Kyiara

Experimental Update 1.12 (Changelog)

poor wobo, makes a video on armor and 1 day later they change shotgun pellets, shock damage and armors

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, lobart78 said:

Can you tell me 1 server that is as performant as the official one and has no mods, active admins and you can choose 1 or 3pp and is in/close middle europe?

Spaggies servers come to mind. Not sure about 3pp tho, i never play those 

1 minute ago, fl1y said:

They are much less performant as the official one, i tried it. But thanks for suggestion. They are none so Im forced to play on official servers and you get killed by a hacker there all the time. There are no kill cams and no way of report and get your loot back. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fl1y said:

I never had (as of late) good performance on Spaggies servers, I don't know why.
70 ping feels like 250 ping, and official with 70 ping feels like 70 (as it should be).

2 hours ago, lobart78 said:

They are much less performant as the official one, i tried it. But thanks for suggestion. They are none so Im forced to play on official servers and you get killed by a hacker there all the time. There are no kill cams and no way of report and get your loot back. 

Agreed, I just don't get why they aren't running as well as they should. Maybe it's a distance thing, IDK, I'm from slightly central southeast part of europe.
(my experience is based on at least a month or two old experience, maybe they fixed it, idk)

I'm waiting for KarmaKrew Chernarus to come back again (it ran amazingly well when I tried it for only one night, then they closed it), it's slightly dialed down vanilla survival, but offers more variety in terms of clothes and guns that aren't OP and don't break the game.

EDIT: anyway, that's kinda off topic.

ONTOPIC:
I'm really interested in these new changes, but I feel like it won't still be enough if AKM or SKS can one shot from a short distance. They should uncon unarmored players, but not kill them in one shot. I will have to wait for somebody to bring out the numbers, because I don't know where to pull them from or how to calculate damage.

Edited by DefectiveWater

1 minute ago, lobart78 said:

you get killed by a hacker there all the time

Honestly i think it is more of a "mental" problem. I play on officials quite alot and give it up quite often too, every time i think i have been killed by a cheater.
They certainly exist, but i can't recall the last time i was killed by blatant one. The problem is that most times you just don't know where you got shot from, and since officials are said to have alot of cheaters you automatically assume it. Just think about every time you get a lucky blaze shot from like 400 meters. The guy on the receiving end most likely think you are a cheater as well. 
Also you can try avoiding full servers, since cheaters are much more likely to pick those. And "extra" 10-20 ppl are probably stuck on the cost anyway.

20 minutes ago, DefectiveWater said:

I'm really interested in these new changes, but I feel like it won't still be enough if AKM or SKS can one shot from a short distance. They should uncon unarmored players, but not kill them in one shot. I will have to wait for somebody to bring out the numbers, because I don't know where to pull them from or how to calculate damage.

I feel it should be down to vitals. That were removed, I know - they should put them back. Let a bloody IJ70 oneshot if you hit the heart. Slightly larger hitbox for AR rounds, because they really do nasty stuff to people's insides, oneshotting is not at all unreasonable really. Irl you're hospitalised for weeks or months if you don't die. Often crippled for life. Does not translate well in a game of course, but to be honest the damage buffs they've had in 1.12 are not unreasonable seen from that perspective.

Edited by Derleth
  • Beans 2

Still no changes against cheaters and hackers on pc official servers? Wtf?

Unfortunately no, cheaters will still be able to have fun for a long time. Also note that it is not only on public servers that the cheat is present! But also and a lot on servers such as Spaggies, WFR RU vanilla and Karmakrew. These 3 are really to be avoided if you don't want to die from a bullet falling from the sky, a player who magically teleports to you or kills you through multiple walls of a building. 3 servers where cheating is allowed. And I am not the only one to have suffered the consequences. Good luck because the subject of the cheat on Dayz is taboo ...

• Confused 1

33 minutes ago, Derleth said:

I feel it should be down to vitals. That were removed, I know - they should put them back. Let a bloody IJ70 oneshot if you hit the heart. Slightly larger hitbox for AR rounds, because they really do nasty stuff to people's insides, oneshotting is not at all unreasonable really. Irl you're hospitalised for weeks or months if you don't die. Often crippled for life. Does not translate well in a game of course, but to be honest the damage buffs they've had in 1.12 are not unreasonable seen from that perspective.

This is something up to devs if that's their vision of the game, but yeah, I think you might be right. Having modeled organs would probably solve the majority of damage value issues. I just don't want constant one shotting from x39 when hitting anywhere in the torso...

Why I was negative to these changes is because it's such an extreme change from 55>100 dmg, because it's still a very early work in progress and we have/had no clue in which direction they are taking with this 1.12 patch.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lobart78 said:

Can you tell me 1 server that is as performant as the official one and has no mods, active admins and you can choose 1 or 3pp and is in/close middle europe?

PODPIVAS Vanilla. My buddy and I fixed up a car and drove it around; crashed it after about ten minutes and ruined the radiator, but it never flew into space. This was with 80 people on the server (it has 100 player cap). The server is based in Russia, has an active discord server -- I play from the US, and I find the server performance makes up for any latency I might experience.

Spaggie's servers.

• Beans 1

Initial speed is modified by weapons and is balanced to make non automatic weapons deal more damage per bullet than automatic ones

By non automatic, does it mean only bolt action? or everything not fully automatic?

It only makes sense if it's both semi-auto and full-auto that take a penalty since some gas pressure is traded for the cycling of the action.

4 hours ago, fl1y said:

Nah dude, they have hacker issues as well, but they don't police it, if you point one out they'll even ban you off their discord. It's insane, may as well play official.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tonyeh said:

The new infected are only going to make surviving at the beginning even harder than it is now in 1.11. And it's tough enough as it is.

You know what, I take it back. Just got KoS's AGAIN by a group of 4 people. 4 against 1 and all they can think of is pew pew. I hope when these cunts to this kind of thing in future that they are set upon by multiple infected.

Fucking time wasters.

35 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

You know what, I take it back. Just got KoS's AGAIN by a group of 4 people. 4 against 1 and all they can think of is pew pew. I hope when these cunts to this kind of thing in future that they are set upon by multiple infected.

Fucking time wasters.

Yeah its bad sometimes. Last Night my Friend and I went over to BK-L01 we were 100 meters apart. Him looting me on lookout. I was crouched way in a corner not moving.

My friend got killed....guess where did the infected flock to? Me?! Wtf. The one who did the shooting didn't even got one on him, but all the infected there did chase me, the one hiding in the shadows.... Pew pew wins again. 

Edited by McWendy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

guess where did the infected flock to? Me?! Wtf.

How does that happen? I thought that they locked into the sound of the gunfire?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

Yes, but if they see you first - or have seen you before so you're on their shit list - they'll go for you first. Sometimes I wonder if it is bugged though, as in this case when they probably shouldn't even have spotted you yet.

I have noticed their eyesight has improved a lot on 1.12 too. No walking around in plain sight anymore...

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 2

thats always been so infuriating, someone else shoots and the infected nearby go for you instead of the gunshot. and when they are locked onto you they only switch target if the other target basically touches them

Edited by Buakaw
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

They should have. But they didn't. Not even one. And since you know namalsk on spaggie you know how much infected there are at BK-L01.... A lot.

25 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Yes, but if they see you first - or have seen you before so you're on their shit list - they'll go for you first. Sometimes I wonder if it is bugged though, as in this case when they probably shouldn't even have spotted you yet.

I have noticed their eyesight has improved a lot on 1.12 too. No walking around in plain sight anymore...

We came in through the fence, via the hole in the wall. I stayed at that wall in the bushes. It was Night and really dark. We had nvg.

My buddy crouched via the fence to the military building where he got shot opening the door. (Before this moment no infected were alerted by us). I had a Line of sight on that door. So didn't move I Just kept aiming hoping he would loot my buddy. 

I had to stop aiming cause in no time i was swarmed. Started moving whilst keeping an eye on the door. No infected went his way although he fired a full auto unsurpressed rifle. It should not be like this.... 

@Kyiara are there more pathing tweaks in the pipeline? Cause the infected target the wrong people still.

Edited by McWendy
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, McWendy said:

They should have. But they didn't. Not even one. And since you know namalsk on spaggie you know how much infected there are at BK-L01.... A lot.

Yeh. They're a massive pain in the balls...but in a good way. There's been times when I have just had to avoid a place cos there were too many and I didn't have a decent weapon to deal with them. I don't know how Spaggies Namalsk is going to work out when it switches over to 1.12 though. I find them difficult enough at the moment to be honest. They manage to get so many hits on me on that server for some reason, I don't know why. I burn through sewing kits like there's no tomorrow.

I was down around the Athena buildings a couple of days ago, just exploring the map and I shot one with my suppressed pistol. He looked like he was alone. Then out of nowhere about 8 of the bleeders start screaming and running at me. I had to race away from them and up a ladder that I spotted that got me to the roof of a building. Then a load of wolves dropped by as well and night started to fall. I had to spend the night in a stair well calling myself a dopey fecker for breaking my stealth rule.

Really liking Spaggies Namalsk at the moment. I've been just wandering around without a map. Just happening on things. I found some notes on something called Project Athena. Don't know what that is. Don't want to know either. I'll find out in the game. I think it might be tied into why the world has gone to shit.

I had the scariest moment I've ever had in DayZ, too, on Spaggies. I wandered into a long train tunnel, in the dark with just my flashlight. I kept telling myself "this is really stupid, I should turn around and go a different way". All of a sudden I hear this high pitched scream, like nothing I've heard in the game before and this squidheaded thing is in the distance racing toward me. I nearly pissed myself. I put a full clip of my USG45 into it and then it was on top of me. So I whip out the splitting axe and start whacking it. This is all in pitch black no cos I had to drop the torch. I managed to cripple the bastard because I could see him on the ground. But it had hit me too many times and I was gushing blood.

Ended up dying, but it was one of the most satisfying moments I've had in the game.

That Namalsk map is becoming a favourite. I tried Deer Isle too, but I figure that that map would be better as a summer map, with summer problems like heat. I think they might have missed a trick there.

2 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

Yeh. They're a massive pain in the balls...but in a good way. There's been times when I have just had to avoid a place cos there were too many and I didn't have a decent weapon to deal with them. I don't know how Spaggies Namalsk is going to work out when it switches over to 1.12 though. I find them difficult enough at the moment to be honest. They manage to get so many hits on me on that server for some reason, I don't know why. I burn through sewing kits like there's no tomorrow.

I was down around the Athena buildings a couple of days ago, just exploring the map and I shot one with my suppressed pistol. He looked like he was alone. Then out of nowhere about 8 of the bleeders start screaming and running at me. I had to race away from them and up a ladder that I spotted that got me to the roof of a building. Then a load of wolves dropped by as well and night started to fall. I had to spend the night in a stair well calling myself a dopey fecker for breaking my stealth rule.

Really liking Spaggies Namalsk at the moment. I've been just wandering around without a map. Just happening on things. I found some notes on something called Project Athena. Don't know what that is. Don't want to know either. I'll find out in the game. I think it might be tied into why the world has gone to shit.

I had the scariest moment I've ever had in DayZ, too, on Spaggies. I wandered into a long train tunnel, in the dark with just my flashlight. I kept telling myself "this is really stupid, I should turn around and go a different way". All of a sudden I hear this high pitched scream, like nothing I've heard in the game before and this squidheaded thing is in the distance racing toward me. I nearly pissed myself. I put a full clip of my USG45 into it and then it was on top of me. So I whip out the splitting axe and start whacking it. This is all in pitch black no cos I had to drop the torch. I managed to cripple the bastard because I could see him on the ground. But it had hit me too many times and I was gushing blood.

Ended up dying, but it was one of the most satisfying moments I've had in the game.

That Namalsk map is becoming a favourite. I tried Deer Isle too, but I figure that that map would be better as a summer map, with summer problems like heat. I think they might have missed a trick there.

Deer Isle can have summer if the server allows it to. I don’t remember the temperature range though.

Just now, Derleth said:

Deer Isle can have summer if the server allows it to. I don’t remember the temperature range though.

On Spaggies, it's winter. Everyone's running around freezing their balls off.

It's not as bad as Namalsk though. Everyone has to be a pyromaniac on that island.

8 minutes ago, Tonyeh said:

I know the tunnel which you speak of, never Saw a squid headed thing tho 🙂

Athena 2 has a Nice underground facility. There are multiple scattered across that map actually. You'll find Them 😉

Namalsk was a game changer for us, been playing this game for a really long time of and on, checking in on the updates, but since we finally went modded (vanilla Just isnt set right) we're playing almost non-stop. 

It has PVP almost everywhere, lots of infected, survival is needed (cold, storms, food) but once we memorize every nook and cranny like we did on chernarus it Will get stale. 

So this should go in the suggestion part but having more maps with different seasons is a must for the longetivity of this game @Kyiara and as the vision was: travel should be possible within these maps (granted geographically it may not make sense)

3 hours ago, Kadavr_Creator said:

Nah dude, they have hacker issues as well, but they don't police it, if you point one out they'll even ban you off their discord. It's insane, may as well play official.

Completely true! And I experienced the same thing on their discord! To believe that those who take care of the Dicscord also cheat and that they do not like to be told that they have been seen cheating. Server full of cheaters with the examples I mentioned above, teleportation etc ... Same thing on WFR RU and especially Karmakrew, it is also the festival of cheat and magic. Anyone here who says there is no cheat is actually bothered that we are talking about this subject because they themselves are cheaters. It's that simple. They prefer to deflect the problem and prioritize on the destructible bases and they want to make indestructible and on the flying cars, woowww what a high priority for Dayz the flying cars! It was the same problem with Rainbow Six Siege ...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, McWendy said:

I know the tunnel which you speak of, never Saw a squid headed thing tho 🙂

Athena 2 has a Nice underground facility. There are multiple scattered across that map actually. You'll find Them 😉

Namalsk was a game changer for us, been playing this game for a really long time of and on, checking in on the updates, but since we finally went modded (vanilla Just isnt set right) we're playing almost non-stop. 

It has PVP almost everywhere, lots of infected, survival is needed (cold, storms, food) but once we memorize every nook and cranny like we did on chernarus it Will get stale. 

So this should go in the suggestion part but having more maps with different seasons is a must for the longetivity of this game @Kyiara and as the vision was: travel should be possible within these maps (granted geographically it may not make sense)

Namalsk was and is a fantastic map, and running a server with it has taught me loads of new tricks with server configuration just from studying what Adam has done with it. Once traffic on the server dwindled I decided to move Namalsk to Chernarus, I've a  Winter Chernarus with the Namalsk Survival mod - so EVR storms, frozen food and COLD. Surviving there is a true challenge, and not just because of the cold.

I also believe having "true" seasons is vital for the future of DayZ, and the fact simple retexture mods like Winter and Summer Chernarus look so good - and Adam's own Namalsk that is absolutely gorgeous - goes to show it is doable without a complete remake of the map. I wouldn't be very surprised if they did add proper seasons at some point. Weather and temperatures already vary depending on date, if a server is not set to reset itself to eternal autumn the months will actually roll on. Adding cosmetic changes to the map on top of that is not a major hurdle.

Back on topic - has anyone had time to get into fights on Experimental? I spent three hours on it last night and did not meet a soul, I didn't even hear any shots... It is simply not possible to test the balance changes that way - which brings me back to my suggestion:

Add a standalone pvp testing server with a custom mission!

Make everyone spawn around a town, give them loadouts, spawn heaps of weapons and ammo around the area - and gather some intense pvp data.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, lvw06 said:

Completely true! And I experienced the same thing on their discord! To believe that those who take care of the Dicscord also cheat and that they do not like to be told that they have been seen cheating. Server full of cheaters with the examples I mentioned above, teleportation etc ... Same thing on WFR RU and especially Karmakrew, it is also the festival of cheat and magic. Anyone here who says there is no cheat is actually bothered that we are talking about this subject because they themselves are cheaters. It's that simple. They prefer to deflect the problem and prioritize on the destructible bases and they want to make indestructible and on the flying cars, woowww what a high priority for Dayz the flying cars! It was the same problem with Rainbow Six Siege ...

Spaggie servers might have their share of cheaters just like any other popular server, althought despite spending many hours on them I have not met one ever. But when they catch them they do ban them - it is actually not hard to see in the logs if someone is doing shady stuff - but neither do they tolerate foot stomping in their discord. If you go in there making accusations you'll quickly be thrown out, which is their right. It is their servers. I can recommend them to anyone who wants a decent vanilla experience.