Zalic

Is there a cure Doc?

As a fresh spawn at the start of the 1.04 update I bandaged a wound with the rags I started with. It gave me some sort of infection and I cant get ride of it. Since then I've taken the antibiotics found at the med clinics and disinfected all my rags but it still persist. I play with two character profiles on xbox and they both have the same infection. Is there a cure?

3 hours ago, Zalic said:

As a fresh spawn at the start of the 1.04 update I bandaged a wound with the rags I started with. It gave me some sort of infection and I cant get ride of it. Since then I've taken the antibiotics found at the med clinics and disinfected all my rags but it still persist. I play with two character profiles on xbox and they both have the same infection. Is there a cure?

Take a tetracycline, wait till the pill 💊 icon disappears then take another. Usually takes three or four. 

• Beans 1

It can be hard to get rid of, I had one character that refused to get well even after several full packs of tetra (taken one at a time until the medicine-icon disappears and then another one) plus charcoal tablets and codeine just to top it off.

Then yesterday some KoS'ing idiot shot me in the back the other day (I was dumb and thought it was a teammate coming up the stairs), that took care of the problem.

Luckily the non-talking jerkwad got taken care of by my two mates who were less then 100 meter away and after using 30-40 minutes to get back I got all my gear back plus my share of the idiots.

Lesson: Come and say hello next time instead, you might meet some new friends instead of losing all your gear because you got the loot-fever. 🙂

I didn't think vits did anything.  I had to patch myself up after a zed hit me, but I didn't have any alcohol or disinfectant, so I have a bug.  No amount of anything has gotten rid of it yet.  I didn't take any charcoal, though.  I wouldn't think that it would help for an infected wound.

Yeah, pretty sure vitamins don't do anything right now. It takes a while to cure infection using tetracycline at intervals. It does work, just takes a while. 

vitamins do help!  i take one every time i log on, it helps the tetra heal you faster.  anytime i'm sick from a zombie hit its cured with 1 dose of the tetra instead of multiple.

as far as i know the sickness you get from eating uncooked meat is still not curable tho

Edited by xxxD1RTD1VRxxx

The more you wait to treat, the more you'll have to take tetra, but just one pill at a time, more is waste.

On 8/24/2019 at 10:14 AM, Jonas Levin said:

It can be hard to get rid of, I had one character that refused to get well even after several full packs of tetra (taken one at a time until the medicine-icon disappears and then another one) plus charcoal tablets and codeine just to top it off.

Then yesterday some KoS'ing idiot shot me in the back the other day (I was dumb and thought it was a teammate coming up the stairs), that took care of the problem.

Luckily the non-talking jerkwad got taken care of by my two mates who were less then 100 meter away and after using 30-40 minutes to get back I got all my gear back plus my share of the idiots.

Lesson: Come and say hello next time instead, you might meet some new friends instead of losing all your gear because you got the loot-fever. 🙂

I love when people get so butthurt about players that kill on site. If you dont like it, maybe you should play a less savage game where there is no killing. What the hell would you expect during a real apocalypse? People would be killing eachother for supplies. Welcome to reality 

The first time I had this I tried all sorts, even drinking the alcohol tincture bottle along with the tetra tablets 😂

That character died and my other one caught the same bug from eating an apple but this one took 5 tetra tablets to get rid of it.

1 hour ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

I love when people get so butthurt about players that kill on site. If you dont like it, maybe you should play a less savage game where there is no killing. What the hell would you expect during a real apocalypse? People would be killing eachother for supplies. Welcome to reality 

I love it when people get butthurt about people getting butthurt by KOS players 👍

The only "butthurt" person here is Porcelain_Punisher.

Im glad people like that aint allowed on the server I play with.

And BTW: I got my gear back plus the gear of the idiot who KoS'ed me - so the only loser in this equation is the KoS'er plus Porcelain who apparently has a sore butt lol.

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Except I'm not butthurt?  👍

tw5om.jpg

23 minutes ago, Tino81 said:

Couldn't resist a meme back 😂

Cute meme. Still doesnt pertain to me. Some of you kids are crying when people kill you in a survival video game and using quite the hateful language. All I said was perhaps the game isnt for you and you need something a bit more G rated. I mean you can take that as butthurt if you want if it helps feel better. I just wish some of you would come to realize that it's people like you are the reason alot of gamers enjoy killing on sight. Just sayin. 

On 9/18/2019 at 8:05 AM, Jonas Levin said:

The only "butthurt" person here is Porcelain_Punisher.

Im glad people like that aint allowed on the server I play with.

And BTW: I got my gear back plus the gear of the idiot who KoS'ed me - so the only loser in this equation is the KoS'er plus Porcelain who apparently has a sore butt lol.

"Sore butt" yet you cry when people kill you in a video game and all I did was say that's dumb ahaa.

Ok kiddo

1 hour ago, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Cute meme. Still doesnt pertain to me. Some of you kids are crying when people kill you in a survival video game and using quite the hateful language. All I said was perhaps the game isnt for you and you need something a bit more G rated. I mean you can take that as butthurt if you want if it helps feel better. I just wish some of you would come to realize that it's people like you are the reason alot of gamers enjoy killing on sight. Just sayin. 

KOS is part of the game, I would rather try an communicate but I understand that other people play the game differently. That's what's so dynamic about it because if we all did the same thing it'd be bloody boring.

So no, I'm not butthurt in the slightest so why don't we keep this on topic about a character being ill rather than you spin it around when someone mentioned a KOS in a response 👍

10 hours ago, Tino81 said:

KOS is part of the game, I would rather try an communicate but I understand that other people play the game differently. That's what's so dynamic about it because if we all did the same thing it'd be bloody boring.

So no, I'm not butthurt in the slightest so why don't we keep this on topic about a character being ill rather than you spin it around when someone mentioned a KOS in a response 👍

Pretty sure my initial butthurt post was specifically directed at someone else, considering I qouted them.

Yet you felt the need to seek attention by coming up with some fantasy that I was actually upset about people crying when they get killed on sight in dayz.  Maybe next time you should consider keeping your mouth shut instead of making up some wild false bullshit and then getting defensive when someone calls you on it.

Look at the comment that I qouted and then look at what I said in response to it. There was absolutely no need nor logic in you having to respond to me in the way that you did without looking like an idiot.

• Haha 1

A lot of you wonder why kids come on this game and enjoy killing on sight or just being A'holes. The core dayz community is toxic and always has been. Full of cry babys. It was when I played on PC and it still is on console. 

On ‎9‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:41 PM, Porcelain_Punisher said:

Pretty sure my initial butthurt post was specifically directed at someone else, considering I qouted them.

Yet you felt the need to seek attention by coming up with some fantasy that I was actually upset about people crying when they get killed on sight in dayz.  Maybe next time you should consider keeping your mouth shut instead of making up some wild false bullshit and then getting defensive when someone calls you on it.

Look at the comment that I qouted and then look at what I said in response to it. There was absolutely no need nor logic in you having to respond to me in the way that you did without looking like an idiot.

shh.jpg

Just like Queen Elsa said, let it go.

Admins, any chance of a thread clean please? I think this is getting a little out of hand and WAY off topic.