DanZ MANZ

The current state of DayZ

First of all i'd like to clear up this before you all scream at me, I like this game everyone does pc,xbox,ps4 it does not matter, it's the game that matters so before you go hating on this post just read it, is all i ask...

There has been serious derailment of player base across all platform servers of late, many players whom used to enjoy dayz no longer get on as much... 

I started to ask ppl why ? the most common answers I was given are as follows... 

1)The original content from the arma 2 mod has failed to make it into the game this includes, weapons, vehicles, locations & more...

2) The Dev's make a lot of excuses that do not match what modders have been able to achieve on pc & most of the community has left feeling betrayed by this... even more so for console players   

3) updates break more than they fix 

4) the end game has become repetitive & uninteresting because the content from the arma 2 mod was the whole point of the game... 

5) those in support of the game on pc & console fail to provide support for consoles & pc that creates division in the community that drives players away from the game entirely & that has a negative long standing effect on player numbers on all platforms.
6) Items, guns & more have been added to the game that are more or less pointless or never get picked up, & waste space 
7) I don't want to play dayz if the guns are not the same as the Arma 2 mod... ( wonder why ?)

😎 The game is too laggy  

9) base building is barebones & boring

10) The stamina drain & sway pattern, feature placed upon ADS & RUNNING should be removed, as it's not realistic ( a serving army personnel member pointed this out) these things should be minor barely imperceptible to the eye if at all, as the avatar should at least be able to hold a gun still and not have a seizure while trying to even fire a gun... 

We all fully support the game or at least I hope we do, but the time has now come to tell the uncomfortable truth about standalone...

The game has had it's core hook & end game ripped out and replaced with farmyard tools and some very useless guns... We won't harp on about locations, except to say what happened to the north east Airfield ? WOW IT'S EMPTY 

Many people mention the Trello when defending the failures to understand the basic need for the content from the Arma 2 mod to remain intact. This is not acceptable, nearly nobody outside this community hub even knew about the trello, because they all have lives to live outside the game... Many ppl were sold the game based on its original content being a part of the promise made now broken, many feel that until that happens standalone is not going to be considered DayZ Proper & that is why the playerbase is falling off a cliff on console, because the game we were sold was not the game we were told about...

We all think the current game is awesome, but will now in about a year collapse because nobody in the community seems to be willing to push for at least the minimums to be added to the game... The minimums would be the Original Arma 2 weapons, vehicles, locations... To fail to do so is to disrespect this awesome game....  But unfortunately these cosmetic changes to dayz are just that & have not made much improvement other than visual, while failing to add the content that ppl would stay for, while adding content ppl never ever pick up... 

We all need to start supporting the game on all platforms instead of being so toxic & fractured as it is often now and to push for our game to be given the content and respect it has earned... Remember it was your money that paid for it. 

The Halloween event was yet another reminder of the failure to understand the core of the game... murky grey and broken lighting in general made sure nobody got on for console servers, how hard is it to mess up? perfect pitch black darkness at night time ? A feature that we need to come back to the game??.... 

Thank you for your time in reading...

We can only hope the community in this hub can see why this is so important...            

Edited by DanZ MANZ
  • Thanks 1

I enjoy and have fun with the game, I've been going on road trips with the boys, meeting new people, raiding bases, ALL ON XBOX OFFICIAL, Me and my friends eve found M4's. We go to hunt bears, look for heli crashes, build bases, All sorts of things. I don't feel betrayed by the devs, but while the sporter and the Mk11 have no place in the game i still think that the devs are doing an ok job. Besides they have brought back Arma 2 content, vehicles and such. They added the coastal islands by prison island, the truck, crafted tents, AND THATS JUST IN THIS UPDATE !! Not that it doesn't need serious work, and that the modders are far more brilliant than the devs, but the game is enjoyable. Also stop ending every sentence with a dot dot dot...

(Although they need to buff NE airfield and balota airfield in terms of buildings. Then move pavlovo up the map so it's worth going too)

Edited by YeedMyLastHaw669
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Half the content is missing from the game, even on Xbox you will not see half of the Arma 2 mod content added unless you start to make the point to the Devs.... I never said you can not enjoy the game... I simply stated the views of the majority of players in all communities, we were promised the whole of the Arma 2 mod content, we have yet to be given a fraction of that, so players are feeling very let down & betrayed...

The fan base have left this game on mass in the last three months across all platforms, this does not have to be like this... We can have the proper game made it just needs everyone to start supporting that end of the content...

The bugs & glitches on the current build of standalone have been and sometimes are a lot worse than arma 2 mod ever was... To say otherwise is ignorance to the facts, it does nothing to help improve & make the game a better all round experience...   

The fact that modders have had to add the missing content that the Dev's claimed could never be added... Is evidence of the failure to deliver the game proper to the fans and supporters as promised, it is a disgrace, and disrespects the game on many levels....  It's sad to see this community seems to have rolled over & allowed the game to have it's core ripped out & made a mess of in this way... There is so much more to this game that many ppl do not understand because the community has failed to push for the entire game to be produced in full.. Instead we get half the game and content nobody asked for... how is that supposed to make up for the broken mess we have now ???     

13 hours ago, DanZ MANZ said:

because nobody in the community seems to be willing to push for at least the minimums to be added to the game...

6 hours ago, DanZ MANZ said:

It's sad to see this community seems to have rolled over & allowed the game to have it's core ripped out & made a mess of in this way... There is so much more to this game that many ppl do not understand because the community has failed to push for the entire game to be produced in full..

The community doesn't get to make decisions for the company.

How many people did you survey for these conclusions?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The community has duty speak up when the game they were promised, turns into a game they did not ask for, with content that is not wanted or used... or is missing core components to keep the game in line with the idea of DayZ... Creative freedom & vision is not a licence for DEVS to fail to make the game as was promised & is expected by the community as a whole, that community is not proportionally represented in this forum... 

We were told we would get all content from arma 2 mod, that has not happened, the problem with this is that the content that is missing from the game was the main core hook of the game.

Every player I have ever engaged with in dayz has said all of these things at some point, that amounts to hundreds maybe thousands, if not many more players.

Everyone in dayz agrees that these missing features & content are paramount to the true dayz experience they are also needed to keep the game fresh, there is currently a minority of players mostly in this forum, who happen to be the only ppl who will not admit this is the case i am not sure why they do this, given that the arma 2 mod content being added will improve the game, that failure has resulted in something that looks like dayz but is clearly not anywhere near the true dayz that can and should be introduced to the current build...    

the community is entitled to expect the advertised or promised product to be made available in full upon purchase, it is not acceptable for the devs to change the content and fail to deliver it as has occurred so far 

it's not a matter of not being possible to make, as modders have already done so, what is clear is that the lead Dev spent more time on his personal map project, than the actual game, that neglect of the game has lead to the failures in delivery of the intended and promised product....

All ppl are asking for is the finished product in full with the proper content from the arma 2 mod  to be added into all platforms it's not a complicated request  it is part of the game proper.... and expected by everyone who's has played standalone on all platforms...      

Edited by DanZ MANZ
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, DanZ MANZ said:

The community has duty speak up when the game they were promised, turns into a game they did not ask for, with content that is not wanted or used...

In that case it is my duty to inform you that I do not care about the mod, I don't want everyone to build ridiculous bases, have tons of guns and armor and fly a helicopter. I want I hardcore survival where you have to rely on combination of crafting and scavenging the world that simulates life as much as possible. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

That's fine for private servers, you can have that there, but for official DayZ the majority will agree, after the noob hype wears off... DayZ needs the full Arma 2 mod content to be engaging enough to create replay value, we have all lost count of how many times ppl have passed out and gone to sleep playing the game because the content is weak on standalone and not engaging enough to keep it fresh.... You say you don't care about the Original game mod DO YOU EVEN DAYZ BRO!!    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

the community is entitled

All ppl are asking for is the finished product in full with the proper content from the arma 2 mod  to be added into all platforms it's not a complicated request  it is part of the game proper.... and expected by everyone who's has played standalone on all platforms...  

The community is not entitled to anything.  The community is not owed anything.  Also, do not speak for people other than yourself.  Personally, I have never requested all of the content from the arma 2 mod.  Additionally, you cannot proclaim what it is that other people expect.  You can't speak for others.

This fantastical reality where you assert that gamers are entitled, have some sort of duty, and share the same opinions as you simply does not exist.  How do you know that the majority will agree with you?  You don't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Beans 2

Yes we are.... YES WE ARE, I am representing the opinions of those i play with  and those i speak to and have played with over the many years now, i have every right to do so.... the arma 2 dayz mod and its full content is what the majority wanted & because it was not delivered, most of those ppl have left the game on mass.... 

You should do your homework & ask anyone outside of the PC community & anyone outside this forum Who ever played or knew about the arma 2 dayz mod, what content is supposed to be in dayz that is currently missing from standalone??? the informed will come back to you with the mod content.... FACTS...

I am sorry you do not agree.... but you are entirely wrong, And clearly bitter that somebody has the balls to bring this up & mention the elephant standing in the metaphorical dayz room, you just don't want anyone to expose the fact that you paid for half a game and got ripped off by the devs... 

Stand up for your game, the game that it is meant to be.... not this buggy half made broken joke of a ripoff lmao wake up mate coffees almost ready!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣     

Edited by DanZ MANZ
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

I have clean up a little. This topic isn't about coffee, after all.

Also remember: no insults, keep it productive if anything.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

I SAY THIS NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE OR HURT ANYONE'S FEELINGS!!!!, BEING OFFENDED IS SUBJECTIVE IT IS NOT A CRIME TO OFFEND SOMEBODY & IS A CHOICE THEY MAKE TO BE OFFENDED, NOTHING WILL ACTUALLY HAPPEN TO IF YOU FEEL OFFENDED... I MEAN YOU WILL NOT WAKE UP IN THE MORNING WITH LEPROSY OR THE CLAP GOD FORBID... 

At no point, have I given any insult to anyone is this thread.... if you think anything i said is insulting you might want to consider removing the company clique attitude from the forum & development of the game, because it's having a negative impact on it... by forcing ppl like me to have to voice our serious concerns about the muddled up direction DayZ has taken of late . I am not to blame if somebody gets offended by facts.

All i did was tell the truth about this game & it's missing content, that is now all to often the subject of conversation in game chats & party groups for the last 2 years+ if your going to moderate that discussion & fail to take on board the facts, then it's clear to all here that company bias is king on this forum, clearly you made the game wrong & won't accept anybody's constructive criticism or opinion as valid accept your own...

That also means their is a clear failure in the development of the vision for the game evident to all whom play it & those that have left.... Because non of the dev team wants to face that inescapable Truth.

The content from the arm 2 mod was the sole reason ppl kept coming back for more, the detraction's from that in standalone have lead to a serious flop in the player base across the platforms... All We want you to do, is to do as promised & put that content back where it belongs & remove the stuff you added to replace it, trust me when i say this, The standalone game will sink based on that factor in the future... Again this is just a fact that can not continue to be ignored....

That fact that i get accused of such actions is a clear sign that i am 100% correct and this game is in serious trouble and you now need to listen to ppl like me if you even care enough to save it 

Many Thanks 

Edited by DanZ MANZ
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DanZ MANZ said:

I SAY THIS NOT TO OFFEND ANYONE OR HURT ANYONE'S FEELINGS!!!!, BEING OFFENDED SUBJECTIVE IT IS NOT A CRIME TO OFFEND SOMEBODY & IS A CHOICE THEY MAKE TO BE OFFENDED, NOTHING WILL ACTUALLY HAPPEN TO IF YOU FEEL OFFENDED... I MEAN YOU WILL NOT WAKE UP IN THE MORNING WITH LEPROSY OR THE CLAP GOD FORBID... 

You really can't comprehend what I am saying, right?

You are obviously even oblivious to the fact that I have no ties with Bohemia Interactive, this is mainly a community driven forum, as such I am part of the community, not an employee of anyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

I do not believe the devs have ever said that Standalone would ever be a 1 to 1 with the Dayz Mod I do not think even Dean Hall who is not around anymore set that as a goal for SA. Of course there are things that are not there like destructible buildings or helicopters but it has already been stated that the latter would never be implemented. And there alot more locations to Chernarus+ such as Tisy.

Looking at the firearms compared to mod they are on number nearly the same if not more than the mod planned and already implemented and alot more melee weapons. Having the m16 rolled into the M4 was probably a case of the M16 being redundant when there is no burst fire, according the gamepedia page the CZ-550 is virtually identical to the M24 and M40A3 performance wise... SA rebalanced the weapon list and tiered it properly, and last I heard from Sumrak there is still set to be a balance pass on the ammo damage so like say the assault rifles are more set apart.

Base Building does not need to be like the Mod with ridiculous constructions, no one wants to go back to that. 

PC player numbers are solid and have been for the last few months. Console is another story, Sony and MS make it hard to develop a game that has a PC mindset for a 'closed garden' I should know I played Dust 514 and I am very aware how Sony would charge CCP to put a update it is not hard to see why a update that gets put out for the PC does not end up on the console if Bohemia can help it. 

Modding does not take away anything or add to the experience of SA because it comes down to effecting balancing and stability of the build, you have mods that throw tons of weapons that affect the weapon balance and tiers and alot of performance heavy stuff that would take the Devs to have to account for. 

Also get real...no one seriously thinks about what should be added into Dayz by the measure of the Mod they think about what was in the game up to .62.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, Monosof said:

Also get real...no one seriously thinks about what should be added into Dayz by the measure of the Mod they think about what was in the game up to .62.

Exactly this. 

• Haha 2

The mod was good fun, but it was bloody stupid too. Everyone was geared to the teeth in minutes, got helicopters, and had ridiculous bases built in a matter of hours/days. They get raided, you get killed...rinse/repeat. It got tedious and there was no atmosphere at all. It ended up being just another death match online game, where dying meant nothing. You just geared up again and went on another killing spree.

DayZ standalone is and always was supposed to be a different kettle of fish entirely. It's not meant to be the mod, but a post apocalyptic survival game and, frankly, it's MUCH better than the mod ever was, flaws and all. I have my complaints about DayZ, as much as the other fella. But I have also had some of the best gaming experiences I've ever had with it too and I've been playing computer games since the 80's.

If people want to play the mod so much, go and play it. There are still hives open, as far as I know.

There are certainly issues that need looking at in the current DayZ game for sure. I will bang on about the terrible effects of "count_in_hoarder" all day long for particular loot items and how bad it's been for the CLE. There are also a number of other game mechanics I'd change in a heartbeat and there's various glitchy things that could be fixed as well.

But I absolutely don't want to see the game turn into the joke that the mod became, which was essentially ARMA 2 with zombies.

• Beans 3

The Mod was a good (but flawed) Proof of Concept that came out almost a decade ago (2012).  

I'm curious what is the current state of DayZ (PC)?  Is there still a sizable community? Is it fragmented across all sorts of custom moded servers?  Is the game stable?  How's the player interaction?  PvE?  PvP?  

Every few months I log in to check out how things are going.  But to be honest, it kind of feels like not much has changed over eight years.  Walking from town to town, picking up random loot.  Avoid some stupid zombies.  Once in a blue moon encounter another player and exchange unpleasantries. 

Basically I play for a couple hours, get bored and go do something else.  Walking through the woods, hearing distant gunfire and picking apples, the game feels less like a "hardcore zombie apocalypse survival game" and more like a "visiting my in-laws in Pennsylvania simulator". 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

We all need to start supporting the game on all platforms

Not sure what you meant by this?    I have played games for decades on both platforms and know Mice, Keyboards, Macros, etc, and often times superior hardware, offer a huge advantage over console players.   I am playing Dayz on a console currently.  I do not want PC players on my server.

Denial is a terrible thing, it's clear the minority of the fan base here, have failed to stand up for the game in full on all platforms, the game is dying on console so it's in your hands to change that, the facts are above in black & white accept it or reject it at the cost of the games demise.... Fact you were ripped off for half a game fact Promises were made and broken fact most of the dayz community is not represented properly on this forum, clearly your self interest has started the decline of the game because you want a version that nobody really likes as much as the mod would have created.... you will soon be playing on empty servers again maybe then the penny will drop until that day I am out.....          

Edited by DanZ MANZ
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, bfisher said:

I'm curious what is the current state of DayZ (PC)?  Is there still a sizable community? Is it fragmented across all sorts of custom moded servers?  Is the game stable?  How's the player interaction?  PvE?  PvP?  

Every few months I log in to check out how things are going.  But to be honest, it kind of feels like not much has changed over eight years.  Walking from town to town, picking up random loot.  Avoid some stupid zombies.  Once in a blue moon encounter another player and exchange unpleasantries. 

Haven´t checked the figures lately but there should be around 15,000 - 20,000 people online, spread out across various modded and unmodded servers. 

But honestly, it sounds like DayZ is not your type of game. Don't expect the game to change at all. Honestly, not even sure what you expected the game to become? The way you described the game is exactly how it is and how the game will be for the years to come.

8 hours ago, DanZ MANZ said:

.... you will soon be playing on empty servers again maybe then the penny will drop until that day I am out.....          

That sounds terrible, let me get more coffee.

Also ... bye.

• Like 1

On 11/7/2020 at 6:59 PM, amadieus said:

Haven´t checked the figures lately but there should be around 15,000 - 20,000 people online, spread out across various modded and unmodded servers. 

But honestly, it sounds like DayZ is not your type of game. Don't expect the game to change at all. Honestly, not even sure what you expected the game to become? The way you described the game is exactly how it is and how the game will be for the years to come.

You may be right.  I simply don't have hundreds of hours to devote to a game like Dayz and I don't think you can really enjoy DayZ unless you can devote hundreds of hours to it.

I don't want it to be Call of Duty or some Battle Royale, but the game still feels very empty and unfinished to me.   Like they are adding broken bones, but other than walking off a rooftop, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot in there to break them.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I agree to all 1000% with the author of the topic, but for a different reason. The transition to the new engine took place carelessly. Okay, without too much pretense, the release was with cut content. But sorry, problems with the released material take a long time to resolve. Many tickets for existing content that have not been closed for over two years. Many errors and problems have a common basis, but none of them are recorded: night lighting, glare in the telescopic sight, etc., attack with a step forward (dullness limit). New functions are being introduced to fix some aspect of deception, but functionality breaks down in another aspect, where it looks normal (for example, get out / get into the car).
This is a survival game! Are you seriously? For two years, a character with a knife and a rope can only do: a sharp stick, a fishing rod and a stretcher for construction - but where are all the other skills of the character? I think that there should be at least two to three dozen skills, just for these two subjects. And how much more should be available in craftsmanship.
I'm not an alcoholic. But for some reason the character in the game suffers from this ailment. He is always with shaking hands. This is possible, but there must be valid reasons for this.
Is this not my game? Such people do not enter the forum here, I myself would not have come here if I had indifference to any progress in this game. To be clear, the last two years in my PC only DayZ 1.00 - 1.09.
Do you want to wait for changes in the game for another 5-6 years? Just skip this topic.

This is probably humor - the wrench was not needed for two years, to anyone, but at 1.10 a job was found for him))). If at 1.20 am I can take off a non-empty backpack and put it in the car, I probably won't be interested by that time. Content and interactions with content evolve over different time periods, and appear to be unfinished over a long period.

• Thanks 1

On 11/7/2020 at 11:17 AM, bfisher said:

The Mod was a good (but flawed) Proof of Concept that came out almost a decade ago (2012).  

Basically I play for a couple hours, get bored and go do something else.  Walking through the woods, hearing distant gunfire and picking apples, the game feels less like a "hardcore zombie apocalypse survival game" and more like a "visiting my in-laws in Pennsylvania simulator". 

it honestly sounds like this isn't the game for you... well the Vanilla version anyways. I bet you'll enjoy heavily modded servers more. You might want to try them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/3/2020 at 6:11 PM, DanZ MANZ said:

Half the content is missing from the game, even on Xbox you will not see half of the Arma 2 mod content added unless you start to make the point to the Devs.... I never said you can not enjoy the game... I simply stated the views of the majority of players in all communities, we were promised the whole of the Arma 2 mod content, we have yet to be given a fraction of that, so players are feeling very let down & betrayed...

The fan base have left this game on mass in the last three months across all platforms, this does not have to be like this... We can have the proper game made it just needs everyone to start supporting that end of the content...

The bugs & glitches on the current build of standalone have been and sometimes are a lot worse than arma 2 mod ever was... To say otherwise is ignorance to the facts, it does nothing to help improve & make the game a better all round experience...   

The fact that modders have had to add the missing content that the Dev's claimed could never be added... Is evidence of the failure to deliver the game proper to the fans and supporters as promised, it is a disgrace, and disrespects the game on many levels....  It's sad to see this community seems to have rolled over & allowed the game to have it's core ripped out & made a mess of in this way... There is so much more to this game that many ppl do not understand because the community has failed to push for the entire game to be produced in full.. Instead we get half the game and content nobody asked for... how is that supposed to make up for the broken mess we have now ???     

Stop with the dot dot dot's, stop using them to exaggerate EVERY SENTENCE SWEET FUCK. DayZ wasn't meant to be arma 2 mod but stable, and besides don't complain about official if you want arma 2 content, play a modded server so you can experience that content and just shut the fuck up and play some MODDED. 

Edited by YeedMyLastHaw669
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1