Apolapologise

Xbox hot Mic

Will we be able to double tap down on our D-pads to hot Mic with the up and coming 1.04? 

Not having this feature is game breaking in terms of immersion you just can't move and talk with friends.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I read in one of the earlier patch notes that this was an intended feature so I think it is highly unlikely it will be returning.

Just think yourself lucky you aren't on PlayStation!!

I honestly loved when they took away double tap to talk, tires of people leaving there mics on

After dying because you can't hear anything you start to change the way you play, ever since then we keep com's clear with no backround noise

Even when we play party chat we always mute after done talking because no one else needs to hear the backround noise. DayZ is a very unforgiving game and sometimes if you don't hear a footstep it could mean life or death 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I’m for not having to hold down on D-pad to chat. Would like to be able to toggle on or off would definitely make for easier game play 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Trapphone said:

I honestly loved when they took away double tap to talk, tires of people leaving there mics on

After dying because you can't hear anything you start to change the way you play, ever since then we keep com's clear with no backround noise

Even when we play party chat we always mute after done talking because no one else needs to hear the backround noise. DayZ is a very unforgiving game and sometimes if you don't hear a footstep it could mean life or death 

It is also only a game.......

I see this game as going for a walk in the wood's with my buddies, if I'm not laughing along or messing about I'm not having a good time.

59 minutes ago, greggyt said:

I'm pretty sure I read in one of the earlier patch notes that this was an intended feature so I think it is highly unlikely it will be returning.

Just think yourself lucky you aren't on PlayStation!!

What is up with ps?

Just now, Apolapologise said:

What is up with ps?

When talking to a random guy their PSN ID is visible above their head. So basically if you screw them over you have their ID. I'm sure there is something else as well but I've never played it on PS so couldn't say for sure. I'm sure somebody will know.

5 hours ago, greggyt said:

When talking to a random guy their PSN ID is visible above their head. So basically if you screw them over you have their ID. I'm sure there is something else as well but I've never played it on PS so couldn't say for sure. I'm sure somebody will know.

Would that be so bad? I see pros and cons to that.

We definitely need the toggle back. I don't know why you wouldn't want it. If you don't like to use it, and prefer to kill on sight, then don't use it. But let the rest of us who want to engage with other players have the option to do so. This game is all about interaction in all its forms. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

We definitely need the toggle back. I don't know why you wouldn't want it. If you don't like to use it, and prefer to kill on sight, then don't use it. But let the rest of us who want to engage with other players have the option to do so. This game is all about interaction in all its forms. 

I have found that 99% of the players that I have came across have one objective, to kill me.. Regardless of whether it looks like I have decent loot or no, in turn I trust absoloutly no-one.. I put it down down to imaturtity of the Xbox (console) community, the PC players seem to play the game in a much more FP oreintated format, Xbox players play it like a shooter.... Do you find that?

Edited by smudgegard
  • Like 1

There was a bug. The game was freezing after switching back to party chat and the in-game chat was still active. I think that's the reason why it's not back atm. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

I too wish the double tap would return, it definitely made it less KOS as people could feel safer whilst taking to a random stranger as they could aim, shoot & move whilst talking. now the new hold system just promote KOS. But lets be real, were talking about a game based around a central loot economy that hasnt worked in over three months out of game preview. So you have more chance finding unicorn sh*t than double tap being added back in. 

• Like 1

True, but to be honest, I think they have no time to look for these features or other things because they need to deal with this out of control duper shit. After they minimized this problems I hope they are going to think about our smaller problems. Hope will never die 💪

• Beans 1

8 hours ago, smudgegard said:

.. Do you find that?

No, my personal experience is very different. I find first person servers generally more hostile. Third person servers I've played on I would guess around half of the people I met were friendly. I've had not one single friendly encounter in first person servers. I think maybe because you have less peripheral vision people are a little more nervous and less trusting maybe? 

• Haha 1

If it doesn't return I'm going to buy a small tool clamp and fix it to the d-pad to keep that sucka down!! 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I personally play with the talk button mapped to x on the xbox controller, i play claw though. If you really wanted to you could map it to rb. This of course makes some un-intended changes but nothing you can't get used to.

Edited by Robzom11
  • Like 1

I'd rather not have it, to many people have broken mics and that's all you hear 

17 minutes ago, Trapphone said:

I'd rather not have it, to many people have broken mics and that's all you hear 

You'd only hear it if you stood near them and it would at least alert you to someone nearby. You can also mute people and turn voip off in options. The rest of us would like it back though. We like to try communication before we gun someone down. 

• Like 1

"the rest of us" I know many people who don't

11 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

You'd only hear it if you stood near them and it would at least alert you to someone nearby. You can also mute people and turn voip off in options. The rest of us would like it back though. We like to try communication before we gun someone down. 

want it back 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Trapphone said:

"the rest of us" I know many people who don't

want it back 

Right, well you and your three mates can turn it off can't you. Why should the majority suffer over something you can toggle. The way you're talking you'd think someone was running around every two minutes with a crackly mic. I haven't seen another player in two days. So stop making ridiculous suggestions just because you're too lazy to change a setting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How are you suffering ? Stop being so pathetic there's no reason to have an open mic all the time nor to lock it on. If you seriously need to have it locked your talking to much. Clearly you don't know what it's like running with 15+ people with everyone's mic open.

Also its not as easy as changing a setting if I turn off VoIP then I won't be able to hear anyone at all. Do you seriously not understand that ? 

As for muting Somone I'm not gonna scroll through the entire server list just to find out who it was. 

@DayzDayzFanboy 

Edited by Trapphone
Update
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Trapphone said:

How are you suffering ? Stop being so pathetic there's no reason to have an open mic all the time nor to lock it on. If you seriously need to have it locked your talking to much. Clearly you don't know what it's like running with 15+ people with everyone's mic open.

Also its not as easy as changing a setting if I turn off VoIP then I won't be able to hear anyone at all. Do you seriously not understand that ? 

As for muting Somone I'm not gonna scroll through the entire server list just to find out who it was. 

@DayzDayzFanboy 

The whole point of open mic is so that you can talk to someone and still have the ability to move around. If you don't want to talk with someone, don't run around with 15  people. 

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

Why complain about it - you can just 

11 hours ago, Trapphone said:

@DayzDayzFanboy 

Dude, if anyone is being pathetic here its you (and im only mentioning it because you are throwing the word around yourself).

You got the feature you yourself like, but calls other people suffering and pathetic because they would like a previous function they like re-instated.

Why?

You can just keep using the feature you like and encourage those around you to do the same while the rest of us like the feature we were used to.

You see my point?

• Beans 2