LnS247

Community servers have been a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.

Where to start with this.....

Right from the start, Nitrado's apps are dog****.

1) You can tell right away when you use it that it's super basic.  The functionality is poor.  It looks and navigates like some a**hole coded it with an old lates 80s computer language.

2)  Server admins CANNOT ADMIN ANYTHING!!

As a server admin, all you can do is listen!

Listen to reports of dupers that you can't do anything about.

Listen to reports of the server being down.

Every single day that's all I do is reply "sorry, looking into it" "sorry its up" "sorry its stuck in endless restart loop"  "sorry I cant do anything"

The log viewer is garbage which makes that feature useless.

All admins can do is set the name of the server and change a few lame options.

3)  Server stability is TRASH.  Everyday.  All we hear are reports asking why it's down.

We can't even force a restart.  If it's stuck restarting we have to just wait.  Sometimes up to 8 hours.  Unacceptable.

We can't ask our player base (which we have a large one of) for donations because the server has so many issues.  Why would anybody support our server?

Got me thinking.....why am I supporting it?

Love the game.

Can't stand the company behind it.

$150 a month.  Yea, no more.

Thanks but no thanks.

It's principle.

🙂

Edited by LnS247
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, LnS247 said:

Where to start with this.....

Right from the start, Nitrado's apps are dog****.

1) You can tell right away when you use it that it's super basic.  The functionality is poor.  It looks and navigates like some a**hole coded it with an old lates 80s computer language.

2)  Server admins CANNOT ADMIN ANYTHING!!

As a server admin, all you can do is listen!

Listen to reports of dupers that you can't do anything about.

Listen to reports of the server being down.

Every single day that's all I do is reply "sorry, looking into it" "sorry its up" "sorry its stuck in endless restart loop"  "sorry I cant do anything"

The log viewer is garbage which makes that feature useless.

All admins can do is set the name of the server and change a few lame options.

3)  Server stability is TRASH.  Everyday.  All we hear are reports asking why it's down.

We can't even force a restart.  If it's stuck restarting we have to just wait.  Sometimes up to 8 hours.  Unacceptable.

We can't ask our player base (which we have a large one of) for donations because the server has so many issues.  Why would anybody support our server?

Got me thinking.....why am I supporting it?

Love the game.

Can't stand the company behind it.

$150 a month.  Yea, no more.

Thanks but no thanks.

It's principle.

🙂

#notanotherdimeuntilgameisfixed 

Poor fella, too bad they didn't tell you beforehand what you can and what you can't do as an admin....oooooh wait.

Q: What are the tools we get with it?
A: The servers can be controlled via the Nitrado Web Interface, the smartphone App, and the Microsoft Store App (Xbox only). You will be able to control:

Server name

Password

Time and time acceleration

Maximum player count (up to 100)

Camera mode

Access to the in-game logs, monitoring what's happening on your server

Server messages

They did!

That should have rang the bell before throwing 150 bugs in the face of an exclusive server hoster. Not like I support this kind of practice, we've been there with "Fragnet", paying a fortune every month for laughable service and hands tied behind our backs for way too long. But going full victim mode on this forum when you knew whats coming isn't making things better.

2 hours ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

. But going full victim mode on this forum when you knew whats coming isn't making things better.

They didn't warn us that the stability would be poor.

They didn't warn us that they'd not try to improve the servers - instead opting to grab more cash with DLC.

Your response was anticipated.

Textbook NPC.

• Haha 1

Did you play the game before renting a server? If yes, you knew what was coming. Did you read the annoucements? If yes, you knew what was coming. You even could have just hold on to your money for a few more days and wait for user comments about stability etc. Instead you jumped straight on the wagon, ignoring every warning in plain sight.

Why are you complaining about a lot of things which are out of the hands of the developers? The server stability, support for servers and log viewers, tools, etc. are completely out of their hands.

5000 pointless 10 man servers

Everyones server is behind a password and has a horrific long discord approval process and admins routinely  get upset and boot everyone out to reapply again.then they get upset why their 60 or 100 slot has 3 people in it.

Snowflake servers with KOS only at airfeild and map wide safe zones. No tension.( by all means have one town as safe zone but the map should be wild and dangerous)

Snowflake servers with 5 minute nights-grow a pair. Long nights is part of the game.

Snowflake servers where you aren't allowed raid bases 

Most server owners bring it on themselves

Edited by awalsh47
  • Like 1

For me community servers have been the saviour of this game. Find yourself a good one or two and you're golden.

Yes it's frustrating the pages and pages of empty 10 mans but they'll disappear eventually leaving hopefully the ones that actually have players on them. Less shooty shooty dupey dupey too. 

The tension is still there on the ones I play on as well but as I say. You need to find a good one and that won't happen straight away.

My server has no password or process to join and is 10 hours day 10 mins night if anyone interested?

1 hour ago, Seth Allen Smith said:

less duping?   There is an insane amount of duping going down on the private servers. 

I guess we've been lucky then.

AR's are still occasionally spawning on the ones I play on with medium to high pop on both of them.

I hope you also sent this to Nitrado, otherwise it’ll likely not get to the right people.

11 hours ago, awalsh47 said:

5000 pointless 10 man servers

Everyones server is behind a password and has a horrific long discord approval process and admins routinely  get upset and boot everyone out to reapply again.then they get upset why their 60 or 100 slot has 3 people in it.

Snowflake servers with KOS only at airfeild and map wide safe zones. No tension.( by all means have one town as safe zone but the map should be wild and dangerous)

Snowflake servers with 5 minute nights-grow a pair. Long nights is part of the game.

Snowflake servers where you aren't allowed raid bases 

Most server owners bring it on themselves

Sounds like public servers are what you’re looking for.

The whole point of private servers is to have something else besides the constant PUBG mentality plauging this game on official. The RP element is a large driver for servers with those types of rules. It’s about that one thing that sets DayZ apart from all the others...interactions..

• Beans 1

Interactions with the threat of ever present danger.

That's dayz.

I don't KOS and frown upon it but the huge amount of private servers that have specific  pvp zones just don't get it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, awalsh47 said:

Interactions with the threat of ever present danger.

That's dayz.

I don't KOS and frown upon it but the huge amount of private servers that have specific  pvp zones just don't get it

Agreed. I said this was coming. I was told I was wrong. It would be the savior. However I've seen it all before on PC. Private hives are cliquey af. Admin get butthurt and boot ban and fuck you over for their feelings. It's just a power trip for all the babies that get wrecked in public servers and just want to kumbaya. Go play fucking minecraft if you want to kumbaya. I respect private servers that regulate cheating and oversee things. Now Private servers that regulate actual gameplay in a game that is meant to be played HOWEVER the fuck you want though can eat the dick right off their high horse.

• Thanks 1

It doesn’t take 8hrs to fix a downed server. All you need to do to fix stability is set server reset intervals, by doing so it cleans up the lobby multiple times a day to prevent data leaks or anomaly’s from occurring which yield crashes.

My server used to crash something fierce, now I think it’s only crashed like once since adding 6hr restart intervals.

We took it down as best we could.

Deleted Discord, Facebook group etc.

Reinstalled server and let it just sit there for remaining 2 weeks or so until expiry.

Even in it's default, fresh install state it keeps restarting, stopping, idling at stopped, restarting etc.

Maybe it's the 100 player servers with worse performance.

Also, it's easy to comment for those who haven't experienced the issues we have (did) with 100 player slots.

So glad it's gone tbh.

All we did was pay $150 a month to act as customer service to our players every hour complaining the server is down.

DayZ devs could easily get Nitrado to implement more tools for community servers.  And if it's being worked on already - tell us.

Instead they work on new content instead of fixing things.

That, plus their silence on the community server issues tells me that they are content taking our money (well, your money) to finance said content.

It's insulting.

All good though cuz it's finished now! Phew!

3 hours ago, LnS247 said:

All good though cuz it's finished now! Phew!

Sounds like you've had a pretty frustrating experience. I hope they sort it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LnS247 said:

All we did was pay $150 a month to act as customer service to our players every hour complaining the server is down.

DayZ devs could easily get Nitrado to implement more tools for community servers.  And if it's being worked on already - tell us.

Instead they work on new content instead of fixing things.

That, plus their silence on the community server issues tells me that they are content taking our money (well, your money) to finance said content.

Hi, textbook NPC here,

it's even easier to comment on your whining with enough experience to know what you are talking about, PC had problems similar to those console admins are living through right now. But instead of going wild on a forum we took a realistic approach and reduced the slots to a payable and playable level, 70 seems to be the sweet spot for now. When we were still forced to "choose" between a small number of exclusive hosters 1x60 was enough.

But devs using money to create something...damn, you are onto something there, 9/11 all over again man. Whats next, people getting payed for work? Or people working on different things at the same time, like bugfixing and new content? Can't be!

All in all its for the best you stop being an admin, you could have asked for help and as you can see, even now some members are offering tips, instead all I see from you is creating an image of the poor little victim of evil BI and Nitrado.

16 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Sounds like you've had a pretty frustrating experience. I hope they sort it. 

Not even frustrating just disappointing.

Between the time I posted here yesterday and today the server has been restarting and going offline and that's with a fresh install and no players too.

So it has nothing to do with traffic or anything I did in the settings because it's in it's default state lol!!

The servers are just trash.

The customer service is trash. (Go ahead try)

The devs don't care.

You can tell right away that the whole thing is budget when you get their app.

Middle school-level design.

😁👍

Edited by LnS247

On 9/26/2019 at 5:15 PM, RussianReavers said:

It doesn’t take 8hrs to fix a downed server. All you need to do to fix stability is set server reset intervals, by doing so it cleans up the lobby multiple times a day to prevent data leaks or anomaly’s from occurring which yield crashes.

My server used to crash something fierce, now I think it’s only crashed like once since adding 6hr restart intervals.

Thanks for your input but I wouldn't be here making this thread had I not exhausted all options first.

We have some bright people in our team and we already tried everything.

Go get a 100 player server and see for yourself.

======================================

1.05 Patch notes

Added ban list for community servers

======================================

Lol just as I expected.

Too little too late.

The snail's pace at which the devs work is way too slow.

Expecting us to fund the game out of alpha for years and years.

#fallof76   <------- that's BI and DayZ