Tom_48_97

Moving into 2020

22 hours ago, XCITEDMAN said:

There are 4 days left in January.  Can we expect the roadmap by Friday or not?

Yesterday I created a reddit post with this same question - it was immediately deleted by moderators (it might have been a bug though, I'm implying nothing 🙂 )

On 1/27/2020 at 9:40 AM, XCITEDMAN said:

There are 4 days left in January.  Can we expect the roadmap by Friday or not?

i would not put money on it 

I doubt they will share their internal roadmap, at most we'll get a rundown of the general goals of the year. Anyone who expects a detailed roadmap and content plan will be disappointed.

Me, I want the things I list below back asap and I'm happy. More "content" filling is bountiful from modding so not very urgent.

* Improvised bow

* Broken bones

* V3S truck

* Magnum & repeater

* Written notes

* Spray painting

* Proper stabbing animation (aka Return of the Pointy Stick!)

This is not to mention the obvious stuff like stabilising vehicle physics, fixing desync/Inventory bugs and improving server performance.

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

So what's up with duplicating? I came across a base in Livonia while playing on Xbox about 2 weeks ago and it was packed with weapons. I was gonna try to destroy everything but apparently the owners were on so I couldn't. I thought this was fixed and I haven't see anyone talking about it, so does anyone know what's up?

2 hours ago, Whert said:

So what's up with duplicating? I came across a base in Livonia while playing on Xbox about 2 weeks ago and it was packed with weapons. I was gonna try to destroy everything but apparently the owners were on so I couldn't. I thought this was fixed and I haven't see anyone talking about it, so does anyone know what's up?

Guessing it was a private server? They could have looted it all over time doesn’t have too be duplicating(I myself haven’t heard/seen anything about duping for a while now)

On 12/19/2019 at 10:30 AM, Tom_48_97 said:

With 2020 around the corner, we are finishing our new roadmap, and we will share our goals, highlight the key updates, and talk a bit about this second year of post-release support, in January. 

Are you guys still going to do this?

On 12/19/2019 at 10:30 AM, Tom_48_97 said:

Although working on small new content, we remain committed to improving the game stability and performance.

I ask because I'm really curious about what this means.

• Like 1

will you revert back to rv4 in 2020? your "next gen engine" cant handle 5 god damn cars on 60 pop server just go back to old engine which actually worked also plz take dayz off of consoles its holding pc port back since everything needs to be dumbed down for controller. you released vigor on cosoles why ruin dayz i want complex gun mechanics i want complex controls i want dayz mod but expanded upon but i wont get that since your xbox noobs cant play dayz with their 2 sticks and 4 buttons so me on pc i get dumbed down version of dayz mod great amazing and you start selling dlc before game even left alpha.... may god be with us for arma 4

• Like 1

On 1/29/2020 at 7:03 AM, Whert said:

I would have despawned everything lol 

On 1/30/2020 at 5:37 PM, juggernaut9631 said:

will you revert back to rv4 in 2020? your "next gen engine" cant handle 5 god damn cars on 60 pop server just go back to old engine which actually worked also plz take dayz off of consoles its holding pc port back since everything needs to be dumbed down for controller. you released vigor on cosoles why ruin dayz i want complex gun mechanics i want complex controls i want dayz mod but expanded upon but i wont get that since your xbox noobs cant play dayz with their 2 sticks and 4 buttons so me on pc i get dumbed down version of dayz mod great amazing and you start selling dlc before game even left alpha.... may god be with us for arma 4

not the engines fault all that much it's just that servers are not multicore like ArmA's probably and once they make servers use more cores all issues with DayZ will be fixed.. and simplified gunplay and mechanics are not due to consoles i think but because they need to make things that were before on the new engine... so really it's just the problem that servers run mostly on single core and DayZ is really server intensive... that's why we get good fps.. almost everything is moved server side... so car physics are done on the server so if server lags... car flies.. simple... it's not the games fault... or somewhat the engines fault it's just single core heavy server sides...so please devs make multi core server utilization happen 😄

Im very disappointed. I was always hopeful and I actually still think that we might at least get some of the legacy features back, but for example choppers.. I dont think its ever gonna happen by BI.

Bones and a more fleshed out medical system is of the utmost importance. Its ridiculous that the system was such a barebones version in 1.0 and even after, I guess bones were "flavor" as well, so the version was just "bare". 

But yeah, I think the real downfall was not with the engine problems and swap and not with all the dev't problems before and after, but with the release on consoles. Everybody knew that once 1.0 hits the dev't would slow down to a crawl, but the fact that BI went greedily to the console markets, whilst saying that "it wont affect the PC version dev't negatively" now they are saying how "we would like to dedicate more time for each update this year and thus will leave bigger gaps between the updates to make sure we have more time to prepare for all platforms".

I know there are separate people working on the console versions as well, but things need to be clearly done in a certain way in order to get things working on consoles better. I think the shamefully barebones, "flavorless", incomplete 1.0 release is, in hindsight, proof of how that greedy decision made it worse for PC as well. 

Bohemia Interactive, I am very disappointed in you. I wanted to believe in this game but this new road map and redistributing of devs is just a nail on the coffin, DayZ wont even get all the legacy features back. Your company was thus added to the list of boycotted companies I have and I will recommend everyone I know to do the same. Boycott everything your produce or publish. You guys are one of companies that I regard as greedy liars now.

Everybody who buys Livonia is also a part of the problem. We need to have the legacy features back before any more DLC. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2020 at 3:24 PM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

and simplified gunplay and mechanics are not due to consoles i think but because they need to make things that were before on the new engine...

WRONG!

On 2/6/2020 at 1:22 PM, p4nnus said:

Everybody who buys Livonia is also a part of the problem. We need to have the legacy features back before any more DLC. 

this, this and 45676550x this

Edited by TheSzepy

7 hours ago, TheSzepy said:

this, this and 45676550x this

You can't have one without the other.  BI is a company trying to make money.  How else are they supposed to make money from DayZ at this point other than DLC?  If you want more legacy features put back into the game, you'll need development to continue.  For development to continue, DayZ needs to continue to generate income.  To generate income, they'll need something to sell.  Since the game has released on PC and consoles, what else is there to sell other than DLC?  They haven't announced anything yet, but I would bet we'll get more DLC at some point in 2020.

Don't misunderstand me here -- I'm not some "fanboy" as people like to say on here.  I think the development of this game has been ridiculously slow and was released with way too many components missing that were previously in the old engine.  But we are where we are now -- it's 2020, the 8th calendar year of DayZ SA.  If you want BI to keep working on it, they'll need funding for that, otherwise development will simply end.  I'm sorry, but anyone who says "everybody who bought Livonia is also part of the problem" is simply not understanding how business or game/software development works.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, juggernaut9631 said:

WRONG!

you do understand that this is a new engine with different programming language meaning the game has been programmed from scratch again with almost no legacy code remaining... it's totally different under the hood... ask a dev he'll say the same and confirm my theory

1 hour ago, drgullen said:

You can't have one without the other.  BI is a company trying to make money.  How else are they supposed to make money from DayZ at this point other than DLC?  If you want more legacy features put back into the game, you'll need development to continue.  For development to continue, DayZ needs to continue to generate income.  To generate income, they'll need something to sell.  Since the game has released on PC and consoles, what else is there to sell other than DLC?  They haven't announced anything yet, but I would bet we'll get more DLC at some point in 2020.

Don't misunderstand me here -- I'm not some "fanboy" as people like to say on here.  I think the development of this game has been ridiculously slow and was released with way too many components missing that were previously in the old engine.  But we are where we are now -- it's 2020, the 8th calendar year of DayZ SA.  If you want BI to keep working on it, they'll need funding for that, otherwise development will simply end.  I'm sorry, but anyone who says "everybody who bought Livonia is also part of the problem" is simply not understanding how business or game/software development works.

The problem is, they're not using that money for DayZ. And trust me, they made a lot of money with the original sales, the console sales and the Livonia sales. The fact that the team got reduced shows us that the money isn't going to DayZ but rather to another game or something else.

7 minutes ago, IMT said:

The problem is, they're not using that money for DayZ. And trust me, they made a lot of money with the original sales, the console sales and the Livonia sales. The fact that the team got reduced shows us that the money isn't going to DayZ but rather to another game or something else.

While there's some truth to what you say here IMT and despite the reduction in team size, they still have salaried employees working on DayZ and they still have official servers to pay for, so BI is definitely spending money on DayZ -- as long as that's the case, DayZ will need to be generating income.  Previous earnings are irrelevant to those controlling the purse strings -- for continued development of a product, it has to have potential of bringing money into the company -- for DayZ, that means DLC.

1 minute ago, drgullen said:

While there's some truth to what you say here IMT and despite the reduction in team size, they still have salaried employees working on DayZ and they still have official servers to pay for, so BI is definitely spending money on DayZ -- as long as that's the case, DayZ will need to be generating income.  Previous earnings are irrelevant to those controlling the purse strings -- for continued development of a product, it has to have potential of bringing money into the company -- for DayZ, that means DLC.

That's true but as I stated multiple times before, if they finished the game and then sold DLC's and maybe even waited with the console releases, they wouldt've generated more income across the board and are able to sell multiple DLC's without any complaints. But instead they slowly choke DayZ and try to milk it as much as they can while lying and betraying the community, including the die-hard fans who have been waiting for a completed product all this time.

13 minutes ago, IMT said:

That's true but as I stated multiple times before, if they finished the game and then sold DLC's and maybe even waited with the console releases, they wouldt've generated more income across the board and are able to sell multiple DLC's without any complaints. But instead they slowly choke DayZ and try to milk it as much as they can while lying and betraying the community, including the die-hard fans who have been waiting for a completed product all this time.

We could go 'round and 'round on this all day I think, but safe to say we're both disappointed with where things are.

I agree, it would have been better to finish the game first, but I think they bit off more than they could chew, development of the new engine took longer and was more difficult than they expected and we get back to my point -- the suits didn't want to keep spending money without more money coming in.  Initially, that meant releasing early and selling it on console, now it means DLC.  No new income = no new development -- sad, but true.   

18 hours ago, drgullen said:

If 2,000,000+ sold copies(lets count with EA 23€ price, which is over 46 million euro, which is over 1.2 BILLION CZK, and that is A LOT for some big companies here, let alone for BI which has only around 400 employees,maybe even less, in 2017 they had 220 of them) are not enough to generate money which would last till the end of development cycle then you(BI) are doing something wrong, and it’s not like they dont earn enough of them from all their games, as can be seen in their yearly financial/share holders/whatever it is report for year 2017 https://or.justice.cz/ias/ui/vypis-sl-detail?dokument=55955006&subjektId=298178&spis=81160  (PDF at bottom, but in czech only), this report is for the year 2017 and even there they admit they sold SEVERAL MILLIONS of dayz copies, so i guess it is WAY more then 2 millions i used for the callculation at the beggining of the post, so these arguments about "not enough money for development to continue/finish" are absolutely INVALID and everyone who is still trying to defend them(i know you’re not, but some others here) in 2020 after dozens and dozens of broken promises is just blind and should not even be self-lawful(not sure if this is the right translation of this word), and ofcourse this https://segmentnext.com/2013/02/20/dayz-standalone-wont-charge-for-dlc/ , one of those dozens broken promises.

E:
i forgot to add, all of you who is still trying to defend this game, ask yourself, do you feel like the product you’re playing/trying to defend/whatever is worth the 46 Million € in gross revenue? dont forgot that these numbers are from the end of 2017, which means before price increase and before console/PC releases

Edited by TheSzepy

22 minutes ago, TheSzepy said:

If 2,000,000+ sold copies(lets count with EA 23€ price, which is over 46 million euro, which is over 1.2 BILLION CZK, and that is A LOT for some big companies here, let alone for BI which has only around 400 employees,maybe even less, in 2017 they had 220 of them) are not enough to generate money which would last till the end of development cycle then you(BI) are doing something wrong, and it’s not like they dont earn enough of them from all their games, as can be seen in their yearly financial/share holders/whatever it is report for year 2017 https://or.justice.cz/ias/ui/vypis-sl-detail?dokument=55955006&subjektId=298178&spis=81160  (PDF at bottom, but in czech only), this report is for the year 2017 and even there they admit they sold SEVERAL MILLIONS of dayz copies, so i guess it is WAY more then 2 millions i used for the callculation at the beggining of the post, so these arguments about "not enough money for development to continue/finish" are absolutely INVALID and everyone who is still trying to defend them(i know you’re not, but some others here) in 2020 after dozens and dozens of broken promises is just blind and should even be self-lawful(not sure if this is the right translation of this word), and ofcourse this https://segmentnext.com/2013/02/20/dayz-standalone-wont-charge-for-dlc/ , one of those dozens broken promises.

Exactly, you don't blow away let's say 30 to 35 millions just by salaries with a team of about 100 (not sure what the numbers of DayZ devs were back then). And that's with the assumption that they only used the money they got from DayZ, which of course isn't true. Remember, they bought a tank, a T-72 to be precise. Don't believe me? Look it up. With those kind of expenses, I would blow through those millions as well. It's just the suit people not wanting to give the game some love and only want to milk the game.

On 1/29/2020 at 1:43 AM, lJamesHalel1 said:

wasn't a private server, and it was definitely wasn't acquired over time they had like 10 tents 4 car tents and *Aks with drum mags and svds just laying on the floor.

Edited by Whert