Greensek

DayZ in 2020

8 hours ago, LEX Pimenov said:

What armа 4? Are you out of your mind? Where does this information come from? What a lie? There are no announcements and information about this anywhere. Where is the server improvement information? 

This is all an empty phrase. I have been following dayz since the advent of the mod. I have 6 К to hours in this game. And this is my favorite game. But developers are just liars. They will not do anything else. I have all the Arma series of games. They do not finish anything. I will not buy any of their games anymore. 

This company destroyed all my childhood dreams of DAYZ. Let them choke on their 19 bucks. This is all a lie and you are cooking in this lie. I was the same as you and also protected them 4 years ago. Stop telling people tales about multicore servers and Arm 4. Stop lying ! Lets attach Proofs!

This is all lies! (((((

If you read the tweet that the guy posted above me... it is confirmed ArmA 4 is in development on full Enfusion engine... Multi core servers altho probably speculation... is based around next logical step to do... because who in great state of mind would leave the servers multi core on server sided game where a lot of core things depend on the server... it's just stupid af... and if it's true that DayZ is a hybrid of Enfusion and RV ( ArmA engine ) then around the time ArmA 4 gets released they will port DayZ to full enfusion giving it access to probably multi core servers i would imagine... because in my opinion server sided is great... you can't have those nasty ArmA desync where a car gets zoomed into you and you both die or some crap like that... and with AMD pumping more and more cores... it's a logical next step to add multi core servers... imagine running single core server on 64 core AMD Epyc CPU jesus christ... they need to figure that shit out and make servers multi core and scale too... because Ryzen Threadripper will most likely dominate the server market and you could host ArmA 4 server on it for cheap... so imagine all those AI... and all the crap... even physics being on server side while leaving you... the client very free of taxing processing of those things so you can have more FPS and can enjoy ArmA 4 in 60fps maybe even 100fps xD Bohemia has to be really stupid NOT to do multi core servers... ArmA 4 has also been in development for some time now... it's really really long time since ArmA 3 released... based on that tweet it's confirmed it's in development since 2018... but we don't know maybe it was in dev before that... 
It was like 4 years in between ArmA 2 and ArmA 3.... but it's like 6 and half years since release of ArmA 3... it's time for new ArmA 4... it's long time... so yeah... ArmA 4 confirmed to be  somewhere between 2020 and 2022 at latest 2023...  more proof of this is that they moved devs from DayZ over to work on the Enfusion engine

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

9 hours ago, thepoey said:

Any truth to this post on reddit?

The whole truth is in games, in their development. ArmA3 and DayZ developed well in the graphic direction. The software part of the code, AI intelligence - suffers, little or slow changes, a lot of problems. Physics is poorly developed or has a lengthy implementation or editing process. The network part - client-server-client data exchange noticeably has problems - lag of interaction, calculation of positioning of players and AI.

Edited by lex__1

7 hours ago, lex__1 said:

The whole truth is in games, in their development. ArmA3 and DayZ developed well in the graphic direction. The software part of the code, AI intelligence - suffers, little or slow changes, a lot of problems. Physics is poorly developed or has a lengthy implementation or editing process. The network part - client-server-client data exchange noticeably has problems - lag of interaction, calculation of positioning of players and AI.

so you don't actually know, got it

• Haha 1

On 4/25/2020 at 1:13 AM, thepoey said:

Any truth to this post on reddit? @Greensek

What @Greensek posted on Adam's behalf (associate Project Lead) remains unchanged, the DayZ development is not closed. Up to late 2019/early 2020, some Bratislava developers were occasionally assisting with a few specific topics. Other developers now provide this support, and the core team hasn't changed, sitting in our Prague studio.

We remain committed to supporting and further develop DayZ in 2020, the next step being the game update 1.08, which we will communicate about in the upcoming weeks.

In the meantime, we are preparing a bigger statement to address all concerns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Beans 3

6 hours ago, kevo1414 said:

@KajMak64Bit2 Funny how modders can do, but Bohemia developers cannot. 

DayZ Expansion mod sometimes get help from the devs... the item throwing mechanics were first in the Expansion mod then the devs made it into vanilla... just with proper animations... i belive DayZ Expansion is being co-developed with DayZ devs they have communications going on that's for sure 

EDIT: Also the helicopter videos i posted is from Pre- Enfusion engine switch that happend in 0.63... at that point DayZ was pretty much modded ArmA 2 and 3 Hybrid... the engine was specifically Take on Helicopters engine... which is funny because there were no helicopters in the game even tho the engine is literally made for helicopters in the first place xD 

Edited by KajMak64Bit2

Forget the crappy Reddit rumour. It was obvious it was nonsense...

When players read the following (which IS true)

“Bohemia Interactive reported "outstanding" financial results for 2019, grossing $68 million and making 4.5 million unit sales.”

... and you realise that  a lot of that money came from DayZ... It does feel like a bit of a ‘fuck you’ to continue development with the bare minimum of staff.

Don’t get me wrong, the game is in a great place right now, but there’s so much more that needs to be done.

I hope that further development of the Enfusion engine will benefit DayZ in the long run, but even the most beloved fans can’t help feeling cynical.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, ThePugman said:

Forget the crappy Reddit rumour. It was obvious it was nonsense...

When players read the following (which IS true)

“Bohemia Interactive reported "outstanding" financial results for 2019, grossing $68 million and making 4.5 million unit sales.”

... and you realise that  a lot of that money came from DayZ... It does feel like a bit of a ‘fuck you’ to continue development with the bare minimum of staff.

Don’t get me wrong, the game is in a great place right now, but there’s so much more that needs to be done.

I hope that further development of the Enfusion engine will benefit DayZ in the long run, but even the most beloved fans can’t help feeling cynical.

but when you think about it we still getting same amount of updates this year... maybe 1 update less... and apparently they gonna be pretty big... we're getting broken bones this year... and changes to base building and other stuff... don't make me mention further engine development... better lightining and shit 😄 can't wait for 1.08

49 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

when you think about it we still getting same amount of updates this year... maybe 1 update less... and apparently they gonna be pretty big... we're getting broken bones this year... and changes to base building and other stuff... don't make me mention further engine development... better lightining and shit 😄 can't wait for 1.08

unfortunately for me all of this will be overshadowedby the lack of bow.  am trying to be optimistic but we are almost 8 patches past official release.  new emgine or not, starting over or not.... they should be looking at getting all pre release content back in before adding anything else.  broken bones would be nice to have again but basebuilding..... should not be tweaked, worked on, or even looked at untill they have all of yhe prerelease content.  am optimistic but skeptical.  thinkin ima give it till 1.10 maybe?  although who knows.  i pretty much tell myself every patch that this one will be the last for me if there is no bow....

7 hours ago, FunkInYourTrunk said:

unfortunately for me all of this will be overshadowedby the lack of bow.  am trying to be optimistic but we are almost 8 patches past official release.  new emgine or not, starting over or not.... they should be looking at getting all pre release content back in before adding anything else.  broken bones would be nice to have again but basebuilding..... should not be tweaked, worked on, or even looked at untill they have all of yhe prerelease content.  am optimistic but skeptical.  thinkin ima give it till 1.10 maybe?  although who knows.  i pretty much tell myself every patch that this one will be the last for me if there is no bow....

Apparently some code related to bows has appeared in the last few updates, so they seem to be working on it. Doesn't necessarily mean it will be coming soon, parts for the V3S were spawning in 1.0 but that damn truck is still nowhere to be seen... I cling to hope though 🙂

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, Derleth said:

Apparently some code related to bows has appeared in the last few updates, so they seem to be working on it. Doesn't necessarily mean it will be coming soon, parts for the V3S were spawning in 1.0 but that damn truck is still nowhere to be seen... I cling to hope though 🙂

literally the greatest thing i have read since 1.0 dropped.  just to know they are even working on bows is huge news.  this gets my heart thumpin again

• Like 1

Finally the helicopters are nigh. Fortunately the modding community know how DayZ was and will be once again, unlike some folk on here these days. You haven't played DayZ if you've not got in the choppper 🤗

• Beans 1

Are you guys deliberately trolling or just clueless? Go read some factual information (i.e. not reddit rumours angled to fit someone's agenda), it is readily available.

• Beans 1

Yeah i read that , but thers Not that much Info ... I Just Hope the Dev Leader is Fired so i can Open my Beer 

EDIT : And No im Not one of the Casual new Players . Im with this Game since the Beginning . Long enough , to start Smyling when i Hear Something Change maybe Finally

Edited by Weapon-Fetish

1 hour ago, Weapon-Fetish said:

Yeah i read that , but thers Not that much Info ... I Just Hope the Dev Leader is Fired so i can Open my Beer 

EDIT : And No im Not one of the Casual new Players . Im with this Game since the Beginning . Long enough , to start Smyling when i Hear Something Change maybe Finally

it's some other team not related to ArmA nor DayZ i think... DayZ devs are still there... developing the game... they changed Project Lead and that guy is much better and we will be getting a better game this year... It's gonna be awesome... year 2020 is the year of DayZ trust me you all will see 😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Derleth said:

Are you guys deliberately trolling or just clueless? Go read some factual information (i.e. not reddit rumours angled to fit someone's agenda), it is readily available. 

Proverb - No smoke without fire.
Author - creator of the game
Sponsor - Players
Since the game is in development, the sponsor wants to know:
- prospects for the development of the game
- game fix steps
- Responses to proposals for the new implementation of features and content.
The author "modestly" informs the sponsor about current events and prospects, which causes an unhealthy atmosphere.

• Thanks 2