kacper46

General direction and bitter thoughts

On 12/27/2019 at 10:24 AM, sneakydude said:

Game got a new map? Fuck no... Fix the first one.

LMAO

And whats wrong with the first one?

It blows my mind that they veered away from what the mod was, thats what had millions of people playing, its what the true fans enjoyed, and its exactly what SA should have been; A remade version of the mod with significantly less bugs (such as leg breaking). Instead, we got a completely different game with significantly MORE bugs. Its f******* 6 years into this game and they still haven’t figured out how to make the inventory work, are you serious, its an utter joke. And when people got on SA and realized it was nothing like what we had been playing for a couple years, that fan base left and what was left was the hardcore simmers who have been advocating for all these ridiculous features. Such a shame and waste, luckily modders are figuring out what to do but there are still so many A-level basic ass bugs that still are not addressed. Whats hilarious, is that before mods this game had 2-3 thousand people playing. Now that the game is becoming more like how the mod was, there 16-18 thousand everyday. The reality is, they waited too long to let modders figure out the game and let the sim dorks dictate how the game should be played. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrGriffyO said:

It blows my mind that they veered away from what the mod was, thats what had millions of people playing, its what the true fans enjoyed, and its exactly what SA should have been; A remade version of the mod with significantly less bugs (such as leg breaking). Instead, we got a completely different game with significantly MORE bugs. Its f******* 6 years into this game and they still haven’t figured out how to make the inventory work, are you serious, its an utter joke. And when people got on SA and realized it was nothing like what we had been playing for a couple years, that fan base left and what was left was the hardcore simmers who have been advocating for all these ridiculous features. Such a shame and waste, luckily modders are figuring out what to do but there are still so many A-level basic ass bugs that still are not addressed. Whats hilarious, is that before mods this game had 2-3 thousand people playing. Now that the game is becoming more like how the mod was, there 16-18 thousand everyday. The reality is, they waited too long to let modders figure out the game and let the sim dorks dictate how the game should be played. 

Dont kid yourself. The rise in players comes because of Livonia. Its new its fresh. It Will dry up again. Guess who Will Stay..... Again...

Right....your beloved simmers. Who kept the game alive. Stayed and contributed to this DayZ project. 

Not to cater another generic crapshooter

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Beans 2

Haha, you’re funny. First, Livonia was a good move in the aspect that people are going to come back and see the games re-worked but only because of mods and the real fan base will make a return slowly but surely. 

Next, “generic crap shooter” I bet you never even played the mod, and if you did, was it just another GCS? The answer is no, DayZ is unique to any other game and with out these nerd mechanics it would still be unique to ANY other game. That doesn’t change, simulation or more like the mod, the game is still unique, but you don’t understand that. 

Finally, contributed to the “DayZ project” ? You mean slowly killed the game and made the majority of the fanbase leave , yeah okay buddy if thats what you call a contribution then whatever helps you sleep at night so be it. You’re wrong, and you know it, you just want the game to be something it shouldn’t have ever been- a dorky, nerdy, running simulator littered with more bugs than the mod.

• Haha 2
  • Beans 1

I played the mod. Hell I liked it. Did i like epoch/overpoch? No i didn't. 

For the rest your post doesn't require any more replies from me. Just a bunch of assumptions and opinions. Nothing more. 

• Haha 2

Not quite, but good riddance to you, I hope time will tell and for see the game to return to what it was always made to be. 

Something I quickly noticed is how vocal you simmers are, which has generated a disproportionate view of what the game should be and the direction it should go in. Either or, the game is still far off in terms or bugs and is very far off from what it originally was which had millions of people watching and playing daily, if only these devs could think through and see whats in front of them and not listen to you dorks. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 12/24/2019 at 4:14 PM, McWendy said:

I Just want to fish and Hunt. All the while eating everyone who tries to shoot me on my fishing trip.

😁

I will answer you with your buddy's quote, you seem to be on the same level:

On 12/10/2019 at 12:11 PM, Just Caused said:

On 12/10/2019 at 10:14 AM, William Sternritter said:

No. Go play another game, there's plenty.

How am I supposed to answer you? No argumentation, no logic conclusions or discussion. You just self righteously ended the topic without providing any intellectual effort on your side.

On 12/10/2019 at 11:46 AM, McWendy said:

Wrong game you are playing.. .

Stop making this a dumb down version of pubg 

Id say we even need MORE realism

Same as above.

On 12/10/2019 at 7:06 PM, DoctorScandalous said:

But that's just like... your opinion, man.

Yes it is. And what exactly did you bring to this topic? Any input besides quoting the dude?

On 12/11/2019 at 6:39 PM, drgullen said:

Cause yeah, it's DayZ, it's primarily a PvE game, it's not meant to be a PvP game.

In which stone have you seen it carved? Where is it written? Can you provide any material proof that this game is indeed primarily PvE? 

On 12/13/2019 at 6:37 PM, Buakaw said:

Starting to think this is jut a (successful) bait to trigger all the hardcore survival vets of the forum

No it was not a bait. But what is below was:

On 12/22/2019 at 9:58 PM, kacper46 said:

What do you do in this game? Describe it to me, please.

Nobody tried to describe what do they do after joining the server. Fish? Hunt for bandits? Build a base? Look for loot? And after that what comes next for you? Is hate talk all you can do? No one is willing to accept the challenge and simply describe to me what happens between your emerging on the coast and dying somewhere in the north.

On 12/14/2019 at 9:29 PM, aaronlands said:

Yes this has to be the DayZ equivalent of "A Modest Proposal" (A satirical essay from the 1700s where the author suggests that poor people sell their young as food).

Oh! You cite an essay. You must be a rather clever guy. I'm proud to have you here in this thread. 

On 12/23/2019 at 6:05 PM, Survivor514 said:

DayZ devs... Please do not listen to OP. I will not have a game to play... I love this game, please do not turn it into "yet another pew pew shooter". Thanks.

You have reduced my proposition of changes to "yet another pew pew shooter". Only a very simple thought process could lead to such assumption. 

On 12/24/2019 at 1:24 PM, McWendy said:

You answered your own question.

It might come as a shock to you but it is a sort of question that can be and was supposed to be answered by many. I did not, however, describe what I do in game, only mentioned an occasional detail (that sometimes I log just to run and listen to the sounds)

As for the steering in the shooter direction...... No Just no.....

Is that all? My answer is: yes, just yes!

Do you even Read what you type or Just spew? 

Do you?

On 12/24/2019 at 3:54 PM, EzyStriderPS4 said:

Remember, guns aren't just meant to "PvP," they are also to be used for self-defense against aggressors. 

This is an infringement of player choice and in-game freedom.

Self-defense is a PVP situation so you just said that guns ar not only for PvP but also for PvP. I am being a dick now.

By telling me that this is not a PvP game you actually deny me my in-game freedom of choice, also by saying that it is supposed to be more simulation of fighting animals, weather and zombies and not other players.

None of you hardcore survival vets commented my screenshots? Maybe you didn't recognize the game? So I challenge you all to post a screenshot from DayZ Mod or other similar mod a tell me a story of what you do in the Standalone 1.0+, you can skip the screens if you want. I'm interested in you stories and ideas on how you play, live and die in this game?

PS. Let me tease you with another screenshot:

8BA44F336414D21F54B8487460F198A14B28F2DF

Edited by kacper46
  • Like 2

@kacper46

Just because you write the words reason and argument, it does not mean you provide some. Challenge yourself and read any of the topics on what to do in this game, there are plenty and you will quickly understand what we "simmers" do in this game ... or perhaps you wont. 

That will not change the facts, that a survival game, based on a military simulation will never be another CoD, just because there used to be a bazilion of guns once upon a time in a mod. Challenge yourself again and learn why Dean Hall created the mod. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, kacper46 said:

Can you provide any material proof that this game is indeed primarily PvE? 

I can.  Load into any official vanilla server as a freshie.  Check your inventory -- what have you got in there?  Next to nothing.  Where are you?  On the coast, nowhere near any good weapons.  In a little while, you'll be thirsty and hungry and if you do nothing about that, you'll soon be dead.  Does any of that sound like a PvP game to you?

As William said, educate yourself about Dean Hall's original concept of the standalone.  I'll start you off -- here's a Hall quote from back in 2012 when Bohemia first announced that DayZ would become its own standalone game: "ArmA was designed for a pretty broad purpose, but it was designed as a military simulator," Hall said in an interview with Ars. "The purpose of DayZ is very different, so that's why it needs to make the transition." Source: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2012/08/from-mod-to-game-how-dayz-will-evolve-as-a-standalone-release/

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Yes yes yes yes yes. Thank you so much OP for pointing out the painfully obvious truth that the authentic path of DayZ is a PvP-focused, military mayhem! Don't let this handful of unemployed, thought-policing, "hardcore veterans" who lurk these servers all day and all night just to attack anyone who disagrees with their flawed, poorly-thought-out vision of the game dissuade you. Your arguments are well-reasoned and almost impossible to refute (and any refutation would simply result in a minor amendment). I can tell that you, like myself, are a true DayZ fan who actually knows what this game is supposed to be and how it should be played correctly. We came from the old mod days and we are the kind of players that made this game so popular.

So with that said, here are the top priorities for the developers going into 2020:

1) Double - scratch that - TRIPLE the amount of guns and ammunition. This means more combat and more fun and harsher survival, the real survival. Not this role-playing, simulation "survival" nonsense that is super easy anyways.
2) Remove hydration and energy requirements. But keep the animations so these bitter role-players can have their fun! But really, we need a streamlined experience. Remove complexity, add more weapons.
3) Make tanks drive-able. They're already in-game, so it wouldn't be hard. Helicopters and planes are fun too as long as they come with machine gun turrets, but tanks would be much more cool. Imagine blowing up these "hardcore" survivalists only for them to quit and complain that survival isn't hard enough on these forums.
4) Implement bazookas.  We need more than landmines. I want to see more explosions like in Mad Max. A homing rocket launcher would be nice too, Fallout style.
5) Increase player count to 200 per server. It doesn't matter if the infected are lagging or cars are flying. Because the real threat in DayZ has always been other players. Increase their quantity and you will truly have the most hardcore survival experience in store for you. You will always be struggling to eliminate the next threat because your opponents will always be well-armed and trigger happy.

Edited by ATrueDayZFan
  • Haha 3

What a egotistical person. Everyone must explain themselves to you? What a joke... I said my bit, I have no need to explain further to you, I like my game, there are too many crap shooters already.. Play something else if you don't like it. I am very happy so far.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, William Sternritter said:

you will quickly understand what we "simmers" do in this game

Maybe when I have a minute I will search for what you simmers do in this game. In the meantime you could just humor me with what you have to say. Or perhaps I did make a research and no one is describing their life in dayz...

8 hours ago, drgullen said:

I can.  Load into any official vanilla server as a freshie.  Check your inventory -- what have you got in there?  Next to nothing

You have your fists. You can kill zombies and players. Even those players with guns (since reload is such a pain and ammo is so scarce).  Maybe killing a player is your way to survive. You are starving, already ate your apple, the other guy might still have his fruit. Hardcore survival? Yes, you or him.

8 hours ago, drgullen said:

Dean Hall's original concept of the standalone.

Do you know where Rocket is now? Do you know why he left? He is no longer developing the game and whatever vision he had, he himself, deemed it a flawed project. At least that's what he said. Was that really the reason. Maybe it was just about the time and money... So his concept is no longer valid because he is simply not here. 

8 hours ago, ATrueDayZFan said:

Not this role-playing, simulation "survival" nonsense that is super easy anyways.

Even though your post is so unnecessarily ironic I do agree with that statement. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

That's a lot of quotes. Too bad you are pulling them out of context @kacper46

But that's allright. You dont know any better. You quote me about my fishing trip with all good hunting games to come with them. Have you played Them? They are mostly crap. But the point you missed quoting me was the shooting part. Where is that bit? 

Pulling quotes out of context is nothing more then a cheap form of propaganda.

Which one uses when things are not going your way. Good Luck with that. 

Quote 500 for you 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 2

Killing wolves is not PvP since wolves are not players but are considered "environment" of the game just like the zombies(really? I had to say it?! Or was this some kind of pun I did not grasp?). Yes I have killed wolves. I ended up on a deer stand with my friend , we managed to kill the alpha and the rest of the pack left us alone.

On 1/7/2020 at 7:49 AM, ATrueDayZFan said:

Yes yes yes yes yes. Thank you so much OP for pointing out the painfully obvious truth that the authentic path of DayZ is a PvP-focused, military mayhem! Don't let this handful of unemployed, thought-policing, "hardcore veterans" who lurk these servers all day and all night just to attack anyone who disagrees with their flawed, poorly-thought-out vision of the game dissuade you. Your arguments are well-reasoned and almost impossible to refute (and any refutation would simply result in a minor amendment). I can tell that you, like myself, are a true DayZ fan who actually knows what this game is supposed to be and how it should be played correctly. We came from the old mod days and we are the kind of players that made this game so popular.

So with that said, here are the top priorities for the developers going into 2020:

1) Double - scratch that - TRIPLE the amount of guns and ammunition. This means more combat and more fun and harsher survival, the real survival. Not this role-playing, simulation "survival" nonsense that is super easy anyways.
2) Remove hydration and energy requirements. But keep the animations so these bitter role-players can have their fun! But really, we need a streamlined experience. Remove complexity, add more weapons.
3) Make tanks drive-able. They're already in-game, so it wouldn't be hard. Helicopters and planes are fun too as long as they come with machine gun turrets, but tanks would be much more cool. Imagine blowing up these "hardcore" survivalists only for them to quit and complain that survival isn't hard enough on these forums.
4) Implement bazookas.  We need more than landmines. I want to see more explosions like in Mad Max. A homing rocket launcher would be nice too, Fallout style.
5) Increase player count to 200 per server. It doesn't matter if the infected are lagging or cars are flying. Because the real threat in DayZ has always been other players. Increase their quantity and you will truly have the most hardcore survival experience in store for you. You will always be struggling to eliminate the next threat because your opponents will always be well-armed and trigger happy.

You might enjoy the Battlefield series of games. If you don't like survival games, nobody is forcing you to play them. 

On 1/7/2020 at 9:49 AM, ATrueDayZFan said:

This has all been working in Arma3 for a long time.

I said what I wanted to say. I may not have any positive impact on what will happen to this game, but I tried and the rest is in the future. I will wait and see.

I believe this topic can be closed.

Thank you all for your voice in the discussion.

When i started too play dayz mod back in the dayz those nerds and dorks or whatever some called them in this thread used to make the coolest moments i had in any game. Suddenly the game started to become popular and with it came hordes of 'COD' Kids and ruined the athmospere with their FPS shooter mentality, roleplay was gone. 

If anything, hope they make it so simulator like that the COD Kids leave and shut the door behind them and we get back the original concept that made us dorks and sim nerds get into this into this in the first place.... 

Edited by Kaboki
  • Beans 1

On 1/6/2020 at 2:12 PM, McWendy said:

Dont kid yourself. The rise in players comes because of Livonia. Its new its fresh. It Will dry up again. Guess who Will Stay..... Again...

Right....your beloved simmers. Who kept the game alive. Stayed and contributed to this DayZ project. 

Not to cater another generic crapshooter

Hey Nerd, remember me? Wanted to come back and revisit what you said. 

Looks like I was right, and you were wrong. Livonia had nothing to do with the rise in players because guess what, its even higher now than what it was when you said that!

As predicted, people came back and saw what the modding community has done to the game. Better yet, with DayZ Expansion mod coming out in the next few months the game is going to pick up huge traction and attention.

The majority of the playerbase (already currently  is by a giant proportion) will continue to play on the modded servers and the vanilla servers “will dry up”. 

: )

Dayz expansion mod is more than a few months out. It won't be released until AFTER 1.8 hits and breaks a bunch of stuff that the modders will have to fix. It's gonna be a minute.

I really don't see what the big deal is. Play a modded server with the COD requirements you desire. If that's your thing. Or go vanilla.

• Beans 1

On 5/19/2020 at 7:16 PM, MrGriffyO said:

Looks like I was right, and you were wrong. Livonia had nothing to do with the rise in players because guess what, its even higher now than what it was when you said that!

Last 30 Days: 15,797 players online

May 2020 16,329

April 2020 17,504

March 2020 15,527

February 2020 17,739

January 2020 14,731

Source: https://steamcharts.com/app/221100#1y

Doesn't look like you were right. DayZ is comparable i.e. to CS 1.6 (https://steamcharts.com/app/10) which as you know is replaced by Global Offensive ( https://steamcharts.com/app/730)

Talking about mods? We have already been there. History is making full circle. It is absurd - moding of a mod. Arma II was not good enough so someone made a DayZ Mod for Arma. Now that mode is a standalone game and we (they, the modders) are making mods of it again. We know how it ends - multiple scattered mods with limitted support/development never going to reach half of their potential and player base.

I'm a console player. I've heard of DayZ before but I only played DayZ:SA because it was on GamePass. At first, I thought it was a really risky survival game but I still liked the idea of it. My only gripe about it; is it's incredibly unforgiving to a new player. I prefer challenges so I never gave up but it took me like 20+ deaths to figure out how this game works. All the exposures, inventory system, crafting, the map, you are given zero hints on how to do anything but all of the sudden your character can perfectly skin a deer, or build a car?

For instance, even though it's slightly obvious due to DayZ's video game-styled-realism, I had no idea I could be knocked unconscious from too much Shock(or that I even had a shock meter) or use a crowbar to open canned food... Or while holding a bladed weapon, I could cut clothing into rags.. or while holding a stick and highlighting the rags I could combine them for a few different recipes... I had no idea your clothes got wet and made you cold.. or that you can wring the clothes out to dry quicker... Or that if you have too much cooked meat you'll become overheated. Or even just simply cutting bark from trees, or digging up worms or burying things, or how to properly navigate the inventory and the world.. I had to turn to the internet for recipes or play around and die multiple times before I could figure a lot of these things out.

I still have more to learn but now I don't fear death anymore, I accept it because I know what to do on respawn. I usually spend my time in DayZ looting police stations, military spots, and crash sites. I play on Persistence OFF Public servers that are High in players but the last time I saw any players was back at the coast about a week ago.. I'm far North-West at the moment, killed my first bear. Now I'm camping out in the woods under a tree during a rain storm. My plan is to head back South-East to find other players(to hopefully play with and not battle). It seems you fight wolves more than infected in these upper tier loot areas and I can only thank the video game gods that when ever the larger packs of wolves appeared I was always near a boulder or a building. Another thing I'm trying to learn is building bases and creating stash spots for my extra loot. At the moment, I carry everything I'll need for any given situation but this leaves my stamina at about two-thirds all the time.

All in all, I've grown to like this game. My friends on the other hand, couldn't withstand the bootcamp-like learning curve but as others have stated, this game requires one to have a certain tenacity. If you're new to DayZ, I'd recommend going to iZurvive. It significantly helped me find better loot and learn the map a little quicker(I'm still learning). Once I find out where I am on the map, by finding a town sign, you can place Markers for waypoints. It really gave me some peace of mind to know where I was and how I could plan my route moving around South Zagoria.