Greensek

Experimental Update 1.07

2 hours ago, TheBigDDA said:

On console, will night vision goggles be fixed to allow hands free usage like they’re intended to? Instead of having to use them as binoculars.

They already do that, you just need a head strap or a helmet. 

Mhm, seems my exp server won't update, since it is the same build number 1.07.152937 

Can't join with "You were kicked of the game. (Verifying PBO failed: dta\scripts.pbo)

4 minutes ago, Sauwercraud said:

Mhm, seems my exp server won't update, since it is the same build number 1.07.152937 

Can't join with "You were kicked of the game. (Verifying PBO failed: dta\scripts.pbo)

is there something specific i need to do to get my test server to switch to experimental? I have both the experimental client and server running but keep getting Connection Failed when trying to join

Why were notes removed? And anyone know if they will return?

5 minutes ago, ai50 said:

Why were notes removed? And anyone know if they will return?

The feature was not finished, probably a work in progress feature that was drop by mistake ingame since notes and map markers were still full of bugs and devs stuff like random colored markers for example 😛

• Like 1

@Greensek

Game Update 1.07.152937 (07.02.2020)

Game Update 1.07.152937 (04.02.2020)

Same version

Why?

Edited by pr9inichek

The server hopping randomization range needs to be A LOT bigger, maybe even random across the length of both maps. Too many people camp along the possible spawn points, and switching servers even once is basically a death trap. 

• Like 1

On 2/6/2020 at 4:14 PM, thepoey said:

"It's a requirement from Sony."

vs.

"no it isn't" 

I personally don’t know if Sony knows what happens within the Nitrado servers, if it’s not something they actually “look into” at all.

would be an ideal world if there was a work around for it as it defies the whole point in the logic of the game but Sony are Sony.

54 minutes ago, thepoey said:

The server hopping randomization range needs to be A LOT bigger, maybe even random across the length of both maps. Too many people camp along the possible spawn points, and switching servers even once is basically a death trap. 

It needs to go away it is useless, counterproductive and often bugged so that all people end in one spot.

48 minutes ago, thepoey said:

@Greensek

-The whole serverhop feature should be removed, plain and simple. Giving players the option to teleport to the coast at any time is just a bad decision, it adds no value and only ruins the experience on the official servers with the whole coast being just a big pvp zone with fully geared players. It totally disrupts the playerflow inland as well.

-Getting sick after being cold for 30 seconds is also super fucking annoying, I feel this should be a thing only if you're dark blue cold for at least 5 minutes or so, or just be removed completely from the game.

-Please again, bring back the far north east player spawns of Svetlojarsk, Berezhki and Belaya Polana. It gets so old only spawning in the south, and never seeing anyone on the north highway, or pretty much any place up north.

The good things:

-I've really enjoyed struggling more to find food, and for the first time since 0.63 came out I've actually been forced to hunt. This is a great change and I hope you keep it this way. The same with the burning more calories when cold, really adds a challenge and makes for some fun and desperate situations.

-It also seems way less likely to find mosin, blaze and winchesters on the coast, and generally less of these ammo types also, which is fantastic.

-The "personal night light" nerf has been so good for the game, I've had tons of night encounters because people actually have to use light sources now. This is very good and makes the night enjoyable. I feel the night should be cut back to about 45 minutes, with instead longer dusk and dawn. It feels too long night time now with 90? minutes, and dusk and dawn seems to be over in a couple minutes.

• Like 1
  • Beans 2

"EXP 1.07 update today: Game Update 1.07.152937"
"Tweaked: .357 ammunition damage"

It's now set to 105.9 (point-nine) health damage. Last time I checked, a .357 Magnum was not over 4x more powerful than a 9mm. It does much better from a rifle but even then it's only about as powerful as 5.56, not almost 2x as powerful as 7.62x39. Such a high damage number may be a mistake; otherwise the person responsible for ammo configuration needs to do additional research on the rounds' characteristics.

vZ2tfVG.png

Will we get m4’s in the console?? Because I haven’t found one since 6.3 

• Haha 1

After playing again for a while:

1. Repairing an item takes it again from badly damaged to worn in one go. Is that change intentional or some oversight? Seriously, make your minds up about how the game should work and stick with it! If you keep changing the game mechanics, relabel it to early alpha build.

2. Consumables taken from inventory to hands have their reservation slot in the inventory and that reservation slot does no go away when they are consumed. Fortunately, this is a visual bug only, other items can be placed in the apparently reserved space. 

3 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

After playing again for a while:

1. Repairing an item takes it again from badly damaged to worn in one go. Is that change intentional or some oversight? Seriously, make your minds up about how the game should work and stick with it! If you keep changing the game mechanics, relabel it to early alpha build.

2. Consumables taken from inventory to hands have their reservation slot in the inventory and that reservation slot does no go away when they are consumed. Fortunately, this is a visual bug only, other items can be placed in the apparently reserved space. 

I think the repairing stuff is a bug, it happens randomly both ways with me. And yeah, I've noticed the reserved grayout bug too, it goes away if you take the bugged clothing in hands and back.

Have anyone noticed more game crashes since that last patch? I've crashed 3 times in about 4 hours today, but it may be my pc, not sure.

13 hours ago, TAMW said:

Have anyone noticed more game crashes since that last patch? I've crashed 3 times in about 4 hours today, but it may be my pc, not sure.

Only one crash, but I've generally had issues with access violation error after reinstalling my PC. Now that seems to be resolved it's fine again. 

It's nice to see that we can get sick (common cold/ flu) from running around in the cold now.

But in my honest opinion this is way too easy to happen. You can get this after about 5 mins of being cold, then you have the coughing and sneezing almost non stop.

The time it takes to get the cold/flu should be quite a bit longer, and the amount of coughing sneezing is WAY to often. I get that you want to highlight it and make players aware they have it with audio cues/prompts.

But it is waaaaaay to often. It's almost non stop and to be honest it's just annoying AF after you've been listening to your character coughing/sneezing non stop for 30m to 1hr as you look for vitamins/painkillers. Not even sure if this is what "cures it" I would appreciate someone telling me how you do cure it, if this is not the case.

After 30m you're basically praying that you get shot or contemplating shooting yourself (I've actually killed myself twice now) because the non stop coughing/sneezing/spluttering is so bloody annoying.

• Like 1

@Greensek

Should we expect a map wipe due the implementation of the new assets (amusement parks) ?

If not, what will happen if I have a base or a buried stash in 1.06 right where the assets should be in 1.07 ?

6 hours ago, GeordieMarv said:

The time it takes to get the cold/flu should be quite a bit longer, and the amount of coughing sneezing is WAY to often. I get that you want to highlight it and make players aware they have it with audio cues/prompts.

But it is waaaaaay to often. It's almost non stop and to be honest it's just annoying AF after you've been listening to your character coughing/sneezing non stop for 30m to 1hr as you look for vitamins/painkillers. Not even sure if this is what "cures it" I would appreciate someone telling me how you do cure it, if this is not the case.

After 30m you're basically praying that you get shot or contemplating shooting yourself (I've actually killed myself twice now) because the non stop coughing/sneezing/spluttering is so bloody annoying.

It's the schism of DayZ, same goes for other elements like thirst and hunger. There is always the argument that it cannot be just a simulation, but these should not be the areas of gamification. Your character getting all sick, nearly dying and making a full recovery withing less than a day (of accelerated time no less!) just isn't something that should be happening. There should be stuff that you can experience only if you survive long enough.

On 2/7/2020 at 5:24 PM, TAMW said:

@Greensek

-The whole serverhop feature should be removed, plain and simple. Giving players the option to teleport to the coast at any time is just a bad decision, it adds no value and only ruins the experience on the official servers with the whole coast being just a big pvp zone with fully geared players. It totally disrupts the playerflow inland as well.

I personally think it adds alot of value, i mean if the alternative means people can combat log without consequence, and even ghost to gain a strategic advantage then i think there's alot value in the new system. The old system you would have to rely on the other player to not exploit these things & from my experience you can't rely on them, infact you should be anticipating them to exploit. If the issue is playerflow and exploiting the system to get to the coast, then maybe there just needs to be more server hop spawns inland as well, I'm not sure if it can take your last known location and allocate you to the nearest spawn, otherwise people would be exploiting hop spawns to get up to nwaf as well.

Either way i agree that the current system isn't great, however the one before was way worse, i cannot even begin to conceive how anyone could even suggest it come back, it blows my mind, maybe you know something i don't? Maybe you never experienced somebody spawning behind you, or shooting at you only to combat log (probably attempting to ghost) This was routine for me with the old system, and even when it doesn't happen you're thinking about it, which just decimates the immersion. That's just my opinion though, not sure how you could argue against it, actually curious if there's one valid point to be made to bring back the old system that couldn't be solved by adding more hop spawns. Sorry if this comes off hostile, i don't hate people for their opinions, I'm just hating the opinion itself lol.

Edited by Robzom11

@Robzom11 being against the current system does not mean I want the old system to return. 

Combat logging will always be a thing, 15 seconds is just enough to log off unless the other guy is right on top of you, but that is unrelated to server hopping. Or at least not directly.

As for server hopping, the current system is even worse than the old. Because not only you can escape a fight, but you can escape the area entirely! We've already done it and it works, after going all the way north and into quite dangerous territory around Tisy, you just hop to another sever and voila you're tens of kilometers away, in safety. At least in the old system you got stuck where you were, no shortcuts. Now you have a literal teleport. Not to mention that we successfully used this new system to regroup, after one of use died, as it has the tendency to spawn you in one area. Tell me again how this bs is better 🙂

So in the end, one quick fix is to displace players in a reasonable radius, and outside buildings of ocurse, the other is to remove server hives. Both options will accomplish exactly what is needed for now. More complex options can be explored later.

Instead we have this stillborn idea which the devs refuse to revisit even for a quick fix.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

On 2/7/2020 at 9:10 PM, pr9inichek said:

@Greensek

Same version

Why?

The exe file was not changed, only pbo files. In this case, the game version stays the same.

On 2/7/2020 at 11:24 PM, TAMW said:

@Greensek

-Getting sick after being cold for 30 seconds is also super fucking annoying, I feel this should be a thing only if you're dark blue cold for at least 5 minutes or so, or just be removed completely from the game.

-Please again, bring back the far north east player spawns of Svetlojarsk, Berezhki and Belaya Polana. It gets so old only spawning in the south, and never seeing anyone on the north highway, or pretty much any place up north.

The good things:

-I've really enjoyed struggling more to find food, and for the first time since 0.63 came out I've actually been forced to hunt. This is a great change and I hope you keep it this way. The same with the burning more calories when cold, really adds a challenge and makes for some fun and desperate situations.

-It also seems way less likely to find mosin, blaze and winchesters on the coast, and generally less of these ammo types also, which is fantastic.

-The "personal night light" nerf has been so good for the game, I've had tons of night encounters because people actually have to use light sources now. This is very good and makes the night enjoyable. I feel the night should be cut back to about 45 minutes, with instead longer dusk and dawn. It feels too long night time now with 90? minutes, and dusk and dawn seems to be over in a couple minutes.

About the server hop. Imagine you see a base you want to raid which is right in front of you, without server hop, you could just change to a different server, walk a few steps, log back to your original server and suddenly you are inside the base. Server hopping avoids that.

Cold + North East Spawns: Passing the feedback to our dev team.

On 2/8/2020 at 4:56 AM, -Gews- said:

"EXP 1.07 update today: Game Update 1.07.152937"
"Tweaked: .357 ammunition damage"

It's now set to 105.9 (point-nine) health damage. Last time I checked, a .357 Magnum was not over 4x more powerful than a 9mm. It does much better from a rifle but even then it's only about as powerful as 5.56, not almost 2x as powerful as 7.62x39. Such a high damage number may be a mistake; otherwise the person responsible for ammo configuration needs to do additional research on the rounds' characteristics.

vZ2tfVG.png

Any numbers we have right for our weapons/bullets are not final. The current damage on the .357 is something we are still testing, we can always change depending on our needs, and our community feedback. Thank you for your input, I'll pass the feedback to the dev team.

16 hours ago, Tarkules said:

@Greensek

Should we expect a map wipe due the implementation of the new assets (amusement parks) ?

If not, what will happen if I have a base or a buried stash in 1.06 right where the assets should be in 1.07 ?

That would be really unfortunate 🙂

Stashes in that area should be lost, and base buildings will probably get clipped through.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Greensek said:

About the server hop. Imagine you see a base you want to raid which is right in front of you, without server hop, you could just change to a different server, walk a few steps, log back to your original server and suddenly you are inside the base. Server hopping avoids that.

I might have misunderstood, but I think he meant to remove the hive system entirely. As long as you can swap server at will there will be problems with either ghosting into bases or "hopping" from inland to the coast, do away with the shared hives and you remove a lot of problems. I know that for some reason the hive system is popular and unlikely to be removed, but I honestly don't understand the point. It's not like starting over on a new server is a major hurdle, we are always just one bullet away from starting fresh at the coast anyway and since bases and stashes stay on the server it really is not that big of a deal. To be frank I think a lot of players simply grew accustomed to being able too safely loot up by hopping between empty servers, and then once geared they went to a high pop server to pewpew. The hive system was always an open invitation to meta gaming and exploitation. The teleport has just changed the how.

As for far north east spawns, are they really removed? That must have been recently in that case? Checking the server files there are still spawn positions in Berezhki at least. If they have been reduced then yes, I agree they should be brought back. Concentrating player spawns in the south and east invites beach fight club and/or griefing by geared characters who teleport there from inland.

Edited by Derleth
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Derleth said:

As for far north east spawns, are they really removed? That must have been recently in that case? Checking the server files there are still spawn positions in Berezhki at least. If they have been reduced then yes, I agree they should be brought back. Concentrating player spawns in the south and east invites beach fight club and/or griefing by geared characters who teleport there from inland.

@Greensek Ditto, Berezhki is such a nice place to spawn at 🙂 unless you guys are making some changes to that area with interesting objects/loot. Similar to the checkpoint in the west. Then it is understandable you want to keep players farther away. 

Edited by William Sternritter
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Derleth said:

I might have misunderstood, but I think he meant to remove the hive system entirely. As long as you can swap server at will there will be problems with either ghosting into bases or "hopping" from inland to the coast, do away with the shared hives and you remove a lot of problems. I know that for some reason the hive system is popular and unlikely to be removed, but I honestly don't understand the point. It's not like starting over on a new server is a major hurdle, we are always just one bullet away from starting fresh at the coast anyway and since bases and stashes stay on the server it really is not that big of a deal. To be frank I think a lot of players simply grew accustomed to being able too safely loot up by hopping between empty servers, and then once geared they went to a high pop server to pewpew. The hive system was always an open invitation to meta gaming and exploitation. The teleport has just changed the how.

We understand that some players try to take advantage of server hopping, but we still don't see it so negative to the point of considering taking it out.

There's always players who like to bring their characters to different servers, and now even different maps, so unless it becomes a problem, it should stay for now.

3 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

@Greensek Ditto, Berezhki is such a nice place to spawn at 🙂 unless you guys are making some changes to that area with interesting objects/loot. Similar to the checkpoint in the west. Then it is understandable you want to keep players farther away. 

Those spawn points are still there 🙂