bent.toe

Here is a thought...

.. how come only civilians are immune to the virus? How come we can't spawn as a soldier? Nurse? Paramedic? Police officer? Fireman? 

I find that odd. 

• Beans 1

70% of all survivor cant even read the road signs due to language barriers, maybe we all survived on ships and our character is just one of the unlucky who got stranded cause the ship sunk.

Nobody knows.

The character's background is totally up to the player to decide, so you can be a soldier, nurse, paramedic, police officer or a fireman. Doesn't make any difference because whatever happened before you spawn stripped you of any gear related to your previous profession. You wake up on the beach with everyday clothes and no memory of what happened. Just work from there.

That said - there are RP servers who have prepared custom loadouts for players so you'll spawn with some basic gear according to role. To me that just defeats the point of the game which is essentially to scavenge fore everything you need, but to each their own I guess.

3 hours ago, Derleth said:

The character's background is totally up to the player to decide, so you can be a soldier, nurse, paramedic, police officer or a fireman. Doesn't make any difference because whatever happened before you spawn stripped you of any gear related to your previous profession. You wake up on the beach with everyday clothes and no memory of what happened. Just work from there.

That said - there are RP servers who have prepared custom loadouts for players so you'll spawn with some basic gear according to role. To me that just defeats the point of the game which is essentially to scavenge fore everything you need, but to each their own I guess.

Well.. I meant cosmetic. Why can we not spawn as a fireman with the full outfits or as a soldier in full outfit. 

2 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Well.. I meant cosmetic. Why can we not spawn as a fireman with the full outfits or as a soldier in full outfit. 

You can.  You can program the initial loadout in the server's init.c file to be whatever you want it to be.  They just don't bother doing this on official servers and I don't think you'll be able to do this on private console servers either.

I had a server going for a bit where I made every Saturday PvP day.  The regular character you had on Friday was preserved and then restored on Sunday, I then wiped persistence and recreated the loadout such that every player spawned in with a shit ton of military gear as well as a complete TTSKO outfit.  You have to be able to access and edit that init.c file to do this though, which a lot of game server companies don't allow you to do.

1 hour ago, drgullen said:

You can.  You can program the initial loadout in the server's init.c file to be whatever you want it to be.  They just don't bother doing this on official servers and I don't think you'll be able to do this on private console servers either.

I had a server going for a bit where I made every Saturday PvP day.  The regular character you had on Friday was preserved and then restored on Sunday, I then wiped persistence and recreated the loadout such that every player spawned in with a shit ton of military gear as well as a complete TTSKO outfit.  You have to be able to access and edit that init.c file to do this though, which a lot of game server companies don't allow you to do.

My server company allows it, but at your own risk . ..

I mean you can still be all that (though maybe not the fireman, unless you hunt down people lighting campfires in the woods). 

45 minutes ago, Brother Hao said:

I mean you can still be all that (though maybe not the fireman, unless you hunt down people lighting campfires in the woods). 

You people seem to missunderstand me. 

I'm not talking about role playing here, i mean why does every character spawn in civilian clothes, why not the fireman outfit, or the military gorka outfit. 

Why is it only "civilians" waking up at the coast, immune. Surely others must be immune and still in their Police uniform or fireman clothes... No? 

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

I'm not talking about role playing here, i mean why does every character spawn in civilian clothes, why not the fireman outfit, or the military gorka outfit. 

Why is it only "civilians" waking up at the coast, immune. Surely others must be immune and still in their Police uniform or fireman clothes... No? 

I answered you already.  You define the initial loadout of your character, including which clothes he/she is wearing, in the init.c file, which is one init.c per server and not one per character.

You could code in a randomness factor to achieve what you want here -- so, have the init.c pick a random number between 1 and 100 say and if the number is 1 to 10, you spawn as a civilian, 11 to 20, you spawn as a fireman, 21 to 30, you spawn as a policeman, etc.  Bohemia doesn't bother doing anything like this though, which is why you always spawn in civilian clothes.  On some community servers, they have code like this in place and on some, you can choose exactly what you spawn with.

18 hours ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

70% of all survivor cant even read the road signs due to language barriers

Nah, mate - you just THINK you can't understand the language.. it's a survivor syndrome. Like not remembering what you did for a living and wondering why you're in the body of a full grown healthy person instead of your usual kid couch potato. It's all down to shock - same thing happens in GTA and plenty of games (that's why folk who play minecraft are so screwed up,  hehe). Just stay with it and it will start being real again. Then you'll be cured. Remember the zombs speak the same language you spoke a couple of days ago. They are probably your family and friends off the block.      

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, drgullen said:

I answered you already.  You define the initial loadout of your character, including which clothes he/she is wearing, in the init.c file, which is one init.c per server and not one per character.

You could code in a randomness factor to achieve what you want here -- so, have the init.c pick a random number between 1 and 100 say and if the number is 1 to 10, you spawn as a civilian, 11 to 20, you spawn as a fireman, 21 to 30, you spawn as a policeman, etc.  Bohemia doesn't bother doing anything like this though, which is why you always spawn in civilian clothes.  On some community servers, they have code like this in place and on some, you can choose exactly what you spawn with.

Yes, i saw your earlier post. Thanks for answering. Unfortunally i'm on console. 

3 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Unfortunally i'm on console. 

Your clothes are loadout same as guns and everything else .. if you want a bush hat and a Gorka jacket and a payday mask go look for them

21 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Because that would basically break the game. Why spend hours gearing up and slowly making your way to a military base when you can just spawn with military clothes on you?