Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.14 (Changelog)

I feel like all this discussion about silencers and gun durability would be solved if we just made guns much more durable, along with suppressors.
I always disliked that I can shoot only like 80 shots before my gun gets damaged or something... that's way too low if you ask me.

Am I not supposed to shoot the zeds in towns if I had plentiful ammo and guns for it? because to me it seems like it's that way so far, go through 2 or 3 towns... and your gun would get damaged or badly damaged really quickly if you shot every zombie

Maybe make it so sustained fire makes it damaged quicker than just one tapping occasionally? that seems like the best of both world if you ask me.

Edited by DefectiveWater
  • Like 4

Updates come, updates go... And the bug with the sound of doors in several buildings continues...

Updates vem, updates vão... E o bug do som das portas em diversos prédios continuam...

Airport Building Door - Faulty Sound - Troubleshooting - DayZ Forums

Edited by FabianoMartins
Complementing - Complementando

7 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

No. Not everyone is after VSS and SVAL. There are good weapons that you can get in civilian loot and more importantly the ammo for them. Not to mention that 9x39 isn't that good, so it is very much up for consideration if you want to be bound to military locations in order to feed it. 

Thus supressosrs need to be well balanced in order to be useful. Integrated supressor is a convenience, not the superior option.  

Agreed and the trouble it takes to go through finding a VSS or SVAL makes the whole thing just not worth the bother. I think I've found 1 or 2 since 2019.

My issue with suppressors, however, is not that they wear out, but that for some weird reason the devs have seen fit to make them now wear out noticeably faster, when in 1.12 they were perfectly fine and not something that was demanding to change. They were relatively durable while not built to last forever.

It's just another one of those changes that makes me wonder what the hell is going on at BI sometimes.

Whatever change in values the devs make (it being for the better or for worse, is HIGHLY subjective), it's still going to be a case of "damned if they do, damned if they don't". I think we've already seen enough times that finding balances is plenty hard. Average gamer isn't really willing to understand this, they just want what's good for them and disregard what others think.

Still, we can always try...

• Beans 1

8 minutes ago, Masgel said:

Whatever change in values the devs make (it being for the better or for worse, is HIGHLY subjective), it's still going to be a case of "damned if they do, damned if they don't". I think we've already seen enough times that finding balances is plenty hard. Average gamer isn't really willing to understand this, they just want what's good for them and disregard what others think.

Still, we can always try...

True. But I've never, ever, heard any player saying that the wanted the durability of suppressors reduced. Or the durability of knives or footwear either for that matter.

These are not things that the community are clamouring for.

As for balance, finding one is not just hard, it's impossible. But unnecessary tweaks don't make things any better.

• Beans 3

2 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

True. But I've never, ever, heard any player saying that the wanted the durability of suppressors reduced. Or the durability of knives or footwear either for that matter.

As for balance, finding one is not just hard, it's impossible. But unnecessary tweaks don't make things any better.

Well, in that case we can have everything that weathers be 10x more durable. I think there's already servers for people that cater to this.
In all seriousness, this sort of boost is gonna start hurting general gameplay balance in terms of the vanilla aspect. And as you already added, finding the perfect balance is nigh-on impossible.
lol but who cares about balance amirite ??

Absolutely nobody has called for making "everything that weathers be 10x more durable" either.

The case in point is that there was nothing wrong with the wear and tear of suppressors as it stood in 1.12. So the tweak to make them weaker was completely unnecessary.

• Beans 2

3 hours ago, FabianoMartins said:

Updates come, updates go... And the bug with the sound of doors in several buildings continues...

Updates vem, updates vão... E o bug do som das portas em diversos prédios continuam...

Airport Building Door - Faulty Sound - Troubleshooting - DayZ Forums

I'm pretty sure it happens in all the two story barracks too. Walk in through main entrance at front, turn left into corridor, last door on your left

48 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

The case in point is that there was nothing wrong with the wear and tear of suppressors as it stood in 1.12. So the tweak to make them weaker was completely unnecessary.

And I'd hate to think that the decision to make suppressors and weapons less durable was a simple of a decision as a random dice roll. Yesterday's comment by Impulz is so far the best of reasoning we have currently, not to mention the openness to further tweaks. Again, use of suppressors should be just a choice out of many other viable choices, not a rule of life. We're getting melee weapons capable of stealth kills (hopefully more variety rolls in with time) as well. So what's not to like?

The fact that they're less durable and unnecessarily so, when there was no problem with them in 1.12.

What's so hard to understand here?

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

The fact that they're less durable and unnecessarily so, when there was no problem with them in 1.12.

What's so hard to understand here?

Devs looked at the numbers and made a decision to change them.  So obviously somebody thought that there was a problem.

4 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

The durability of suppressors needed to be reduced from their state in 1.12.  Personally, I had an abundance of them on official servers.  They were all over the place.  In 1.13, you can find them on KA74s all the time.  Additionally, gun cleaning kits are all over the place.  Most definitely not impossible to find.  I'm honestly shocked that you're having so many issues finding loot.   Tweaks are necessary in order to achieve balance.  This is done by B.I. who have all of the metrics and data.

Not hard to understand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

The durability of suppressors needed to be reduced from their state in 1.12.  Personally, I had an abundance of them on official servers.  They were all over the place.  In 1.13, you can find them on KA74s all the time.  Additionally, gun cleaning kits are all over the place.  Most definitely not impossible to find.  I'm honestly shocked that you're having so many issues finding loot.   Tweaks are necessary in order to achieve balance.  This is done by B.I. who have all of the metrics and data.

Not hard to understand.

That's a number issue. Not a durability issue.

Not that hard to understand. 😉

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

I'm honestly shocked that you're having so many issues finding loot.  

You're saying that you have never had any issue finding some particular loot? In my experience if a server is high pop, there will be severe shortage of loot. I still regularly see oddities like a town full of repeaters. No ammo for them anywhere of course ...

• Beans 1

2 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

You're saying that you have never had any issue finding some particular loot? In my experience if a server is high pop, there will be severe shortage of loot. I still regularly see oddities like a town full of repeaters. No ammo for them anywhere of course ...

Exactly.

I've been, literally, days looking for NBC gear and haven't seen a single pair of NBC gloves....ever.

1 hour ago, William Sternritter said:

That’s correct. Loot is not a problem. I’m sorry to hear that you guys have trouble with pve. Tactics, knowledge, patience and experience are way more important.  A sks is all I need, but I upgrade when able. 

1 hour ago, Tonyeh said:

That's a number issue. Not a durability issue.

Not that hard to understand. 😉

okay then. You clearly don’t understand balancing at all. Or how to find loot. 

I think the time between the audible rad notification and the first sickness icon on the ui, needs a little fix.
20 sec, are pretty short to run out.

I test it on a static, but the random ones will prob. work on the same way.

13 hours ago, Parazight said:

okay then. You clearly don’t understand balancing at all. Or how to find loot. 

LOL

Sure. Thanks for your input. 😆

19 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

The fact that they're less durable and unnecessarily so

I feel like guns and suppressors aren't durable enough, but eh...

Gotta hoard all them gun cleaning kits.

On 9/20/2021 at 11:44 AM, ImpulZ said:

Could you specify which weapon you are referring to here?

Keep suppressor durability as it is, we needed a mod before to make them last a decent amount of time, you made the right call. Although i would agree with some on here that guns damage too quickly.

Edited by The Apocalex

20 hours ago, lemmac said:

I'm pretty sure it happens in all the two story barracks too. Walk in through main entrance at front, turn left into corridor, last door on your left

Yes.
After many hours of play I found several other houses with the same problem. A door opens and the sound comes from another door on the other side of the house. This gives the impression of other players arriving home.

Sim.

Depois de muitas horas de jogo descobri diversas outras casas com o mesmo problema. Abre uma porta e o som vem de outra porta do outro lado da casa. Isso dá a impressão de outro players chegando a casa.

54 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

I feel like guns and suppressors aren't durable enough, but eh...

Gotta hoard all them gun cleaning kits.

I normally run with a gun cleaning kit, but yeh guns take a silly amount of management...and I'm someone that will normally avoid PvP!

PC Experimental 1.14 Update 4: Version 1.14.154228 (Released on 23.09.2021)

GAME

FIXED

CHANGED

• Adjusted the inventory preview of deployed fish traps

MODDING

2 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

WTF would you write that here? no exploits in the forum, even a smooth brain can understand why

How is that an exploit? The person does not even know something is wrong. My friend turned into Slimer a few times but from his view everything was in order. 

52 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

How is that an exploit? The person does not even know something is wrong. My friend turned into Slimer a few times but from his view everything was in order. 

Amazing big brain response, further explaining the exploit. You are aware that any bug that can be replicated to garner an advantage in-game is called an exploit right & breaks the rules of the forum. Doesnt matter if your friend did it on purpose, you literally described how to replicate it for any other immoral dumbass out there to follow.