Kyiara

Stable Update 1.13

Devs should bring back speed penalties on slopes. Right now you can sprint up and down super steep slopes like its flat ground and it seems ridiculous. In alpha the penalty was too much on slight slopes so the penalty should adjust according to the slope. Steep slopes give a significant speed penalty whereas the not so steep slopes just a slight penalty. This also makes you have to plan your routes intelligently not just sprint up and down huge mountain sides like a madman.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

On 8/8/2021 at 1:37 PM, Derleth said:

Don't recall any streamers being loud about it actually, but there was a discussion about it on twitter and a few feedback tickets. The issue for me was how Battlemetrics went about trying to monetize the information. Then I do also think it is nobody's business but my own what servers I play on, how long and what times - all that is info Battlemetrics were selling. So good change in my book, although I reckon some huge monetised servers might be annoyed that they can't show how many big name streamers are on...

Also another factor is that if BM and others had been able to continue with this you can bet more sites doing it would have popped up, and all these sites pinging servers for player information would have become a significant net traffic hog. I don't think anybody wants laggy servers because a score websites are constantly pinging them for nonsense info.

The only relevant information about players on a server would be how many, and that is still available as far as I know.

very late to the reply, but not sure why you are picking on BattleMetrics. BM is just using a public API. Anyone could write a tool. This feature was there in a2 and dayzmod - take a look at gametracker and how it records player names + times. Your player name is NOT considered Personally Identifiable Information anyway since it can't be tied back to a person.

After this new update, our base on oficial server was all destroyed, with all our boxes in spiral format with nothin left. Its the second time after an update that it happens. Someone has experienced same thing?

2 hours ago, ziegler said:

After this new update, our base on oficial server was all destroyed, with all our boxes in spiral format with nothin left. Its the second time after an update that it happens. Someone has experienced same thing?

Yes, it's called a wipe and they do it with each major update.  No offense, but building a base on official is foolish.

Move to a good community server that preserves bases if you want one to last, but even then, sometimes wipes are inevitable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, drgullen said:

Yes, it's called a wipe and they do it with each major update.  No offense, but building a base on official is foolish.

Move to a good community server that preserves bases if you want one to last, but even then, sometimes wipes are inevitable.

Thanks for information dear friend. I think this is the better way to keep a base. Thanks again.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:03 PM, helpthedeadwalk said:

very late to the reply, but not sure why you are picking on BattleMetrics. BM is just using a public API. Anyone could write a tool. This feature was there in a2 and dayzmod - take a look at gametracker and how it records player names + times. Your player name is NOT considered Personally Identifiable Information anyway since it can't be tied back to a person.

Not really picking on Battlemetrics, just any tracking at all basically. Many community servers want your player name to match your discord name to facilitate admining, and even if that is not a factor you can be tracked if you don't change your player name every so often. Regardless, I see no reason for tracking sites to monitor player names/identities in any shape or form. Especially when it means constantly pinging servers for the info. Better then to simply block that whole side of it. As server owner I was starting to look into ways to block the queries myself, happy not to need to bother with that...

• Like 1

As a streamer im patiently waiting for precautions against stream-snipers - perma stashes for aproved streamers  with history of consistent streaming. Please make it playable for people like me.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, UncleRespect said:

As a streamer im patiently waiting for precautions against stream-snipers - perma stashes for aproved streamers  with history of consistent streaming. Please make it playable for people like me.

Please no special privileges for streamers.         

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

14 hours ago, UncleRespect said:

As a streamer im patiently waiting for precautions against stream-snipers

b2ap3_thumbnail_IDEA-Purchased-Fotolia_1

Here's an idea ... don't tell people on which server you are playing and don't use your streamer name as your STEAM name.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, UncleRespect said:

perma stashes for aproved streamers

No thank you.

Does it suck that you can't make stashes and not get them stream sniped? Yes it does.
But is it BS that NODODY would be able to dig out your stash? even the normal players that aren't stream sniping? Yes, it is BS.

What you need to do is find yourself a server with active admins that ban stream snipers and most of your worries should be gone.
You can also always turn off/hide the stream while you are hiding the loot for 5 minutes, and then resume once you are at a safe distant location from the stash.

On 9/1/2021 at 1:57 PM, UncleRespect said:

Hell no. If streamers get perma-stash then so does everyone else which is lame because then you have a perfect storage space that is impossible for others to access.

Sorry but being stream sniped comes with the territory of being a streamer and you have to accept this will happen when you are "famous" in DayZ and publicly broadcasting your location. No one is forcing you broadcast your stashes on live stream, that is your choice. If I told the public where my stashes were hidden they would be gone fast too.

• Like 1