Sign in to follow this  
bent.toe

Here is my idea for a private server *image

Most likely i will rent a server and my goal is to have two factions on either side of the map, looting, fighting, building with none-faction players also present on the map. 

https://pasteboard.co/Ip3o5uJ.jpg

*Orange team vs Blue team. 

*Each team can have no more than 22 members. 

*Each faction can build one massive base inside their territory. 

*There will be monthly firefights in pre-determend areas from discord chat. 

*Other players can join and play on the server either as an explorer/friendly or as a bandit or a hero. 

Friendly explorer = White armband

Bandit/outlaw = Red armband

Hero/Police = Green armband

These three are independent of each other and the two factions. 

*Players with White armband can not be shot at under no circumstance except if they go rouge. 

*If a player from any of these three roles decides to join one of the factions (orange or blue) he must put on a yellow armband to show that he can be recruited. He don't have to join blue team if they meet/approach him first, he can choose to pass and wait to be approached by orange team instead. 

Both Bandits and Heroes will in some way be factions that fight each other. Bandits also fight both blue and orange factions. 

*Bandits are allowed small tents and barrels only, as bases. 

*Heroes are allowed all tents and barrels and must build their bases in and around police stations. 

*Explorers can only use small tents. 

This is my idea of a great and fun dayz server. 

Edited by bent.toe
  • Like 5
  • Beans 3

Like the idea, there are a few things I'd change though. One being the restrictions on tents/base building for non faction players as it would be to difficult for them to really have an impact on the server. (my opinion)  Two being a ceasefire zone where all players can come and meet and trade items and share stories. I think these would encourage making of strong rp server for sure. 

Edited by Doombringer123

Does sound fun and opens the game up even more.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Most likely i will rent a server and my goal is to have two factions on either side of the map, looting, fighting, building with none-faction players also present on the map. 

https://pasteboard.co/Ip3o5uJ.jpg

*Orange team vs Blue team. 

*Each team can have no more than 22 members. 

*Each faction can build one massive base inside their territory. 

*There will be monthly firefights in pre-determend areas from discord chat. 

*Other players can join and play on the server either as an explorer/friendly or as a bandit or a hero. 

Friendly explorer = White armband

Bandit/outlaw = Red armband

Hero/Police = Green armband

These three are independent of each other and the two factions. 

*Players with White armband can not be shot at under no circumstance except if they go rouge. 

*If a player from any of these three roles decides to join one of the factions (orange or blue) he must put on a yellow armband to show that he can be recruited. He don't have to join blue team if they meet/approach him first, he can choose to pass and wait to be approached by orange team instead. 

Both Bandits and Heroes will in some way be factions that fight each other. Bandits also fight both blue and orange factions. 

*Bandits are allowed small tents and barrels only, as bases. 

*Heroes are allowed all tents and barrels and must build their bases in and around police stations. 

*Explorers can only use small tents. 

This is my idea of a great and fun dayz server. 

You can count me in, if this happens! 

• Like 1

And how are you going to enforce things without modding? Unless they have confirmed modding for consoles.

5 hours ago, IMT said:

And how are you going to enforce things without modding? Unless they have confirmed modding for consoles.

I can't, i need to find players with the same goal in mind. 

4 hours ago, Flyingpapaya said:

Invite only maybe through here?

Yeah, something like that. 

20 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

I can't, i need to find players with the same goal in mind. 

The only option would be to have a whitelist then and even then it's going to be hard to police it all. It's not impossible though, there have been DayZ servers (mainly RP servers) where players with similiar minds played by the rules. But having a public/private server without a whitelist is going to make realizing this idea hard.

It will be private and all players who play on it must be a member of the discord channel. 

But yeah... No way to keep track of 59 other players and what they do and how they play. 

Same here. Absolutely love the idea. I have a few friends who are like minded and would love to play by the rules you mentioned. Sounds really fun. Invite me when it happens thanks!

• Like 1

You should send this post to as many DayZ related social media pages as you can, Reddit, FB, etc. Perhaps mentioning your ideas now, will get you ahead before the over saturation of private server posts. Even if private server tweaking is not as customisable as you would like, you will still be able to recruit likeminded people, who share your vision.

You should set up a discord ASAP, so you have somewhere to send people your way, and you can also start more detailed discussions.

You will need a lot more than 60 people to be interested due to time zones, and free time restrictions. I don’t think whitelisting a brand new server, is necessarily a good idea. You want to get as much interest as possible, not put up barriers. Once you become more established, you could consider WL.

Perhaps a good start, would be a more regular server, but with your ideas as weekly events? Good way to gauge interest, and to see how achievable it will be.

Edited by ThePugman

Hopefully there will be some great private servers like there is on the PC im all for it and im sure there is plenty of players out there for this type of RP or organised rules type servers

Awesome stuff!!

• Like 1

I have no idea what a white list server is? Official supported server by BI? 

41 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

its a way of vetting players to join the server so it helps get the right people on the server

most RP servers have whitelisting in place

24 minutes ago, Djyoz said:

its a way of vetting players to join the server so it helps get the right people on the server

most RP servers have whitelisting in place

That or just have invite only? 

28 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

That or just have invite only? 

if you have it white listed or passworded, its just you and your friend/s.

You leave it open and the whole world passes through. We took the password off and nearly eighty players came through (on pc)

1 hour ago, aux7 said:

if you have it white listed or passworded, its just you and your friend/s.

You leave it open and the whole world passes through. We took the password off and nearly eighty players came through (on pc)

I doubt i will ever have it open to puplic. 

I rather play with 4-5 friends alone than have 30 rotten apples ruining my paid for server. 

1 hour ago, OilRig said:

Hey @bent.toe ,where would your server be hosted?

Germany. 

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 2:10 PM, bent.toe said:

Private server. You set up rules for your server. What people can and can't do etc. First you of course invite your friends and then rest you fill with 'randoms' but you make sure they understand the rules first, make a post here at forums example. Make a list. Ban people if you must, let next ones in.

I been thinking for a few days. 

Should we pitch in and have an official community server instead? 

I see two problems though, only one person can be admin and secondly, not everyone want's to play it the same way with rules etc. 

Sign in to follow this