SoundEnginar2

Here is how you make DayZ better on console.

First week after the 1.04 update was great. Loot economy was normal, server performance was stable and everything. But not long after the wipe, people found another ways to mess it up again. I don't know why people still mistaken this game for another battle royale genre rather than a Zombie-Apocalypse Survival. I played DayZ quite a while back in the day. Now it's something else and the situation even worse on console. Team should value DayZ fan's opinions more than regular come&go 'players' I believe.

What can be done?

* Making stahes last maximum a week if not interact (this would heal the economy a lot. You won't be emotionally attached to the character as much as before if you haven't played over a week anyways)

* Completely disable base building on hardcore/fps servers. (yes I'm being serious. I respect those who enjoy base building but no one should be able to build a door and 4 digit lock a castle, which is a loot spawn point. You can keep doing it on regular servers if you want to build a base, farm or stuff.

Usually I got a lot of hate when I bring these things up in discussions but I know some of you see what I'm saying. And no, you shouldn't be able to "play how you like, because you paid for it". If what you do in-game affects other people's game (which they've paid too) you are wrong.

My personal wishes from future DayZ:
- Disinfecting rags to come back
- Broken bones to come back
- Leaving blood footsteps if the player is bleeding
- Being able to keep moving while in quickslot menu(console)
- Being able to keep seeing light sources when zoom in/scope screen

That's about it. I'd like to discuss and learn about your opinions, feel free to share. Thank you, cheers.

• Beans 1

9 hours ago, SoundEnginar2 said:

Disinfecting rags to come back

That's already in isn't it? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

That's already in isn't it? 

I guess the question is, can you get infected if using say damaged rags? For all my years of playing DayZ, I never had to care about that in particular. Generally speaking, infections do not seem to be present at the moment, the only exception is I think drinking from a well with bloody hands. 

Edited by William Sternritter
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, William Sternritter said:

I guess the question is, can you get infected if using say damaged rags? For all my years of playing DayZ, I never had to care about that in particular. Generally speaking, infections do not seem to be present at the moment, the only exception is I think drinking from a well with bloody hands. 

Yeah, it's definitely in. If you bandage with any rag that hasn't been disinfected you get an infection that is only cured with tetracycline. Bandages are already sterile, though I haven't tried damaged bandages. 

• Beans 1

7 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Yeah, it's definitely in. If you bandage with any rag that hasn't been disinfected you get an infection that is only cured with tetracycline. Bandages are already sterile, though I haven't tried damaged bandages. 

Hmmm. Hasn't happened to me yet, but I will keep it in mind.

Edited by William Sternritter

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

It was implemented with 1.04, but was removed as of 1.05. Think they may be tweaking it, but for time being you don't need to disinfect rags.

• Beans 1

I think even when it was implemented all you have to do is disinfect whether its damaged or not doesn't matter

It was taken out for now as there was no point to it - there was no real sickness even though the sickness-icon was being shown.

19 hours ago, SoundEnginar2 said:

* Completely disable base building on hardcore/fps servers. (yes I'm being serious. I respect those who enjoy base building but no one should be able to build a door and 4 digit lock a castle, which is a loot spawn point. You can keep doing it on regular servers if you want to build a base, farm or stuff.

yikes, nope. 

• Sad 1

I

3 hours ago, thepoey said:

yikes, nope. 

I mean yeah its a no no normally but people abusing rather then building at this point so at least for hardcore servers I think it would be more healing.

* I think they tweaked a lot the rags... I was enjoying disinfecting them it made a lot of sense. you wouldnt wanna cover up an open wound without sterilizing the rags irl right? Its more intense, doesnt make you feel safe as before even when youre a fresh spawn.

Also another issue: wooden crates. Im seeing all these wooden crate piles all over the place, causing frame rate issues. maybe dont allow them more than 2 or 3 within 100 meters as a solution?

Bogatryka, castle:

https://ibb.co/R0Y7Nmv
https://ibb.co/gTjQKvn
https://ibb.co/1JQg6yQ
https://ibb.co/GnN3hR3

this and other castles were locked up and doesnt spawn any hunting clothes, tundras, scopes or rounds what-so-ever. I dont think thats fair specially on highest populated hardcore servers.

thats way i recommend stashes last for maximum a week. 45 days is kinda hard to keep the game fresh

Edited by SoundEnginar2
added text

1 hour ago, SoundEnginar2 said:

I

I mean yeah its a no no normally but people abusing rather then building at this point so at least for hardcore servers I think it would be more healing.

* I think they tweaked a lot the rags... I was enjoying disinfecting them it made a lot of sense. you wouldnt wanna cover up an open wound without sterilizing the rags irl right? Its more intense, doesnt make you feel safe as before even when youre a fresh spawn.

Also another issue: wooden crates. Im seeing all these wooden crate piles all over the place, causing frame rate issues. maybe dont allow them more than 2 or 3 within 100 meters as a solution?

I only play on FP servers, and I love base building. It just needs a lot of balance tweaks. 

Removing it completely is not the answer. Tweaking these things to make them more rewarding in the long term and for end game purposes, is the answer. Finding a balance between this, and the central loot economy, is the answer. DayZ without long term goals like base building or cars is not DayZ. It's pubg with a hunger meter. That's not what I signed up to play.  

Edited by thepoey
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thepoey said:

DayZ without long term goals like base building or cars is not DayZ. It's pubg with a hunger meter. That's not what I signed up to play.  

Never said anything about cars and I do think base building is a serious aspect of DayZ. So I couldnt agree more with you. But what I'm saying is, console player community is a lot different than PC community and they do misuse the purpose of it and it affects the actual DayZ players in a bad way. I'm not after the 'Best loot' nor a soldier build. But when it keeps me from getting my mosin and scopes I kinda wanna speak outloud you know?

If there is one item in the list that I 1000% agree with, it would be the running with the quick wheel up.  That is a must.

• Like 1

IF there would be Private FPP server without base building and stashing, i would spend lots of time on that server.

It even would be easy as disable nail, shovel, sea chest and wired fence spawns.

But, if you mean official fpp/hc servers should not have building and stashing i must disagree with that.

7 hours ago, OilRig said:

IF there would be Private FPP server without base building and stashing, i would spend lots of time on that server.

It even would be easy as disable nail, shovel, sea chest and wired fence spawns.

But, if you mean official fpp/hc servers should not have building and stashing i must disagree with that.

as a temporary situation, until figuring out what can be done. because only fun I can get from DayZ is been traveling to the edge of the maps, finding burried lars & vss's and make them despawn lately. you can find them with a little thinking "if i were an idiot, where would I burry my stash" you know?

21 hours ago, Stagman70 said:

If there is one item in the list that I 1000% agree with, it would be the running with the quick wheel up.  That is a must.

in bohemias other console game Vigor you can do this, stupid how they cant or wont implement it to Dayz

On 11/6/2019 at 9:25 PM, RyanS1994 said:

in bohemias other console game Vigor you can do this, stupid how they cant or wont implement it to Dayz

Different team, less controls to fit the controller 

On 11/5/2019 at 5:44 PM, SoundEnginar2 said:

But when it keeps me from getting my mosin and scopes I kinda wanna speak outloud you know?

Mosin literally spawns everywhere.

17 minutes ago, xhardcorefishx said:

Also, a different engine. Vigor runs on the Unreal engine.

1 hour ago, xhardcorefishx said:

1 hour ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Also, a different engine. Vigor runs on the Unreal engine.

true but that doesn't really matter, we have the controls we need its just saw about moving while doing it