was going to be up to the community and how they responded to the feature, whether or not the feature makes it into stable. 

Those 18,000+ people that voted in the multiple polls from people in the community as whole, over 12,600 said they didn't want it. Majority of DIRECT replies to Sumrak where he said it was up to how it was received, said they didn't want it in the game. The fact that you're ignoring polls on this topic with 18 THOUSAND people voting on it (75% of DayZ's average playercount) kind of just shows that you're missing the point, and just want to argue because I don't admire the project lead like you do. 
A good majority of the community voiced that they did not want this feature in game - and it still has been pushed through stable. Yes, he is indeed out of touch with the game and it's community when he is blatantly ignoring something that he himself said he would listen to.  
If you're gonna try and debate, don't try to rely on strawman arguments the whole time, "lad". 

Also, not everyone plays on community servers, so yeah, get out of here with the server owner argument. It's a bad hill to die on, "lad".

"If you're gonna try and debate, don't try to rely on strawman arguments the whole time, "lad""

Debate? I don't like the hit indicators. 
Even though I don't, I'm not going to allocate a whole day towards crying to the developers like some entitled man-child about some straw-poll and twitter replies getting ignored. These developers do read these threads, and would have came to the conclusion that they needed to rework/remove hit indicators without you polluting this topic with insults towards a guy who has put an immense amount of time and passion into the game and helping others in the community.

Deal with it for a few days. Or cry more on here. I'll come back when I need a refill of your tears

5 minutes ago, O_P said:

"If you're gonna try and debate, don't try to rely on strawman arguments the whole time, "lad""

Debate? I don't like the hit indicators. 
Even though I don't, I'm not going to allocate a whole day towards crying to the developers like some entitled man-child about some straw-poll and twitter replies getting ignored. These developers do read these threads, and would have came to the conclusion that they needed to rework/remove hit indicators without you polluting this topic with insults towards a guy who has put an immense amount of time and passion into the game and helping others in the community.

Deal with it for a few days. Or cry more on here. I'll come back when I need a refill of your tears

Never said you liked them - but you are here, literally debating what I've said in regards to a majority feedback and polls. You literally started your reply off with another strawman, so I'm just going to assume you're a troll and continue on with my day. 

Edited by AgonyTTV

I'm totally gonna get roasted for this, but I'm disappointed in the comments here.

The game has gone through a major overhaul in the past few years to become something way better than it used to be. Meanwhile, everyone here is complaining about things that, honestly, I think are pretty easy to assume or are non-issues.

ArmA 3 has similar bugs with cars and what not, so it's clearly a fundamental issue with the engine that may not be that easy to solve. Perhaps they are working on it, but the only real solutions would be completely game breaking, and any existing mods or communities would crumble if they tried to port over.

I started to play the game again after a couple years and it's already way better than it used to be. We ran into some odd bugs maybe, but most of them were issues with the mods that were on some servers, or maybe the servers are overloaded, or users with 100-200+ ping are on the server. And of course I'd love to see some performance improvements (since car problems mainly on happen on laggy servers with more than 60 players), but that can also come down to people straying from the recommended hardware or configuration.

At least be grateful that they added quite a few things for mod developers through the API. Perhaps this will help with mod stability.

If you really are so upset with all the lack of changes here, maybe go make your own game that has no bugs and can handle dozens of users on the same server with mods.

Or better yet, just stop playing DayZ. That will hurt them the most. Everyone publicizing the game by playing it will only get more and more people that are just fine with the game as-is.

Be grateful that they at least got the game to the playable state and, frankly, revived the player base by doing that. They could have easily just given up on the game completely.

Edited by Dark-ad4b035dd13e527b
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

I dislike the hit direction indicators not because of realism or whatever, but because they are, plain and simple, ugly and intrusive. To much happening on the screen already, I really don't want red splotches flying around when I'm being smacked about by zombies. So I have them disabled on my servers - and I thank the devs for that option - but that won't help people playing on official servers.

So here's an idea to make this less of a shit sandwhich: Add a client-side toggle too, so players on servers with them enabled can still opt to disable them for themselves. With or without the previous red vignette flash on hit.

And make them default OFF on "hardcore" servers.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

In the end its their game to take in the direction they think is best. I think hit indicators are realistic and don't see the problem other then the shady people that like to shoot people that have no idea they are being watched getting butthurt. I would like to see third person gone but what they did getting rid of all the extra servers seems to be working great. More fuller servers and that includes fpp servers. I play on Livonia hardcore official and now they are packed... before you were lucky to hit 30 players during high traffic hours. Now I'm counting upwards of 60 players.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, AgonyTTV said:

And no, it's not over just hit detectors. It's over the ENTIRE direction the game has taken since they've become project lead.

All you have to do is look at the player count since they took over. I think those are the real statistics that determine a project lead’s success.

Also…. Snide comments and ego? Says the man  who wants someone to lose their job because they’re ‘ruining’ your ‘perfect’ game….

😭 Grow up.

• Beans 2

7 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Edit: apparently there are 3 different types of indicators. I didn't know about it, my comment about visual changes should be ignored, but I still think it should show only a general direction.

The accuracy is configurable as well. I believe it is about +/- 20 degrees by default, and the "scatter" rate can be increased to make them less likely to show the right direction.

Still looks crap, so I'm happy I can just be rid of them..

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, Matthew Bower said:

other then the shady people that like to shoot people that have no idea they are being watched getting butthurt (+3pp blabla)

That's exactly not what's happening, since most people complaining about it are playing hardcore or 1pp servers. Most of the complains were from people who found it completely off-limit since DayZ claims itself to be centered around hardcore survival, not cod-like pvp. And the majority of the other players who don't like this change are those who know this was supposed to remain in test for some time, and would only be an option in this update. So now all the vanilla servers will have some idiot arcade feature which could easily have been an option or a mod. It achieves nothing besides being immersion-breaking and still has to be proven anything close to "realistic". It's 100% useless on close-quarter because (most people) have freaking ears to hear sounds, it's even bad as it will distract you if you take several close hits. As for long-range shots... Then why not just adding a nametag over every player just to be sure everyone can spot you when you shoot. Spotting a player is already easy enough with the gun sound direction, if you add a "precise" hit indicator you can easily define a 30-40° zone to search. Finally, it doesn't fit the actual "figure it out yourself" style of the game : you generaly lack intel like how you died, the sickness you catched or even any wound feedback when shooting someone. This feature seem to come from nowhere.

It's less the feature itself that bother people, but its basic principle of adding an unneeded and unwanted arcade feature in the game, while in the same time saying they want a realistic and hardcore game.

Btw 3pp players are happy of this change, they already don't care about some ez mode camera angles.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

9 hours ago, Derleth said:

The accuracy is configurable as well. I believe it is about +/- 20 degrees by default, and the "scatter" rate can be increased to make them less likely to show the right direction.

Didn't know that was a thing. That's cool then. IDK what's all the drama about then...
I would honestly increase the scatter a bit, but still it's nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be.

It will not give out your position precisely. The only issue is with silencers, but they still serve their purpose, only they aren't as cheesy as they were.

EDIT: I like the spike variant the most, just wish it was black and not red so that it's harder to spot with the vignette blending with it.

Edited by DefectiveWater

2 hours ago, Not.that.guy.jaime said:

So are we going to get a breakdown of what protection or stats the hunter vest gives. I’d like to know how useful it is in a fight 

i doubt the hunter-vest gives any protection. probably same like the field- or tactical-vest. only the stab- and press-vests give protection (plate carriers ofc).

1 hour ago, DefectiveWater said:

Didn't know that was a thing. That's cool then. IDK what's all the drama about then...
I would honestly increase the scatter a bit, but still it's nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be.

It will not give out your position precisely. The only issue is with silencers, but they still serve their purpose, only they aren't as cheesy as they were.

EDIT: I like the spike variant the most, just wish it was black and not red so that it's harder to spot with the vignette blending with it.

the "drama" is there cos they stated it wouldnt be in stable and suddenly it is anyway. half-baked. sure admins can modify/disable it, but theres official servers too.

i believe u can use any colour variant u want:

hitDirectionIndicatorColorStrColor of the indicator widget, in ARGB format. The color is written in string form (""). For more info on the ARGB format, see section below.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki?title=DayZ:Gameplay_Settings

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, etwas said:

the "drama" is there cos they stated it wouldnt be in stable and suddenly it is anyway. half-baked. sure admins can modify/disable it, but theres official servers too.

Yeah, I guess. Maybe they should remove it from official, but I feel like all this drama will go away after a week.

6 minutes ago, etwas said:

hitDirectionIndicatorColorStrColor of the indicator widget, in ARGB format. The color is written in string form (""). For more info on the ARGB format, see section below.

Oh that's cool too, I guess they improved it enough to warrant a stable release? and also to see players reaction once they try it out instead of following the drama train.

When you stay out of the conversational drama over the indicators, personally as someone who just plays the game, I hardly noticed the indicator. I think had not so many people came out so fervently against the idea of being able to tell where you're hit, then it wouldn't be such a big issue. In the end I'm glad they improved the looks, because it makes it feel like less of a visual indication and more of an object of immersion. That you can feel the painful wound as it strikes you, rather being obligatory sound only.

patch notes say "Slightly reduced the health damage caused by dehydration and starvation". It seems like starvation pauses when you have water in your belly. and with the increase in time to ingest water this pause in starvation damage is longer in 1.15. If you are hydrated the damage from starvation is low enough that you can regen health back to 100% by drinking water. This makes it possible for your survivor to never eat food as there aren't any penalties for having a completely empty flashing red apple... you can still sprint, have normal movement speed and have 100% health.

Edited by david4460

18 hours ago, Derleth said:

I dislike the hit direction indicators not because of realism or whatever, but because they are, plain and simple, ugly and intrusive. To much happening on the screen already, I really don't want red splotches flying around when I'm being smacked about by zombies. So I have them disabled on my servers - and I thank the devs for that option - but that won't help people playing on official servers.

So here's an idea to make this less of a shit sandwhich: Add a client-side toggle too, so players on servers with them enabled can still opt to disable them for themselves. With or without the previous red vignette flash on hit.

And make them default OFF on "hardcore" servers.

I agree with this, the indicators are very intrusive. Too bright and too big.
A client-side toggle would inutilize the server-side and i think that is the best.

5 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

If you're getting shot by a silenced weapon at a distance where you can't hear the gun, you probably won't get hit, so the hit indicator won't be of any help.
If you can hear the gun popping, you will be able to determine it's direction.

Every update has been great, new mechanics and itens, more guns and improved stability. Of course there are the vehicles, the desync bugs and other problems, but the game is moving foward and it's being fun.
I wish the updates were more frequent and the devs to put their thoughts here on the forums so we can debate before their start the changes, but the dev team size won't make that possible.

17 minutes ago, Ermanhaut said:

Too bright and too big.

5 hours ago, etwas said:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki?title=DayZ:Gameplay_Settings

Color is adjustable, and accuracy of them is adjustable too.

17 minutes ago, Ermanhaut said:

If you're getting shot by a silenced weapon at a distance where you can't hear the gun, you probably won't get hit, so the hit indicator won't be of any help.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from 125 meters you can't hear suppressed guns except the supersonic crack, which from what I know is hard/impossible to figure out from where it's coming from.
125 meters isn't hard to hit tbh. Indicator will help.

Not saying that it shouldn't help. If you choose to shoot at someone, that someone should at least have a chance to fight back. Git gud and kill them before they shoot back and you (in general, not directed to you Ermanhaut) won't have issues with hit indicators.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Color is adjustable, and accuracy of them is adjustable too.

I play mostly official vanilla, so this won't be useful.

45 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from 125 meters you can't hear suppressed guns except the supersonic crack, which from what I know is hard/impossible to figure out from where it's coming from.
125 meters isn't hard to hit tbh. Indicator will help.

Not saying that it shouldn't help. If you choose to shoot at someone, that someone should at least have a chance to fight back. Git gud and kill them before they shoot back and you (in general, not directed to you Ermanhaut) won't have issues with hit indicators.

I was wrong, you can only hear the crack from supressed shots after 125m.
I was trying to say that if you're getting shot and can't hear the weapon sound, it narrows down the possibilities where the shooter is.
I'm thinking on situations but I'm too stupid to make my point clear haha 

Edited by Ermanhaut
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

I have been away from Dayz for about a year and from what I can tell not a lot has changed.  Vehicles, as mentioned earlier in this post, are still bad, base building is a waste of time as tent placement is still poor, for some reason I can't build the base part of a tower either.  Loot spawn is still poor as you don't get the spread as it is still one area heavy with an item eg no wire in a few towns then one town has lots of it.  In fact, the game needs a lot of balancing carried out.   I don't bother mending items as there aren't enough repair kits in the game or more to the point not enough shots before they are used up compared to how quickly things get damaged.  Not sure about bullets, but from first impressions, there isn't enough in the game at the moment especially low tear ones.  We have gone from feast to famine.  

Getting hit by zeds and getting a bleed was a pain in the arse, but the recovery was quick enough that you could get round to scavenging quickly, that is not the case now, I have spent more time in the red than in any other patch previously.  I wouldn't mind so much if there were a few more saline/blood bags around, but I haven't found that many. Yet again maybe zombies have less chance of doing bleed damage.    On the plus side, I see more zeds are spawning in although the respawn timer needs a tweak as I have gone through a small village and when I get back to my car 5 mins later there are just as many zeds there again as when I started, a little emersion breaking for me that one.  My conclusion is less time adding new stuff and more time fixing and balancing. I play on vanilla servers and this is just my experience of the game so far.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Just noticed disabling Container & Base Damage doesn't work anymore. Can you guys confirm this?

Update : Settings now transfered to cgfgameplay.json

Update 2 : Added enableCfgGameplayFile = 1 and changed values on cgfgameplay.json still has no effect on base & container damage. 😫😔

Edited by The Deuce Hunter

The hit marker adds clutter to the screen, and I don’t like that it is red; that color should be reserved for a bleed. The hit marker should simply be the shock vignette because it is indicating pain. It should only indicate front, back, or sides (the four edges of the screen). It could turn red when you suffer a cut/wound.

In my mind, anything more than that, is greatly pushing the sim aspect of DayZ away from hardcore, to essentially CoD.

An example:

You are not wearing armor and you get shot in the center of your back from your 4 o’clock. You would feel pain in your back. There is no way to tell the angle of entry in any realistic scenario, unless perhaps you are an elite-trained fighter and are sensitive to the inertia you experienced at impact, which you are not.  With the hit marker, you know the shooter is 120 degrees to your right, and remove the possibility that the shot was from between 160-200 degrees (behind).

Furthermore, the issue with suppressed shots is a no-brainer... yet, somehow, here we are.

Can we do away with it completely in 1.16? Yes, everything was fine before.

Edited by EzyStriderPS4
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

It could turn red when you suffer a cut/wound.

I've always been saying this ever since they announced hit indicators. Why not give us a way to know if we are bleeding? Lot's of people play with HUD turned off, and I would do the same if I knew I'm bleeding from a hit.
So... Agreed.

It should only indicate front, back, or sides (the four edges of the screen).

Agreed.

1 hour ago, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Can we do away with it completely in 1.16? Yes, everything was fine before.

I think there is more potential for hit indicators. Other than that I agree with your opinion.

And speaking of 1.16, I've got a feeling that it might be a big (at least for DayZ standards) update...
First update of the year, and hopefully with new devs on board too - they did state that they are hiring more folks, so I guess we gotta stay tuned and see where it ends up.

I hope that in the future the game gets RPM fixes, so that automatic guns around bound to only specific values. M4 having only a choice of 600 / 900 RPM is a bummer, but that's not really important issue tbh.

Edited by DefectiveWater

PT-BR

Colocando diversos enfeites no jogo. Arrumar os problemas básicos do jogo nem pensar. Portas continuam fazendo barulho em locais distintos de onde foram abertas em várias edificações. Mecânica da construção de coisas e colocação de tendas continua ruim. Mais um "patch" de decoração inútil.

EN-US (google)

Putting various ornaments in the game. Fix the game's basic problems no way. Doors keep making noise in different places from where they were opened in several buildings. Mechanics of building things and putting up tents remains poor. Another useless decoration patch.

🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

I have a couple of questions:

1) Do the devs read this forum and these posts? 
2) I saw a funny video on YouTube and on comments there are many people talking about lack of inertia in the game for sprinting and especially in strafing left/right, in relation to aiming (in this point if everyone would like to reply is very appreciated, because I want to understand possible changes at the game in future, I come back to play DayZ after 1 year of absence for multiplayer gaming and no read of updates on developing. Thanks)
3) are there SKS stripper clip 10rd in game?

Good work to development team for the rest, hoping in restoring items and object and improve the game update after update

27 minutes ago, GigiGamer87 said:

I have a couple of questions:

1) Do the devs read this forum and these posts? 
2) I saw a funny video on YouTube and on comments there are many people talking about lack of inertia in the game for sprinting and especially in strafing left/right, in relation to aiming (in this point if everyone would like to reply is very appreciated, because I want to understand possible changes at the game in future, I come back to play DayZ after 1 year of absence for multiplayer gaming and no read of updates on developing. Thanks)
3) are there SKS stripper clip 10rd in game?

Good work to development team for the rest, hoping in restoring items and object and improve the game update after update

1. Yes, I've had devs respond to my feedback many times, here and on the feedback website

2. I think there's a little inertia, but not much. Strafing is still a huge part of staying alive. If they put in inertia I just hope they bring back weapon sway to balance it.

3. No stripper clips or speed loaders for a long time now, hopefully they bring them back.

• Beans 1

What the fuck, went into a gas area fully kitted and two canisters with a half bar on each.  I only looted half of pavlova and both canisters had run out that is fucking poor what is the point if you cant loot pavlova which is a small place on at least half a canister.  Poor design deves.