ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.09

1 hour ago, ImpulZ said:

Update 1.09.153407 - Release on 16.09.2020

FIXED

• Fixed a server crash
  • Fixed a crash while loading into the main menu/server (caused by corrupted local cached character data)
  • Fixed a bug, allowing the player to drag full stacks of stones by using the combine area in the inventory
  • Fixed an issue resulting in unmounted but attached barbed wire giving a damage
  • Fixed an issue causing weapons to become stuck when dropped from an unconscious player during reload
  • Fixed a bug preventing pulling dead players from the Olga in certain cases
  • Fixed an issue blocking base building close to other base building objects
  • Fixed an issue preventing the collision of tent doors/walls from updating until the next server restart

CHANGED

• Placement of base building objects was made less restrictive (reducing gaps in between)
  • The Revolver reload should be more responsive now
  • Increased the durability of the IJ-70 pistol

How long does it take until its available on steam? Currently I am getting "wrong version" when try to join an official server.

*edit: just solved :-)

Edited by spaceboh

I was left cringing during a weak moment when plebs weren't using the Queen's english.  So I shot them with my now more responsive revolver.  Thanks devs.

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Update 1.09.153407 - Release on 16.09.2020....

Could you also please consider fixing the barb wire issue where we are currently able to dismount them from the front instead of only from the back like in 1.07?

Makes them rather useless when anyone with the pliers can just come and take them away.

Edited by 'AZAZEL'
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Could you also please consider fixing the barb wire issue where we are currently able to dismount them from the front instead of only from the back like in 1.07?

Makes them rather useless when anyone with the pliers can just come and take them away.

This!!! This is silly.

1 hour ago, 'AZAZEL' said:

Look at it from the opposite angle. It would be pretty silly if I'm outside a wall with barbed wire, looking right at it, have a tool in my hand that's only purpose in the game is to deal with barbed wire, but I can't do anything with the tool, because I have to be on the inside of the wall to use it. 

Restricting it to a single side of the wall, inside or out, ends up frustrating either the attacker or the defender. However, there are better solutions to this that can balance things from both sides.. 

For example: 

If you are inside the wall, you can use the pliers to remove the wire, since it's likely that each end of the wire is wound around the main posts. Removing them this way still puts the wire spool outside the fence, but it remains intact. 

For those outside the wall, pliers can still be used, but it destroys the wire, and no spool spawns on the ground after the action is completed.    

This way, the attacker only removes the wire, but can't just go around harvesting barbed wire from any base they find. While this still is a bit frustrating to the base owner when they find the wire is gone, there is less incentive for players to cut the wire unless they have plans on breaching that wall, and there is not some artificial restriction blocking an attacker from doing something that is obviously possible to do with the right tools.  

EDIT: Oh, and for base builders who are attaching wire to the wall, they would need to be outside the wall to turn the attached wire spool on the ground to the fence. If I am arguing for practical realism for the attacker, it should equally apply to the defender, as magically uncoiling the wire and wrapping it around the posts through a wood wall would be equally silly as not being able to take it down from the outside.. 

Edited by chambersenator
  • Like 2

Finaly found the cause for a really nasty bug.

The changes to Hold Breath with patch 1.08 brought a bug, where pressing HB would use all your stamina at once. I found the cause now and it is 100% replicable:

1. use any gun - it works with all

2. ADS with your gun and press HB a second

3. start sprinting before your stamina is used up

4. sprint a few seconds

5. let your stamina bar refill

6. ADS with your gun and press HB ----> all stamina gone immediately

The important point is the transition from step 2 to step 3. If you do it without a break - start sprinting while still holding breath - the stamina usage modifier for HB keeps rising as long as you sprint and will not reset.

I use left shift for HB and sprint. This is maybe part of the problem.

Edit: I use left ctrl for HB and left shift for sprint (=default). 

Please fix this. It drives me crazy.

Edited by Scoo1
  • Thanks 1

Fix the loot on the floor not despawning had gear on the floor for days with no flag in my base and the gear is still there sort it please 🙏 

3 hours ago, chambersenator said:

EDIT: Oh, and for base builders who are attaching wire to the wall, they would need to be outside the wall to turn the attached wire spool on the ground to the fence. If I am arguing for practical realism for the attacker, it should equally apply to the defender, as magically uncoiling the wire and wrapping it around the posts through a wood wall would be equally silly as not being able to take it down from the outside.. 

That's how it was at first, was changed because all other base items are mounted from inside.

Bared wire should still be possible to remove for attackers from outside, but it should take a lot of time and ruin the pliers - and risk cuts.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

Update 1.09.153407 - Release on 16.09.2020

FIXED

• Fixed a server crash
  • Fixed a crash while loading into the main menu/server (caused by corrupted local cached character data)
  • Fixed a bug, allowing the player to drag full stacks of stones by using the combine area in the inventory
  • Fixed an issue resulting in unmounted but attached barbed wire giving a damage
  • Fixed an issue causing weapons to become stuck when dropped from an unconscious player during reload
  • Fixed a bug preventing pulling dead players from the Olga in certain cases
  • Fixed an issue blocking base building close to other base building objects
  • Fixed an issue preventing the collision of tent doors/walls from updating until the next server restart

CHANGED

• Placement of base building objects was made less restrictive (reducing gaps in between)
  • The Revolver reload should be more responsive now
  • Increased the durability of the IJ-70 pistol

Did anyone else have a problem with the flagpole despwaning on resets 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Derleth said:

That means your server has not updated its types.xml, if the flag pole is not in that file it won't be persistent and despawn as soon as you turn your back more or less.

So you don't have any problems with the flagpole 

FIX HACKERS! You don't know how many people will not buy this game because it's RIDDLED WITH HACKERS.

1 hour ago, John erskine said:

So you don't have any problems with the flagpole 

Nope, if properly set up in types it will not despawn.

While this hotfix is great in itself!

I think the ability to remove barbed wire from the outside with pliers is a bit dumb. 

Dont know if it's an accidental thing but eiad base raiding if players have a pair of pliers on them. 

Also, wheres the fix with barrel noises? It's crazy! You pick up a barrel and it is constantly making open/shutting sounds and gosh, when you are filling a barrel or emptying it into a bottle or something. 

Also, when you dig up fence posts they drop on the floor and dysync, everytime. So you are able to pick one up and place it elsewhere but not the second one. It's been a pain in my arse over the last few days. 

And, what about the dysync issues that have arisen after the 1.08 hotfixes? Any sign of them being fixed?. 

Please fix these issues that would be great!

Also, do we have an ETA on when cars will be fixed ?

Cait

Edited by Caitlin Cunliffe

5 hours ago, Caitlin Cunliffe said:

I think the ability to remove barbed wire from the outside with pliers is a bit dumb. 

Dont know if it's an accidental thing but eiad base raiding if players have a pair of pliers on them. 

Also, wheres the fix with barrel noises? It's crazy! You pick up a barrel and it is constantly making open/shutting sounds and gosh, when you are filling a barrel or emptying it into a bottle or something. 

Also, when you dig up fence posts they drop on the floor and dysync, everytime. So you are able to pick one up and place it elsewhere but not the second one. It's been a pain in my arse over the last few days. 

And, what about the dysync issues that have arisen after the 1.08 hotfixes? Any sign of them being fixed?. 

Please fix these issues that would be great!

Also, do we have an ETA on when cars will be fixed ?

Cait

I've never had this issues once with the desyncing of the poles. Not sure, maybe a poor server issue?

I think it's a good bandaid til you actually balance more... but Zombies dropping stone knives is a cute stop gap til something better is created. But that's not very immersive... I mean really i get wanting survival should be hard, there should be probably 2 paths to early game survival... Fishing and Horticulture. Maybe more shovels and seed packets dropped instead of other things, like clothes... or more stones spawned, but instead of train tracks and dirt paths... how about coast and along creeks??? I think that's probably a considerably better placement of small stone spawns.

7 hours ago, Caitlin Cunliffe said:

That's what pliers are for! Cutting wired fences, barbed or not. It's one of the most ridiculous things in DayZ, when you're going into a military base and you have to look for a convenient hole in the fence, instead of cutting through with pliers. You should be able to cut any wired fence with pliers, regardless if it's player built or not. 

This is like people complaining that you can break wooden fence with an axe. Yeah what a surprise that the one tool for splitting wood works on a wooden fence, just as it does on a log. 

• Like 1

It was possible to build fences inside and on top of buildings. This was most common to build somewat "secure" bases on ALL Servers.

Since 1.09.153407 there is a problem with the fence kit. This is not possible anymore. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T153914

@ImpulZ @jakub_bohemia Was this intentional?

Edited by andro_dawton

Right very unhappy playing dayz the game would not let me pick things up so i logged out logged back in all my gear on my body has gone .but im still were i looged off sort this out iv about had it now with this game

5 hours ago, andro_dawton said:

It was possible to build fences inside and on top of buildings. This was most common to build somewat "secure" bases on ALL Servers.

Since 1.09.153407 there is a problem with the fence kit. This is not possible anymore. https://feedback.bistudio.com/T153914

@ImpulZ @jakub_bohemia Was this intentional?

Yes. This is intentional... it's silly to build a wall inside of a building where it goes into the ceiling or through the wall.

We cannot build anything now unless its in the middle of a field?? and then only if its on soil or grass lolol This is only since the hotfix btw

This is a massive change and seriously limits where bases are made. Poor show if so and will ruin base building.

If it's true that you can now only build fences and stuff to very specific places ... well be prepared for a mass exodus from official servers to community/modded servers. 🤪

To the best of my knowledge. There is a height requirement... trees, ceilings, awnings get in the way, which makes sense. You can build in the woods and roads and fields... Build a real base and not just around homes... that's just not wise anyways. They're far easier to find and more likely to get broken into.

5 hours ago, discipled said:

Yes. This is intentional... it's silly to build a wall inside of a building where it goes into the ceiling or through the wall.

Awesome, base building will be dead to me now as a solo player. i already have to deal with barrels making random noices while nobody is near them or interacting with them and now i can't secure my stash inside a base unless i build that base in the open.

2 hours ago, discipled said:

To the best of my knowledge. There is a height requirement... trees, ceilings, awnings get in the way, which makes sense. You can build in the woods and roads and fields... Build a real base and not just around homes... that's just not wise anyways. They're far easier to find and more likely to get broken into.

i have a base inside a small tenemant building. in a well traveled large city. its great, hasn't been raided for 3 weeks now, because who in their right mind enters a small tenemant building which spawns no loot unless your specifically looking for bases. buildings are actually some of the best base locations in my mind. 

you know what really stands out? that big fucking wooden/metal sheet wall in the middle of a open field.

• Like 1