Riddick_2K

Regarding the toxic areas

Everyone happy with this? Anyone who thinks it's bullshit that makes the game unnecessarily mangy and annoying? Anyone who thinks that with the substance of the "survival of a world pandemic" game it does not matter ?
No criticism?

Dynamics too... 😮

Really missing no only light sabers and an alien spaceship that appears every now and then and kidnaps some players at random...

🤮

Edited by Riddick_2K

Areas such as these had to happen eventually. All because of NBC that was utterly useless for years. You couldn't ask survivors to wear NBC all the time simply because infected could infect them in a heat of battle... So another way to use suits had to be implemented - and then toxic zones happened in modding section. Problem solved itself; It's cheap, but it's something.

Static zones: I agree 100% that they should be in the game.
Dynamic zones: I agree 50% that they should be in the game (bases in towns are lame now because of dynamic zones, and building bases in forests is awful). If you ask me, I would remove dynamic zones.

8 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Really missing no only light sabers and an alien spaceship that appears every now and then and kidnaps some players at random...

What kind of comparison is this? this makes no sense...

You can just... not go into the newly added zones and have almost the same game experience as always

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Beans 1

I think the static zones are great features that give players more to do with new challenges and rewards. 

Dynamic ones also impact the gameplay in a interesting way. There is no better loot, but it stops one from looting an area, giving new challenges for players. However I do see the implications with bases in towns... Perhaps reduce the the amount of Dynamic zones in towns

I don't see the issue. I think it's a great addition which gives another dimension to the game. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I've been critical of them in so far that I've been meh about them. Searching the map for all the NBC gear has been a right pain in the hole. I'm many hours looking at the moment and all I've found has been a couple of gas masks and an NBC jacket. So frankly this is something that I'm going to be doing just the once probably. That means that the static zones will just be a no go area for me on Chernarus in the future. Mind you I am playing on a server that's full most of the time so all that gear is swiped pretty quick. The dynamic zones I don't mind really as it just adds another danger to the game. So if an area is shelled, I'll just come back later when the gas dissipates.

It's a nice idea but, TBH, I can see people getting sorta tired of them in the near future.

An area in its own right, like an ex-military depot exploded would make sense, but "normal" parts of the map that suddenly plague NO... it makes no sense. How are they supposed to be infested? Did citizens keep gas cylinders in the basements of their houses? What does it mean ?!? It has the same sense as the farts of the flying pink unicorn...
And...
Who should bomb Chernarus? The aliens ? Another part of humanity left out of the pandemic? (why not send help, rather?) Is a galactic bullshit that's why I gave the example of the aliens... usual bullshit of this game.
Then, if he bombs Chernarus, it will be to kill the infected, not to kill the survivors, I hope... In the plagued areas the infected will all be dead, I hope... or the bullshit gets bigger.

AND...

The mere fact that there is something in the game that has not been used for some time does not necessarily imply that something has to be done later... that makes no logical sense.

I still see that in this forum there is still a small group of aficionados who always justify these programmers whatever they do... what are you, relatives, friends or do you take a percentage on sales?

I hope at least that in the plagued areas the infected will all be dead...
And the sense of bombing Chernarus is precisely to kill the infected, otherwise it is just a absurd illogical nonsense just to make the game more annoying unnecessarily... here is the sense of the light saber and the alien spaceship... and I would add also the "old" flying pink unicorn...
But already knowing the game (and who writes/manages it), I would not be surprised that the infected in the contaminated areas will not only be alive and well, but maybe even a little more resistant and strong... just so as not to deny the will... DO NOT do something right and logical, but something stupid and absurd... as too often in this game, which makes it worse with each patch.
Like the absurd and annoying rays of the Sun...
Backpacks that cannot be stored full...
Fences that can only be planted on perfectly flat land...
Tents that can only be set up on perfectly flat ground...
Construction (fences, observation towers, etc.) that cannot be planted well side by side, but far from each other...
And many other small and big shit done deliberately... NOT bugs! 🤬

Two specific questions:
* - Is there a map with the fixed areas covered by the infestation?
* - If I have a fixed base and I get the plagued bullet... what should I do? Quit the game and wait? How many ?

But does all this make sense?
Is all this really funny to you?

In my opinion it could have made sense only if they had added a separate area where to implement this plagued area... maybe an abandoned military ex-depot that, with time and neglect, could have exploded and plagued the area... and they could add some exclusive special loot... but so widely for the map, with no logical sense it's just another absurd and pain in the ass bullshit... as usual, sadly...
Also for this reason I always read with terror and horror every news about new patches... they fix something but break something else... and they add (except in rare cases: the Desert Eagle) always bullshit and/or useless things. This time, I fear, they surpassed themselves in absurd and unnecessarily annoying things...

Anyway, I'll download the experimental one and try a few games... since we'll all have to finish there anyway, except to permanently close the game, or have the money to dedicate a fixed PC to keep a modded (logical) version of the game online.

Static zones are great and they do make perfect sense, and provide a new end goal.

I don't like dynamic areas but they do add another dimension to the gameplay. I know for a fact that 90% of people who play DayZ don't bother with basebuilding, and now suddenly when dynamic contamination zones are introduced everyone is losing their mind because they can't stay in their "bases". Make up your mind.

I wrote this somewhere else before...If we go for a 28 days/weeks later scenario than the outbreak would be possible regional and still existing governments and military would try to stop the virus from spreading further. Since the infected are still human it would be not a bad idea to clear the big cities etc with gas...should be clear that nobody would give a fuck about a few survivors....

We also can find recently crashed helicopters...so yeah ..there must be someone out there.

As Riddick said...this only makes sense if the infected also die in contaminates areas 🙂

Edit. Such mechanics could even help twith the horrible map borders...if you try to cross the borders ..you are gunned down...or shot down by AA missiles  etc.etc..

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

Yes, if the game would be set a few weeks after the pandemic... but then the already rusty cars wouldn't make sense. This game does NOT make any sense... it is haphazard... this is one of its main flaws! Perhaps even more so than the bugs themselves, which are annoying anyway. But the fact that the game has no sense of logic and chronological time, in my opinion, is its biggest flaw and also the most annoying. 😧

Edited by Riddick_2K

22 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

This game does NOT make any sense...

It's true, the lore is impromptu, mostly.  Turns out to be fine,  And yes, there has been criticism... on the experimental thread.

Yes, the game doesn't make sense.  Take these infected.  Humans with a virus.  That's what they are.  What kind of virus will turn your blood black, make you crazy, but also make you immune to hunger and the environment?  It doesn't make sense.  From a science perspective, the virus is completely nonsensical.  But it makes for a usable gameplay loop. 

Personally, and after more review, I think that the toxic areas will be a good thing.  Players will adapt.

Edited by Parazight
  • Like 1

Yes, ok ... A virus of its kind doesn't make any sense, but being a video game you have to be "a little tolerant", but here we have been exaggerating too much for a long time. Otherwise, if everything becomes lawful just because "it's a video game", then I put back the "lightsabers", "the aliens who kidnap random players" and the "flying pink unicorns".
The real skill in writing a video game is not only in the simple "writing without defects", but also in imagining it and making it fun but at the same time "possible for most" (perhaps with scalable difficulty so as not to bore anyone) and "plausible in the context of same".
DayZ is a failed game in all contexts.
Its only luck is that it still remains a lot of fun and exciting... and it seems to me that, at the moment, it is unrivaled in this field... but the constantly increasing "annoyance" of its countless bugs and its (equally) countless "nonsense" is increasingly increasing the "weight" in the balance of "negative evaluations". Sooner or later, with this bad habit, the time will come when the scales will hang on the side of "close the game" or "change the game". 😕

Edited by Riddick_2K

Also bear in mind that Toxic or Irradiated Zones make an excellent tool for server owners to balance the loot. High-Tier areas with good Mil loot are usually "End-Game" areas, as you then become fully capable of surviving the rest of the challenges.

As there will be options for Static AND Dynamic zones, this gives us the opportunity to add a layer of risk to the experience without drastically reducing the actual items.

I like it. And I will be implementing Static Zones to the Mil Bases, and will have Dynamic Zones as long as they can be consistently configured.

Sorry but I didn't understand a tube of what you wrote. Keep in mind that I don't know English and I have to use Google.
"Balance The Loot" with infected areas? what does it mean ? The balancing you get by modifying the "types.xml" file not upset the game with bullshit.
"High-level zones with military loot" is "End Game"? How "End Game".... there is no "End Game" until you die ... it's a pandemic survival game, and if you survive the game never ends, and the "real victory" to this game is just DON'T die and build an increasingly equipped base to experience more and more comfortably and calm... This is the real victory at this game.
The end is only when you die or someone destroy your base and you have to start everything again.

Then, after all you wrote I didn't understand anything.

It's as if we were talking about 2 different games ...

Edited by Riddick_2K

2 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Sorry but I didn't understand a tube of what you wrote. Keep in mind that I don't know English and I have to use Google.
"Balance The Loot" with infected areas? what does it mean ? The balancing you get by modifying the "types.xml" file not upset the game with bullshit.
"High-level zones with military loot" is "End Game"? How "End Game".... there is no "End Game" until you die ... it's a pandemic survival game, and if you survive the game never ends, and the "real victory" to this game is just DON'T die and build an increasingly equipped base to experience more and more comfortably and calm... This is the real victory at this game.
The end is only when you die or someone destroy your base and you have to start everything again.

Then, after all you wrote I didn't understand anything.

It's as if we were talking about 2 different games ...

Mate, I think you're taking this a bit too seriously. If it bothers you, take a break from game.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Just Caused said:

Mate, I think you're taking this a bit too seriously. If it bothers you, take a break from game.

I understand that my English is bad since I have to use Google, but ... yours is not an answer.
Insult or, as you do, "denigrate" the interlocutor is the weapon of those who have no arguments to challenge. It is not the way to discuss regardless of the topic. 🤨

Edited by Riddick_2K

5 hours ago, Just Caused said:

[cut]

I know for a fact that 90% of people who play DayZ don't bother with basebuilding, and now suddenly when dynamic contamination zones are introduced everyone is losing their mind because they can't stay in their "bases". Make up your mind.

Perhaps because the majority of those who play DayZ are psychopaths, sociopaths, assassins and bandits missed in real life, and other people who believe that DayZ is a "weird" version of a FPS of War... as if it were still a variant of ArmA. And those who remain, given what they are around and since getting into a base is always too easy, avoid doing it.
In any case, since these programmers go to great lengths to make this game the way it is, making it harder and harder to build bases while increasing the weapons in play (as if weapons are missing), there aren't many alternatives left... except to go to the modded servers, but there is another nice "madhouse" of various absurdities.
In my opinion, the only way to try to make a base, as the game is right now, is in an almost deserted server, as cheaters, psychopaths and sociopaths look for the mass of players to be able to harass them... same thing the marauders and the "Rambo" from war FPS, look for the crowd to rob or kill... In an almost deserted server only those who want to do an "easy" loot enter, but generally then they leave, or who "seek tranquility"... hopefully ... if you hide well, perhaps, you have some chance.
Even if it doesn't always work. I'm afraid "civilized people" are very rare in this game. I had a base on one of these servers which lasted for just over a month. I could not even complete all the small metal fence in the rear courtyard that someone entered and did not just steal what they needed... it just destroyed everything! He left me only the complete entrance door alone and some scattered bullshit which, evidently, she was unable to take away... 2 cars including, curtains and materials... she literally completely dismantled the entire fence. If it's not a sociopath's job, this.
If I were in the government, I would give everyone who plays DayZ a psychiatric exam, I would definitely catch a lot of delinquents, sociopaths and psychopaths potentially dangerous in real life as well.
But...
Regardless of my opinions.
If you've heard someone denigrate the basics and now complain that they can't stay in it, it's them you should answer, not me.
If it's a problem with Google's poor translations, I'm sorry, but I don't know English and I have to use Google

@Riddick_2K yes, the game has some contradicting elements in its presentation, however; it also I think clearly shows that all of this is happening at the outbreak of the infection and not say 10 or more years after. 

- You wake up on a shore with nothing. That does not make much sense, unless you were just trying to escape but got lost or left behind

- Helicopters flying and crasing. Even without the sound effect, you would not find a smoking wreck years after

- Fresh makeshift barricades in Livonia

- Triage sites with yellow tents, clearly erected just recently

- the gas itself, if you want static contaminated areas, that is possible but it would not last years

- infected 🙂 they are alive, maybe something tells them that they do not need to eat, but they are humans. Grannies would have died of old age 😉

So it makes sense that there are ongoing strikes against cities full of infected. Those people are trying to contain it by killing the living matter (because infected are alive). And yes again, the game immediately craps on its own concept, because infected will respawn as soon as the cloud dissapears. 

The point is ..that this game has been developed over so many years not only by different teams and dev leads but also without any real vision and without people/devs/writers responsible for the background lore. I remember Brian Hicks as well as Peter Nespeny saying that they do not want to add strict lore but instead want the game to be as much sandbox as possible. Now after all this years it is simply too late...I personally still find this decision horrible since a good background lore is what ties everything together but yeah 😕

The question is..how should or could you rollplay a scenario with 50 different ideas of lore backgroundon a server ????  

On 9/18/2021 at 4:35 PM, Riddick_2K said:

I hope at least that in the plagued areas the infected will all be dead...

And the sense of bombing Chernarus is precisely to kill the infected, otherwise it is just a absurd illogical nonsense just to make the game more annoying unnecessarily... here is the sense of the light saber and the alien spaceship... and I would add also the "old" flying pink unicorn...
But already knowing the game (and who writes/manages it), I would not be surprised that the infected in the contaminated areas will not only be alive and well, but maybe even a little more resistant and strong... just so as not to deny the will... DO NOT do something right and logical, but something stupid and absurd... as too often in this game, which makes it worse with each patch.
Like the absurd and annoying rays of the Sun..

the infected die within about 40 seconds inside the gaszone. no nbc infected spawn in the dynamic ones.

sunglasses/tactical goggles work in 1.14

@Private Evans but what lore? 🙂 There is no lore for the outbreak. The game does a really good job at being sandbox and showing you the world. You do not need to read a lore book anywhere, you just walk the world.

What you see in the game, is the state of the world. If you came up with some lore for yourself that contradicts what the game is showing you, then your lore is simply wrong. 

On 9/18/2021 at 5:01 PM, Private Evans said:

As Riddick said...this only makes sense if the infected also die in contaminates areas

I think all the infected die when a place gets bombed. Only the newly spawned NBC gear infected with survive

4 hours ago, amadieus said:

I think all the infected die when a place gets bombed. Only the newly spawned NBC gear infected with survive

Yes they die. But they also keep spawning outside the gas cloud and respawn after it is gone. 

I saw a video of Wobo where he showed that the infected, in the carbonated zones, are much more aggressive and resistant and it seems that it is practically impossible to deal with them with sidearms because anyway you will receive damage to the anti-gas suit and you will die from the effect of this.
The bullshit remains that these newly infected will rain down from the sky like the gas... they haven't been there before.
We only need the 2-headed monster to complete the scheme and move on to the next scheme. It reminds me a lot of the arcade video games from the 70's-80's, the ones you can now play with the M.A.M.E. 225.gif

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Riddick_2K said:

The bullshit remains that these newly infected will rain down from the sky like the gas... they haven't been there before.

They really don't as of recent patch to the experimental.

In dynamic zones all zombies die, no NBC zombies spawn, only occasionally a zombie spawns but it dies in half a minute or so...