Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.14 (Changelog)

It's true that we shouldn't post exploits.  Sometimes people aren't aware that their 'bug' can be used to exploit game mechanics.  Experimental isn't known for strong user experiences so it's good to get these things out now, even if it's on the forums.  Besides, if the poster was truly malicious, he would have kept the information to himself, exploiting it as much he could, right?

Edited by Parazight

On 9/2/2021 at 3:45 AM, Kyiara said:

Changed: High tier weapons are not limiting spawning anymore, when stored in storage

Loving this. Feels like there's a reason to go north now, pretty much guarantees a decent gun even if you have to hop around military bases a bit.

3 hours ago, hegra said:

Why does food go away faster than water during a sprint?

I believe hydration loss is either broken or not properly configured. Sprinting does not seem to affect hydration loss any more than jogging, niether does being overheated.

Hey @hegra and @Derleth I just saw that the ticket about the issue you guys are referring to has been created. I would comment in it, but I haven't "experimented" in a few days so cannot confirm the bug, but I will try it this weekend and see if it's still there. Here is the link to the ticket https://feedback.bistudio.com/T160913

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Nolhek said:

Hey @hegra and @Derleth I just saw that the ticket about the issue you guys are referring to has been created. I would comment in it, but I haven't "experimented" in a few days so cannot confirm the bug, but I will try it this weekend and see if it's still there. Here is the link to the ticket https://feedback.bistudio.com/T160913

It's the same on the live game, I think it has been like this for a very long time, I only recently realised when playing on warm modded maps. The preternatural cold in vanilla DayZ makes overheating basically a non-issue unless you are sitting in a fire. I remember overheating being a major obstacle in 0.62 when wearing lots of clothes, gear and sprinting.

19 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Amazing big brain response, further explaining the exploit. You are aware that any bug that can be replicated to garner an advantage in-game is called an exploit right & breaks the rules of the forum. Doesnt matter if your friend did it on purpose, you literally described how to replicate it for any other immoral dumbass out there to follow.

I didn't say how he did it and you know why big brain? Becase we don't know. It happened randomly, during a walk in the forest, and if I wasn't there to tell him, he'd never knew. 

You see bigger brain, this is what we call a bug, not an exploit. A bug that is also nearly impossible to replicate, because we have no clue what triggered the deformation of his character to the outside world, while from his perspective nothing changed. 

But of course if you undrestood from the sentence "he turned into Slimer" exactly what went wrong and why, your biggest brain is wasted in the forums. Please write to BI that you know how to fix the game once and for all. I'll send you a chocholate as personal gratitude.  

Edited by William Sternritter
  • Like 1

Back on track; 

I like the helicopter sound crashing really adds to the experience. 

Was removed from the contaminated area upon login. If its your base i can get that its a bit frustrating. Maybe the dynamic toxic zones shouldnt last more then 15 mins. I mean its gas right? It blows away. Right now it lasts too long.

Maybe some NBC gear could be para dropped in near dynamic zones. Right now its too hard to come by.  Plus it makes sense if a government thinks survivors are still around. Doesn't have to be full suit. 

The stealth animation looks weird definitely needs more work! 

Food and drinks are fine as is, imo, time is accelerated, so should those. 

What happened to nights? I no longer need any form of lightsource (this was on official) 

All in all its getting better. Now if only i could get my bow!! 

• Beans 1

17 minutes ago, McWendy said:

What happened to nights? I no longer need any form of lightsource (this was on official) 

There are multiple settings for nights from what I know, and it's a server side setting.

Some servers have darker night and some have brighter nights, that's pretty much all to it.

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

Back on track; 

I like the helicopter sound crashing really adds to the experience. 

Was removed from the contaminated area upon login. If its your base i can get that its a bit frustrating. Maybe the dynamic toxic zones shouldnt last more then 15 mins. I mean its gas right? It blows away. Right now it lasts too long.

Maybe some NBC gear could be para dropped in near dynamic zones. Right now its too hard to come by.  Plus it makes sense if a government thinks survivors are still around. Doesn't have to be full suit. 

The stealth animation looks weird definitely needs more work! 

Food and drinks are fine as is, imo, time is accelerated, so should those. 

All in all its getting better. Now if only i could get my bow!! 

The gas only lasts 20 minutes as it is doesn't it?

The stealth thing really needs working on. It's far too clunky and too slow. Also, the infected victim should die silently too. His/her noises are a dead giveaway and eliminates much of the stealth aspect.

NBC gear has been tough to find alright. I have still yet to see any NBC gloves on the map I'm playing on (Zero Experimental) and it's making the experience more irritating than interesting. Plus I just know that I'll finally get the clown suit together and head down to one of the toxic zones and find bugger all.

1 hour ago, DefectiveWater said:

There are multiple settings for nights from what I know, and it's a server side setting.

Some servers have darker night and some have brighter nights, that's pretty much all to it.

The officials all have the same values. There is no difference between them. Afaik . All i do know right now its to bright. 

15 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

25 I was told were the timers set. I think its too long. 

15 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

The stealth thing really needs working on. It's far too clunky and too slow. Also, the infected victim should die silently too. His/her noises are a dead giveaway and eliminates much of the stealth aspect.

Yeah the sound making is really stupid. 

21 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

It was 25 at first. Now it's 35 minutes:

On 9/14/2021 at 1:07 PM, Kyiara said:

PC Experimental 1.14 Update 3: Version 1.14.154183 (Released on 14.09.2021)

• Slightly increased the lifetime of dynamic contaminated areas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Scoo1 said:

It was 25 at first. Now it's 35 minutes:

Right so. I thought it was 20. Either way I don't hang around for them and wouldn't even if it was 15.

5 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

Right so. I thought it was 20. Either way I don't hang around for them and wouldn't even if it was 15.

Wasnt the point. The point was for the owners of bases and their complaining that the dynamic zones mess with their bases that its Just temporarily. 

Its more acceptable if they couldnt reach their base for say 15 mins then if it was 35 minutes

Well, at least not every town get's hit by gas, so there's plenty of safe towns to build bases in.

I actually prefer that it's 35 minutes, could be even longer in my opinion, but only IF there's another artillery strike at the same town after like 20-25 minutes...

52 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Well, at least not every town get's hit by gas, so there's plenty of safe towns to build bases in.

I actually prefer that it's 35 minutes, could be even longer in my opinion, but only IF there's another artillery strike at the same town after like 20-25 minutes...

The strikes should hit every town. Weird it doesn't

Why would anyone build a base in a town?

You're just asking for it to be raided.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tonyeh said:

Well to be honest I have to disagree. I tend to find bases easier in woods.

4 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

This is an excellent question.  There are a few good reasons to build a base in a town.

Distraction.  Build an obvious base  that gives people something to break into. Meanwhile, you have better loot stored in a building that a car couldn't be in.  Raiders tend to pick targets that may have a car.  So you hold your good loot upstairs, behind 3 airlocks, in some inconspicuous building.  These bases will give raiders something to try to break into, meanwhile, your good loot is all in crates, in a pond half a kilometer away.  Bases in a city are easier to build than break in to.  Build a base with nothing in it and then sit in a  double red building and snipe them as they break into it.  Loads of fun, I'm sure you'll agree.

Security. You can build 3-4 airlocks in a single building. Raiders can't jump the fence into structures in a city.  There's no weakest link in the walls, either.

Cost.  When planned out, you can save so much time and effort when you don't have to build layers of fencing.  Lone wolves building huge mega-bases is a lot of work. 

Fun.  Creative base building is a real pastime.

The two biggest problems with base building in a city is being teleported out of one of your own one-way airlocks because of gas bombs and moreso, people logging in and being able to x-ray scan the entire city for crafted objects in the distance.  So again, this is the perfect opportunity and thread to suggest that some sort of flashbang effect is applied during logging back in.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

4 hours ago, Parazight said:

people logging in and being able to x-ray scan the entire city for crafted objects in the distance. 

Yeah this needs to be adressed...

Black screen until everything fully loads, and invisible player until everything fully loads.
Doesn't seem like a too hard of a fix if you ask me, but then again... im not a dev.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Yeah this needs to be adressed...

Black screen until everything fully loads, and invisible player until everything fully loads.
Doesn't seem like a too hard of a fix if you ask me, but then again... im not a dev.

You want to be blind in game while everyone and everything can attack you? I really don't.

The only solution here would is to delay your spawn until everything is loaded. 

But, my bet is that this will resolve itself by use of SSD.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

You want to be blind in game while everyone and everything can attack you? I really don't.

5 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Black screen and YOU and OTHERS invisible until everything fully loads.

Or just delay the spawn and keep the loading screen for longer just as you said.

Still happens with SSDs just for a brief moment, like less than half of a second.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, DefectiveWater said:

Still happens with SSDs just for a brief moment, like less than half of a second.

Sure, you can fix it for yourself, but it's other people that scan the area for your base.  We can't make other people get awesome SSDs.

• Beans 1

24 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Sure, you can fix it for yourself, but it's other people that scan the area for your base.  We can't make other people get awesome SSDs.

Never said an SSD was a fix, it was @William Sternritter that first suggested SSDs.

I was saying that it still happens no matter what currently. This issue needs to be tackled by BI, not by players.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 11:00 AM, William Sternritter said:

I didn't say how he did it and you know why big brain? Becase we don't know. It happened randomly, during a walk in the forest, and if I wasn't there to tell him, he'd never knew. 

You see bigger brain, this is what we call a bug, not an exploit. A bug that is also nearly impossible to replicate, because we have no clue what triggered the deformation of his character to the outside world, while from his perspective nothing changed. 

But of course if you undrestood from the sentence "he turned into Slimer" exactly what went wrong and why, your biggest brain is wasted in the forums. Please write to BI that you know how to fix the game once and for all. I'll send you a chocholate as personal gratitude.  

What are you even talking about? the Post I originally responded too, which i'm assuming you or your friend edited or removed stated clearly how to replicate the Exploit. Which im obviously not going to repeat, or bother to search out again. Why would I even care about someone talking about being a human meatball unless they also publicly stated how to replicate it?