ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.09 (Changelog)

What about giving Xbox server owners access to the ini.c file and fixing the cars I might know the problem. I think it’s an issue with how to engines render in with the lag and your ping so it goes all Kung  foo on you. And fix barbwire zombies can jump right over it

Edited by pro gamer4556
Adding more info

It's a good thing that DayZ is so modable, so all of you with your own opinions can set up your own servers to be the way YOU think it should be! Now, let's get to 1.10 so Namalsk can be released!!!

1 hour ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I hope with all this time they are taking with 1.09 they are fixing the most crucial problem with the game

You landed upright...what's the problem?  😋

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I hope with all this time they are taking with 1.09 they are fixing the most crucial problem with the game....

Classic example of desync-triggered Harry Potter. You or somebody else on the server has such crap internet that the server gets a seizure trying to keep everything in sync. I often play with a friend who's on a really shitty mobile connection, his latency sometimes peaks at 1,500 ms or more and when that happens DayZ servers simply can't cope, so weird stuff starts to happen. Reload desync & ghost bullets, door states buggered up so zeds can walk through doors, teleporting AI, rubberbanding - and flying cars.

Whenever your car starts behaving like that - stop the car, put the gear in neutral and shut off the engine. That forces the car back in sync every time.

Since car simulation is handled server side I doubt it is possible to completely eliminate weird shit from happening when desynced, so what they need to do is implement some kind of failsafes so players with bad enough connection to cause desync are disconnected, instead of destabilizing the entire server. There is the max ping limit which does help a lot, but ping isn't everything.

I wonder if there's any chance that we can get the AK situation fixed for 1.09's release? It's frankly ridiculous the way things are at the moment. Having them essentially impossible to find because so few spawn and what little do are hoarded is a terrible mechanic.

In three months of solid play, I have found ONE KA-74.

5 hours ago, Derleth said:

Classic example of desync-triggered Harry Potter. You or somebody else on the server has such crap internet that the server gets a seizure trying to keep everything in sync. I often play with a friend who's on a really shitty mobile connection, his latency sometimes peaks at 1,500 ms or more and when that happens DayZ servers simply can't cope, so weird stuff starts to happen. Reload desync & ghost bullets, door states buggered up so zeds can walk through doors, teleporting AI, rubberbanding - and flying cars.

Whenever your car starts behaving like that - stop the car, put the gear in neutral and shut off the engine. That forces the car back in sync every time.

Since car simulation is handled server side I doubt it is possible to completely eliminate weird shit from happening when desynced, so what they need to do is implement some kind of failsafes so players with bad enough connection to cause desync are disconnected, instead of destabilizing the entire server. There is the max ping limit which does help a lot, but ping isn't everything.

First, this was not my video.  It's an example of things that happen on a server where I and others have a 30 ms ping.It happens on most servers to me and countless others, there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of videos on youtube of this stuff happening.  Is it Desync?  Maybe, but the cause of that desync is where I disagree.  The foundational cause is the travesty that is SERVER AUTHORITY.   I have driven vehicles in other multiplayer games AND NEVER had this issue, I wonder why?  Because vehicles are either client side or a blend of client/server.   And when Desync happens, I don't end up under the map or in outer space, it jitters the car, then all is well in a few seconds.
There IS NO EXCUSE for this after 3 years with vehicles... NONE.  If another player causes my vehicle on the server, that is completely unacceptable.   It's not something players should be willing to accept because, oh well, that's how the game works.  That is a fools logic.  You said a mouthful, ping isn't everything.   When NO ONE IS ON OUR COMMUNITY SERVER and my ping is a constant 30 ms and this kind of shit goes on, IT'S NOT PING.  It was a flawed decision to make it server sided, it's a flawed execution on BI's part, and it's just broken.  We can all stop trying to defend and pretend this is acceptable, please.  NUMBER ONE fix is vehicles, until that is done, everything else is window dressing.  

Everyone screaming, we need bikes!  No!  You don't!  Not while a 4 wheeled vehicle can't maintain itself on mother earth, a 2 wheeled vehicle will bring new meaning to the term "Crotch Rocket".   Every rider will inevitably become an astronaut.   This is so stupid, and BI just ignores this issue.

A video from 2018 that demonstrates the state of vehicle on Spetember 3, 2020.... So these guys work to get a vehicle going and literally drive no less than 20 feet and become rocketmen....  so I guess the game is working "as intended" right, it's obviously the player fault, oh, one guys has a shitty connection, and ALL three suffer, right, right...

2 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

First, this was not my video.  It's an example of things that happen on a server where I and others have a 30 ms ping.It happens on most servers to me and countless others, there are literally hundreds, if not thousands of videos on youtube of this stuff happening.  Is it Desync?  Maybe, but the cause of that desync is where I disagree.  The foundational cause is the travesty that is SERVER AUTHORITY.   I have driven vehicles in other multiplayer games AND NEVER had this issue, I wonder why?  Because vehicles are either client side or a blend of client/server.   And when Desync happens, I don't end up under the map or in outer space, it jitters the car, then all is well in a few seconds.
There IS NO EXCUSE for this after 3 years with vehicles... NONE.  If another player causes my vehicle on the server, that is completely unacceptable.   It's not something players should be willing to accept because, oh well, that's how the game works.  That is a fools logic.  You said a mouthful, ping isn't everything.   When NO ONE IS ON OUR COMMUNITY SERVER and my ping is a constant 30 ms and this kind of shit goes on, IT'S NOT PING.  It was a flawed decision to make it server sided, it's a flawed execution on BI's part, and it's just broken.  We can all stop trying to defend and pretend this is acceptable, please.  NUMBER ONE fix is vehicles, until that is done, everything else is window dressing.  

Everyone screaming, we need bikes!  No!  You don't!  Not while a 4 wheeled vehicle can't maintain itself on mother earth, a 2 wheeled vehicle will bring new meaning to the term "Crotch Rocket".   Every rider will inevitably become an astronaut.   This is so stupid, and BI just ignores this issue.

A video from 2018 that demonstrates the state of vehicle on Spetember 3, 2020.... So these guys work to get a vehicle going and literally drive no less than 20 feet and become rocketmen....  so I guess the game is working "as intended" right, it's obviously the player fault, oh, one guys has a shitty connection, and ALL three suffer, right, right...

Tbh i dont know what kind of community server you play on (maybe way to many mods?) but on our server with NOBODY on it and a ping of 30s the vehicle desinc never happens. 
We can fill up to about 40-50 players, when it starts happening, and even are able to drive a car without extrem issues up to 60-70 players. After that, it gets that way yea - but if that happens already on EMPTY server for you, then its probably an issue with the community server itself and how its set up. Then the server-FPS is on a low 8-15 marge instead of the 2000-4000 you have on an empty community server with propper hardware. 

2 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

Not making excuses mate, just stating observations on what causes it most of the time. It's not the ping itself, it is desync causing the car simulation to go completely bonkers. One very common cause of this desync is someone on the server with shitty internet (and PING is not everything, the quality of the connection is also important). Other causes are crappy server performance for whatever reason or the server itself having gremlins in its connection. On my own server the ONLY time this happens is when this guy is online. My car can be dancing around underground and the second he logs off it snaps back in sync and everyone can drive like it was a rally game. Same on any other server we play on together.

Hence - the simulation needs to be made less sensitive to desync, how they can do that is not my field. (And yeah he needs better internet)

But fact remains - when there is no desync cars work perfectly fine.

Edited by Derleth

The real emergency now is to stop cheating and glitches on public servers and also private servers, full of cheaters in large quantities! At work !

• Like 1

so i finally managed to build the flagpole.

i noticed in the building next to it, the fireplace there now has a small flag symbol next to it. i guess that indicates that the flagpole is in its radius and doesnt despawn the fireplace (til the flag reached the ground).

anyway, i have a tent also in its radius (like 10m away from the flag), but there is no flagsymbol to it. what does that mean?

for the cars flying: i didnt have this issues for a long time. car went crazy one time, and that was then my co-driver lost his inet connection and the car tried to catch up with his position.

4 hours ago, etwas said:

so i finally managed to build the flagpole.

i noticed in the building next to it, the fireplace there now has a small flag symbol next to it. i guess that indicates that the flagpole is in its radius and doesnt despawn the fireplace (til the flag reached the ground).

anyway, i have a tent also in its radius (like 10m away from the flag), but there is no flagsymbol to it. what does that mean?

I was going to ask the same question, I'm in the same situation exactly -

The flag symbol appears on every watchtower, fence, gate, barrels, the fireplace inside the house, and even the small tent in the middle of the base.

But I placed a car tent just outside of the base (~10m from the flag), and it has no flag symbol on it.

1. What is the radius of the flag ? (if it really works on radius...)

2. If I build 2 flag poles inside a base, what happens to the items in between ? how do I know which one covers any item in the base ? For example, if one flag is still raised and the other reaches the bottom, which of items will start to de-spawn ?

3. If I build a base with a flag pole in an area infested with zombies, will it prevent them from spawning inside my base ? Will it prevent animals from spawning there too ?

And a question about the kits - 

Why does it take 3 seconds to place kits, but it takes 12 seconds to fold them ?

Adjusting fences and towers is already a time consuming task as it is...

When they fix the push through the fences, when you climb or go down the stairs (((?

10 hours ago, Tarkules said:

I was going to ask the same question, I'm in the same situation exactly -

The flag symbol appears on every watchtower, fence, gate, barrels, the fireplace inside the house, and even the small tent in the middle of the base.

But I placed a car tent just outside of the base (~10m from the flag), and it has no flag symbol on it.

1. What is the radius of the flag ? (if it really works on radius...)

2. If I build 2 flag poles inside a base, what happens to the items in between ? how do I know which one covers any item in the base ? For example, if one flag is still raised and the other reaches the bottom, which of items will start to de-spawn ?

3. If I build a base with a flag pole in an area infested with zombies, will it prevent them from spawning inside my base ? Will it prevent animals from spawning there too ?

And a question about the kits - 

Why does it take 3 seconds to place kits, but it takes 12 seconds to fold them ?

Adjusting fences and towers is already a time consuming task as it is...

i figured u gotta look on the ground while in the tent and the flagsymbol will show up.

i think the radius is 60m?

curious about point 2 and 3 too.

On 8/29/2020 at 1:25 AM, drgullen said:

I do agree corpses remain far too long.  You should be able to loot a player you killed but you should not be able to respawn and run back to your previous body and loot it.  I think 10 minutes is plenty of time to loot your kill.  You should get that loot not the guy you just killed.  The corpse should vanish after 10 minutes.

I don't agree though with what you said about freshies having full energy and hydration.  As others have pointed out, with full energy to start with, you could go for hours and not eat a thing and never lose any health.  I think that would take away from the survival aspects too much.

Well this just shows your lack of experience in having gun fights because ten minutes is way too short to safely approach a body in many many situations. Think fighting more than 1v1 and you get the gist

• Like 1

On 8/29/2020 at 4:44 PM, Tonyeh said:

The struggle for food should be a core mechanic throughout the game. Not just something that's annoying at the beginning.

As things stand, when you spawn the ONLY thing the player has on their mind is racing around looking for food so the don't starve because the stats are so low. But once you get your stats into the white, it ceases to be a concern. So, what we have is JUST an irritating obstacle at the beginning of the game.

you have a weird perception of the game dude. How long is your avatar alive usually? Managing Water/Health will be a factor repeatedly. Yes ofc if you just consumed a whole cow it will give you peace of mind for some hours...as it should

On 9/3/2020 at 12:41 PM, Tonyeh said:

I wonder if there's any chance that we can get the AK situation fixed for 1.09's release? It's frankly ridiculous the way things are at the moment. Having them essentially impossible to find because so few spawn and what little do are hoarded is a terrible mechanic.

In three months of solid play, I have found ONE KA-74.

so basically all I read from you is whining and complaining about game mechanics or loot and it gets tiresome. Signing off from the discussion about base game mechanics nobody gives a shit about anyway.

• Beans 1

22 hours ago, THEGordonFreeman said:

I drive vehicles and even fly helicopters with no problems. Pick some better servers to play on maybe? I suspect using Gamehosts that squeeze 30 game instances in virtual machines onto one physical box is one of the factors that fuck the experience

Not been an update in a week.. hope that means 1.09 is nearly ready. Also does anyone know why they couldn't implement Russian roulette this time around? Surely all you would need is a wheel spin option when there is 1 round loaded and a bit of code that selects a chamber number 1-6 and then for the player to F11 themselves? Or are am i being naive? idk. Also love the new interior idea but i think more could have been done with it - not to the level of Expansion as it causes lag but i think a bit more could have been added. Saying all that though im glad we got another update so soon, i love this game.

Edited by The Apocalex

2 hours ago, moeb1us said:

I drive vehicles and even fly helicopters with no problems. Pick some better servers to play on maybe? I suspect using Gamehosts that squeeze 30 game instances in virtual machines onto one physical box is one of the factors that fuck the experience

Here's the problem. The fact that you say you fly helicopters tells me you play on Modded servers and not vanilla. You can't judge the game based on modded servers because different rules apply, as well as different loot and vehicles and mechanics. Modded don't necessarily follow the rules of DayZ. If you want to really experience the game as it should be then play Vanilla.

1 hour ago, discipled said:

Here's the problem. The fact that you say you fly helicopters tells me you play on Modded servers and not vanilla. You can't judge the game based on modded servers because different rules apply, as well as different loot and vehicles and mechanics. Modded don't necessarily follow the rules of DayZ. If you want to really experience the game as it should be then play Vanilla.

Server performance and connection quality is the biggest factor, and since mods add to the server load the fact there are servers with heicopters that run fine, that only goes to prove that point. Doesn't change the main issue though - me driving a car shouldn't be affected by MrLag with shit internet on the other side of the map.

4 hours ago, moeb1us said:

Well this just shows your lack of experience in having gun fights because ten minutes is way too short to safely approach a body in many many situations.

I was playing this game long before I joined this forum, so I have had plenty of gun fights I can assure you.  To me, the game is more fun when risk is involved.  Knowing that you've got plenty of time to loot the body, time enough even perhaps to run back to it if you die, doesn't incentivize you to take additional risk.  Knowing that the clock is ticking and the loot will soon be gone is more fun, I think.  If you really want that guy's loot, you may have to risk your life to get it.

19 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Server performance and connection quality is the biggest factor, and since mods add to the server load the fact there are servers with heicopters that run fine, that only goes to prove that point. Doesn't change the main issue though - me driving a car shouldn't be affected by MrLag with shit internet on the other side of the map.

Because those servers don't run vanilla. They only run modded and are community servers. That being said, vanilla servers probably do need better performance. Community and private servers probably have better performance.

8 minutes ago, drgullen said:

I was playing this game long before I joined this forum, so I have had plenty of gun fights I can assure you.  To me, the game is more fun when risk is involved.  Knowing that you've got plenty of time to loot the body, time enough even perhaps to run back to it if you die, doesn't incentivize you to take additional risk.  Knowing that the clock is ticking and the loot will soon be gone is more fun, I think.  If you really want that guy's loot, you may have to risk your life to get it.

I get what you're saying. But this allows for that, but also sitting and waiting to see who may appear if they're multiple opponents. But the current time being 15min is not enough time to get back to ones body in a good 3/4's of the map. I like increasing the time to an hour because what it also does, and I too have been playing this game since 2014, create less certainty on knowing if there are players in the recent area. A body staying around 15min means someone else is at most 15min away. An hour creates uncertainty, especially if there's only 1 body. You just never know if someone is right around the corner or if they're on the other side of the map. Plus, with the increase in loot timers too, we'll be doing a lot more looting of corpses, I believe, for even basic loot. I'll also expect an increase in cannibals, which will create a much dynamic character and player base and experience.

1.09 will effectively change the meta of DayZ. Currently it's, get fed and hydrated, get guns and military loot and go shoot people. This new patch will push players to have more interactions, increase cannibalism, increase uncertainty, create a greater value on bases and the flags will help keep bases more reliable still. It'll be interesting.

Edited by discipled

11 minutes ago, discipled said:

Because those servers don't run vanilla. They only run modded and are community servers. That being said, vanilla servers probably do need better performance. Community and private servers probably have better performance.

Not exactly, vanilla will always perform better than modded on the same hardware. Take your average PC, download the server files and run them "out of the box" and you'll get a server FPS when idle at, for example, 8,000. Now add 30 mods to that, one of them Expansion with the helis and a truckload of other stuff, and the idle server fps will be half of that or less.

So, if some community servers perform better under heavier load, that just means most official servers run on poor hardware. As someone said earlier I'd bet there are clusters of server sessions running on the same computers/virtual machines. 

Another thing though, official servers also need to sync with the Hive to save characters. That shouldn't have much of an impact but it is still a factor.

• Like 1