Kyiara

Stable Update 1.13

Having continuous issues with "player x ..  has been kicked by BattlEye: Client not responding"
Has something changed? they could connect to my server no problem before, now sporadic issues.

i keep on getting infected with something.

is it because i got hit by infected?  not even cut.

i cant work it out, 1 infected hit = death? 

?

On 7/13/2021 at 10:30 AM, Kyiara said:

Adjusted player damage zones, added shoulders and a small part of legs to the torso

I just saw a fully geared guy get shot in the outer edge of his shoulder one time and insta-die, it looked really silly. I always liked that players could tank a few shots if they were inaccurate (shoulders and legs).

If you just spray randomly at some guy you now have a high chance of landing deadly hits because of how big the torso hitbox is, taking less time to aim is encouraged and getting one-tapped by a sniper or random noob happens more often now.

I saw some players hold others up and shoot them in the edge of the shoulder to pressure them into giving out positions of their friends, *now* this would insta-kill the prisoner with most guns and baffle everyone involved. I heard the shoulders are some of the least life-threatening parts to be injured in, also that the hip/stomach area is not as vital as the chest area, but now its *all* the 1-hit kill zone.

PICTURE OF NEW HITBOX:

Edited by Homeschooliazon

For anyone having the problem "Your latency is too high" after the 1.13 update and never had it before, I made a ticket about it in the Feedback Tracker and in General Discussion. Here are the links.

https://feedback.bistudio.com/T159885

https://forums.dayz.com/topic/251151-your-latency-is-too-high/

Please leave a comment in case you have this issue, as even the smallest information will help the developers. I have seen it affects not only me, but a friend and several other people in the community servers I play. Thank you.

PC Update 1.13 Hotfix 2 Version1.13.154075  

CHANGED

• Reduced maximum attack range of infected by 20%
  • Adjusted attack ranges for various infected attacks
  • Beans 3

Looking forward to this update. 🧡

Servers have been down for a bit, back up soon?.... I play official vanilla. SY 1PP 🙂

A quick question for anyone else or for any of the devs is if this battle eye bug is going to be getting fixed in the next update? I believe it's only a small percent of people have this problem where we can't join any vanilla OR modded server at all, ever since they update it gives me the same 2 error messages, tells me the client isn't responding, or the connection to the host was lost. I've tried everything even reset my whole computer and it's for sure from the last update, i've never had stuff like this happen before and it sucks because i can't get into a server 90% of the time... Its a miracle if i do.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 7:51 PM, knooters said:

Infected should be a threat, but for the right reasons. 3m melee attacks is not the way to do it. Make them more attracted to gunshots instead. It makes no sense that the infected can hear you sneak in the grass, but give no response to gunshots a few hundred metres away. Aren't they supposed to care about that sort of stuff? They also de-aggro too quickly. They should be aggroed for a long time if someone fires a gun nearby.

This is exactly what I have been saying will make the game so much better. If the infected came running in packs every time you started popping off rounds you might think twice about sniping Beach bobs or having gun fights in cities. The infected should be serious threat in the ZOMBIE apocalypse! I feel this game was ment to be focused on survival and pvp players are forcing it into just another shooter game. I want it to where groups of people are pointing guns in stand offs because everyone knows that a single gunshot could kill them all. Watch ANY zombie movie, the sound of a gunshot can carry for miles its should draw dozens of infected. Yes you could still shoot eachother but now there are consequences to it.

• Thanks 1

Yo all. I have some question. Do i only one getting this weird shelter build bug? BC it's getting annoying.. I checked multiply servers(community and official) and the results is +- the same.
Here the video if it.
https://youtu.be/ixaCkS7QhhE

Edited by endreu

On 7/21/2021 at 6:25 PM, SovranMonk said:

Having continuous issues with "player x ..  has been kicked by BattlEye: Client not responding"
Has something changed? they could connect to my server no problem before, now sporadic issues.

I have also noticed this issue. has anyone been able to track the root of the issue. 

• Like 2

Update 1.13 Hotfix 3 Version1.13.154080

CHANGED

• It is no longer possible to query for the player list through Steam
  • Sad 1

On 7/21/2021 at 9:25 PM, SovranMonk said:

The 054080 hotfix doesn't seem to address it. I was just kicked for it on an official Livonia server.

4 hours ago, Kyiara said:

CHANGED

Does this also Mean the Players List in game on the Steam overlay will stop being used to meta-gaming/stream sniping and player camping?

It still shows current players ingame. It's more to do with e.g. BattelMetrics and so on

• Beans 1

7 hours ago, Kyiara said:

CHANGED

Incredible  😯
But then say it clear that you are working to ruin the game and favor the cheaters...   🤬

4 hours ago, Riddick_2K said:

Incredible  😯
But then say it clear that you are working to ruin the game and favor the cheaters...   🤬

You can still check players online on the server you're on (Steam overlay), this is only to block websites like Battlemetrics etcetera from tracking players. They had become a tool for streamsnipers and other stalkers plus were even trying to monetize the info.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Derleth said:

You can still check players online on the server you're on (Steam overlay), this is only to block websites like Battlemetrics etcetera from tracking players. They had become a tool for streamsnipers and other stalkers plus were even trying to monetize the info. 

Answer me this:

LINK

• Like 1

Answer me this:

LINK

Because stream sniping is the squeaky wheel.

There's already a cascade of critical issues regarding security and how it was implemented.  Removing the ability to query the player list through steam stops loud streamers who will actively, and noticeably, complain.  BI doesn't have active administrators on their servers, so cheaters will always exist.  This move is the most reasonable band-aid available.

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2021 at 7:57 AM, endreu said:

Yo all. I have some question. Do i only one getting this weird shelter build bug? BC it's getting annoying.. I checked multiply servers(community and official) and the results is +- the same.
Here the video if it.
https://youtu.be/ixaCkS7QhhE

I was getting this the other day  in the woods, in Chernarus, building a shelter w/sticks. 2 of us getting the same behavior. I relogged to get it working.

On 8/4/2021 at 10:12 AM, Parazight said:

Because stream sniping is the squeaky wheel.

There's already a cascade of critical issues regarding security and how it was implemented.  Removing the ability to query the player list through steam stops loud streamers who will actively, and noticeably, complain.  BI doesn't have active administrators on their servers, so cheaters will always exist.  This move is the most reasonable band-aid available.

Meh. what "cascade of critical issues regarding security and how it was implemented" issues? Security of your gamer tag? You know server owners have that plus your IP right? and the steam overlay shows who is online? goto https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers and start clicking on servers for various games.  Many, many games show the players online.  

This feature was included way back in a2:dayzmod and is in Arma3! It should be in dayzsa.  I'd bet a few streamers complained loudly and maybe someone yelled GDPR! (ugh) and BI just decided to remove it rather than defend it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, helpthedeadwalk said:

Meh. what ... issues? Security of your gamer tag?

Yea, Battlemetrics is great.  I've been using it for a long time.

The critical issues being hackers, server-side cars and lack of administration on official servers.  Those are the hard problems.  This recent change is easy to do and addresses streamer complaints, just like you said.

On 8/5/2021 at 5:22 PM, helpthedeadwalk said:

Meh. what "cascade of critical issues regarding security and how it was implemented" issues? Security of your gamer tag? You know server owners have that plus your IP right? and the steam overlay shows who is online? goto https://www.battlemetrics.com/servers and start clicking on servers for various games.  Many, many games show the players online.  

This feature was included way back in a2:dayzmod and is in Arma3! It should be in dayzsa.  I'd bet a few streamers complained loudly and maybe someone yelled GDPR! (ugh) and BI just decided to remove it rather than defend it.

Don't recall any streamers being loud about it actually, but there was a discussion about it on twitter and a few feedback tickets. The issue for me was how Battlemetrics went about trying to monetize the information. Then I do also think it is nobody's business but my own what servers I play on, how long and what times - all that is info Battlemetrics were selling. So good change in my book, although I reckon some huge monetised servers might be annoyed that they can't show how many big name streamers are on...

Also another factor is that if BM and others had been able to continue with this you can bet more sites doing it would have popped up, and all these sites pinging servers for player information would have become a significant net traffic hog. I don't think anybody wants laggy servers because a score websites are constantly pinging them for nonsense info.

The only relevant information about players on a server would be how many, and that is still available as far as I know.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Beans 1

I don't know what the problem really was, in my opinion it was NOT a "problem", on the contrary... it is the opposite (as already described in the other post that I linked above).
But... from what I read here...

A problem of "privacy" because (poor things) could he encourage "stalking" and "streamers sniping"?!?
1) "stalking"
What "stalking" in a map like Chernarus? It's not Battlefield. You could play for days and NEVER see any of the players in the game!
2) "streamers sniping"
Oh... On the "streamers" I had never really "gather my thoughts"... and for the eventual "monetization of Battlemetrics" I deepened the subject a little and I must say that it really pissed me off!
They are the "streamers" that should be prohibited and banned !!! People who make money by recording games without asking permission from any of the other participants? And here no one is shouting at the "privacy scandal"?!? These are parasites! Not those who give generic information on server attendance, which should be obligatory.
Then Battlemetrics did not charge for this information, but for the collection and statistics of the same, like any other company that does such services. No one was forced to "buy player stats", while with "streamers" you CANNOT refuse to be videotaped and sent live to "fatten these parasites": this is infamous!
This should be prohibited!
Here we are thinking just the opposite of how it should be!
I have the right to know BEFORE entering a server who is present and who is not. It should be a OBLIGATION to provide this information to ALL players... especially in a game full of cheaters where nothing is done or almost nothing is done to avoid it!
I should have the right to REFUSE to be videotaped (practically without my knowledge, too!) And broadcast to fatten up the "sly on duty", who as far as I'm concerned, if he needs money, should look for a "serious job", there is a great need for manpower in the tomato plantations in southern Italy! Don't exploit other unwitting players for this. It should be prohibited by law and, probably, depending on national legislation, it may already be... but no one has complained about it yet.
In Italy, for example, you can record the conversations you make even without notifying those present, but you must be present (you cannot "spy" others remotely) and you CANNOT disclose them in public without the consent of the interested parties: it is used for "defense in court" in case of legal problems.
I believe that for the registration of the games it should be the same thing: you can register your games, for personal archive or in case of "legal problems", hackers to report etc. But you should NOT disclose them in public if all interested parties (those who have been registered) have not given their consent to this. Even more "cowardly and infamous" if you make money with this business!
In my opinion it would already be prohibited by law, but no one has challenged it yet.
Is that unfortunately, for everything concerning the internet and information technology, there are enormous legal gaps even at European and / or world level. There is a lot of ignorance and indifference... and the big companies, or the "sly on duty" take advantage of it blissfully.
I hope that sooner or later, at least in Europe, someone will complain about the "right to their image" of online players and make a law to prohibit, or at least regulate, these "parasites" of online video games. They should be able to record and broadcast online ONLY if all attendees have been warned and given their clear consent!

I discovered a new category of heroes: the "stream snipers".

Edited by Riddick_2K

They are the "streamers" that should be prohibited and banned !!! People who make money by recording games without asking permission from any of the other participants? And here no one is shouting at the "privacy scandal"?!?

It should be prohibited by law and, probably, depending on national legislation, it may already be... but no one has complained about it yet.

You should get a friend and play some DayZ on Xbox.  Record it, then sue Microsoft for not telling you that there's streamers on the server.  

Streamers are just people, like everyone else.  They shouldn't be entitled, but sometimes they are.  It's hard to argue with that.  Streamers have a lot of influence because they attract viewers, which equals money for big business.

Even if we go with your idea of global, electronic policing, who/how would it be enforced?  Can you imagine the regulation and amount of money it would take to uphold laws and prosecute offenders on a global scale?  Right now, the USA is asking China not to hack them.