Greensek

DayZ in 2020

On 2/26/2020 at 3:32 PM, Max Planck said:

This is the official description of the game:

"DayZ is an unforgiving, authentic, open world sandbox online game where each one of 60 players on a server follows a single goal - to survive as long as they can, by all means necessary. There are no superficial tips, waypoints, built-in tutorials or help given to you. Every decision matters - with no save games, and no extra lives, every mistake can be lethal. If you fail, you lose everything and start over."

This was always the way it was, and I, for one, will be really upset if it changes.

It would be great if it were as you say. There are a lot of problems in the game that create a negative experience. Not all players are able to analyze negative experiences and look for ways to work around problems. Hot problems should be solved faster, and not live in the game from the update session to the new update session. As a rule, acquaintance with the game takes place on official servers. New players get to know the atmosphere of the game - but official servers often provide a very bad experience for players, as they are not controlled, they are not administered. There is no separation between PvP or PvE scripts on official servers. Such a mix of players' interests does not have good prospects. The game is poorly optimized for the PvP scenario, as there is a lot of lag when meeting with players.
If I had less patience, I would have deleted the game in a month. Almost one year after the release of 1.0, I was able to find a PvE server that meets my interests in scripting and server administration.
I understand that it is not your concern to determine the scenario for this game.
But the official scripted servers could provide more for the desired player experience.

Will there ever be a release of the game that will allow offline play? Due to travelling a lot, I don't always have internet and love this game. I really enjoy playing the solo aspect of it and enjoy surviving on my own. I just wish there was an offline mode to still enjoy the game when I don't have internet. Loved this game since I got it just never been able to fully appreciate it and enjoy it enough due to lack of internet.

9 hours ago, Nefelibata_ said:

Will there ever be a release of the game that will allow offline play? Due to travelling a lot, I don't always have internet and love this game. I really enjoy playing the solo aspect of it and enjoy surviving on my own. I just wish there was an offline mode to still enjoy the game when I don't have internet. Loved this game since I got it just never been able to fully appreciate it and enjoy it enough due to lack of internet.

I would add the following - due to the multiple network problems of the game, give the opportunity to play offline with the ability to save the character offline.
This will enable the player, at least solo, not to encounter network game problems.
1. server restart - returned dead
2. server restart - returned, no part of the property
3. departure during a shootout - died
4. flying vehicles - a wrecked car, died
5. server cleaning or Hacker - property loss
6. 1000 + 1 more reason about network game problems

Edited by lex__1

Man, I don't know what to say. This is disappointing. Did the player spike after the new release not convince you that there is a very big dedicated fanbase for this game that still exists? Look at Rust, still going strong after all these years. Finish your game already and you'll get your bucks. You can even release the new features as a DLC, I just don't care anymore. I'll pay you.

On 3/9/2020 at 1:41 AM, TheRealWomtee said:

To be quite frank it's sad to see such a great game and concept, be left to rot. 

Its clear to see that you are new to the game if that is your attitude.

Sure, there are problems - but if you had been around a bit longer you would have been able to see the massive improvements that has been happening.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/8/2020 at 5:41 PM, TheRealWomtee said:

To be quite frank it's sad to see such a great game and concept, be left to rot. 

Personally I am fine with the current state atm, I would always welcome more. But I have my own server and running 46 mods on it and it's a few friends and me that play on it.

I have been able to do with my DayZ server 95% of the things that I was able to do with my old Arma 2 Dayz/Epoch server like adding new and my own custom places to the map. Some mods I have configured to our liking and we all love it. Don't be so bitter.

P.S. And the frames rates are 110% better on this DayZSA.

Edited by jay8454
Post Script

1 hour ago, VVarhead said:

what about ballistics?!!?!?!

Who needs ballistics in a run and gun Shooter? 🤣

27 minutes ago, McWendy said:

Who needs ballistics in a run and gun Shooter? 🤣

Most likely the question is not posed correctly. I have no questions about ballistics. But there are many questions about how to interact with weapons:
- aiming from the prone position (my comments and video on this ticket https://feedback.bistudio.com/T128362)
- bipod
- methods for fixing the rifle barrel on a bipod
- methods of fixing the rifle barrel without bipods
Jumping the rifle barrel at the recoil when fired, as it is now in the game, is typical for people who for the first time in their life hold a rifle in their hands. In the game, there is no way to concentrate effort on compensating the recoil of a rifle barrel.

Edited by lex__1

7 hours ago, maxon-69 said:

Is there bipod in dayz? 

They are not in the game. There is excessive recoil of the barrel on the shot, but what is actually my surprise:
- There is no bipode in the game
- there is no system for reducing barrel recoil
As they say, there is a certain aspect in the game, but it is not fully disclosed, it does not look complete. Unfortunately, the game has some aspects where there is no full amount of logical interaction with objects.

Edited by lex__1

What do you think about a Draisine on the Main Train Track?
There could be more than one one the track. You don't need to implement a detailed collision detection, no physics. Could be a vehicle used by 4 persons and storage. More persons will increase the maximum speed. Speed 10-30 km/h?  If another train is already on the tracks, you cannot pass and have to change.

1024px-Drezyna_442.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Alex Heyne said:

What do you think about a Draisine on the Main Train Track?
There could be more than one one the track. You don't need to implement a detailed collision detection, no physics. Could be a vehicle used by 4 persons and storage. More persons will increase the maximum speed. Speed 10-30 km/h?  If another train is already on the tracks, you cannot pass and have to change.

1024px-Drezyna_442.jpg

This was suggested by the Devs and Community a long time ago. Never made it. Which is weird because its An excellent Idea. Still is. 

You even have mines in chernarus to make the asset plausible...

Good for bringing this one up again. 

Hey Devs forget about heli's and cars. They'll never work properly anyway. Put this one in and bicycles and were good to go. 

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, McWendy said:

Hey Devs forget about heli's and cars. They'll never work properly anyway. Put this one in and bicycles and were good to go.

Hell, bicycles probably would be death machines anyway -- one lag spike and you're dead.  Server lags would no longer be a problem with this being implemented, unless of course you were going too fast towards a buffer stop at the end of a piece of track.

I agree 100% here, let's forget about helis and heck, let's forget about bicycles too -- just adding this alone would allow for a really interesting new way of traveling around the map at an accelerated pace.

@Greensek can you please flag the devs attention on this one?  Is adding something like this achievable with where DayZ development is now?

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 3/18/2020 at 7:20 AM, drgullen said:

Hell, bicycles probably would be death machines anyway -- one lag spike and you're dead.  Server lags would no longer be a problem with this being implemented, unless of course you were going too fast towards a buffer stop at the end of a piece of track.

I agree 100% here, let's forget about helis and heck, let's forget about bicycles too -- just adding this alone would allow for a really interesting new way of traveling around the map at an accelerated pace.

@Greensek can you please flag the devs attention on this one?  Is adding something like this achievable with where DayZ development is now?

Hi, 

I would like to recommend you to read this post, it explains what's is planned for 2020.

I don't have more information to share about adding any vehicles.

22 minutes ago, Greensek said:

Hi, 

I would like to recommend you to read this post, it explains what's is planned for 2020.

I don't have more information to share about adding any vehicles.

So a good suggestion is made. All that was asked for was to pass it along to the Devs. And you respond with a link to a post of yourself (God forbid you actually answer it yourself) and a thread we are allready  in which the suggestion was made......??!!

Wtf.....

Just say you dont care anymore too..... Because your reply showed so much... 

Its official. We have a crappy roadmap. We have Devs set on that road map (clearly with 8 people on the job) Ideas and suggestions are obsolete. Development is nullified and the cheating is rampant.

Its DeadZ..

1 hour ago, McWendy said:

So a good suggestion is made. All that was asked for was to pass it along to the Devs. And you respond with a link to a post of yourself (God forbid you actually answer it yourself) and a thread we are allready  in which the suggestion was made......??!!

Wtf.....

Just say you dont care anymore too..... Because your reply showed so much... 

Its official. We have a crappy roadmap. We have Devs set on that road map (clearly with 8 people on the job) Ideas and suggestions are obsolete. Development is nullified and the cheating is rampant.

Its DeadZ..

That was not the intention of my reply, and I apologize you felt that way.

The point is, according to that statement, we can't expect big things to be added at least until the end of 2020. A new transportation is an actual huge addition in many different ways.

We would like to be more focused in bringing more exciting stuff into the game, bicycles and helis would be an awesome thing to give to the community, but we are focused in stability, and bug-fixing. After that, there will be more room for the additions.

• Like 2

Haha yeahhhhh...All those things that are done before a game reaches public release point...

Mmmm good stuff.

55 minutes ago, Greensek said:

That was not the intention of my reply, and I apologize you felt that way.

The point is, according to that statement, we can't expect big things to be added at least until the end of 2020. A new transportation is an actual huge addition in many different ways.

We would like to be more focused in bringing more exciting stuff into the game, bicycles and helis would be an awesome thing to give to the community, but we are focused in stability, and bug-fixing. After that, there will be more room for the additions.

That was a much better reply. Thnx for that, appreciate it.

The communication is poor at the moment. So the more elaborate you/ we can be the better it Will be overall. 

I know bugfixing is on top of priority as is server stability.

BUT we also need to see (not rumours) that development is ongoing. Development is not bugfixing. We need to see stuff is being done for the long term. Right now only short term is being handled and quite poorly to be frank. 

We who have been here for more then 6 years need more incentive to play/test or keep interested. 

Badly fixing and creating of new bugs is not moving forward..... 

Maybe the topic needs to be changed into: DayZ trying to get into 2020😉

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, McWendy said:

That was a much better reply. Thnx for that, appreciate it.

The communication is poor at the moment. So the more elaborate you/ we can be the better it Will be overall. 

I know bugfixing is on top of priority as is server stability.

BUT we also need to see (not rumours) that development is ongoing. Development is not bugfixing. We need to see stuff is being done for the long term. Right now only short term is being handled and quite poorly to be frank. 

We who have been here for more then 6 years need more incentive to play/test or keep interested. 

Badly fixing and creating of new bugs is not moving forward..... 

Maybe the topic needs to be changed into: DayZ trying to get into 2020😉

My reply was just a very summarized part of that post, and the reason why I linked it to you, it's so you have a better explanation of what is happening right now.

That post is an official communication about DayZ development in 2020, and I advise everyone to read it.

Here is another excerpt of that post: "Please keep in mind that our policy on announcing exact release dates – or when a feature is coming – will not change. We will only make said announcements when we are certain we can deliver within a reasonable time frame – which usually means a feature is already well into its production."

• Like 1

🤦‍♂️🤣 we are misunderstanding eachother i think

Edited by McWendy
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Greensek said:

That post is an official communication about DayZ development in 2020, and I advise everyone to read it.

Here is another excerpt of that post: "Please keep in mind that our policy on announcing exact release dates – or when a feature is coming – will not change. We will only make said announcements when we are certain we can deliver within a reasonable time frame – which usually means a feature is already well into its production."

I can assure you I have read that post.

@Alex Heyne made the suggestion to add a draisine to the game.  Given the fact that the rail system is already in place, I should think adding this type of transportation mode would be much easier than a helicopter or bicycle.

I thought it was a terrific idea and flagged you to suggest it to the devs.  I can assure you that I won't do that ever again since, based on your replies here, the community trying to share ideas with you folks is pointless now it seems.  You've dictated to us what will happen and there's clearly no room for maneuvering from that plan.

It's a shame, really.  Ideas like this keep the game alive.  It'll soon be dead with you folks running the show, though.

• Like 2

Clearly we're being taken for fools. We are not taken serious at all... 

Getting a link to the start of the thread 🤦‍♂️