lanejf

Spawn keeps resetting

Spawn keeps resetting... I'm not server hopping.... Why do I spawn in Narnia when I disconnect.....

5 hours ago, Skofield_Kid said:

Punishment for duping all the Turkish delight. 

Guess you struggle at reading.

3 minutes ago, lanejf said:

Guess you struggle at reading.

Are you absolutely sure you are rejoining the same server? Because if you're not, that's why your spawn point keeps resetting. I have no clue what the Narnia reference is meant to be. 

I was in Europe server ru 4032. I had problems picking up a gun after repairing it . Logged out and logged back in to remedy it . When I spawned again I was a fresh spawn as if I'd been killed ? Also when joining same server I'm not in same location sometimes .

I joined a private server last night. I spawned as a new character on the beach. Did I loose my character and gear I had before joining this server? Will it be the old character if I go back to previous server?

I've also had occasions where I've joined the same server after going to sleep (9+ hrs) & it's respawns me far south. I dot mind as I'm sure this server hopping system will be tweaked over time but frustrating when you play only one server & log out 

4 minutes ago, john garcia said:

I joined a private server last night. I spawned as a new character on the beach. Did I loose my character and gear I had before joining this server? Will it be the old character if I go back to previous server?

It will be a new character on every private server. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, john garcia said:

No man, private servers have there own character databases, so every new private server you join will have a new character that can only be played on that server. But on public servers you can move your character from server to server, but will most likely log in near the coast but with all your gear after switching, new server hopping mitigation has been added to stop hopping. Ghosting. Duping etc. Hope this helps

I've also found that the spawn points for changing server aren't just costal either. The twice I've done it both landed me inland. 

Had a funny experience last night with @bearjew1101. Spent a couple of hours heading across the map to meet up. Finally got to novo. Passed through town heading to meet at the big arch railway bridge. Conversation as follows...

Me - I'm on the field near the bridge. I'll put my torch on so you can see me. 

Bear - yeah, me too. I've got my torch on. 

Me - I can't see you, I'm on the road under the bridge now with my torch on. 

Bear - me too, I'm under the bridge with my torch on and I can't see you either. 

Me - hang on, can we just check what server we're both on... 

You know the rest 🙄

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I've also found that the spawn points for changing server aren't just costal either. The twice I've done it both landed me inland. 

Had a funny experience last night with @bearjew1101. Spent a couple of hours heading across the map to meet up. Finally got to novo. Passed through town heading to meet at the big arch railway bridge. Conversation as follows...

Bear - me too, I'm under the bridge with my torch on and I can't see you either. 

You know the rest 🙄

Outstanding work 😂

19 minutes ago, donnyuk78 said:

Outstanding work 😂

My spider sense started tingling when he said put your torch on, and it was still light on my server! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

You know the rest 🙄

Pmsl !!!!!I went full tard dude....... my bad .

7 minutes ago, bearjew1101 said:

Pmsl !!!!!I went full tard dude....... my bad .

I never even thought to check tbh. If you let me know what server you're on I'll tell you where I end up spawning! 

Also meant to ask, who was the guy you were on with? 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

He’s the one and only ..... the man, the myth , the legend .... many hope to attain his level of dayz greatness ...... the legendary      “UNIT” . 

47 minutes ago, bearjew1101 said:

He’s the one and only ..... the man, the myth , the legend .... many hope to attain his level of dayz greatness ...... the legendary      “UNIT” . 

Lol, he was class. Genuinely sounded anxious when that guy with the torch appeared. Funniest but though was the water tank incident. Probably less said, the better! 

4 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Lol, he was class. Genuinely sounded anxious when that guy with the torch appeared. Funniest but though was the water tank incident. Probably less said, the better! 

Pmsl !!!! A blue on blue m8. 

On 8/9/2019 at 2:02 PM, pimpdaddydarren said:

I was in Europe server ru 4032. I had problems picking up a gun after repairing it . Logged out and logged back in to remedy it . When I spawned again I was a fresh spawn as if I'd been killed ? Also when joining same server I'm not in same location sometimes .

Idk why, ive been joining the same server everytime i login for the last 2 days and its gone off without a hitch

On 8/9/2019 at 12:49 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Are you absolutely sure you are rejoining the same server? Because if you're not, that's why your spawn point keeps resetting. I have no clue what the Narnia reference is meant to be. 

I still wanna know if peeps are getting sent to Narnia after the last update. 

• Haha 1