Llane Beshere

New maps, but not Livonia

It's cool we have new content in the game. But why it is Livonia? It's looks not much differnt from Chernorus.

We need new places where it's hard/different to survive: arctic tundra, desert with oasises,  high mountains with ice peaks to storm, islands archipelagoe with canoes and rafts.

That will be the DLCs all people here will glad to pay and play.

P.S. Bring back fishing and weather effects pls. Or game feels now like a counter strike not DayZ.

Edited by Llane Beshere
  • Beans 1

Yeah also Livonia isn't supposed to be DLC at all imo, it should be put straight into main game since there's pretty much 0 new content in it just nearly randomly scattered current assets.
I would totally accept something like completely unique maps as DLC for example based on China City/US town/Desert/Norwegian mountains etc.

It's like they're trying to keep the playerbase as much as they can at the same time earn as much and who knows whats going on with the core features of dayz such as bicycles/helicopters or even proper ragdolls, if i remember correctly there was pretty much nothing new in last half year just mostly reimported/remade old assets/features of .62.
Hopefully by the end of 2020 dayz will leave Beta ( 2.0 ? )

Edited by exacomvm

I, for one, will not spend a dime on that DLC.  Chernarus is small enough as is, idk why anyone would want a smaller map.  I guess if you're trying to create something more fast-paced, but DayZ isn't about fast-paced action.  It's about immersion, exploration, survival, establishment and random interaction.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 4:35 AM, exacomvm said:

if i remember correctly there was pretty much nothing new in last half year just mostly reimported/remade old assets/features of .62.

That's a bit of a self-contradicting statement.  BI has been remaking this game from scratch.  The engine, the renderer, the models, the textures, the sounds, etc, etc, are all being remade.  Remakes, in it of themselves, ARE "new".  Most of the content that most would consider "new" comes from mods.  That's why they opened the game up to modding.  They knew they needed more content, but were focused on fixing issues and remaking old, vanilla, content.  And, though it still feels like a "beta" game, 1.0 marked the official "full release".

5 hours ago, NachoNinjaGnome said:

That's a bit of a self-contradicting statement.  BI has been remaking this game from scratch.  The engine, the renderer, the models, the textures, the sounds, etc, etc, are all being remade.  Remakes, in it of themselves, ARE "new".  Most of the content that most would consider "new" comes from mods.  That's why they opened the game up to modding.  They knew they needed more content, but were focused on fixing issues and remaking old, vanilla, content.  And, though it still feels like a "beta" game, 1.0 marked the official "full release".

Not exactly making from scratch, what they did is pretty much upgraded/updated the engine which added loads of new bugs/issues ( yes, it's the exact same engine just "expanded" for more possibilities and some obsolete stuff got improved i guess ), most of the stuff is same as before from 2-5years ago and there's even some "new" assets taken from Arma 3.

There's very little progress for a game studio, if i didn't knew anything about dayz and it's team my guess would be that this game is being made by ~3 hobbyists fairly actively and highly dedicated ( 3d generalist/designer and 2 programmers ).
On another hand it seems like the whole progress is going on in the programming/bugfixing, visually and asset-wise there's nothing new ( almost, only few things got retextured or added, but 90% of the map assets such as houses and many props looks the same as it was 4years ago ) and even some things were downgraded such as ragdolls ( which isn't even ragdolls currently just single animation which seems they're working on it or it's not even started yet ) also i'm not sure about the new sprinting animation, it's almost like "naruto run" just hands aren't behind, there's many good things such as the new characters imo is best i've seen in any game, the player controller is also decent, but lacks polishing on some falling/vaulting anims and mechanics, some many other things were added, but it's not that much.

Overall this game is nowhere close to "Full Release". 

Edited by exacomvm

BI is a, relatively, small studio, in it of itself, and DayZ is a "side-project" for them.  In addition to developing the old build and building the new one, they also had to deal with changes in staff.  They did all this with a skeleton crew.  While most companies developing a game of this magnitude would have a dev team in the neighborhood of 100 people, BI has been developing DayZ with a dev team of around 20.  It's, actually, a wonder that they've gotten the game to its current state in the time that they have.  People talk so much about how slow development is, because they're used to games from larger companies that are little more than a repolishing of the previous game from the year before.  Those companies remake the same game, repeatedly with much larger teams, so it stands to reason that they'd pump out a "new" game every year.  People talk so much crap about BI and DayZ's slow progress, but they fail to mention the sheer ambition of the game.  They fail to realize just how much work goes into something like this and how long that work actually takes.  I could go on about the scope of the mass's imperceptions, but I JUST woke up and don't have the motivation.

Anyway, I do agree that DayZ is far from what most would consider "full release", but with their setbacks, they had to do something to keep the game afloat and I'm glad they did.  It may still feel like beta with all the bugs, but, then again, so does Arma 3.  Doesn't stop me from playing either one.

5 hours ago, NachoNinjaGnome said:

BI is a, relatively, small studio, in it of itself, and DayZ is a "side-project" for them.  In addition to developing the old build and building the new one, they also had to deal with changes in staff.  They did all this with a skeleton crew.  While most companies developing a game of this magnitude would have a dev team in the neighborhood of 100 people, BI has been developing DayZ with a dev team of around 20.

You realize this contradicts what we've been told by BI themselves, right?  This might be true as of now, but as "new engine DayZ" was being developed over the past couple of years, according to Eugen Harten, the team was comprised of approximately 80 people.  If you look in the development logs on dayz.com from around November 2018, you'll see reference to this fact -- they state that the team has I believe they said 86 people and that the team would remain intact going into 2019.

So, yeah, what you state here is incorrect.

On 10/7/2019 at 11:23 AM, drgullen said:

You realize this contradicts what we've been told by BI themselves, right?  This might be true as of now, but as "new engine DayZ" was being developed over the past couple of years, according to Eugen Harten, the team was comprised of approximately 80 people.  If you look in the development logs on dayz.com from around November 2018, you'll see reference to this fact -- they state that the team has I believe they said 86 people and that the team would remain intact going into 2019.

So, yeah, what you state here is incorrect.

Guess they contradict themselves... because the dev team list I saw WAS from BI.  Though, that was awhile ago and DID list Dean Hall as the project head or whatever his title was and, from what I've heard, he is no longer on the team, or at least not the head... idk, too early to try to remember things right now... I need more caffeine.

15 minutes ago, NachoNinjaGnome said:

Guess they contradict themselves... because the dev team list I saw WAS from BI.  Though, that was awhile ago and DID list Dean Hall as the project head or whatever his title was and, from what I've heard, he is no longer on the team, or at least not the head...

Boy you are behind the news with this post.

• Beans 1

4 minutes ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Boy you are behind the news with this post.

As much was stated IN the post... but thank you for the clarification.

yea man.  Dean just left the team early last week, I think.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 2

On 10/16/2019 at 2:17 AM, Parazight said:

yea man.  Dean just left the team early last week, I think.

Hicks has hinted he might be leaving too!

• Beans 1

Well, that went off the rails.. Cleaned up a little with offtopic posts.

• Haha 1

I really enjoyed Lingor and Taviana from the old mod.

I wish there were more map choices.  I really really liked Taviana.  Good loot locations, good ambush positions, wide variety of terrain and road networks, and also the road networks generally made SENSE (like most roads going through a town went straight through).