THEGordonFreeman

The Awesome Vehicle Thread

On 8/11/2021 at 12:54 PM, THEGordonFreeman said:

Classic Desync.

At 24 seconds, the car hits a dip in the road while going 102 km/h.  I don't see the desync.  Working as intended.

On 8/13/2021 at 9:42 PM, Parazight said:

Working as intended.

Allow me to quote Parazight for this video.....

• Haha 2

This one is obvious. The dude is sick - the icon is visible. This is all just a hallucination of a sick man and nothing to worry about.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/13/2021 at 7:42 PM, Parazight said:

At 24 seconds, the car hits a dip in the road while going 102 km/h.  I don't see the desync.  Working as intended.

I was skeptical because the depression did not look too severe, but I tested and this one is correct, not a vehicle physics or server issue, if anything it's a map issue.

Depends on vehicle as well. Sedan will have problems every time but Gunter 2 is happy to fly over the same spot at 135 km/h with no issues. Different vehicle dimensions and suspension configuration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I like your third test where the vehicle does a gold-medal barrel roll and lands perfectly.   Maybe they should put a sign on the road. >.>

19 hours ago, -Gews- said:

I was skeptical because the depression did not look too severe, but I tested and this one is correct, not a vehicle physics or server issue, if anything it's a map issue.

Very likely a map issue.  How likely do you think it will get fixed?

4 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

It's not getting smoothed out. Wherever the road is steep or twisty the low resolution of the terrain grid makes itself obvious.

10 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Is it really an issue?  Maybe the solution is to drive slower.  I would never drive that fast, in real life, with my car.  

Edited by Parazight
  • Like 2

That is a fact - these are narrow old fashioned roads - basically for horse carriages and agricultural equipment. A bit of asphalt won't change them into freeways all of the sudden.

Well.... surely this is not supposed to happen driving slowly over railroad tracks.  As Biden says "C'mon man!"

I've encountered this one time on PC and thought it was a one off UNTIL I saw THIS video from a PS4 player.  Shooting invisible drivers does nothing....until they appear after getting out of the vehicle. I wonder how often this bug happens?

So yeah.... 1.14 has zero car fixes.  Is anybody surprised by this?  No?  Good.  Neither am I.  Let's enjoy just how wonderful these machines are currently and ask ourselves if it's within the realm of possibility BI will ever figure out how vehicles actually work....

• Sad 1

I'm delighted that cars are working so well in 1.14. Not sure what OP is whining for since the physics are superior to most modern racing games.

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

I'm delighted that cars are working so well in 1.14. Not sure what OP is whining for since the physics are superior to most modern racing games.

I have to agree, DayZ provides a better driving experience than most dedicated racing games. And since our survivors are not supposed to be expert drivers, sudden loss of control is actually quite authentic.

GIT2koC.gif

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

I have to agree, DayZ provides a better driving experience than most dedicated racing games. And since our survivors are not supposed to be expert drivers, sudden loss of control is actually quite authentic.

GIT2koC.gif

Yes most people don't get that the devs are going for the authentic apocalyptic driving experience and so their expectations are shattered when it doesn't drive like Forza Motorsport with full driving assists.

Changing ruined radiators at least once per road trip is required if you want the true apocalypse vibe.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Not sure what OP is whining for since the physics are superior to most modern racing games.

So many vids in this topic so why are you even asking? It's about certain mechanism. About flying, about digging into the ground or spinning like a ballerina. About things that cars usually won't do. In my years in this game vehicles were always problematic. Sure it's fun to drive them but "losing control" usually means that any interaction with vehicle - in specific situations - may end it all. Car's life, user's life - time and effort. It may be THE reason why bicycle, why dirtbike and why plane are not in the game right now.

Edited by nemorus
r in or because o wasn't enough
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nemorus said:

So many vids in this topic so why are you even asking? It's about certain mechanism. About flying, about digging into the ground or spinning like a ballerina. About things that cars usually won't do. In my years in this game vehicles were always problematic. Sure it's fun to drive them but "losing control" usually means that any interaction with vehicle - in specific situations - may end it all. Car's life, user's life - time and effort. It may be THE reason why bicycle, why dirtbike and why plane are not in the game right now.

He's talking about 1.14. Haven't tried driving in 1.14 yet, so couldn't comment. 

• Thanks 1

Then let's hope it works although changelog in experimental topic isn't very forthcoming about this one.

4 hours ago, nemorus said:

Buddy I been around the block so I know my stuff. Most people who know me rightly call me a veteran, which makes me an expert on cars in DayZ. In the apocalypse roads are bumpy so naturally cars are gonna wobble, they're gonna flip, they're gonna go places you didn't intend due to unsafe road conditions and damaged suspensions. Did you come to DayZ expecting GTA V? Gran Turismo? Mario Kart? Well you've come to the wrong place my friend. Welcome to the apocalypse, where cars don't work optimally.

Now I'll tell you the real reason that bikes and planes aren't in the game yet: the developers are taking their time for something bigger and better than you could ever imagine. A rushed product is an inferior one and B.I. makes sure to wait patiently until they've developed the perfect product. When they drop them soon in upcoming updates I can assure you will not be disappointed.

At this point you might ask if any of this stops me from getting in a car and driving twice the speed limit. And to that I answer absolutely not. I am a reckless driver in this apocalypse but I've learned how to handle the unique challenges that come with apocalyptic driving.

Edited by GamerWarrior2000
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, GamerWarrior2000 said:

Buddy I been around the block so I know my stuff. Most people who know me rightly call me a veteran, which makes me an expert on cars in DayZ. In the apocalypse roads are bumpy so naturally cars are gonna wobble, they're gonna flip, they're gonna go places you didn't intend due to unsafe road conditions and damaged suspensions. Did you come to DayZ expecting GTA V? Gran Turismo? Mario Kart? Well you've come to the wrong place my friend. Welcome to the apocalypse, where cars don't work optimally.

Now I'll tell you the real reason that bikes and planes aren't in the game yet: the developers are taking their time for something bigger and better than you could ever imagine. A rushed product is an inferior one and B.I. makes sure to wait patiently until they've developed the perfect product. When they drop them soon in upcoming updates I can assure you will not be disappointed.

At this point you might ask if any of this stops me from getting in a car and driving twice the speed limit. And to that I answer absolutely not. I am a reckless driver in this apocalypse but I've learned how to handle the unique challenges that come with apocalyptic driving.

Troll post 100%

They didn't implement cars server-side, which is the root cause of the issues, because they wanted an apocalyptic feel.  They did it to fight hackers, which is supposed to be BattleEye's job, right.  It's obvious you haven't studied any actual facts.  You're just making up facts.  You don't have the special inside information on bikes and planes.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, Parazight said:

Troll post 100%

They didn't implement cars server-side, which is the root cause of the issues, because they wanted an apocalyptic feel.  They did it to fight hackers, which is supposed to be BattleEye's job, right.  It's obvious you haven't studied any actual facts.  You're just making up facts.  You don't have the special inside information on bikes and planes.

This is a contentious issue which remains to be debated in this thread.