Kyiara

Stable Update 1.15

It's weird. I find I have to eat a lot more these days. My toon is constantly stuffing his face.

It probably has been asked a trillion times, but will there be Linux-Support for the game (client-site)?

I moved from Windows to Linux and the only thing I am missing is running DayZ on it.
I wouldn't be sad if you guys implement Linux support in the far future after all versions settled, as long as if it is going to get Linux support.

If its solely about Battleye, I've read that they added BattleEye support for proton. ("Valve says supporting the Steam Deck with BattlEye anti-cheat is as easy as an email")

Is there some information about linux support?
What do you think?

Edited by Ken Bean
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, GumbyMN said:

I’ve had several reports that chickens can’t be skinned since this patch.

Try to place the chicken on the ground (pick it up then place it again), it doesn't work if you have it in your hands.

Edited by DefectiveWater

On 12/20/2021 at 6:56 PM, Ken Bean said:

It probably has been asked a trillion times, but will there be Linux-Support for the game (client-site)?

I moved from Windows to Linux and the only thing I am missing is running DayZ on it.
I wouldn't be sad if you guys implement Linux support in the far future after all versions settled, as long as if it is going to get Linux support.

If its solely about Battleye, I've read that they added BattleEye support for proton. ("Valve says supporting the Steam Deck with BattlEye anti-cheat is as easy as an email")

Is there some information about linux support?
What do you think?

It already works very well in linux.

https://www.protondb.com/app/221100

I'm using Glorius Eggroll version of proton so even FSR works.

For modded servers use this:

https://github.com/bastimeyer/dayz-linux-cli-launcher

Edited by finntux

On 12/27/2021 at 6:42 PM, GumbyMN said:

I’ve had several reports that chickens can’t be skinned since this patch.

Same on our server, didn't happen  before the last patch.
Chicken can neither be skinned nor picked up after killing them.
After server restart it works for a period of time, but for whatever reason all over sudden it stops working.
We were not able to ensure that it has to do with mods, it happens also if we disable all mods.

From the Wiki page linked to in the Changelog "The gameplay settings are located in DZ\worlds\chernarusplus\ce\cfggameplay.json, before you can start using it, you need to copy this file to your mission folder.

Once there, you can freely modify any of the values inside. To enable the usage of the file, you also need to add a new parameter "enableCfgGameplayFile = 1;" to your server.cfg file.

From that point on, whenever you run the server, the cfggameplay.json will be loaded and used by the game.

Parameters"

Who wrote this... ? What is a DZ\worlds\chernarusplus\ce\ directory??? I don't have this. And the "this file" link, it isn't a file, it's an entire folder so is it a file or is it a folder? That link takes me to a bunch of folders and files and if I click "get code" and choose zip, it I get a bunch of folders and files, do I dump all of it in my "mission folder" whatever that is supposed to mean? This documentation is horrible. I mean, they couldn't even tell me the name of the "file" that needs to be copied to my "mission" folder?

Edited by rfxcasey

On 11/23/2021 at 9:59 AM, etwas said:

thx for your reply.

that line in the documentation:

hitDirectionOverrideEnabled - Decides whether the values get used or not. Since anything undefined in the 'HitIndicationData' class (or any class in json file) is considered zero, allows us to determine that some valid data had been loaded

just confuses me. i set it back to value "1" and it works now.

however im still confused u released it after the massive negative feedback bout it during experimental.

Can you please explain this cause that documentation sucks. So do you set 'hitDirectionOverrideEnabled' to 1 and then 'hitDirectionBehaviour' to 0? Your statement "i set it BACK to value "1" and it works now" is cryptic. You set what "back" to 1, the 'hitDirectionBehaviour' cause it's default as 1 for me already while "hiteDirectionOverrideEnabled" is default as 0 so I wouldn't be setting it "back" to 1. I'm assuming it's supposed to be the 'Override' set to '1' and then the 'hitDirectionBehaviour' set to '0', is that correct?

Edited by rfxcasey

On 11/23/2021 at 11:14 AM, Nolhek said:

After reading a few negative comments about the developers, some of them even toxic... I think it is not fair at all. It's been a fantastic year for DayZ, and that is thanks to their hard work. This isn't the best update of the year, of course, but it's been followed shortly after the biggest and still has good details that improve various aspects of the game.

Although there is one thing that I agree with some; the hit indicator should be completely removed from the game, not even have a toggle setting in the server configuration because from my point of view this game isn't the place for that kind of stuff.

Despite that, congratulations and keep it going. Thank you.

Your post sounds 'toxic' to me.

On 11/23/2021 at 11:41 AM, Matthew Bower said:

I dont know what the big deal is with hit indicators... They arent accurate as they have stated. If you get shot you are going to have some sort of idea where it came from. The people crying about the hit indicators are likely playing third person and their opinions are worthless. Get rid of 3rd person... then lets discus the hit indicators...

Hit indicators are being hated on by the toxic scumbags that populate Dayz. 

Anyone that disagrees with anything above is likely not worth the time it would take to reply to you so stfu idc cry some more.

All I really care about is getting pens(so i can leave notes/walkies suck and Im against people using 3rd party chat services. Yeah Im talking to you.) back and cars fixed(so the cars don't turn into Chain chomps and try to kill me). Anything they they do at this point is meaningless to me as I don't really take the game too seriously at this point.

3rd person can be disabled by the server as well so what's the problem? Don't play on servers with 3rd person or hit indicators enabled, problem solved.

On 11/23/2021 at 12:24 PM, James Robert Black said:

Exactly, the people complaining about UI indicators are idiots and cowards. If i hit you in the back with a baseball bat your going to know you got hit in the back, right? Its called pain from the injury. Its called more realistic. These people have apparently never been in combat in their lives if they think you can't tell if you got shot in the back or the chest, thats more fair. Yall can F all the way off with that Idiocy....

Not to be a smart guy but which were you shot in, the back or the chest?

On 12/19/2021 at 4:06 PM, Tonyeh said:

Was there major food changes done in this patch? I know the indicator was fiddled with but it seems that the apple and bottle drain much quicker than before. I've eaten until stuffed and ran around for a bit (half an hour maybe) and there's a gap at the top of my apple already.

That can't be right surely?

I knew there were changes done to food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEQ1SIznsiQ

On 1/5/2022 at 11:12 AM, rfxcasey said:

Can you please explain this cause that documentation sucks. So do you set 'hitDirectionOverrideEnabled' to 1 and then 'hitDirectionBehaviour' to 0? Your statement "i set it BACK to value "1" and it works now" is cryptic. You set what "back" to 1, the 'hitDirectionBehaviour' cause it's default as 1 for me already while "hiteDirectionOverrideEnabled" is default as 0 so I wouldn't be setting it "back" to 1. I'm assuming it's supposed to be the 'Override' set to '1' and then the 'hitDirectionBehaviour' set to '0', is that correct?

this is how it looks in my config:

"hitDirectionOverrideEnabled": 1,
            "hitDirectionBehaviour": 0,
            "hitDirectionStyle": 0,
            "hitDirectionIndicatorColorStr": "0xffbb0a1d",
            "hitDirectionMaxDuration": 0,
            "hitDirectionBreakPointRelative": 0,
            "hitDirectionScatter": 0,
            "hitIndicationPostProcessEnabled": 1

i cant really explain it, but it works fine. no hit indicators^^

the documentation files in general are sometimes very confusing. i wish there was a bit more easy explanation for plebs like me.

23 hours ago, etwas said:

this is how it looks in my config:

"hitDirectionOverrideEnabled": 1,
            "hitDirectionBehaviour": 0,
            "hitDirectionStyle": 0,
            "hitDirectionIndicatorColorStr": "0xffbb0a1d",
            "hitDirectionMaxDuration": 0,
            "hitDirectionBreakPointRelative": 0,
            "hitDirectionScatter": 0,
            "hitIndicationPostProcessEnabled": 1

i cant really explain it, but it works fine. no hit indicators^^

the documentation files in general are sometimes very confusing. i wish there was a bit more easy explanation for plebs like me.

The OverrideEnabled bit just means the lines below will be read.
hitDirectionBehaviour is a toggle to use direction indicators (1) or not (0)
hitDirectionStyle is three options (arrows, splotches or spikes) for how the indicators look if you have them enabled
hitDirectionIndicatorColorStr allows to customise their clolour
hitDirectionmaxDuration allows to customise how long they are visible before they fade
hitDirectionBrakPointRelative has to do with how they fade or if they just disappear without fading
hitDirectionScatter is how many potential degrees "wrong" the indicator should show. It will randomly display somewhere between these values relative to the actual direction of the hit
hitIndicationPostProcessEnabled is the legacy red flash upon getting hit (i.e. how it was before the indicators).

So the only ones important to get rid of the indicators are OverrideEnabled that needs to be 1, hitDirectionBehaviour that must be 0 and hitIndicationPostProcessEnabled that needs to be 1 to get the previous red flash when hit.

Also it is important not to forget this: "you also need to add a new parameter "enableCfgGameplayFile = 1;" to your server.cfg file."

Edited by Derleth
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

13 hours ago, etwas said:

thx derleth!

and now for the weather config? xD

Haha took me a while to figure that one out! You need to remove the weather init from init.c or the weather config file will be ignored. If the lines in init.c are still there the server will slide towards 100% rain, wind and fog and stay there permanently. I had some very depressed players on my Deer Isle server before I figured out what was going on.. 😂

I have a stupid question, but is temperature ever going to be expanded? Because yes, cold = hardcore but it negates about 90% of the available clothing and frankly makes no sense to have the same and lower temperature all the time. Especially on a regular server that in no other way communicates that it's freezing. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

I have a stupid question, but is temperature ever going to be expanded? Because yes, cold = hardcore but it negates about 90% of the available clothing and frankly makes no sense to have the same and lower temperature all the time. Especially on a regular server that in no other way communicates that it's freezing. 

Ways they could fix this is by:
1) adding more clothing options and color variety
2) adding layering clothes (inner layer loses slots).
3) make day time warmer, nights colder + yellow temp more prominent

Let me explain the second option:

They don't even have to show clothes on the model when you layer it, we could just get another "inner layer jacket/t-shirt" slot that will only take insulation stats and add up to the existing outer layer.
Too warm clothing/too many layers = yellow temp when running
Too cold/not enough layers = obviously blue temp

During day time it should be warmer so players shouldn't be able to stack best insulation jackets + high insulation sweater without sweating.
During night time it should be colder so players would have to have either best insulation jackets or well layered clothing (medium jacket + medium/high inner layer?)

Now players have more choices because they could use raincoats (low amount of slots) as outer layers with warm inner layer like sweater as insulation bonus.
Along with that we should get the first option I mentioned which will offer even more variety to players to mix and match.

There will be some balancing issues though. Should a player be warm enough during night time with just a hunting jacket? Should a player be warm enough with just a t-shirt on top (everything else best/high insulation) during day time?
Layering clothes will offer some much needed flexibility to the game which will make some useless clothing options actually useful.

Also jackets shouldn't be able to be used as inner layers.

Edited by DefectiveWater

@DefectiveWater frankly what I want is summer to be summer. And even in the colder months, unless it's freezing, the best insulation clothes top to bottom should still make you overheat. Temperature drops at night are a given. Putting a working heat pack or hot food/items into your inventory should properly heat you up. We actually had this on the old engine. Wearing the pea coat in summer made you overheat. Best to sync server time to real world so that you know what to expect. If someone needs to tweak the temperature scale they could do so in the config. 

Edited by William Sternritter
  • Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 10:33 AM, William Sternritter said:

In the serverDz.cfg there is a line "serverTime" = with the format year/month/day/hour/minute
You can change the month to change the "coldness", for example hardcore namalsk is december, normal Namalsk is November. (I guess same for other missions / maps)

Default temps for Namalsk are (Jan to Dec):

MAX{-12, -8, -3, 0, 2, 5, 7, 11, 8, 5, 2, -8}

MIN{-32, -27, -21, -14, -7, -4, -2, 2, -3, -7, -15, -25}

So January is the coldest month (and the one with the longest nights, Namalsk is far north on the globe 😉

Idk the temps for Chernarus, but you can just try out different serverTime values until it's warm enough ;()

3 hours ago, Jappe Hallunken said:

In the serverDz.cfg there is a line "serverTime" = with the format year/month/day/hour/minute
You can change the month to change the "coldness", for example hardcore namalsk is december, normal Namalsk is November. (I guess same for other missions / maps)

Default temps for Namalsk are (Jan to Dec):

MAX{-12, -8, -3, 0, 2, 5, 7, 11, 8, 5, 2, -8}

MIN{-32, -27, -21, -14, -7, -4, -2, 2, -3, -7, -15, -25}

So January is the coldest month (and the one with the longest nights, Namalsk is far north on the globe 😉

Idk the temps for Chernarus, but you can just try out different serverTime values until it's warm enough ;()

I know and sadly no it does not make the map any warmer. Had Chernarus and Livonia servers in July, it was still the same weather and struggle with cold even when dressed in best insulation top to bottom.