Ander (DayZ)

Out of bounds item/vehicles cleanup [2012-07-06]

Vehicles that remain unused for a short period of time (

Also a quick 24h notice. If you have tents hidden outside of map in the green acres- be sure to pickup your gear now as those tents will now be swept away by the strong winds of those wide plains.

(NON RP reason: no you shouldnt be building bases hidden outside of map boundaries, tents and items outside of map boundary will now be removed on regular basis.)

• Like 30

thank you , sick of people thinking its part of the game to place things out of bounds.

Thanks god! But!

"Vehicles that remain unused for a short period of time (<=24h) outside map boundary now respawns inside map boundary."

What do you mean with " respawns inside map boundary" ? Do they respawn to the closest location inside the map boundary OR on their original spawn locations ? I prefer the latest.

ps. now only please fix the disappearing bodies that fade away after couple of second when someone dies and the dead body sound without any bodies

good work, should stop people hiding EVERYTHING out of reach of other players!

Thanks god! But!

"Vehicles that remain unused for a short period of time (

What do you mean with " respawns inside map boundary" ? Do they respawn to the closest location inside the map boundary OR on their original spawn locations ? I prefer the latest.

ps. now only please fix the disappearing bodies that fade away after couple of second when someone dies and the dead body sound without any bodies

Clarified (edited) my original post.

It's at the chance based spawn points.

yea thats awesome XD but also just to clarify "respawn" as in start fresh, will need repairing, or will spawn back where it was fixed with all the items it had when it was out of bounds, seems a silly question maybe but im curious :D

WOW thanks!!! But it will be still hard to find the vehicles that are near the boundaries. But still better then nothing!

Could you please tell us if you are looking into fixing the disappearing bodies and the dead body sound ? Those are the most annoying and game breaking things. Especially the disappearing bodies with all their loot within seconds after the player dies. I dont want the ETA etc, just say if you are consider it a problem and whether you thinking to fixing it some day ?

Now you need to fix the spawns so the clans that are stacking can't just lock their servers to "TEST" until they recover all their precious vehicles...

Make them cry.

• Like 1

Sanity at last.

I don't blame a single person for using off map to store stuff when the game let you do it. But this is good for the game and long overdue.

Thumbs up.

Is 003050 outside of the map boundary? (first set of numbers are top/bottom of the map coordinates) Our group has a fair amount of tents there.

nice to know I can play in a server knowing some clan doesn't have half the vehicles in a secluded outpost a lightyear away from the edge of the map.

Thank you Ander!! It was only today i made a post asking for something like this :D your a star !

Excellent.

As someone who's only found a bike and a PBx, this will be fun.

• Like 2

why wait 24hrs?

people know its an exploit, just give an error msg when they go to save it there and make them move it or lose it.

Anyone can easily log in and and drive the vehicle 20m to prevent this.

Is 003050 outside of the map boundary? (first set of numbers are top/bottom of the map coordinates) Our group has a fair amount of tents there.

It depends... what server are we talking about.. hehehe

Yes! Finaly! Do it

Map boundary IS clearly visible as a vegetation line, so no excuses

why wait 24hrs?

people know its an exploit' date=' just give an error msg when they go to save it there and make them move it or lose it.

Anyone can easily log in and and drive the vehicle 20m to prevent this.

[/quote']

I know how you feel, but regarding tents that's a bit harsh.

It's not as these groups were puting stuff of map out of reach just to be dicks and grief people.

They did it because everyone and his dog were doing it and no one with any authority ever clearly said this was not on.

The people who put stuff of map knew their days were numbered (no pun intended) and they know it's not proper gameplay. Which is why you don't see them all whining about it now.

Give them the chance to relocate... Then we can raid them like a swarm of hungry locusts :)

- 24h to relocate camp tents etc.

- Vehicles that werent used for 1 day have already been reset.