Ander (DayZ)

Out of bounds item/vehicles cleanup [2012-07-06]

As someone who's only found a bike and a PBx' date=' this will be fun.

[/quote']

Hey I found a p90x and damnnn I was buff after 6 weeks

give us a bigger map!

we hide stuff out there because we have out grown 16 x 16.

We need more room to breath!

We can't leave our camps without losing it all to ESP hackers.

I know you have a small dev team but I'm sure some of the community modders would be happy to let you use theirs...

Its tiring to have to deal with hackers, randoms and other groups but now we need to deal with the dev sending us back to the coast. Its annoying that us legit players get messed with because someone is abusing it.

Take down the heli crash spawn map and other things which you ask people not to do if you're going to restrict us to such as small map.

There is no safe place to setup camp any more.

Why bother playing in groups if the devs just keep sending us back to cherno to fight all the CoD kids?

We are the community but obviously the players aren't being heard because they are to busy playing.

Just my 2 sense. Might stop playing since I can't get a break.

~Nuke

I personally think ALL vehicles should have a despawn timer or can only be repaired xxx amount of times. This is true to real life and would make it pointless for admin abuse to raid their own servers for vehicles.

wish battleye would ban players using that espn hack[shows tents/vehicles on ingame map] before they did this

give us a bigger map!

I know you have a small dev team but I'm sure some of the community modders would be happy to let you use theirs...

Its tiring to have to deal with hackers' date=' randoms and other groups but now we need to deal with the dev sending us back to the coast. Its annoying that us legit players get messed with because someone is abusing it.

Take down the heli crash spawn map and other things which you ask people not to do if you're going to restrict us to such as small map.

[/quote']

im not criticizing or trying to evoke an argument, but i think a 225 km map should be enough space to find at least one place to set up a camp.

Guess now it's not about hiding camps it's defending them. If you don't have the muscle to defend your camp imo you have no business having one in the first place.

Yes groups may have to get larger and cover all timezones. Player groups in other persistant games manage 24 hour defence very well indeed. But only the strong ones survive. The week get kicked out.

With limited people on a server at one time this will be a challenge. Not saying it will be easy but no one can defend having a map play area in game and then that map has no boundary. Removing items from a sandbox which is in effect what happens is not good.

Things are gonna get interesting.

Adapt or die... It's the Apocalypse.

• Like 1

give us a bigger map!

Its tiring to have to deal with hackers' date=' randoms and other groups but now we need to deal with the dev sending us back to the coast. Its annoying that us legit players get messed with because someone is abusing it.

Why bother playing in groups if the devs just keep sending us back to cherno to fight all the CoD kids?

We are the community but obviously the players aren't being heard because they are to busy playing.

~Nuke

[/quote']

At which point did you actually think going out of map boundaries is legit? Question to you and all other exploiters.

• Like 2

Can we get some clarifications on the actual map size? If you open up the map in-game it is giant. However, much of this area doesn't spawn trees and past that doesn't even have grass. However, if you open up the maps on the internet, such as the spawn locations, you see a much small map about 1/4 the size. Is this the map we're limited to? Does this mean we can't have bases at Pobeda dam or Grozovy pass?

Can we get some clarifications on the actual map size? If you open up the map in-game it is giant. However' date=' much of this area doesn't spawn trees and past that doesn't even have grass. However, if you open up the maps on the internet, such as the spawn locations, you see a much small map about 1/4 the size. Is this the map we're limited to? Does this mean we can't have bases at Pobeda dam or Grozovy pass?

[/quote']

map starts at 000,000 everything east and south of that point is fair game.

so if your camp location has 9xx in any of the coordinates then its off the map

Map boundary line is clearly visible. Once you see it you will know it for good.

Can we get some clarifications on the actual map size? If you open up the map in-game it is giant. However' date=' much of this area doesn't spawn trees and past that doesn't even have grass. However, if you open up the maps on the internet, such as the spawn locations, you see a much small map about 1/4 the size. Is this the map we're limited to? Does this mean we can't have bases at Pobeda dam or Grozovy pass?

[/quote']

map starts at 000,000 everything east and south of that point is fair game.

so if your camp location has 9xx in any of the coordinates then its off the map

Just had a vision of groups trying to work out how to place all their vehicles on a boat and log out at sea 70 k south lol

High speed run of one of the harbour walls maybe.

Ugh. to start with, posts like NuclearBanane's post makes me want to rage..

I would like it if the Dayz map was a bit bigger too, but at the risk of sounding like a troll, I have to say that the way some of the people on this forum tend to approach issues, is retarded.

Reading the thread from start to finish is like watching a perfectly normal society descend into chaos.. it's cool, but not cool enough.

Anyway, to the op/dev.. thank you for fixing the issue of hoarding assests outside the map. As for making the map bigger, I agree. While the map is big enough for the majority of the community, there are times when it would be nice to have something like the debug forest to just make a basecamp and chill..

How about adding to the map? Is that possible?

I mean we already used to spawn outside of the current boundries before it was fixed, so it's obviously possible within the confines of the engine.. why not just add some miltary tents and crap outside the current boundries of Charnarus and call it the "outskirts" or wilderness or whatever?

Also, wh1t3y brought up a good point which wasn't addressed.. "..just to clarify "respawn" as in start fresh, will need repairing, or will spawn back where it was fixed with all the items it had when it was out of bounds, seems a silly question maybe but im curious"

I'm curious too.. I'm sure they would need repairing based on my knowledge of game engines, but it would kind of be cool if it was the other way. I know in the old sp mod for this mod, it wasn't possible to spawn a fully fixed vehicle, but how is it handled in this case?

Anyway, awesome fix and great timing.. but is it final, or will we eventually be linked to other maps as mentioned in the pcg review.. cuz that would be amaaaaazing! :)

About bloody time. Thanks Ander!!

@Nuke

You say why bash legit players. Parking off the map has never been legit. It's been a cheap way to hoard stuff for the select few. Camps aren't meant to be entirely safe havens either (currently) So as posted before, protect it or perhaps lose it. It's all part of the game. My friends and I have had a few vehicles, ATV's, Scooby Van and a few buses, Not once have we ditched them off the map, we used them. Daily. Had the buses for a long time, until a server ate them, or they were both stolen in a 10 minute time frame (possible!) but that's all part of the game. In DayZ's current form, we aren't meant to be able to stockpile a mass of weapons, vehicles. Nor should we, without fear of waking up to it all being scooped.

Welcome to the "real" game, all you off map campers ;)

@Dev team

Is it possible to have the HIVE detect a passworded server and just refuse to save? This would stop all the clans "TESTING" their servers while they re-acquire their vehicles they just lost and setting up a new camp.

• Like 1

Frankly anyone with stuff off map doesn't deserve their stuff.

Nuke it all now.

In fact Id like to see a radiation barrier around the edge of the map.

You get too close you get blood loss and eventually die unless you get back on map.

"give us a bigger map!

We can't leave our camps without losing it all to ESP hackers."

Its tiring to have to deal with hackers' date=' randoms and other groups but now we need to deal with the dev sending US back to the coast. Its annoying that us legit players get messed with because someone is abusing it.

~Nuke

Umm, it kinda sounds like he DOES do all of the above. Unless he's protesting heavily for the poor off grid campers and their lost camps.

Which it's blatantly obvious he's not. Unless the poor chap has the wrong end of the stick. Which could be the case, but if this is so. Tell your friend, Nuke. These changes will not affect him in any way, shape or form. Just the people who are in fact storing else where besides the boundaries.

And to not stop playing, don't give up the good fight! Find those beans.

Lets say, for example, that I had my base set up in the very northwest corner of the map (HYPOTHETICALLY), under a tree that is on the edge of the plains (i.e. as close to the plains as possible, while still being at a tree), will that still be safe?

(NON RP reason: no you shouldnt be building bases hidden outside of map boundaries' date=' tents and items outside of map boundary will now be removed on regular basis.)

[/quote']

Thank You! I might have a chance at finding a vehicle for once now. Also to keep people from doing this, your regular basis vehicle cleanups should be with no 24hr warnings.

• Like 1

Wow, great job guys :)

Btw, what exactly is the green acres?

While I agree we should get rid of the out of bounds shit, I think first your priority should be to remove the damn hacks.

If it weren't for the ESP hacks, we wouldn't have to go hide outside of the "boundary" would we?

No offense what so ever, but I think you guys have your priorities mixed. Get rid of the hacking, then get rid of the tents/vehicles outside.

Without the ESP hack, people don't have to go through great lengths to hide shit outside the map.

lol everyone is ignoring the ESP Hacking

can i have 2 bucks?

No, no one is ignoring the "ESP" hacks. But what's that got to do with your buddy storing stuff off map? Guess you're just breezing over that one.

As I said previously, welcome to the same game that everyone else who stays within the boundaries is playing. We have to deal with the same hackers finding tents etc as you do. Look at it this way, The more people in "bounds" the less chance it's YOUR tent so this is a good thing, for the legit people! :D

Hacks are a real pain in the arse, but we know the team are working hard to keep the servers up and the hacks to a minimum. Although with the mod being in alpha, I'm sure they have priorities else where, which is how it should be.

We'll see a decrease in this, with time. So be patient, and just live by your signature motto if all else fails. Just enjoy your game!