Ander (DayZ)

Out of bounds item/vehicles cleanup [2012-07-06]

Silly question.

but when you say respawn, do you mean, respawn in that fixed state for eg. ported from out of bounds back to X or Y. in the repaired/fueled state?

or

respawns completely in a state of disrepair needing work?

Great. Now it's possible to find helicopters from servers that have them on.

GL going to the islands and looking

I have a little question...

I made a camp, on a place(Im sorry, but I won't tell the exact location) that is nearby this "zone" you meant, but isn't inside of it, while with the map switched on, I can see myself and my fellow survivors marked on it.

But when it comes to internet maps, some of them don't show this zone Im in as part of the map, but it has vegetation(trees, animals, etc). Should I take all my stuff and vehicles outta there(if I still have time)? Or no need to worry about?

P.S.: Im no crazy to put a camp outside the map... 2 reasons: hard to find, even for me; and it's kinda frustrating to die by starvation before reach your camp and don't to get your stuff, since Im a lone wolf.

To all of those that seemingly have no idea of the map edge..really ? Cmon...

What do you mean "cmon"? Some of us have set up camps pretty deep into the wilderness and have yet to see a map boundary' date=' how would I know that exists out there (besides, perhaps, checking the in-game map, but can't do so right now)?

But I'm glad to know my tents are safe.

[/quote']

Are you blind or something? look at the picture again.

@NuclearBanane

When you're in such a big badass group, messing around with other new groups, where's the problem in just raiding NW airfield and such to get new gear (if you need something) instead of having a shitload of stuff hiding in an unintended area that you can go to, if your character just died? I don't get it. Is it fun to you and your 20+ group to just go to your hidden place in the middle of nowhere to gear up if you just fucked up and got killed? If yes, you're doing it wrong.

You all can carry a shitload of weapons, ammo, food and water and you can also boost a broken car in a second to drive around, WHY do you need to hoard your shit? I don't get it.

If you all die, go respawn and roam the cities to gear up. It's not hard to gear up, why hoarding everything?

And btw, calling you a legit player made me laugh hard. Get your facts straight of what legit playing is and also stop flaming other people in this forum.

/e

And oh noez, you're not willing to trade AK's and M16's for other players because of that change. That's sooooooo rude. How can you do that. :( Those newbies can't live without your epic knights and you. So mean.

The bodies that disappear after you think you kill them are just people that managed to alt+f4 before they died. That' date=' in my opinion, is the most game breaking issue. I don't really care if I hear some flies or whatever, but the alt+f4 thing is so obnoxious.

[/quote']

Not true at all. Bodies seem to despawn randomly whether or not they alt+f4. They die, I get the murder. I see their body on the ground, I run up to loo- andddddd it's gone.

Speaking of respawns, one of the most important things (in my opinion) is to add that damn confirmation screen upon hitting "Respawn"...

killed myself 3 times so far, it is rather annoying when you're in a group up north

Why are so many guys in here so butthurt about people having tent camps off map? There is no disadvantage at all for all you monkeys. Some people invest quite an amount of time to pickup those stuff and of course they want their time investment to be save. As long as there is no other ways to stash stuff other then tents and the map is as small as it is now, off-map camps are perfectly fine.

Most of the guys in here are prolly to lazy to work for their gear and as they can't have some nice replacements nobody else is allowed to have some at a save place. It is not like that those items are taken out of the game, they do respawn for others as well. So I actually don't get it why off-map camps shouldn't be allowed...

Why are so many guys in here so butthurt about people having tent camps off map? There is no disadvantage at all for all you monkeys. Some people invest quite an amount of time to pickup those stuff and of course they want their time investment to be save. As long as there is no other ways to stash stuff other then tents and the map is as small as it is now' date=' off-map camps are perfectly fine.

Most of the guys in here are prolly to lazy to work for their gear and as they can't have some nice replacements nobody else is allowed to have some at a save place. It is not like that those items are taken out of the game, they do respawn for others as well. So I actually don't get it why off-map camps shouldn't be allowed...

[/quote']

My Butthurt sense is tingling.

Vehicles don't respawn if you take them off the map (currently that is).

Speaking of respawns' date=' one of the most important things (in my opinion) is to add that damn confirmation screen upon hitting "Respawn"...

killed myself 3 times so far, it is rather annoying when you're in a group up north

[/quote']

One of the most impotant things lol?

Think there more game breaking bugs that need attention before this.

No offence.....

Why are so many guys in here so butthurt about people having tent camps off map? There is no disadvantage at all for all you monkeys. Some people invest quite an amount of time to pickup those stuff and of course they want their time investment to be save. As long as there is no other ways to stash stuff other then tents and the map is as small as it is now' date=' off-map camps are perfectly fine.

[/quote']

I didn't refer to vehicles in my post. As they are only available in very small numbers atm it is perfectly fine if they get wiped.

AAWWWW YEEEAAAAAHH!!

Servers the hoarders right, I've yet to find a single multiseat vehicle inside game boundaries, only bicycles and tractors everywhere :P

Thanks god! But!

"Vehicles that remain unused for a short period of time (<=24h) outside map boundary now respawns inside map boundary."

What do you mean with " respawns inside map boundary" ? Do they respawn to the closest location inside the map boundary OR on their original spawn locations ? I prefer the latest.

ps. now only please fix the disappearing bodies that fade away after couple of second when someone dies and the dead body sound without any bodies

at their original chance based spawn points.

Read the whole sentence please -_-

[/quote']

Because I'd rather have people find a hiding place for their camp instead of random distance and direction from some landmark like NE airfield.

Yes, this increases the chances of someone finding the camp drastically. But whats the point of 100% safe camp? Should we remove zombies and pvp too so you don't accidentally die and lose the gear you have on your character?

Thanks god! But!

"Vehicles that remain unused for a short period of time (<=24h) outside map boundary now respawns inside map boundary."

What do you mean with " respawns inside map boundary" ? Do they respawn to the closest location inside the map boundary OR on their original spawn locations ? I prefer the latest.

ps. now only please fix the disappearing bodies that fade away after couple of second when someone dies and the dead body sound without any bodies

at their original chance based spawn points.

Read the whole sentence please -_-

Anders edited that part in AFTER the question was made.

Read his post please :P

Vehicles that remain unused for a short period of time (<=24h)

24h is the exact timer? Or is it some secret 0-24h timer?

Can someone continue to exploit by re-saving the car every 24hours?

[/quote']

I didn't refer to vehicles in my post. As they are only available in very small numbers atm it is perfectly fine if they get wiped.

What good is a camp 5-10kms outside the map where noone will find it without vehicles?

Do you always walk there and back for over 2 hours?

Vehicles that remain unused for a short period of time (<=24h) outside map boundary now respawns inside map boundary at their original chance based spawn points.

Also a quick 24h notice. If you have tents hidden outside of map in the green acres- be sure to pickup your gear now as those tents will now be swept away by the strong winds of those wide plains.

(NON RP reason: no you shouldnt be building bases hidden outside of map boundaries' date=' tents and items outside of map boundary will now be removed on regular basis.)

[/quote']

Best. News. Ever!

I have a complain about the re-spawn of destroyed vehicles. Why do they restore at the same place they got blown up?

It seems logical to make them spawn at a random spawn-point just like the off-map ones.

tents and items outside of map boundary will now be removed on regular basis.

\o/

now the carebears have to clutter the border even more. easy equip for free, i like :D

[/quote']

Because I'd rather have people find a hiding place for their camp instead of random distance and direction from some landmark like NE airfield.

Yes, this increases the chances of someone finding the camp drastically. But whats the point of 100% safe camp? Should we remove zombies and pvp too so you don't accidentally die and lose the gear you have on your character?

Where did anybody say we should remove zombies and pvp? And if I die I still loose my gear. And what's the point of not having a save camp? You die, you lose your gear but then someone with a nice stash has some gear back faster, because he worked for it in advance. Basically you don't have any arguments against off-map camps in addition to your feelings what should be right and what not. And then you are pulling this zombie and pvp BS.

Isn't this a sandbox game? Where everybody is free to do what they want to do. There is not one right way how this should be played. If some guys like to collect stuff, fine - if some guys like to fight in cherno/elektro, fine - if some guys want to survive with a knife, matches, a hatchet and a canteen, fine.

What do you care how others play this game?

[/quote']

What good is a camp 5-10kms outside the map where noone will find it without vehicles?

Do you always walk there and back for over 2 hours?

No our camps are very close to the map edge. And why do you care about the good or bad of having a camp 5-10kms off map and walking there for 2 hours. Maybe some people just like to walk ingame idk and I don't really care, if a camp off-map even 20km makes them happy so let them have it. What harm are you talking form such camps? And Why should it be easy for others to find such camps?

The game mechanics right now don't allow for real hidden camps. Tents can only be placed in certain spots and they are visible from very far away. Maybe just imagine off-map tents as underground stashes or something like that. And off-map camps can still be found, you are just too lazy to do it.

Isn't this a sandbox game? Where everybody is free to do what they want to do. There is not one right way how this should be played. If some guys like to collect stuff' date=' fine - if some guys like to fight in cherno/elektro, fine - if some guys want to survive with a knife, matches, a hatchet and a canteen, fine.

What do you care how others play this game?

[/quote']

If everyone is free to do what they want then are you fine with hackers coming on to your server and nuking the map killing you and destroying all your gear? They're just playing the game how they want.

There's freedom, but there have to be some boundaries.

• Like 1

No our camps are very close to the map edge. And why do you care about the good or bad of having a camp 5-10kms off map and walking there for 2 hours. Maybe some people just like to walk ingame idk and I don't really care' date=' if a camp off-map even 20km makes them happy so let them have it. What harm are you talking form such camps?

[/quote']

Easy Answer

( no you shouldnt be building bases hidden outside of map boundaries' date=' tents and items outside of map boundary will now be removed on regular basis.)

[/quote']

At the end of the day guys its an exploit because your hiding stuff where it shouldn't be, don't argue semantics that its possible so its valid, i couldn't care less

As Ander clearly states you should not be doing it ... no ambiguity there.

Eventually they will make a map so that it cant be done and you only got yourself to blame.

I have a complain about the re-spawn of destroyed vehicles. Why do they restore at the same place they got blown up?

It seems logical to make them spawn at a random spawn-point just like the off-map ones.

I agree.

Basically means if you screw up with a vehicle you still have a 90% chance of keeping said vehicle if you can be around the same spot when the server restarts. considering many people who have vehicles have them on their regular servers they are well aware of server restart times. this gives a unwarrented advantage to the previous vehicle owner. I mean he got his vehicle destroyed why should he have dibbs on getting it back !

don't overlook the fact the method above gives server admin+clans a way to retrieve every vehicle they ever loose considering they can restart when ever is convenient. while some won't because - it's cheap, many will and already do .

I for one am hoping vehicles in Dayz will be an area given attention soon. I personally would love to see many more vehicles per server as they add an interesting dynamic to any situation. They draw a crowd typically and the only other way of drawing a crowd is the sound of gunshots :/

I aint interested in combat vehicles just more modes of transport to make things more dynamic.

off map camp removal/prevention is long overdue. anyone trying to argue otherwise is simply buthurt at having to use camps within the boundary with a higher chance of getting compromised. it's out of bounds. your talking hours and days of walking to locate these camps, not to mention the glitchy way tents behave off map. (see invisble tents unless you scope in) making for invisible camps, Love the post further up by someone trying to justify putting the camps off map because the map is so small.