THEGordonFreeman

The Awesome Vehicle Thread

10 hours ago, McWendy said:

That is ridiculous..... 

Yea.  Good times for sure.  I wonder how many hidden stashes have been found because of that.

2 hours ago, Parazight said:

Yea.  Good times for sure.  I wonder how many hidden stashes have been found because of that.

So true! Guess nobody would do that on purpose to exploit a bug like that 😆

Thank God i never live long enough to build a stash 

• Like 1

Even the sound effects of the car are different for driver and passengers... the latter hearing what sounds like a nasty clapped out fanbelt and seized discs everywhere they are driven

• Like 1

9 hours ago, McWendy said:

So true! Guess nobody would do that on purpose to exploit a bug like that 😆

I guess you don't have to do that on purpose when it happens naturally, all the time.   >.<

The good news is that the server thinks you're sitting in the car and all is good.   Luckily, I've had zero deaths with putting the car in neutral, and then relogging when game turns into a subterranean trampoline simulator.

7 hours ago, lemmac said:

Even the sound effects of the car are different for driver and passengers... the latter hearing what sounds like a nasty clapped out fanbelt and seized discs everywhere they are driven

To me, it sounds like most of the vehicles have a pretty extreme knock to them.  Like a new car with almost no oil in it.

• Like 1

Maybe there is some method to this madness that we all have never thought of.... maybe, the devs just love to enact Karma onto the players.  Take this guy.... seems he just wants to run over a player, and of course, the INEVITABLE happens....

So these guys were just trying to follow WOBO's advice on getting a car unstuck.  Look at how ridiculous this is.  Does this really seem like an enjoyable player experience with vehicles?  Taking the doors, trunk and hood off, throwing them on the vehicle to get it unstuck?  What's so sad is that instead of building the car physic's correctly from the beginning, THIS IS WHAT PLAYER'S RESORT TO try and keep the game fluid for them.   It's a very sad commentary on the current state of vehicles.  Does it make any sense that a guy sitting in the vehicle gets knocked out several times basically sitting still?

This particular vid ain't valid. Most cars IRL would be stuck there as well. Some players think that cars should be gliding on every type of terrain and fast. Just look at that server - markers everywhere, tons of equipment on every player and they want this old volga to do miracles...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nemorus said:

This particular vid ain't valid. Most cars IRL would be stuck there as well. Some players think that cars should be gliding on every type of terrain and fast. Just look at that server - markers everywhere, tons of equipment on every player and they want this old volga to do miracles...

You missed the point entirely about this video.  Look what the players are doing to get the car out of a ditch that even a little girl's battery operated barbie jeep could get out of.   What they are doing is dumb as hell, and shows just how silly car physics are.  This has zero to do with server performance.  The implementation of the car physics is just crap.  Not to mention the fact the player gets knocked out when the car barely moves.  It's so dumb.

There's nothing miraculous about getting out of a ditch for a sedan like the Olga.  If the banks were steeper... maybe, but this is a great example of why DayZ's car physics are crap other than just the flying into the stratosphere.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman

"(...)There's nothing miraculous about getting out of a ditch for a sedan like the Olga.(...)" - i dare You to try right now. I want to see it as a fellow driver.

And these guys are doing that nonsense because it's possible. If the physics were real in this game, the vehicle would be staying in that ditch.

There's NOTHING real about the physics in this game including the bullets.  What in in the world are you talking about.  I guarantee someone could shoot some else in the head with an FNX45 pistol at 5 meters and they would be graveyard dead, yet in DayZ, it's survivable.   "If the physics were real in this game, the vehicle would be staying in that ditch."  And my point is the physics are not real and are not really designed to be.  But vehicle physics are even worse because of a bad decision by the development team... PERIOD.

Even if you couldn't get that Olga out of the ditch, I doubt very highly you would pass out as many times as that guy did while sitting still because someone through a door onto it.  I suppose that happens in real life as well.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman

39 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I guarantee someone could shoot some else in the head with an FNX45 pistol at 5 meters and they would be graveyard dead, yet in DayZ, it's survivable.

Show the evidence for that. Otherwise you are talking BS.

You seem so salty and persistent.

Have you played this game?   I'm actually not salty at all.  I have over 10,000 hours in this game and I run two servers and a gaming community founded around playing DayZ.  I want the game to get better, but I also want the developer to fix the BIG ISSUES.  And furthermore, I want prospective new players to know what they are getting into before purchasing the game. 

I said I guarantee it because I have witnessed it personally.  I don't talk shit or BS.  If you don't like what is said here feel free to put me on ignore.

2 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Off topic, but this is also a major problem on official....

This has been gamebreaking for over a year. Every half hour you can expect to get sniped through walls or any other unlikely sniping circumstance on 3pp pub. On 1pp pub you will have enough time to find good gear and THEN get instasniped but definetly BEFORE you ever get to do something fun with the gear.

BUT! I have been having no problems with cars for months and months now. They only act crazy on exaggeratedly laggy servers which can be avoided by not playing on really laggy servers (i almost exclusively play on public)

That video deserves awards as it is something I have been asking for a looong time as well.  What exactly is Battleye good for?  As prevalent as hackers are on official, one would think BI could get a handle on it.  But then one also thinks about dwindling sales and how banning hackers also means more copies are sold as the ban waves hit.  The problem with this game has always been ESP.  If ESP could be negated for those other than server admins, 90% of hacking/scripting would go away.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 6:07 PM, THEGordonFreeman said:

That video deserves awards as it is something I have been asking for a looong time as well.  What exactly is Battleye good for?  As prevalent as hackers are on official, one would think BI could get a handle on it. 

Well, BI isn't going to get a handle on hackers because they can't.  No one can.  Tencent, one of the biggest companies in China, who invested in B.I. isn't doing anything.  BattleEye definitely has a purpose.  It's the whipping boy.  At this point, it only functions as a mechanism to thwart accountability.   'Hey, we got this anti-cheat.  It's called BattleEye. Go talk to them if you got issues.'

There was an attempt at getting a handle on the cheaters.  That's where the idea of putting cars server-side was born, right?  Can I get a version of the game that just runs well on hardware that the average consumer would have?  Fighting cheaters is basically like trying to turn the ocean's tide, and if fighting hackers/cheaters is impossible then at least just optimize the code properly.   I just want to drive around on my LAN, I don't need built in anti-cheat.   And why even implement anti-cheat into your code if you just blame a worthless BattleEye anyway?  Baffling.

Yep, that just about covers the driving experience. Utterly ridiculous.

If only the Dayz developers had half the skills of the bedroom modding community we might actually have a fully realised and playable game...

3 hours ago, lemmac said:

If only the Dayz developers had half the skills of the bedroom modding community we might actually have a fully realised and playable game..

hahahaha keep believing that. modders didnt fix vehicles yet, did they? did they fix the handslot bug? i guess not.

modders are good for having new terrains like deerisle or namalsk. some modders will bring you traders and no stamina. great!

Really?

Note crashing the vehicles neither kills occupant or damages car beyond repair; not a broken radiator, dead sparkplug and ruined tyres to be seen. Obviously a bit OP but dayz devs would do well to make their vehicles more OP so that when the game inevitably hangs while driving them it isn't instant game over. AT least until they can guarantee that all vehicle crashes are down to player fault and not game bugs.

Vehicles can even hill start and show the semblance of proper driving physics. And so on...

Edited by lemmac
  • Like 1

disabling car damage is the fix for vehicles by modders? come on now!

i would agree that vehicles take too much damage with really slow speed, but thats about it.

also this is the apocalypse. the vehicles arent in a good condition as "new" cars. the truck only makes 42km/h for that reason. modding it to 100km/h isnt a fix also in my eyes.

some people like lambos and ferraris in the game, but i dont see its value in a game like dayz. rather play gta for that.

12 hours ago, lemmac said:

Obviously a bit OP but dayz devs would do well to make their vehicles more OP so that when the game inevitably hangs while driving them it isn't instant game over. AT least until they can guarantee that all vehicle crashes are down to player fault and not game bugs.

Pretty much this.  What we don't want is cars balanced as if they weren't broken.  Lets not fool ourselves, radiators should be indestructible.