WezzyStef907

Ran to Tisy and died

So I ran all the way to Tisy from the coast, found no guns or loot, got hungry, couldn't use food and drink cause broken game, then I starved and died cause broken game. Don't think I can be bothered to waste my time on this game anymore, it's literally running around finding nothing and dying from bugs that may as well be called game features cause they never get fixed. :/

I would say don't complain about bugs in an early access game but Bohemia acts like it is past version 1.0 xD  .

Well I am sure if you wait a few months these bugs will be fixed. DayZ was glitchy as hell for years but once it reached 0.60 or something like that it was pretty hard to die to a glitch.

5 hours ago, WezzyStef907 said:

So I ran all the way to Tisy from the coast, found no guns or loot, got hungry, couldn't use food and drink cause broken game, then I starved and died cause broken game. Don't think I can be bothered to waste my time on this game anymore, it's literally running around finding nothing and dying from bugs that may as well be called game features cause they never get fixed. 😕

Jesus christ dude you're a n00b that's not how you play the game especially on PC... you don't Rush to Tisy you play your way there... looting towns.. stocking up on food... maybe even meet some friendly guys... then go up there together? maybe go other military areas on the map and not straight from Coast to Tisy.. that's not how it goes mate.... it's your fault... don't blame the game for your stupidity and avoiding what devs say everywhere... You can't go inland without supplies... first loot get some food and drinks and then go inland... it's all your fault... and regarding no loot in Tisy i call that straight BS... even on Official servers there should be like a million pistols and SG5-K's there since every time i play official that's the only guns i find everywhere... in Balota one time i found like 6 FNX's and 4 SG5's lol

• Like 3

6 hours ago, KajMak64Bit2 said:

Jesus christ dude you're a n00b that's not how you play the game especially on PC... you don't Rush to Tisy you play your way there... looting towns.. stocking up on food... maybe even meet some friendly guys... then go up there together? maybe go other military areas on the map and not straight from Coast to Tisy.. that's not how it goes mate.... it's your fault... don't blame the game for your stupidity and avoiding what devs say everywhere... You can't go inland without supplies... first loot get some food and drinks and then go inland... it's all your fault... and regarding no loot in Tisy i call that straight BS... even on Official servers there should be like a million pistols and SG5-K's there since every time i play official that's the only guns i find everywhere... in Balota one time i found like 6 FNX's and 4 SG5's lol

I second the good tips provided here. While I sympathize that it is frustrating that there is a general lack of variety of potential loot at military bases, unfortunately, that is the way things are right now on public servers. As Kaj suggested, you shouldn't have any trouble getting a FNX or SG5 with associated accessories and ammo in these areas (also, grenades seem to be really plentiful, at least for me). However, if you really want high-end military rifles, you'll have better luck questing for stashes and bases in the wild (though I have had some luck finding some in woods surrounding big military zones/ pvp areas). You might win the lottery like I did and find a rifle at a heli crash site, but don't count on it. Regardless, running straight to one of the big western bases is setting yourself up for death, disappointment, or likely both. 

• Like 2

The only weapons you need to succeed in DayZ is a shotgun and either a scoped Mosin or an SKS...all of which are easy to obtain.  I normally spawn in near Kamy, and within minutes, I have found an axe, a burlap sack, and rope.  I have my melee weapon, and I can craft a 42 slot backpack.  A few mushrooms, perhaps a can of tuna and a soda, and you can practically jog anywhere on the map.  Pro tip #2: don't sprint unless you absolutely have to until you gather enough to drink.  All I can say is, if you are having a hard time finding enough food and drink in Chernarus, you best stay away from Livonia.

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

On 11/25/2019 at 3:24 AM, WezzyStef907 said:

So I ran all the way to Tisy from the coast, found no guns or loot, got hungry, couldn't use food and drink cause broken game, then I starved and died cause broken game. Don't think I can be bothered to waste my time on this game anymore, it's literally running around finding nothing and dying from bugs that may as well be called game features cause they never get fixed. 😕

I find whenever something in my inventory won't work i.e. water bottle or food, just log out and relog back in, usually works 🙂

On 11/25/2019 at 2:05 PM, KajMak64Bit2 said:

I'm absolutely not a noob at DayZ, I know where to loot and get food and basic guns and gear, I know where the tents are on the way up north. I know what I'm doing and know where to go, hence why I spawn and buck it straight up north, I'm not an idiot and know how to play the game. I never stay round the coast battling simpletons with shotties and BK18s playing the game like it's COD. I like the real fights that are up north, you know, the fights that require the use of your brain. I spawned and ran to Tisy, I had enough food and drink to survive Tisy and beyond, but the DayZ feature that makes you unable to eat or drink or use guns etc is what killed me, not me being a noob. I died because of the game not working as it should have, not because of my actions.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, WezzyStef907 said:

I'm absolutely not a noob at DayZ, I know where to loot and get food and basic guns and gear, I know where the tents are on the way up north. I know what I'm doing and know where to go, hence why I spawn and buck it straight up north, I'm not an idiot and know how to play the game. I never stay round the coast battling simpletons with shotties and BK18s playing the game like it's COD. I like the real fights that are up north, you know, the fights that require the use of your brain. I spawned and ran to Tisy, I had enough food and drink to survive Tisy and beyond, but the DayZ feature that makes you unable to eat or drink or use guns etc is what killed me, not me being a noob. I died because of the game not working as it should have, not because of my actions.

I've never had that issue, but as stated elsewhere, relog fixes it

How about Just playing the game? Now you wasted 15 mins beelining somewhere only to die of a bug. 

And going straight for military loot shows your playstyle. There are better games out there for Spawn-die-spawn cycles

• Like 2

you should have relogged, you died to a bug thats easily work around.... Aroundable? Probably not a real word lol if you weren't a noob you would have easily overcome something like this, being a bit of a dick I guess but days isn't for babies

• Like 1

Just now, Stagman70 said:

The only weapons you need to succeed in DayZ is a shotgun and either a scoped Mosin or an SKS...all of which are easy to obtain.  I normally spawn in near Kamy, and within minutes, I have found an axe, a burlap sack, and rope.  I have my melee weapon, and I can craft a 42 slot backpack.  A few mushrooms, perhaps a can of tuna and a soda, and you can practically jog anywhere on the map.  Pro tip #2: don't sprint unless you absolutely have to until you gather enough to drink.  All I can say is, if you are having a hard time finding enough food and drink in Chernarus, you best stay away from Livonia.

Shotgun is the best gun in the game no doubt in my mind about that, plus a mosin is my ideal setup but the shotgun can 1 tap people at silly ranges with slugs so its definitely the best all rounder

5 hours ago, RyanS1994 said:

Shotgun is the best gun in the game no doubt in my mind about that, plus a mosin is my ideal setup but the shotgun can 1 tap people at silly ranges with slugs so its definitely the best all rounder

We had an incident once where I and 3 of my friends, all of us fairly geared and no strangers to PvP, got wiped out by a freshie with a shotty.  Shotguns ain't no joke.

Just now, Stagman70 said:

We had an incident once where I and 3 of my friends, all of us fairly geared and no strangers to PvP, got wiped out by a freshie with a shotty.  Shotguns ain't no joke.

I took a shot at my friend at like 200+ meters with a shotgun I got from a player and this was before you could unload the shotgun, was thinking if its buckshot it wont touch him and if its slugs the drop would be too much to get near him or if it did hit it wouldn't do much damage, long story short I one tapped him haha