ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.09

header_rc.jpg

We are happy to announce that the upcoming Game Update 1.09 is entering its public experimental testing phase. This experimental build will only be available on Steam (PC) as we have ran into a number of issues within the Xbox Experimental build, which we wont be able to solve for this particular game update. We'll come back to the Xbox Experimental as soon as we can.

In this blog, we would like to give you a first glimpse into the update 1.09, to show you what you should keep your eyes open for, and focus on during the Experimental testing. That being said, if you really want to know everything, head over to our forum post with the change log. And as usual, please post any feedback to our tracker and/or forums.

The long-awaited Revolver is back. This one took a bit longer to get back into the game as it uses a special weapon logic alongside a very specific set of animations. The Revolver isn't the only weapon in this game update though. There is one more, and a completely new gun, but we will leave that up to you to find out what is it.

revolver.jpg

The weapons and their muzzle attachments have got their durability during firing balanced. There was quite a big difference between different weapon types (ones with internal magazine were almost indestructible). Make sure to stack up your weapon cleaning kits, as duct tape is no longer usable on weapons.

We are adding a new base object - the flag pole. The goal of this object is to make the overall base management easier by having one central object, which, within a given time, refresh the lifetime values of objects within its radius (currently set to 60 meters). The flag itself can be found in 27 different variants and it is used to activate the flag pole itself when raised. With each lifetime refresh tick, the flag position lowers, meaning you will still need to keep an eye on your base, but you will no longer need to run around all the objects and manually refresh them.

flagpole.jpg

A number of changes were done for the central economy setups for both Chernarus and Livonia. These include:

• Prolonged lifetime values for most of the items, to make the world more immersive and persistent.
  • Server restarts are no longer refilling the world to the nominal values (ignoring restock timers). Loot restock will only happen overtime, when the timers run out.
  • Door states are now persistent.
  • Increased the chances of bumping into a rare items from the helicopter crash sites as number of rare items are now excluded from the count in cargo spaces of bases.

We have also been busy updating textures on selected environment assets, making new exterior/interior variants for commonly used houses to increase variety and update power line network of Chernarus. We have also fixed a number of common issues with character collisions, which often resulted in clipping with ceilings.

We hope you will like what 1.09 has in store for you. See you on experimental, survivors!

On behalf of the DayZ team,
Adam

• Like 5
  • Beans 2

@ImpulZ could you maybe activate some more servers? No filters and it shows 4/5 servers which stupid pings of either filled to the brim....

How to test with no access?!

@ImpulZ

Great update here, but what about broken bones?  Can you confirm at least that there is still intention on the part of the devs to add that at some point?

• Beans 1

30 minutes ago, McWendy said:

@ImpulZ could you maybe activate some more servers? No filters and it shows 4/5 servers which stupid pings of either filled to the brim....

at least activate also one 1PP/ HC server plz.

I'm looking forward to future updates 

But,

The new dysync issues are ridiculous and makes the game unplayable really right now. 

Alongside cars really need fixing it is insane. 

Also including the lag when rendering in towns (especially zelen) players and bases. Not so bad but really needs sorting. 

I absolutly love the survival aspect of the game but c'mon now the dysync issues and cars make the game almost impossible. 

Also, an issue with tents right now, most of the time you are unable to fix them but will follow the motion but not repair any of it. No way to solve the issue either. 

• Like 1

A life straw would be a nice addition and maybe a multi scope for the Mosion Lar VSD etc .. and there is a big issue of dropping items on the watch towers and they sink into the floor .. I had to knock down a bit of my base yesterday just to get a KAM I accidentally dropped , should be instant death for your character if you swim under the map .. and to stop people combat logging you should have the character waking up while loading in 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by David Crickit Dolan

On 8/18/2020 at 5:49 PM, McWendy said:

Hi, our usual observation is that the player numbers on the Experimental are going down after the first days. As we have the base building contest ongoing and at the same time need to monitor servers at high capacity, we decided to go with a lower number of Experimental servers for this run.

On 8/18/2020 at 5:59 PM, drgullen said:

@ImpulZ

Great update here, but what about broken bones?  Can you confirm at least that there is still intention on the part of the devs to add that at some point?

I would like to keep the focus of this discussion on the update at hand. But yes, it is still something we want to look into.

On 8/19/2020 at 12:08 AM, Caitlin Cunliffe said:

The new dysync issues are ridiculous and makes the game unplayable really right now. 

Also, an issue with tents right now, most of the time you are unable to fix them but will follow the motion but not repair any of it. No way to solve the issue either. 

Hi, are there any more details you can give us on the desync? How does it appear to you, does it affect player positions, or items in hands/the inventory, for example?

We'll also check the tent issue you mentioned.

On 8/19/2020 at 12:08 AM, Caitlin Cunliffe said:

I have found and repaired two medium tents, with no problems  . . .

@ImpulZ

Ständiges desync. bei

Wenn ich Zeug in Kisten usw packe muss ein Mitspieler nur zu mir kommen 

Bei Aufnahme eines bepackten Rucksacks den mein Mitspieler vorheriger hinlegte

Wenn ich mich eine meine Basis ein Stacheldraht verletzte kommen kommen Schlitzer dazu wenn ich mich noch ein Tore und Zäune aufhalte. Keine Verwendung von Artikel wie z. B. Verband mehr möglich.

Edited by Christian Hincha

Awesome work with the flagpole idea guys.

I play and own a server on XBOX. Just wondering if items getting stuck in containers is something you guys are looking into? I've posted this issue a few times on website feedback and bug reports page.

It happens when you have an item in your hand and you swap the item with an item in storage. The item in storage goes to you hand, and the item that was in your hand gets stuck in storage.

Also I know PC is more of a priority for you guys, but is there anything you can take away from console versions to make it run smoother? I did notice a good performance increase via the last hotfix which is great. But still having lag spikes and game crashes while driving. PCs can handle a lot more than consoles haha.

• Like 1

I look forward to more lag, de sync issues and any newly added issues with this so called update when it releases on console! It would be wonderful if the current never ending, forever growing issue list would be reduced, not increased. We don't need textures, or a ski resort that no one visits (because there's nothing there) or useless guns (as cool as some may look). What we need is better base building, to be able to drive and not crash our cars all the time, to not have to re log every god darn 20 mins because of de syncing.

We need to just be able to play and enjoy the game as it should be!

Dayz is a great game but it could be so much more if the devs would actually fix all of the issues plaguing it rather than introducing stuff we dont need or want.

As a server owner these last updates have created more issues than they have solved and more work for my moderators and myself!

Peace

• Haha 1

On 8/18/2020 at 6:22 PM, ast65 said:

at least activate also one 1PP/ HC server plz.

ty 

• Haha 1

What a great update. This is like putting make up on a corpse. The game is in late stage cancer hospice due to HACKERS BEING ON ALL PUBLIC SERVERS and you guys are making these cute little non-impressive changes. Hackers have ruined the game. Two of my mates and myself instantly killed in Cherno, all of us in 3 different rooms with no visible access to us, headshot with some aimhacker who was raiding our base.

If Bohemia wanted to, they could fix this problem with hackers quite easily. The hackers get away with it because there's no replay of the kill and there's no ID of the person who killed you. Counter Strike put this kind of replay into their game 15 years ago and it's great for reporting hackers. Dayz hasn't figured this out yet. Hackers can just turn on the hacks and headshot everybody and they never get caught because how do you know who to report when this happens? You have no information to send to Battleye or Bohemia.

Bohemia, I have brought this up and others have many times and instead of fixing the problem you censor those who are trying to save your game. You're incompetent.

Anyone know if experimental on xbox store is not available?

I have xbox series x, trying to get dayz experimental. On the store it says currently unavailable. I am in U.S.  Can't figure out how to get it. My friends play and I want to try game out, before buying regular version.

3 hours ago, Firemedic139 said:

I have xbox series x, trying to get dayz experimental. On the store it says currently unavailable. I am in U.S.  Can't figure out how to get it. My friends play and I want to try game out, before buying regular version.

DayZ experimental is not a demo or something like that. It is an environment in which the developers can test a new patch before pushing it to the regular servers. People can join experimental to help the devs finds issues.

4 hours ago, Firemedic139 said:

Buy it on steam. If you dont like it make sure not to play over 2 hours and you can refund it. 

But if your Friends play it Just buy it. The game is best and most fun with Friends. 

And what @amadieus said experimental Comes with the regular DayZ. As a testing ground if you will. 

Edited by McWendy
Spelling