ShallowTech

Hate to say it... but... Xbox players need a map.

So I have been a DayZ player since the original mod. It has always been a fun survival zombie game and I love the direction it has gone over the last couple years. That being said I have promoted the game to many of my Xbox friends, in many cases friends and family. The one biggest complaint as to why they do not enjoy the game is because it is too hard to find your friends and that there is no map. Personally it does not matter to me if there is map or not. However, it is much easier if you are a PC gamer, with multiple monitors to just pull up a DayZ map on the other screen but this is not the case for consoler players. I honestly think that if this was added, or a way to spawn closer together, it would help increase the player base and make it more fun for casual gamers. 

Anyway, figured someone has already brought this up but thought I would throw it out there.

• Haha 3

They are maps on chernarus (next to trail paths), BI recently even added the "you are here" thing on it (it's about time...).

They are also paper maps to be looted.

And for your friends, with no PC screen next to TV, they can do it on their smartphone or tablets.

My game friends used their smartphone to do it, before got sick with that bugged game.

Edited by S.Kaneda

just nonsense. Use izurvive in appstore or PlayMarket

Edited by FakeBritvin

Your post makes _no sense_ whatsoever...

There are stationary maps all over Chernarus, there are paper-maps you can loot and run around with AND the whole things is digitalized on izurvive.com including in apps for literally every smart-phone.

Doh.

8 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

Your post makes _no sense_ whatsoever...

There are stationary maps all over Chernarus, there are paper-maps you can loot and run around with AND the whole things is digitalized on izurvive.com including in apps for literally every smart-phone.

Doh.

to be fair, the paper maps just show one random location. That, or I can't figure out how to navigate them, because I've pressed lots of buttons when i open the tourist maps and nothing happens

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 11:40 PM, ShallowTech said:

So I have been a DayZ player since the original mod. It has always been a fun survival zombie game and I love the direction it has gone over the last couple years. That being said I have promoted the game to many of my Xbox friends, in many cases friends and family. The one biggest complaint as to why they do not enjoy the game is because it is too hard to find your friends and that there is no map. Personally it does not matter to me if there is map or not. However, it is much easier if you are a PC gamer, with multiple monitors to just pull up a DayZ map on the other screen but this is not the case for consoler players. I honestly think that if this was added, or a way to spawn closer together, it would help increase the player base and make it more fun for casual gamers. 

Anyway, figured someone has already brought this up but thought I would throw it out there.

Your supposed to feel lost and it's deliberately hard to navigate. 

It's a survival game

• Like 1

14 hours ago, milkieman said:

to be fair, the paper maps just show one random location. That, or I can't figure out how to navigate them, because I've pressed lots of buttons when i open the tourist maps and nothing happens

You need to go to first-person and then press RT to open the map, then it folds up and you can see and zoom in on all of Chernarus. 🙂

You still have to know where you are though, it won't give you any info on that.

The only way to learn your location is to go looking for the city-names on the signs by every major road in and out of the towns, or just plainly get to know the map so every spawning-point can be identified right away and navigating gets easier.

It takes a while (its a big map lol), but after a couple of hundreds of hours playtime your head will start to collect all the small areas you memorized over time and suddenly you got a full map in your head and hardly need izurvive at all. 🙂

There are also some stationary maps around the map (usually at the hunting camps and by the colored forest-trails) which shows the map and actually also tells you where you are (with a little red dot on the map), but other then that you have to connect the dots yourself to get a clue on your location as this is DayZ and not ARMA - we will never get any kind of GPS-equipment (that would surprise me a lot anyway!).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonas Levin said:

You need to go to first-person and then press RT to open the map, then it folds up and you can see and zoom in on all of Chernarus. 🙂

You still have to know where you are though, it won't give you any info on that.

The only way to learn your location is to go looking for the city-names on the signs by every major road in and out of the towns, or just plainly get to know the map so every spawning-point can be identified right away and navigating gets easier.

It takes a while (its a big map lol), but after a couple of hundreds of hours playtime your head will start to collect all the small areas you memorized over time and suddenly you got a full map in your head and hardly need izurvive at all. 🙂

There are also some stationary maps around the map (usually at the hunting camps and by the colored forest-trails) which shows the map and actually also tells you where you are (with a little red dot on the map), but other then that you have to connect the dots yourself to get a clue on your location as this is DayZ and not ARMA - we will never get any kind of GPS-equipment (that would surprise me a lot anyway!).

oh ive always been in 3rd person, thats probably why i cant zoom out lol. thanks

On 10/6/2019 at 8:39 PM, milkieman said:

oh ive always been in 3rd person, thats probably why i cant zoom out lol. thanks

You shouldn't be playing 3rd person. Move to fps  and play it properly 

Edited by awalsh47
  • Haha 1
  • Beans 1

5 minutes ago, awalsh47 said:

SMH, the game police are on patrol again

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, awalsh47 said:

TPP is a way of playing the game just like FPP is and has no bearing on playing the game "properly". Just because FPP suits you doesn't mean it suits other people.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Tino81 said:

TPP is a way of playing the game just like FPP is and has no bearing on playing the game "properly". Just because FPP suits you doesn't mean it suits other 

Your right I shouldn't make fun of the corner peekers. They just don't know any better with their invisible periscopes 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, awalsh47 said:

Your right I shouldn't make fun of the corner peekers. They just don't know any better with their invisible periscopes 

Hate the game, not the player!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, awalsh47 said:

If you don't like playing DayZ TPP, why don't you just play on FPP only servers?

On 10/9/2019 at 2:40 PM, awalsh47 said:

You should not be playing in 1st person. Move to tps and play it properly.

Funny enough, my point is just as valid as yours.

Why don't YOU go play it like YOU like it, and HE go play it like HE likes it - which problems are included in that?

If you want to RP to be a police-man then do it in Chernarus, not in here bro.

• Like 5

On 10/9/2019 at 8:40 AM, awalsh47 said:

10/10

Most prolly won't understand what that means^

GG non the less...