rickyriot

So... that's it then?

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

So when combined, the prospect of publicly stating what they are working on would inevitably lead to uncomfortable situations where they discover that some things are much more difficult to make work, or simply not feasible.  And then everyone who knew about them would be disappointed or even angry.

I mean, we've already reached this point, haven't we?  I know I'm certainly disappointed.  I always thought that someday, version 1.whatever would contain all the features that version 0.62 had in it and maybe even a few new ones that it didn't have in it, but clearly, that's not going to happen.  So, I think we've had our share of uncomfortable situations and disappointments along the way -- we're used to it, we expect it even at this point.  So, I'd be fine with them telling me what they intend to add to the game -- I won't actually expect to see it, but it would be nice to know what they scribbled on the chalkboard as the "INTENDED POST-1.04 FEATURES".

Still, this is letting them off the hook too easily, IMO.  "Oh, sorry guys, this engine is entirely new territory -- we weren't aware what it was capable of."  C'mon, that's a pretty lame excuse for not finishing the job.

I think what we've been fed recently is a cover story for a company in resource transition.  As far as the suits holding the bags of money are concerned, DayZ is essentially finished, it has been released on all intended platforms, so it's time to reallocate the peeps to work on other things.  Sure, "development continues" according to the official post and I'm sure we'll get bits of new things here and there, but at this point based on that last SR, we ain't getting anywhere close to what .62 had in it.

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

Are we going to get fishing, trapping, writing notes, dyeing, crafting leather clothing, and bows?

Exactly my point -- are we or aren't we?

Bohemia should at least be able to classify those things into one of three categories:

1. Intended implementation post-1.04
  2. Being considered for possible implementation post-1.04
  3. That feature is no longer being developed

This would at least give us some idea as to what we can expect going forward.  The SR had a picture of a character vaulting over a wall, so I guess we can expect that at some point -- perhaps that is the only new feature we're going to get from this point forward -- if so, they should just come out and admit that now rather than vaguely saying "development continues".

I certainly hope I'm wrong about all this, but it feels to me like them trying to ease the bandage off our arms rather than just ripping it off in one shot -- it'll hurt, but I'd rather get the pain over with if we're close to the end.

• Beans 1

18 hours ago, ThePugman said:

If they keep expectations low, they can knock us out of the park when we get a cool update.

Which would be a fine statement if that wasn't the mantra for almost the entire 2018 and a fair part of 2017. Do you seriously expect people to hold out and "hope for the best", when the last time they did they were presented by failure and excuses?

11 hours ago, ThePugman said:

“Parity with 0.62 and the DayZ Mod – full parity isn't possible because of the engine specifics. While features from 5 years ago are exciting, we want to remind you: most of the features didn't really work properly back then, and this is why it wasn't a final game.”

I admit, the above quote does not look good...

Doesn't look good? Doesn't look good? DoEsN'T lOoK GoOd?   

My God man, it's a horrendous statement. On one hand dismissive at the same time insulting.
Berating your community for wanting them to keep your word then telling them that we were stupid to want such things because they broken anyway. Why were they broken? Because fucking BI broke them!

Maybe it's a translation issue or, as is my thoughts on this, BI don't have enough resource to dedicate it to PR thus you get cackhanded and down right inflammatory bollocks released as an "official statement".

• Beans 1

I think developers give tools to people who create mods because they don't have time. Many things are already implemented in mods. Just one question??? why can't they take that from mods and add it to vanilla servers?

So you've created a thread just to inform everyone that you're no longer playing the game?

20 hours ago, haxordie said:

So you've created a thread just to inform everyone that you're no longer playing the game?

If that's all you take from this, then I think you need to re-read the whole thing.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

On 7/26/2019 at 11:03 AM, maxon-69 said:

I think developers give tools to people who create mods because they don't have time. Many things are already implemented in mods. Just one question??? why can't they take that from mods and add it to vanilla servers?

Copyright and money most likely. Gotta admit, haven't checked out many mods myself yet but quality may also be a reason.

As for the point of this thread and the feeling OP descripes, couldn't have said it better.

1 hour ago, MaVerick_GDZ said:

Copyright and money most likely. Gotta admit, haven't checked out many mods myself yet but quality may also be a reason.

As for the point of this thread and the feeling OP descripes, couldn't have said it better.

I wouldn't be too surprised if clever ideas from mods get implemented in the vanilla game in some form, making them redundant. That is often the case in living games allowing addons. Take World of Warcraft for example, in the early years questing was very time consuming since it was a nightmare to to keep track of quests, objectives and locations. So a "Quest Helper" addon was constructed which became incredibly popular. Didn't take long for all the features in the addon to find their way into the base game. Did the addon creators get any credit for that? Not that I know of, but I could be wrong.

As for the lack of information on what features are being worked on and which are delayed or even scrapped entirely, I wholeheartedly agree it is a bad decision by BI since it generates more resentment than transparency would. They would no doubt be flamed if they were more open too, that's just how it works, but this vagueness is pissing more people off.

But as more have said, there's no need to post dates. Just post a comprehensive list of backlog features, a general status and how they are being prioritised.

And if any missing legacy or previously announced features have been scrapped entirely - you MUST tell people about that immediately.

Edited by Derleth

On 7/25/2019 at 7:00 PM, drgullen said:

If development is continuing, they must have some idea of what they plan to develop

Isn't the main aim to  REGAIN 0.62 - plus vehicles plus bases plus NO duping..  ?

I think that sums it up about 100% ?

I hope that's where we're going ?   It was definitively the objective when experimental stopped and that whole bunch of items/actions were dropped and consoles turned up to "follow closely and mirror" PC development 

.. so say the ancient annals in WORDS OF FIRE but now my sight is vague I am senile and gray-haired and my memory grows dim ..

And THEN and THEN and THEN, ONE DAY ...when the MIGHTY and full-featured  < 0.62 PLUS >  definitely RUNS on all 3 platforms - the devs will take it .. er.. who cares.. "wherever the hell'  from THERE

Any place you can think of. 

Years ago in this game I used to sling my gun and sit in the woods, make a fire and boil water in an empty tin can - and look up between the trees and watch the stars turn

I know @rickyriot & SOME DEVS  still know what I'm talking about

xxp

Edited by pilgrim*
~

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

Isn't the main aim to  REGAIN 0.62

I'm with you pilgrim, but the July Status Report says otherwise -- feature parity is no longer possible it says -- so the only way to regain 0.62 would be to reinstall 0.62 which ain't happening either.

• Beans 1

10 hours ago, drgullen said:

feature parity is no longer possible it says

So - if "feature parity is no longer possible" - Official statement ..

then WHAT has THAT to do with PC players.. at all ??..  And there's the problem AND there's the solution..

We (PC)  had the Current online version and we had Experimental

Now that the PC playing experience is NOT parallel with the consoles .. and PC technical development is NOT parallel with the consoles ( .. so no reason for SAME version numbers at all)

Why not just GIVE US BACK a straight PC version (and that would be around the 0.62 mark, wouldn't it..) AND go right on developing the "non parity" console versions

The console development "mess" WAS explained in detail  as the REASON for the PC mess. We were there.

But now it's official that the two development projects can NEVER be run as one ..

So GO RIGHT AHEAD developing for console

BUT in the meantime GIVE PC PLAYERS back what we HAD .. If feature development HAS TO BE separate for PC and consoles, AS WE ARE TOLD - then where's the Problem in that ?

Stick PC vanilla back up on what was called "Experimental".. call it "PC vanilla" - the modders already have the files, see what comes out of that... easy, cheap, a GAME for PC only , a baseline for PC modders, feedback and ideas from dedicated oldtime players.. etc.. a Forum for the historic and current PC DayZ, - a place for PC PLAYERS to play a REAL damn version that has features and works PRETTY GOOD (as we remember, right?).  We were there.  So where did the PC DayZ go?

= Put It Back.  

Then BI can DEVELOP like CRAZY the Console version. No problem.

AND standard PC vanilla players, old and new,  will have somewhere PC Vanilla to PLAY - same as they have for the last TEN YEARS

If PC and Console MUST BE different for REAL TECHNICAL REASONS.. then just give them DIFFERENT NAMES and numbers (they aint NEVER going to be the same)  and give us back a PC vanilla Dayz  version that WORKED ALREADY

That's got to be a cheap solution, a fair rationalization and use of resources, and leaves 90%+  of the team working on consoles while we PC FOLK just go on enjoying what we HAD,  back when the BIG penguin got sucked into the fan 

hmm ?

7 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Why not just GIVE US BACK a straight PC version (and that would be around the 0.62 mark, wouldn't it..) AND go right on developing the "non parity" console versions

I think you are misinterpreting what they mean by parity -- they are not talking about parity with the console -- this has nothing to do with console -- they are talking about parity with the features that were in the old engine.

If you look back at the July Status Report, Impulz said: "Parity with 0.62 and the DayZ Mod – full parity isn't possible because of the engine specifics. While features from 5 years ago are exciting, we want to remind you: most of the features didn't really work properly back then, and this is why it wasn't a final game."

The next day, Tom_48_97 elaborated with this:

"Q: What are the gains and consequences of the new engine?
A: The two core issues we faced at the start of development were security and performance – highlighted by both us and the community as the focus of our efforts moving forward. Those issues were never going to be fixed using the previous technology (RV). The decision to move to a new engine was mainly based on these two limitations, and this effort led to the creation of Enfusion (and its future iterations). It's very easy to forget just how broken the game really was back then, with this being a major factor behind delays. To break free from the chains of these technological limitations, we had to replace the script language and its engine to massively improve the performance and security of the game, as well as the renderer, which was a large contributor to the poor performance.

However, we underestimated the amount of effort needed and thus dug a hole too deep to get out of. This meant we had to rewrite almost all of the gameplay elements from scratch, losing features and variation along the way. It's important to remember that there was no real way to iterate and improve in these areas on the old technology. Therefore, we were left with basically two choices: live with performance/security issues, and slightly improve them while expanding the gameplay, or go back to the drawing board and figure out the new baseline, but lose stuff in the process. We chose the latter...

Was this the right choice? The new engine has dramatically improved the game (performance, authoritative server, persistence, etc.) and paved the way for our future developments.

Q: Feature parity with pre- and post-beta?
A: While we all wanted to get there, it is clear that it isn't possible due to the above changes. The pre-beta was an elaborate and extended alpha of the game, but we had to cut it down to a manageable piece for its release, ergo many features have been relayed to the post-release backlog."

There's no mention of console anywhere in these statements, so I'm not sure what you are talking about, pilgrim.  Whatever ends up on console is simply a port from the PC builds, which is why the version numbers are the same.  Sure, some things will be different (like button-pushing and how the inventory works), but the content will be the same, so throwing items for example is in PC version 1.04 as it will be in Console version 1.04 once the console players can finally download it.

Clearly, they would never go back to a .62 version for the reasons stated here, plus the fact the game is already released!  The horse has escaped the barn and is galloping through the fields -- it's a bit late to try and change its saddle now.

The "solution" here would be to simply continue developing the game on the new engine, as in continue working on the "post-release backlog" as Tom_48_97 calls it.  They have been doing that since the beginning of 2019, but it seems apparent when you read that Status Report that Bohemia says restoring everything in the backlog back into the game is no longer achievable.

My interpretation of the whole thing is simply that the suits have decided that they are done with DayZ and it's time to wind it down and as Tom_48_97 said, use the new engine to "pave the way for future developments" (i.e. Arma IV).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, drgullen said:

..//..

I follow the argument, DG, friend .. no problem. I expressed myself poorly

Yes I understood the discussions from when they first appeared.. AND also read between the lines and picked up one or two almost inaudible asides, and checked Glassdoor.com and several other places and looked at company info, finance, personalities, comments and other projects - I spent a good chunk of my working life involved in game development and marketing , including the PR .. so I do this by instinct (kind of) and interest?

I believe I get a clearer overall feeling for what is going on than most players on this forum (IMO.. always ready to be mistaken, not a problem).. and I "like" BI (it's like having a dulb kid brother who is sometimes great.. whatever) ..  and I noticed the deviations, rewrites of history, changes and errors ( not only in DayZ ) .. hell a whole mass of stuff.  I tried to explain one or two elements here from time to time (over the last SEVERAL years) , but didn't get far.. It's not a way of looking at game development that many players tune to.. 

So I follow the arguments and the zigzag path and I believe I FOLLOW the gaps in the arguments too, and have an idea what's IN those.

I was saying - simply - BI game development hardware is set up to output PC, always has been, it's what BI does.. the last time they tried to get into the console market they bombed, didn't understand it,  and almost went broke.. this is a new generation of devs (same executives) making a second attempt, much later after the firm has changed greatly.. -and rapidly - but they are still PC based

Now we know that consoles ARE creating REAL and EXTENDED problems that PC does NOT have, and that the make-or-break for BI on Dayz is Console, in BI's view..  The dev effort is DEFINITELY right now going into console, probably 100% (and their assets - programmers - assigned to THAT effort, in fact vary from month to month or even week to week - hell, might be hour to hour - on decisions the DayZ team leader does NOT make, passed down from above)

SO ..  announcing  << we are going ahead with PC-based development to make a PC build that can be forked to produce a console build that stops console duping >> 

.. seems a little sketchy ??

EITHER bring PC up to full functionality OF SOME KIND .. and keep Console on hold while that is the FOCUS

OR  - go straight THROUGH your development tech from A to Z , from the existing CORE to output a complete and functioning Console game ..  (& screw the fork)

Because saying - << we are based on PC development and then we Fork it >> and then adding  << by the way we had to smash most of the existing PC development, so we are putting out the smashed PC version as a console fork which ALSO has it's own problems, so we are dealing with them back on our smashed PC core.. (whats( left of it) >>

.. seems a little sketchy ??

Put another Core development server in the office, split the office in HALF .. say "OK,  half you folk are working on CORE output direct to DayZ for PC, do what you have to do and do what you feel"

Keep the existing Core development server in the office .. say "OK you OTHER folk are working on CORE output direct to DayZ for Console, do what you have to do and do what you feel"

(sure, I'm simplifying, but there's the breakdown - & no one here is interested in the details of the real world technical requirements to build a game - so lets just say CORE structure is "a development server" )

NOW : Doesn't matter that PC and Console have different version numbers, different functions, equipment, different kicks and activities..

PCs are selling strong (generally, around the world).. PC games are selling well (Chinese are doing GREAT,  for instance on ideas directly from mods of PC DayZ) .. consoles will soon be able to run PC games unless the Console Megacorps deliberately DONT PERMIT them to, and that is an area of uncertainty, stress, BIG company decisions, and straight lies - the Cosole or PC, root (I do what I like with My machine)  or not root (we own your machine), that stuff will break open .. like when national and area  TV broadcasters (the creators) lost control and SPs (the distributors)  suddenly started providing media content everywhere. Broadcasters became an antique. Business model shot in the head.

So different Versions of DayZ spreading from BI Studios to different platforms - it's innovative - it's "like" modding from INSIDE BI - that's interesting (?)  - & it CAN (has the potential to) make players on every platform Happier .. Faster

It depends on the economic judgement and the foresight and market research (or personal interest, because owners get old too) or simply the best-bet decision making of just one {or two} technical entrepreneurs. It's a private company. Last of the "big" Indies really, out there & not bought up by a MegaCorp

Hive of a DayZ for PC version GIVE it a NUMBER and develop it as slow as you like, starting where you like so long as it works.. Hell, I used to be FINE heating water in an empty can.; that made sense.. NOT too difficult to do, technically, either.. hmm ??

And of course the only modders are PC modders so they'd be jumping and feedback would be coming in..

Meanwhile BI are also simplifying their golden highway to the (possible) bags of money hopefully coming in from a console market that is changing far too rapidly to predict.

This is ALL IMO, natch

- Totally definitely the standard answer WILL come "it would be 'great' but its not technically possible" - This is why humans still haven't invented airplanes or solar panels.. And anyway, no one could EVER got rich from airplanes or solar panels, right?

xxP

Edited by pilgrim*

On 7/27/2019 at 1:55 PM, MaVerick_GDZ said:

haven't checked out many mods myself yet but quality may also be a reason.

On 7/26/2019 at 5:07 AM, drgullen said:

a cover story for a company in resource transition

On 7/19/2019 at 11:07 AM, rickyriot said:

skeletal staff, minimum investment, no further development

Yes, OK, I throw in my cards - I've been trying to propose a reasonable (profitable) way through this BI MESS .. it COULD be done if the WILL to DO IT came down from the management
But from the top down it is not a MESS it is a POLICY
Put it simply, @rickyriot  & @drgullen are 100% correct - they have it nailed
That's the bottom line.

END of story

xxp

Take it or leave it 🔞 ONE person running a local private company in a changing world

I have followed and sometimes worked for "Indies" since the time they were not classed as "Indies' because they were simply the people who made games, and had names like "Ocean' etc.. Over a short generation I saw them one by one absorbed and bought up by the MegaCorps .. sometimes not because the Megacorps thought they were useful, but just to stop them competing in any way, or to use their ideas. Sometimes they just wiped the data and left a janitor to look after the equipment in the empty building. It's not people or skill or fun or creativity, it's only Money.  Money is what MegaCorps have..  

So it ended up that BI was/is about the only one left that has any size at all : the rest are gone, and are replaced by the small handful of World MegaCorps.. MegaCorps go for volume sales, that's all.. And to generalise into the wide digital world - that's the history of how Arpanet became Internet 1 became Internet 2.

Ain't complaining [but I'm against it], just pointing out a progression. The HUGE market for games is owned by a few World-Spanning Megacorps. If any backstreet operation (a couple of enthusiasts) come up with something interesting, They buy it off the kids for a wad of bucks and - that takes them OUT (hell, they are young and WEALTHY now - if they are still hot and keen they can go do it again, until they get offered a good post in the MegaCorps themselves)  -  and MEGACORPS always get the money back sooner or later - It's infallible because you have several billion users who have NO choice, except buy from YOU or don't buy. New age World-Liberal-Free_Market = Enormous profit for the Few who own "everything",  at the cost of "individualism". (Just make SURE the punters don't ever get an open ended 'choice").  This is not the age of "great minority appeal" games anymore.

If it's not a MEME it doesn't exist.

So NO - you can't buy a minority appeal game anymore.. what the EF is the point of making THOSE ?

NOW
If you as an individual started off back in the days of "people who made games" - now called the historical "Indies" - Just you and a buddy or two, because you were INTERESTED and keen.. You got your business up and running, you had a lot of excitement and fun and technical challenges and stress.. and it worked, and you became a name, "XXX Studios" ; and you sold games.

So the Big Boys (always slow and behind. but they grind small)  - eventually they woke up and decided to get a grip on this new Media, and they put the BIG money where they needed to, and one by one they crushed the XXX Studios, bought them out, or the studios simply went bankrupt because they didn't have the resources or the clout to compete.. The MegaCorps can buy your programmers right out from under you.. If you are getting stuff from a subsidiary, (eg a specialist graphic design studio) the MegaCorps can simply sign a contract with that Studio saying, "we will pay you full wages plus a decent profit to do NOTHING AT ALL for 3 years.. OK? Only do what we tell you to do =IF= we tell you to do anything, and meanwhile you are paid for sitting on your thumbs."

Ive seen that happen.

Not only gaming.. same techniques work across all the Media..  Check who OWNS the media and entertainment (same thing in fact, same boardrooms, same money) - it comes down to a few names..

Used to be some struggling "small names" but they are GONE. note : I mean EVERY ONE OF THEM

AND the HUMAN reason is this :

You started off with your friend and you had ideas and tech savvy and you LIKED what you were doing and you got the money somehow and got/built/programmed the equipment & FORMED a company and you SOLD games..

That was a generation ago..

Now you are MUCH OLDER (kind of Worn Down?)  and you have been doing it for years, and it has become more of a struggle as the other 'Small Known Companies" - the "XXX Studios" - go down one by one until they are all absorbed and gone, and now forgotten (because who cares what happened ten, twenty, forty years ago - a few ancient geek historians care..??)

So now as sole owner of a private company with all those endless worries to shore up, year after year :  yes sure you make a decent living for a private owner.. but not great,  and NEVER secure and always stress and pressure (that stress and the tech and the game used to be the KICK, right?) .. gets to be much less FUN a few long years after you started out investing your life and soul in those "games" ..

AND the MegaCorps comes, wearing a great suit and a "looks-expensive" tie and says :

<<
Hey Dude .. why go on fighting the inevitable? Everyone else took the money and they have a decent retirement, pressure off, they do different interesting stuff now, hobby time, big house etc, what the hell, are you some Crazy Idealist, WHAT are you killing yourself to Prove, exactly  ..?"

"To remain POLITE - You are not even a pain in the elbow to the MegaCorps, just a pimple and we don't need that ; so what we'll do is give you double what your company is worth, the whole bag.. and you

WALK AWAY.  
>>

Because people get old.; and private owners of private companies get old too ..And it aint fun anymore, and you could make a BIG WEDGE just by selling it off.. more than you'll make by selling games..  OK.

And the MegaCorps really dont CARE how much they pay you to WALK AWAY..you want XX million in your pocket by next month ? Name your currency..xx million of ANY CURRENCY (we don't care how much that is, as long as we get Ownership and the Rights to Everything)  name your price - And, dude,  sooner or later you will NAME it.. because sooner or later you get old and die, the company gets broken up or sold off or goes broke.. because let's face it, you've been running this thing for more than TWENTY YEARS, solo entrepreneur, it's on YOUR shoulders, with plenty of financial problems along the way, and plenty of projects that didn't work out..  You KNOW BY NOW it AINT NEVER going to become SONY or TENCENT or MICROSOFT.. So, where does it GO from here ??  Where is LEFT to go?

OK. So we're the ONE boss, FEELING older now and not really PERSONALLY keen on GAMES anymore.. just another owner of a standard small-to-middle-company..
- What would make sense as the next move ? - and first take into account the competition yo're facing - totally totally OUTGUNNED (slingshot v aircraft-carrier)  - Well, it would be SANE and STANDARD to polish the company up a bit so it "looks OK" seems to be kind of still standing  (I mean so looks like it isn't going to collapse free of charge tomorrow ) and the MegaCorps will throw in a few hundreds of thousands extra as sweetener.
Of course (standard company policy) you CAN'T tell the fans - the punters - can't HINT at any of that, or it won't work; can't ANNOUNCE that rational business move to anyone (maybe your bank?)  And I guess plenty of employees wont be overjoyed; but they ARE just employees.. you only pay them for their skill & creativity (and their wages are already low) , and you personally are NOT much interested in that whole skill-creativity-gaming stuff anymore. Right ?   

- the Big Boys credit you whatever you need to pay off your debts (nice)  and pay off the staff (no big problem there)  & live out the rest of your life in that REAL comfort, like INTERNATIONAL comfort. It's an offer you can't refuse.

Why refuse it ? .. NO ONE ELSE EVER DID

- just saying this because I worked for a couple of companies that now, no one remembers their names.. the people who INVENTED gaming and spread it worldwide.. not THAT long ago they were THE BIG NAMES -  They ALL got eaten up, swallowed, went broke, dropped out, sold up.. not one of THEM left now ...
-  except BI WAS recently still left "and still trying" .. maybe, a couple of years ago -   

... Nah, you never heard of them.

< didn't really want to SAY any of this obvious stuff, but now it's on record until somebody bins it >

Have a nice day.

Edited by pilgrim*

Lots of people are adamant that BI are like a greedy corporation. Some people paid £15, 6 years ago, and have hundreds of hours of joy out of it... But they will NEVER pay for DLC on PRINCIPLE!

I call that entitlement.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 12:18 PM, ThePugman said:

BI are like a greedy corporation

Look.. DayZ is dead and BI the company is in the shit.

I don't blame them for trying to survive -  and as an outsider I fought their corner but after reconsidering what @rickyriot and @drgullen and A RANGE other intelligent players & commentators  (most of them now long gone) have had to say = I understand why Bi has struggled to construct a business model (not for the first time), the decisions it felt necessary, the errors, the pressures, and the inevitability of the problem   - particularly over the last 2 years..

I sympathize with them, but they didn't make it.

the technical and historic reasons for this are long

I just want to clarify that I don’t think BI are a greedy corporation. That edited quote doesn’t sit right with me @pilgrim* 

I’ve bought 3 copies this year alone. I’m just a fool who is desperate for his favourite game to survive.

• Beans 1

2 hours ago, ThePugman said:

I’m just a fool who is desperate for his favourite game to survive.

me to

I hope you get your wish .. I've had a hell of a lot of fun with DayZ in the past : right from the Mod on. 

Seriously - had a real LOT of fun and excitement for a VERY long time. Had some crazy times in the game and met some crazy folk too. Lot of solo. Adventures I won't forget. And met some REAL characters here on this Forum. Great game. Crazy people. Great people. & Evil people. Great game. Unique.

Best of luck to you. 

go for it

xxp

Edited by pilgrim*
~
  • Like 1

On 8/2/2019 at 1:53 PM, pilgrim* said:

I sympathize with them, but they didn't make it.

Thing is, apart from a minority, nobody is angry at them just disappointed. There are a few on Steam claiming it's a scam, but we all know that if it's a scam then it's a bloody intricate one lasting 6 years for very little profit when all is said and done.

No, exasperation and disappointment would be my two overriding emotions.

Edited by rickyriot
  • Beans 1

IP = Intellectual Property

it's your game, complete or not, in pieces, shiny (whatever) - if you have the Intellectual Property Rights

So that's what a games company HAS.. the programmers and the hardware and the offices and personnel and the paychecks the agreements with other studios are all background to IP.  If you HAVE the IP you hire and fire and make deals and buy in, absorb and sell, hire out, get backers, dump studios, change the contracts, that all doesn't matter a hell of a lot at all

In the console market - there are two kinds of game that make it

AAA blockbusters

AA casual play

that's it.. that's all.   Check it out.

anyone interested can take it from there