ImpulZ

Stable Update 1.05

To be honest, to me it was always just the wish, that the rest of Chernarus gets a bit of vegetation, a few ruins, so it can act as player-based terrain. no loot and only a few zombies, and animal spawns. That would always have worked the best for the old school Epoch era, where you could often see, that admin bases and player bases tried to establish themselves in the far north (Green Acres). It was a natural trend I would have picked up and developed upon.

At least this is how I would go forward if it were my game.

Maybe a giant river and mountains as a natural border, and the rest just rudimentary map design. Allow the individual servers to stitch their own solution there, and just give basic support.
Could also be some procedural solution on some Voronoi based cellular map, which could also have worked in the south as islands, so that it always feels like there is some boundary around you, but incentive to loot is to travel south. This should be fairly easy to create, and would not diminish the quality of the main map.

That way player made castles would not have been a problem in the playmap either, and even the server hopping could have been solved easily, if you disable it in the "Green Acres of the north" , so it would not even be needed to forbid building in the main map, because for players it would be much more lucrative to go north and claim some land in the empty vegetation (which is hopping safe).

Going north then either means, you want to be left alone in the wilderness, you want to establish a permanent presence, or you want to attack other player groups. The standard gameplay of loot and shoot would stay mostly in the main map.

Custom servers could do spins like wastelands, custom map design, close it off, etc.

One could always further expand chernarus to the west, if the engine gets negative X coordinate support. But designing the map further and further would not yield much, if it stays the same old same old. It just dillutes the playerbase. I am fine if new maps have other servers.

Edited by g4borg

Is cooking bugged? Or am I doing something wrong? Tried to cook cow steaks over a fireplace in some house and it just did not go from rare to cooked, I just ate it after 10 minutes of cooking it because I was fed up with it bugging out and then I died of fucking food poisoning in a timeframe of like 15 minutes - how is that realistic? Also how can food poisoning be lethal so quickly and after puking your brains out? 

This game is a mess. Base-building is what killed this game for good.

You should have taken the player's advice and make it possible to barricade and fortify already existing structures in Chernarus because the bases feel out of place, are bugged and pretty much useless right now whereas fortified houses or even those big apartment buildings would be amazing to fortify and occupy - and very atmospheric and blend in with the world - also much harder to locate.

Apple trees are still exploitable, by the way. Just in a very weird and different way from what it used to be. Just go to a location with apple trees, not the big orchards though, then leave and come back after 15 minutes and they spawn. If you do not leave and return they will not spawn and you will not find apples. Dumb.

Edited by VVarhead

I cooked a bagful of steaks last night and I have seen no recent tickets about it. Either you were desynced or you did something wrong. Baking a steak on a stick takes about half a minute, boiling things in a pot just a little longer.

3 hours ago, VVarhead said:

Is cooking bugged? Or am I doing something wrong? Tried to cook cow steaks over a fireplace in some house and it just did not go from rare to cooked, I just ate it after 10 minutes of cooking it because I was fed up with it bugging out and then I died of fucking food poisoning in a timeframe of like 15 minutes - how is that realistic? Also how can food poisoning be lethal so quickly and after puking your brains out? 

This game is a mess. Base-building is what killed this game for good.

You should have taken the player's advice and make it possible to barricade and fortify already existing structures in Chernarus because the bases feel out of place, are bugged and pretty much useless right now whereas fortified houses or even those big apartment buildings would be amazing to fortify and occupy - and very atmospheric and blend in with the world - also much harder to locate.

Apple trees are still exploitable, by the way. Just in a very weird and different way from what it used to be. Just go to a location with apple trees, not the big orchards though, then leave and come back after 15 minutes and they spawn. If you do not leave and return they will not spawn and you will not find apples. Dumb.

Cooking works fine so far, unless you were having kind of weird desync issue or doing something incorrectly. If you're doing one at a time, you should see a progress bar. If you're cooking them in the pot, you need to make sure you place them in the slot in the campfire, not just on the campfire, cause that won't do anything. You also need water in the cooking pot. 

As far as the time it takes for sickness to affect you...it's still a video game. Everything is still an abstract and has to be sped up somewhat. There's never going to be "true realism", otherwise it would take days for things to affect your character. 

You can actually build walls to fortuity existing structures. It's not as elegant as simply boarding up windows, but it completely works. Check out this video. The relevant stuff starts at the 5:50 mark. 

I wouldn't call that apple tree thing an exploit. Going back and forth to an apple tree every 15 minutes just to get apples sounds like pretty much how the Central Loot Economy works. By that math, it would you take an hour to get, what, 6 or 7 apples? And again, it's an abstraction of what looting an apple tree would be like. A big apple tree is probably going to have more than one apple in it.  

Edited by thepoey
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

bug bug bug

WIN-TAREGR758UU, 11.10 2019 00:25:15

[wpnfsm] Mp133Shotgun:025019 chamberFromInnerMagazine, error - cannot load chamber!
Function: 'Error'
Stack trace:
scripts/1_Core/proto\endebug.c:44
scripts/4_World/entities\firearms\fsm\weapon_utils.c:52
scripts/4_World/entities\firearms\fsm\states\weaponchamberfromattmag.c:32
scripts/3_Game/systems\hfsmbase.c:446
scripts/3_Game/systems\hfsmbase.c:474
scripts/3_Game/systems\hfsmbase.c:362
scripts/4_World/entities\firearms\fsm\states\weaponstatebase.c:83
scripts/3_Game/systems\hfsmbase.c:328
scripts/4_World/entities\firearms\weapon_base.c:132
scripts/4_World/systems\inventory\dayzplayerinventory.c:135
scripts/4_World/entities\dayzplayerimplement.c:583
scripts/4_World/entities\dayzplayerimplement.c:1609
scripts/4_World/entities\manbase\playerbase.c:2050

dear Dayz i lost my full character today after maintence, whats wrong ? how to get back ? 

Edited by Zvoni mir

just run and re-loot. will take 3 hrs of your time to get full geared

9 minutes ago, Zvoni mir said:

dear Dayz i lost my full character today after maintence, whats wrong ? how to get back ? 

Edited by MAMEniac

What the update?????

@ImpulZ Why no patchnotes for today's update? Even if nothing (supposedly, a wiped character hive is pretty major...) has changed for the end user a patchnote explaining just that is standard practice. Ninja updates are unwelcome, they raise many questions that a simple patchnote would cover.

Since I have no remote access to my server it will be down until I get home Friday night. I can live with that, I'd just like to know why...

@ImpulZ @Greensek Give us info about that update you released today! Characters, bases and stashes ARE affected and our servers are crashing like crazy. 

2 hours ago, MAMEniac said:

what about some information about the last 2 small patches ?

look at the first page of the post and scroll down 

Where's the goddamn changelog?

always the same, you publish an update and there is no changelog available..

you devs never learn it? to each update, a changelog belongs to it...

Edited by ServerAtze

The server often crashes. Some players cannot log into the server. What a wretched update ???

Yep, no patch notes for this one.  And it's very nice of the devs to break the game. 

so far both of my (modded) servers run fine, but we have a lot of client crashes - seemingly because of a heavy plate carrier (inventory bugs)

What happened to the whole character and hive wipe, due to dupers messed with central economy ? I still have my same character in the wild after all this patch.

Edited by BAHADIR

After update, Dayz client always disconnects from any servers when connecting ((((
Also with a server in LAN
What is the problem????