Kyiara

Stable Update 1.13

Is it just me, or are gun shot sounds on PC version now broken?
I hear gunshots but it seems impossible to tell what direction they are coming from. They literally seem to be all around me.

I hear a gunshot and it appears to be in one direction, then i hear it again a few seconds later and it appears to be the other direction.

I seem to be constantly spinning around to try to fathom out where they are coming from.
Has anyone else noticed this on PC, or is it just me imagining things? Maybe problem with my audio for some reason, even though all my other games are fine.

Also zombies now seem to be able to hit me from several metres away when they are chasing me. Zombie is visibly at least 10ft away from me when i am being chased and using head-look, but it is hitting me even though it technically shouldn't be able to.

Edit - Not sure if it's to do with update or lag.

Edited by GeordieMarv

Also zombies now seem to be able to hit me from several metres away when they are chasing me. Zombie is visibly at least 10ft away from me when i am being chased and using head-look, but it is hitting me even though it technically shouldn't be able to.

the same for me

• Like 1

the fact that you can't / you are discouraged to go straight to military bases is

Literally my favorite part of the update

Edited by costavojik
  • Like 3

I haven't played 1.13 yet, but if it's true that "military zone rushing" is discourated, it's a good thing. Military, military, military and more military gets boring in the long run. Getting military gear shouldn't be a priority as a fresh spawn.

• Like 2

CHANGED

The FX-45 is now more durable, allowing more shots before getting damaged

Let's see what we have now...

200 shots from pristine to ruined (was 90 before).

Thanks for that. The FX-45 is now worth picking up again.

Infected have a melee range of 2-3m now with their bare hands. Heavy swings pushes them out of your melee range while they can still hit you. Direct fights with them feels like fighting with a cheater. You have to back stab or shot them now. In an open fight you are in a heavy disadventage.

Edited by Scoo1
additions

If you get into a fight with a zombie, you are doomed to die. They infect you very quickly.Depending on where you are, you now have to run to an ambulance station in the far away town, only to find out that there is simply no medicine.  I have now lost two game characters this way. In addition, the zombies now seem to have telescopic arms, as they are estimated to hit you from as far as 5 meters away. Even if you close a door before a zombies gets you when running into a house, he can still hit you.

For a long time I played the game with a GTX980 and it was playable just fine.The GTX980 I have replaced by a RX 6700 XT 12 GB, so that  even in the dark with flashlight easily 60 fps are kept.  Now since the 1.13 it totally stutters in Topolin. It was otherwise always smooth! And I only play with 1920x1200p resolution! Do you need two RX 6900 XT for Topolin now??? I installed the latest AMD driver 21.7.1 and I even get 500 gpu points more in Timespy with the new driver installed yesterday.  So the driver has been further optimized! 

Edited by Melone (DayZ)

Then maybe it's time to stop calling them "zombies" and to start calling them "infected". Fighting with a creature that is not afraid of dying should not be an easy thing to do. And the virus should spread quickly - that's precisely why infected won against every other faction in Chernorus. What we truly need are details. Protection levels, range issues (ping related), more animations [tripping for instance(so npcs will not always move perfectly)].

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 7/15/2021 at 3:18 PM, GeordieMarv said:

Is it just me, or are gun shot sounds on PC version now broken?
I hear gunshots but it seems impossible to tell what direction they are coming from. They literally seem to be all around me.

I hear a gunshot and it appears to be in one direction, then i hear it again a few seconds later and it appears to be the other direction.

I seem to be constantly spinning around to try to fathom out where they are coming from.
Has anyone else noticed this on PC, or is it just me imagining things? Maybe problem with my audio for some reason, even though all my other games are fine.

We also have this issue on Xbox. I'm using a Series X and the gunshot audio is completely broken. I thought that it's an Xbox only related issue because someone in the console section posted that he hasn't noticed any audio issues with his PS4 but if this issue also happens on PC I would assume that it also happens on Playstation and not only on Xbox...

Zombies hits me at back when i'm run, over 3 meters... 😞

when dig worms at bush, inventory bug

8 hours ago, SillyJoe said:

We also have this issue on Xbox. I'm using a Series X and the gunshot audio is completely broken. I thought that it's an Xbox only related issue because someone in the console section posted that he hasn't noticed any audio issues with his PS4 but if this issue also happens on PC I would assume that it also happens on Playstation and not only on Xbox...

I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem on PC, so i'm not sure if it's a problem that also exists for us PC users or if it's just an issue with my PC or even me somehow.

I haven't played the game since 1.10 and i know there has been a plethora of changes to gunshot sounds and how far they travel, so it might well just be the fact that i haven't got accustomed to all these changes yet.

No one else has mentioned this on PC version, so entirely possible it is just me. 

5 hours ago, ilyakochev said:

Zombies hits me at back when i'm run, over 3 meters... 😞

Its not a bug I think and hope, its intended. 

Pre 1.12,  zombis simply meant nothing, an hit on the head and they were done, even in pack.

1.12 made them maybe a little OP so people, or at least me, started to use the know technique to pack them behind a door more consistently. In fact in 1.12, that was my first way to deal with them if I werent able to avoid them...run around aggroing a pack of them to close behind a door.

Now this is little more difficult cause you cant run among them so easily anymore, or, at least, you will take some hit. So in 1.13, there are only three viable way to deal with them...avoid them, sneaking them with a knife, or shooting them with a silenced pistol.

That was their aim I want to suppose. 

Having the infected as a tougher opponent is good. Giving them the reach of Robert Wadlow is not.

• Haha 1

please leave the zombies like in version 1.11 which was already difficult. It doesn't make sense to leave zombies at this level if construction errors are still permanent, especially door and stair bugs

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, mtscal29 said:

please leave the zombies like in version 1.11 which was already difficult. It doesn't make sense to leave zombies at this level if construction errors are still permanent, especially door and stair bugs

They were way too easy before 1.12. you could easily take on 3/4 at a time. One shot them. 

Infected need to be a threat to be reckoned with. Just rushing through town should not be possible . 

It is still possible because you can still lock them up quite easy. So no they need to be even harder. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, GeordieMarv said:

I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem on PC, so i'm not sure if it's a problem that also exists for us PC users or if it's just an issue with my PC or even me somehow.

Well in this case it could be related to your PC/audio setup. I can only tell you that it's definitely an issue on Xbox. Idk about PC and PS4...

See: https://feedback.bistudio.com/T159644

Edited by SillyJoe

On 7/17/2021 at 4:40 AM, Scoo1 said:

Infected have a melee range of 2-3m now with their bare hands. Heavy swings pushes them out of your melee range while they can still hit you. Direct fights with them feels like fighting with a cheater. You have to back stab or shot them now. In an open fight you are in a heavy disadventage.

I don't think infected are too bad.  I'm really enjoying the fact that a player can block all of the attacks now.  Stamina is a much more important variable now.  You can use your stamina to carry things or save it to block attacks.  People forget (maybe) that all attacks can be blocked now.  

If anything, wound infection might need adjustment.  Maybe it should affect stamina or vision only.  Death after 40 minutes from an infected laceration doesn't seem authentic to me.

Blocking is one thing but what about situation where one infected alarms the other and so on? As soon as player stops blocking he is pummeled to the state of unconsciousness. Is there a way to move smoothly from defence to offence? Without being hit in the process? That's the problem.

"(...)Heavy swings pushes them out of your melee range while they can still hit you.(...)" - which should never happen. Survival needs a chance and not by calculating designed mistakes :).

Infected should be a threat, but for the right reasons. 3m melee attacks is not the way to do it. Make them more attracted to gunshots instead. It makes no sense that the infected can hear you sneak in the grass, but give no response to gunshots a few hundred metres away. Aren't they supposed to care about that sort of stuff? They also de-aggro too quickly. They should be aggroed for a long time if someone fires a gun nearby.

• Like 2

I found that if you do aggro infected whilst sneaking (not when they allready go for you but go Urgh?! and turn) and go prone you can still lose their interest. 

Will have to do some more tries but looks to be the case. 

The voice filter when talking with a motorbike helmet on, or mask or gag... is amazing. Is it posible to add another filter for the voice that is coming from a portable radio?

Sometimes it is confusing, not knowing if someone is in the radio or not. It would also sound very cool when talking through the radio.

12 hours ago, knooters said:

Infected should be a threat, but for the right reasons. 3m melee attacks is not the way to do it. Make them more attracted to gunshots instead. It makes no sense that the infected can hear you sneak in the grass, but give no response to gunshots a few hundred metres away. Aren't they supposed to care about that sort of stuff? They also de-aggro too quickly. They should be aggroed for a long time if someone fires a gun nearby.

Yeh. This annoys the hell out of me.

They should aggro like crazy at any gunshot within 200m and head straight to the git that fired the shot.

I don't know if this is only happening to me and if it is only in the community server where I usually play but I think that almost automatically that now you can duplicate in the game, it already happened to me 3 times and if it is not fixed this will get out of control more than normal xD
--------------------
No se si solo me este pasando a mi y si solo sea en el server de cominidad donde acostumbro a jugar pero creo que casi en automatico que ahora puedes duplicar en el juego, ya me paso 3 veces y si no se arregla esto se va a descontrolar mas de lo normal xD

220633734_1475475422794371_7560925124817

On 7/15/2021 at 1:01 PM, nemorus said:

"(...)Now it is simply impossible to go to a military base from the start of the game, because zombies will definitely kill you(...)"

And that's a good thing! Military installation isn't McDrive type of place you know? AI should be something more than just annoyance. It's a pure survival game, not a battle royale like PUBG.

100% mate im.loving the new infected changes. a real challenge now for all who play this game.