Greensek

Stable Update 1.06

9 minutes ago, Nick Sample said:

Can we please get a realistic answer about the state of cars please

3j88bj.jpg

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Meh, I never had the need for a car, compared to mushrooms … 

True, but them pennybuns were edible even when knocked on their sides - while flying cars tend to cause deaths 😛

And yeah, I realise that erecting the mushroom only required changing an orientation value in the database, while fixing cars likely requires complete reworking of the entire vehicle simulation physics, considering they refuse to even talk about it. Still funny.

Edited by Derleth

Just now, Derleth said:

True, but them pennybuns were edible even when knocked on their sides - while flying cars tend to cause deaths 😛

Well cars are spawning rotated correctly, nothing to fix there 😛 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, William Sternritter said:

Well cars are spawning rotated correctly, nothing to fix there 😛 

Hmm... not always. I occasionally find newly spawned cars lying upside down, granted they might have been flipped at server restart rather than at spawn, but the end result is the same...

Edited by Derleth

2 minutes ago, Derleth said:

Hmm... not always. I occasionally find newly spawned cars lying upside down, granted they might have been flipped at server restart rather than at spawn, but the end result is the same...

Ah, I thought we were done with half buried cars and whatnot … but then again this is Day Z, who am I kidding. 

52 minutes ago, Nick Sample said:

Can we please get a realistic answer about the state of cars please

Cars aren't getting "fixed" anytime soon. This is why there is never a response about them. Cars themselves are mostly fine. It's the server performance that needs work, because cars are directly tied to it and the official servers are generally dog shit in terms of performance. 

If you've ever played the game in offline mode, you can see this first hand. The only way cars are ever getting "fixed" is it they get moved client side instead of server side, or the quality of the official servers gets a massive improvement, and the former is most likely impossible and the latter is simply not likely anytime soon.  

It absolutely sucks, and it's frustrating as hell, but don't expect any kind of clear update or fix that says "Cars work now", cause it simply won't happen. The game is very much hamstrung by decisions made early in development in this regard and it's becoming very clear that those issues are going to be with this game for a long time.  

• Beans 3

Thanks for the patch! Hopefully we see another hotfix before the Christmas holidays will start. 

I have been toying around with 1.06 a bit on Livonia. Barely played 1.05 as I spend my time on some other games. Can say so far that Livonia is a very pretty map. Feels new, love the ruined structures with the ivy overgrowth. I am also happy to see fishing back, four weapons, better car wrecks with obtainable car parts, the bear etc. Great sizable patch, although I have to say that all the other patches in 2019 were pretty good as well. Always coming each 1,5 month and with new content and/or features. Still missing a lot of of stuff though. Ragdoll, bone fractures, helicopters, planes, two-wheeled vehicles, other animals, weapons and probably some more that I can't think of right now. Personally I do not mind as the content/feature flow was pretty good in 2019 and I am confident this will be the same in 2020. What bothers me though, and probably the main reason why I write this, is that some core game features are still not working properly. Features that we already have for around a year or longer. Cars/server performance still does not function properly, base building is still poorly implemented, weather effects on character are not proper, diseases feel not finished and infected are pretty crap. I think it is pretty sad that such important core game mechanics still work half-assed after a year after the so-called ''cough'' 1.0 release ''cough'' . So please BI, fix and develop the important core features first. It is already taking too long.

Edited by amadieus

42 minutes ago, thepoey said:

Cars aren't getting "fixed" anytime soon. This is why there is never a response about them. Cars themselves are mostly fine. It's the server performance that needs work, because cars are directly tied to it and the official servers are generally dog shit in terms of performance. 

If you've ever played the game in offline mode, you can see this first hand. The only way cars are ever getting "fixed" is it they get moved client side instead of server side, or the quality of the official servers gets a massive improvement, and the former is most likely impossible and the latter is simply not likely anytime soon.  

It absolutely sucks, and it's frustrating as hell, but don't expect any kind of clear update or fix that says "Cars work now", cause it simply won't happen. The game is very much hamstrung by decisions made early in development in this regard and it's becoming very clear that those issues are going to be with this game for a long time.  

This is true, but server performance is not the whole truth, networking has enormous impact on how cars behave too. Just one player on a shitty internet connection (with packet loss etc) can cause cars to go completely haywire on a server running on powerful hardware with no performance problems per se. I've seen this happen many times. Server is running smoothly, cars are working like a dream, then suddenly player X on a dodgy mobile line tries to connect and Harry Potter possesses every second car on the server. Whether anyone is driving or not.

In the video I link to below I was alone on the server, then just as I reached the parked Sarka one player started trying to connect to the server. I checked the logs, server FPS was around 2,700 during the entire incident and you can see that it has no problem with all the infected. It's just a mess, and I doubt server performance optimisations alone will do much to help against it. 

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, thepoey said:

They moved it server side to prevent cheating/hacking... the more stuff they move server side the better for us because less hax... one guy suggest that they need to do like a hybrid system... the vehicles run client side but servers check the movement of the vehicles to confirm it's working properly... and if you try to cheat like use fly hacks or speed boost hacks the server will detect that and teleport you back to the last know legit location... that sounds good to me 😛 if it's possible that is. 😄

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

26 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

They moved it server side to prevent cheating/hacking... the more stuff they move server side the better for us because less hax... one guy suggest that they need to do like a hybrid system... the vehicles run client side but servers check the movement of the vehicles to confirm it's working properly... and if you try to cheat like use fly hacks or speed boost hacks the server will detect that and teleport you back to the last know legit location... that sounds good to me 😛 if it's possible that is. 😄

Knowing BI and their anti-cheat measures, this would result in all vehicles not moving at all, because all of them would always teleport back 😄

11 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

Knowing BI and their anti-cheat measures, this would result in all vehicles not moving at all, because all of them would always teleport back 😄

we all seen what happened in ArmA 2 and ArmA 3 ... with hacks or not... look at ArmA 3 when you're flying a jet and lets say your game crashes... the jet stays in the air frozen for some time and then comes crashing down lol that's because of vehicles being on client side 😛 imo when DayZ cars are working properly... they work soooo good... like they are so well done in like driving it... it just feels so realistic like i am driving a real car lol. For me in terms of cars DayZ feels more like a Driving/ Racing Sim game XDD only thing missing is handbrakes... ability to drift... a controll the car while turning and all that... ability to make a wheelspin... donuts... burnouts... all that car guy stuff 😛 . Imagine servers with cars only... like racing and all that... turning DayZ into a Need for Speed 😮 oooh boy 😄 i want to host a server like that but i'm too dumb to do it :c 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

we all seen what happened in ArmA 2 and ArmA 3 ... with hacks or not... look at ArmA 3 when you're flying a jet and lets say your game crashes... the jet stays in the air frozen for some time and then comes crashing down lol that's because of vehicles being on client side 😛 imo when DayZ cars are working properly... they work soooo good... like they are so well done in like driving it... it just feels so realistic like i am driving a real car lol. For me in terms of cars DayZ feels more like a Driving/ Racing Sim game XDD only thing missing is handbrakes... ability to drift... a controll the car while turning and all that... ability to make a wheelspin... donuts... burnouts... all that car guy stuff 😛 . Imagine servers with cars only... like racing and all that... turning DayZ into a Need for Speed 😮 oooh boy 😄 i want to host a server like that but i'm too dumb to do it :c 

Oh yes, they're so realistic. Everytime people drive on the highway in real life, their car starts sliding. Everytime they're trying to traverse a small hill, their car comes to a complete halt. So realistic, so majestic.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

Oh yes, they're so realistic. Everytime people drive on the highway in real life, their car starts sliding. Everytime they're trying to traverse a small hill, their car comes to a complete halt. So realistic, so majestic.

I never get the sliding thing some people complain about so I can't comment on that, but driving uphill and downhill definitely needs to be looked at. I think there's some gravity variable that is 2.0 rather than 1.0 or something like that. Try getting a Gunter up the hill to Green Mountain... You need a running start and a good portion of luck and bravery. 🤣

21 minutes ago, IMT said:

well yes that's bad but when driving normally like on road... switching gears... and all that,... feel really realistic to me... i like the slight delay in switching gears and all that like a slight input delay it really feels like im driving a car... it's not like i am driving an electric car where if you press on the gas it instantly goes and all that... instant torque

10 minutes ago, Derleth said:

I never get the sliding thing some people complain about so I can't comment on that, but driving uphill and downhill definitely needs to be looked at. I think there's some gravity variable that is 2.0 rather than 1.0 or something like that. Try getting a Gunter up the hill to Green Mountain... You need a running start and a good portion of luck and bravery. 🤣

that's why Lada 4x4 is the best car in the game... i choose it over anything... 

Also Bohemia... plz fix Ada 4x4 ... it's back is like raised and looks ugly and unrealistic idk why is that... looks like a god damn lowrider lol

I have at least 400+ hours of driving since 1.0 release, so much so that my group has nicknamed me "Uber Coomby" with 5-star ratings. I do see a tiny amount of desync when I have a Greek duder and an Aussie in the vehicle with me, but it is still very manageable, typically a tiny lag spike when entering one of the larger towns or near our base. Usually, I can drive all day without issues until server pop nears 40. After the server pop hits 40 people; it quickly becomes a completely different story. As the below image and video show what happens when you drive after the server hits high pop.
  CUNxvz2.jpg

Okay now for what I came here for 😄

Fixed: Swapping within cargo

^^ Is this an attempt at fixing the container glitch which prevents placement as if something already occupies that location in the container?

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Coomby said:

^ Is this an attempt at fixing the container glitch which prevents placement as if something already occupies that location in the container?

If it is, it did  not work. Inventory is still broken.

To the devs:

I've been playing DayZ since 2012, have over 2k hours in stand alone and probably around 500 in the mod. I love this game. But I must say, I know of no other company, not counting only game developers, that have set such a low standard as to what is an acceptable product to be released to the public. 
Quite frankly - this is outrageous. We've paid you for this product, and you do not deliver. Your salery, that you bring home and use to pay rent and put food on your table, it all comes from us - the customers. How dare you take act in such a nonchalant way, releasing a product  that's not nearly finished? You don't think a game like this need a working inventory? Seriously?

The game is broken. As a customer, a long time customer who own DayZ, Livonia, Arma 2 and Arma 3, I demand that you deliver a proper product, according to what was marketed when i gave you my money. I have my own company. If I would treat my customers like this I would be out of business.

There is really no excuse. Fix it now!

Edited by patrik-629839f0f9e3d01e
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, patrik-629839f0f9e3d01e said:

I've been playing DayZ since 2012, have over 2k hours in stand alone and probably around 500 in the mod. I love this game. But I must say, I know of no other company, not counting only game developers, that have set such a low standard as to what is an acceptable product to be released to the public. 

Bethesda, Kalypso, Gearbox or the maker of Big Rigs are just a few that comes to my mind. Be glad that we already live in a time were companies are able to somewhat fix their fuckups with patches. Back in the old days of gaming you were stuck with something bad, on a cartridge for example.

As for the recent patch, I am a bit worried about the short time patches are on exp for testing as of lately. Instead of testing and finetuning it a bit more, they again released it in a state that makes nobody happy. We all could have lived with some mushrooms spawning upside down for a bit longer in exchange for a patch that really does make things better.

Edited by MaVerick_GDZ

36 minutes ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

As for the recent patch, I am a bit worried about the short time patches are on exp for testing as of lately. Instead of testing and finetuning it a bit more, they again released it in a state that makes nobody happy. 

I would not mind if they would fix it constantly, like every two weeks release a patch. Now it's that they release something and silence. This kinda hotfix feels really just like pressure of Christmas, but I expect after that they will maybe release something in late Feb or March and again most probably iterate on the same stuff instead if really moving forward. How many rebalances of spawn and attrition rates will we go through? 

2 hours ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

Bethesda, Kalypso, Gearbox or the maker of Big Rigs are just a few that comes to my mind. Be glad that we already live in a time were companies are able to somewhat fix their fuckups with patches. Back in the old days of gaming you were stuck with something bad, on a cartridge for example.

Well, in the case of DayZ, i really don't feel like we live in that age. I'm 32 years old, so i have my fair share of 20+ years of gaming. I honestly can not recall any other game that I ever played that suffered so extensively from bugs, like DayZ. In this day and age of hot fixes and downloadable patches, I don't have any other games where you EXPECT every new update to come with some new bug that may verry well make the game almost unplayable for a certain amount of time. And may i remind you; This game has been in development for quite a long time now. Still, a lot of features of it make the entire experience still feel a lot like an early access product (but they went ahead and raised the bar themselves, by calling it a finished product - hence my dissatisfaction). 

But thats besides the point. The point is:
Why are these updates even released when they suffer from such obvious bugs that basically make the game a pain to play? They can't possibly have missed that the inventory is broken, it shows after a couple of minutes of playing the game. Why do they go ahead and release it anyway? And how can it be that we are sitting a week later and still don't have some of it fixed? They have sold over 4 million copies of this game, can't they afford to take some of that money we gave them and work a little overtime so that the ones that payed for it may accually use it?
  As a customer, i feel like this company have no interest in my being satisfied with their product. Thats strange to me, regardless of how many worst examples you'll name. 

Edited by patrik-629839f0f9e3d01e
  • Beans 1

1 hour ago, patrik-629839f0f9e3d01e said:

Well, in the case of DayZ, i really don't feel like we live in that age. I'm 32 years old, so i have my fair share of 20+ years of gaming. I honestly can not recall any other game that I ever played that suffered so extensively from bugs, like DayZ. In this day and age of hot fixes and downloadable patches, I don't have any other games where you EXPECT every new update to come with some new bug that may verry well make the game almost unplayable for a certain amount of time. And may i remind you; This game has been in development for quite a long time now. Still, a lot of features of it make the entire experience still feel a lot like an early access product (but they went ahead and raised the bar themselves, by calling it a finished product - hence my dissatisfaction).  

Fallout 76 would be a recent and very well known example fitting that description very well, and Aliens: Colonial Marines would be my personal number 1 of absolute hate and disappointment for the last few years. That doesn't mean you are wrong. The state of the game is like a gamble after every patch and the premature release of "1.0" was, in my view, the biggest mistake they made on their long journey with DayZ. But looking at the copycats spawned during development that failed bad (looking at you, WarZ or whatever you are called now), DayZ is still the best of it's kind, even with all the bugs. That and BIS history of long and good support for its games are some of the few reasons I still got a glimmer of hope for a good ending. I do miss some of the old staff though, especially Hicks. He gave the game a soul and vision, something I seriously miss nowadays. With no roadmap and, lets say, limited communication, we don't really know where we are heading on the long run.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

On 12/7/2019 at 7:17 AM, Seitan said:

Human can survive without food for days, if he has water.

DayZ is not realistic, it is authentic. Time to learn the difference my friend.

On 12/4/2019 at 3:52 PM, DISPLACER88 said:

All of these are good points but I’d like to add that making food more scarce and energy consumption higher was plain stupid! One or the other would have been fine but not combining the effects! I have 3 fresh spawn characters that are on the brink of death and absolutely ALL of my time in game is spent searching for my next meal to no avail! Eating 4 chicken breast’s gives you about 10 minutes worth of energy to find more food or you’ll be on the brink of death again.

People don’t die of starvation after just 10 minutes! Fix your broken game!

OffTopic:
I’ve been a DayZ veteran for over 5 years and never felt the need to write a post until having such a terrible experience with the game yesterday. I am extremely disappointed with the progress of this game.  I will not be purchasing any DLC from Bohemia until they fulfill their promises of what was supposed to be in the base game! I refuse to fund this robbery of wallets while they drag this out to continue getting a paycheck!

It is clear you are no veteran and are greatly exaggerating. It is extremely easy to feed yourself in DayZ 1.06. All you have to do is locate and eat food, easily.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

well yes that's bad but when driving normally like on road... switching gears... and all that,... feel really realistic to me... i like the slight delay in switching gears and all that like a slight input delay it really feels like im driving a car... it's not like i am driving an electric car where if you press on the gas it instantly goes and all that... instant torque

So it's realistic that when you go above 80 km/h and with the slightest touch to the steering wheel, you start to slide?