Anyeurysm

Whitelisting is needed immediately

The rollout of these private servers have been... let's just say, less than ideal.

With that being said, the server logs are a nice feature being able to see who killed who and where, but there is an issue here. Grenade damage does not show who caused the damage. So I imagine landmines probably dont show either. 

We are having a major issue with griefing on our server and the griefers have been using alt accounts.

Without deeper server tools and the ability to whitelist, server owners simply cannot properly police their servers.

The private server experience has become Increasingly disappointing.

We need whitelisting and/or ip bans. Otherwise, what's the point?

Edited by Anyeurysm
  • Like 2

Couldn't agree more, hopefully whitelisting become available soon. Unfortunately a ban list most likely won't come due to xbox privacy rules that the devs most likely have no say over on xbox atleast. I'm pretty sure the community manager @ImpulZ has said as much previously but could be wrong. Also some kind of access to the server configuration would be nice in the future also, for weapon spawns & increasing base building durability etc.

• Like 1

Most of the private servers I’m in use their own approved gamer tag list in Discord, as well as a no alt accounts rule.

Things seem to work well that way. Being able to track other players in the server is a necessity, I couldn’t  imagine not keeping track of who’s allowed in and having who knows how many alt accounts associated..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nayte said:

Most of the private servers I’m in use their own approved gamer tag list in Discord, as well as a no alt accounts rule.

Things seem to work well that way. Being able to track other players in the server is a necessity, I couldn’t  imagine not keeping track of who’s allowed in and having who knows how many alt accounts associated..

A white list would make it so that it's not necessary to keep track of and make the server 100% secure, passwords get passed around and even people who are on discord lists can still use alt accounts to log in & only after griefers or password abusers are reported can passwords be changed which requires owners to change passwords frequently & other legitimate users having to check for new passwords constantly. I hear you that the current method can work but it's not secure. Whitelisting would alleviate a lot if problems permanently for owners & server users In general. Most server owners on PC that run rule based semi RP/encouraged interaction servers or with specific PvP areas have enough issues as it is without having to deal with constant log checking to see who is on the server & whether they should be there or not, it just takes one troll to ruin the experience for everyone. Whitelisting holds everyone accountable without exceptions.

• Like 1

If we are kicking a player from our server we normally end up having to kick the whole group because they will just keep giving out the password. We also had someone create dummy Reddit accounts to post the password on there. Whitelisting will make things a lot easier for us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skimshady said:

Maybe a stupid question but how do you know there Alt accounts they will be on?

If you get a list of gamer tags for people that are supposed to be there, you can compare that to people in the players online list.

You will notice the names that don't belong.

There is no way to tell who the alt accounts belong to.

With a whitelist, the admin can input the list of gamertags that do belong and the alts simply cannot gain access.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DonSibleyGames said:

Yep, had some random dude, streaming on TWITCH from my private server. like WTF!

lmao, hope you booted him out right fast 😂

5 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

lmao, hope you booted him out right fast 😂

Which brings up the next point... admins cannot kick individuals from their server... all that can be done is to restart the server, which affects every player on the server.

Again, this just further highlights the inadequacies of the tools available to server owners.

Good money is being paid to BI/Nitrado, expectations are not being met.

7 hours ago, DonSibleyGames said:

Yep, had some random dude, streaming on TWITCH from my private server. like WTF!

Assuming he’s not showing the password input, what’s wrong with streaming on private server? 

Having a solid RP community would make for some great footage.

6 minutes ago, Nayte said:

Assuming he’s not showing the password input, what’s wrong with streaming on private server? 

What he means by a random dude is someone who doesn't belong on the server.

And yes, this streamer gave out the password.

Edited by Anyeurysm

51 minutes ago, Anyeurysm said:

What he means by a random dude is someone who doesn't belong on the server.

And yes, this streamer gave out the password.

Ah, that’s unfortunate.

On 8/27/2019 at 5:13 AM, DonSibleyGames said:

On 8/27/2019 at 12:47 PM, Nayte said:

Don, dont you have a RP server?