THEGordonFreeman

The Awesome Vehicle Thread

What part of it is contentious?  It's universally accepted, except by you, who wishes to make absurd troll posts.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Buddy I been around the block so I know my stuff. Most people who know me rightly call me a veteran, which makes me an expert on cars in DayZ. In the apocalypse roads are bumpy so naturally cars are gonna wobble, they're gonna flip, they're gonna go places you didn't intend due to unsafe road conditions and damaged suspensions. Did you come to DayZ expecting GTA V? Gran Turismo? Mario Kart? Well you've come to the wrong place my friend. Welcome to the apocalypse, where cars don't work optimally.

Now I'll tell you the real reason that bikes and planes aren't in the game yet: the developers are taking their time for something bigger and better than you could ever imagine. A rushed product is an inferior one and B.I. makes sure to wait patiently until they've developed the perfect product. When they drop them soon in upcoming updates I can assure you will not be disappointed.

At this point you might ask if any of this stops me from getting in a car and driving twice the speed limit. And to that I answer absolutely not. I am a reckless driver in this apocalypse but I've learned how to handle the unique challenges that come with apocalyptic driving.

Not sure if trolling, but I still stand by this; getting really tired of every bug or shitty design or implementation in this game, being written off as a "feature not a bug" except now it's unironic which is absurd. 

Not going to get worked up though, since I've all but written off the game's devs as well as BI as a company, once Hicks left. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

This is a contentious issue which remains to be debated in this thread.

There's nothing contentious about why cars are server side.  The devs said why, TO FIGHT HACKERS because their sanity checks were a lie and Battleye doesn't work worth a shit in most cases.  it Hackers are still a problem on many high pop servers, thus the reason Anarchy is popular with his killing DayZ hacker videos.  Cars don't fly in reality.  And through no fault of your own, your car will eventually fly and you will die and lose your progression.  That is why I continue to bring this subject to light.  Wait patiently, you say?  Look at the date I joined vs you.  We have waited long enough for this issue to be resolved.  Like I said, my intent for this thread is to show new or potential new DayZ players how bad one of the major features of this game is broken and they can make an informed purchasing decision.

This is what server side cars gets you....

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

What part of it is contentious?  It's universally accepted, except by you, who wishes to make absurd troll posts.

These are some strong words and dare I say projection. One person's absurdity is another person's sanity. Keep in mind that something is not universal if it is not applicable in all cases, so you have logically contradicted yourself. This actually increases the statistical probability that your other statements are false. You have your opinion, I have mine. So lets be civil instead of calling names because you happen to disagree.

Edited by GamerWarrior2000
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

There's nothing contentious about why cars are server side.  The devs said why, TO FIGHT HACKERS because their sanity checks were a lie and Battleye doesn't work worth a shit in most cases.  it Hackers are still a problem on many high pop servers, thus the reason Anarchy is popular with his killing DayZ hacker videos.  Cars don't fly in reality.  And through no fault of your own, your car will eventually fly and you will die and lose your progression.  That is why I continue to bring this subject to light.  Wait patiently, you say?  Look at the date I joined vs you.  We have waited long enough for this issue to be resolved.  Like I said, my intent for this thread is to show new or potential new DayZ players how bad one of the major features of this game is broken and they can make an informed purchasing decision.

I mean if you look closely there is quite clearly a large pebble which caused the car to spin out. Watch as a dark spot on the road goes under the left front wheel. Unfortunately, during the apocalypse roads aren't maintained like modern race tracks. And guess what, thanks to spinning out he got some amazing footage and a great story to tell about his apocalyptic adventure. This is why DayZ is my favorite game.

I've gathered some undeniable evidence to support my case. Sometimes those rocks blend in pretty well with the road texture due to weather conditions. It can be quite easy to overlook details and mistake an intended apocalyptic mechanic for a "bug". I rest my case.
Oo7ue73.jpg

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

While true ... it pretty much only applies to garbage servers that use garbage hardware.

Edited by 'AZAZEL'
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

OT: And the console experience on DayZ is not exactly unicorns and rainbows....

Again, in this video we simply witness someone who was caught in the wrong place at the wrong time. Tragic? Yes. But not a bug. You can see he is in the middle of the road as a car drives straight into him, likely an intentional act by the driver. Sometimes you get so caught up trying to prove your narrative that you have difficulty seeing when the facts don't align with your message.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

*wall of text*

Lmao man, are you serious? Are you like legitimately serious?!?!

I think there's no reason to debate further with you.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, DefectiveWater said:

Lmao man, are you serious? Are you like legitimately serious?!?!

I think there's no reason to debate further with you.

And here I see you have no substantive counter-argument, just an emotional derailment of the topic at hand. I rest my case.

• Confused 1

Just now, GamerWarrior2000 said:

And here I see you have no substantive counter-argument, just an emotional derailment of the topic at hand. I rest my case.

Game has no pebbles on the road...
Please feel free to find one in the game and post hiqh quality screenshots that aren't a smudgy mess of textures on youtube videos.

Thank you in advance.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Game has no pebbles on the road...
Please feel free to find one in the game and post hiqh quality screenshots that aren't a smudgy mess of textures on youtube videos.

Thank you in advance.

Its just baked into the map itself. I provided photographic evidence which stands on its own. I see no need to tediously adventure across the map to take another screenshot of that location when I've already proven my point beyond reasonable doubt using OP's own source footage against his case. If that footage is inadmissible as evidence, then OP's own case goes right out the window.

Its just baked into the map itself. I provided photographic evidence which stands on its own.

That's just a road texture that's repeated every like 5-10 meters, there's no baked in pebbles... LOL... you have no clue what you are talking about.

Thank you for entertaining me in these times of boredom, but now I've got some other internet trolls to feed.

• Confused 1

That's just a road texture that's repeated every like 5-10 meters, there's no baked in pebbles... LOL... you have no clue what you are talking about.

Thank you for entertaining me in these times of boredom, but now I've got some other internet trolls to feed.

I see that due to limited programming experience that you have failed to distinguish between textures and meshes. It is quite clear that the surface elevation of the pebble casts a shadow.

• Confused 1

I see that due to limited programming experience that you have failed to distinguish between textures and meshes.

Mesh is just a grid like pattern that's made to represent a surface, it has vertices, edges and faces.

Texture is an image applied to said mesh to make it look like the desired object, in this example, a road.

• Thanks 1

Mesh is just a grid like pattern that's made to represent a surface, it has vertices, edges and faces.

Texture is an image applied to said mesh to make it look like the desired object, in this example, a road.

Thank you for proving my point for me. At this point my evidence speaks for itself. Be careful out there, fellow survivor. The roads can be quite treacherous in these trying times.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Thank you for proving my point for me. At this point my evidence speaks for itself. Be careful out there, fellow survivor. The roads can be quite treacherous in these trying times.

vuleJh5.png

Yep, all clearly caused by an invisible baked in pebble that's repeated every 5 meters because the same texture is applied throughout the map on every road every 5 meters.
Sounds much more convincing than thinking there might be a physics and network issue with the game that is known for having tons of sync issues and other plethora of issues. /s

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

Yep, all clearly caused by an invisible baked in pebble that's repeated every 5 meters because the same texture is applied throughout the map on every road every 5 meters.
Sounds much more convincing than thinking there might be a physics and network issue with the game that is known for having tons of sync issues and other plethora of issues. /s

Gamerwarrior is a troll.  And not even a good one.  Notice how he conveniently didn't mention anything about the flying cars or the car going underground earlier or hell, ANY of the many examples I have laid out here.  Best thing is to set him to ignore.

Edited by THEGordonFreeman
  • Confused 1

Just now, THEGordonFreeman said:

Gamerwarrior is a troll.  And not even a good one.

Yeah I realized that very early on, but I'm just that bored LOL

Anyway let's hope with the expansion of DayZ dev team, the game will have the cars fixed next year. Even though I'm not a fan of cars and I don't really care, there's a lot of folk that do care about it.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

vuleJh5.png

Thanks for pointing out this camera artifact so the devs can look into it. A key thing to understand is that in DayZ the player camera and the car physics work independently of one another. That should resolve any confusion you may be currently experiencing. Its understandable that you wouldn't know this because not everyone has my experience as to the complex inner workings of the DayZ game code. Rest assured that under the hood, there is a beautiful mess. Some may even go so far as to call it "art".

• Confused 1

I just starteda new survival/PvP Namalsk server, running an 8700K and 32 GB of memory and 1 TB NVME drive running Windows Server 2012.  We have about 7 people on the server now.  last night with 3 people on cars started bouncing.  Only 6 cars spawn on Namalsk... SIX.  Server has been up 4 days now.  Server is on a 100GB fiber connection in Kansas City, plugged straight into Google's backbone there.  I got a consistent 24 ms ping.  Cars and their physics are SCREWED.  End of discussion.

• Confused 1
  • Beans 1

4 minutes ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Some may even go so far as to call it "art".

I call anything you say as "fart".  Clearly, you are full of gas.  Taking my own advice and placing this gasbag on ignore.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I just starteda new survival/PvP Namalsk server, running an 8700K and 32 GB of memory and 1 TB NVME drive running Windows Server 2012.  We have about 7 people on the server now.  last night with 3 people on cars started bouncing.  Only 6 cars spawn on Namalsk... SIX.  Server has been up 4 days now.  Server is on a 100GB fiber connection in Kansas City, plugged straight into Google's backbone there.  I got a consistent 24 ms ping.  Cars and their physics are SCREWED.  End of discussion.

It is important to note that Namalsk is a mod, and the DayZ developers cannot guarantee a stable experience for modded servers. It is up to the server owners themselves to ensure that any added mods do not conflict or cause technical issues.

Most of your footage is very old and so the evidence has unfortunately expired. Since then the developers have worked hard and allocated so much time to improve cars as Impulz stated, so you can't compare the past to the present situation. Apples and oranges. In addition, most of that footage is modded and so the onus is on the server owner to install mods responsibly. I understand your frustration, but unfortunately the blame here does not fall on the developers who are working overtime to bring you a seamless vanilla experience.

4 minutes ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I call anything you say as "fart".  Clearly, you are full of gas.  Taking my own advice and placing this gasbag on ignore.

I see when you run out of arguments you resort to name calling. Lets keep this a civil discussion, please and thank you.

7 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

He's talking about 1.14. Haven't tried driving in 1.14 yet, so couldn't comment. 

@nemorus I take it all back. He's clearly an idiot. 

• Sad 1