ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.04.151974

Hello Survivors,

We have a new Experimental Update with some fixes going live. Please, report encountered bugs here or in our Feedback Tracker.

Patchnotes

NOTES

• It is highly recommended to use the Steam client option to verify the integrity of the local game cache to avoid corrupted data and control issues after downloading this update.
  • Consider de-fragmenting your HDD after downloading large updates.
  • In case of problems, please check the Bohemia Interactive support F.A.Q.DayZ F.A.Q., or BattlEye F.A.Q.
  • You can help us to further improve the game by posting your feedback on the Feedback Tracker.

GAME

FIXED

• Fixed: Client error in the main menu
  • Fixed: Drinking from water pumps could give character cholera (T141169)
  • Fixed: In-game HUD could disappear while typing in chat
  • Fixed: Thrown items could fall through the ground
  • Fixed: Fixes for textures of grenades

TWEAKED

• Tweaked: Improvements to the movement of thrown items
  • Tweaked: Movement of thrown items is smoother
  • Tweaked: Disabled spawning of certain glitched items on the Infected

MODDING

• Fixed: logoSmall in mod presentation (mod.cpp) now loads correctly
Edited by Tom_48_97
  • Like 10
  • Beans 2

Once you open the radial menu. You can't choose action and you can't close the menu anymore. Need to ctrl alt del and close the game from task manager. edit. or alt F4

kA3xD4A.jpg

Stuck in this. You can still spin around in the menu. But that's about it.

Edited by Seitan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Seitan said:

Once you open the radial menu. You can't choose action and you can't close the menu anymore. Need to ctrl alt del and close the game from task manager. edit. or alt F4

kA3xD4A.jpg

Stuck in this. You can still spin around in the menu. But that's about it.

Oof, thanks for the heads up. Your tested this a few times? 

I'm still getting a lot of black screen when spawning. And the menu still gets stuck on 3 and 1 pp. There is a bug when jumping to often that will just drain stamina and not jump. 

7 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

Oof, thanks for the heads up. Your tested this a few times? 

Few times yea. Also after verifying the integrity of the local game cache. And now i have this bug too. Wasn't the menu problem fixed. LOL. That's it for tonight with this version.

tpgkKp6.jpg

8 minutes ago, ForrestGump92 said:

I'm still getting a lot of black screen when spawning.

Do you mean just a much longer black screen with the progress bar the doesn't progress and then you spawn in? Or do you mean you are stuck on that black screen forever, and have to reconnect?

If its that first one, I suspect it's just from the new 'server hopper check' doing it's thing, checking the connection logs and polling the central db across all other possible hives, but the visual representation/notification of that isn't complete. 

Tweaked: character position is changed after a server change to mitigate server hopping

Are you reconsidering some tweaks to the system used to mitigate server hopping since 1.04.151959 EXP Update?

• How it currently work? If you log out in "public server A" and then join "public server B", you would now spawn with all your gear but in one coastal spawn.
  • What could be the problems with this? You are going to fill the coast with full gear guys that are going to destroy the freshies over and over or use this as an exploit to meet with their fresh spawn friends and give them gear, affecting the main objective that people had to move inland.

I mean, just yesterday, testing the experimental server with a friend, he died in the NWAF and then I killed their attackers. I took all their gear and the one from my friend in a huge Alice backpack full of stuff plus like 4 weapons on me and jump into a different server. Got a Balota spawn. Then I jumped back to the original server (more populated one, to keep playing). Got a west Cherno spawn. My friend was full gear again in less than 10 minutes. We didn't feel like going back to the NWAF because clearly we already had more than we needed, so we started doing some random pvp at Cherno, Balota, Elektro.

I think the cost / benefit of this system is too high IMO. I don't see why you just can't lock the servers once and for all and forget about the hive system.

Edited by Asmondian
  • Like 4
  • Beans 2

2 hours ago, ImpulZ said:
  • Fixed: Drinking from water pumps could give character cholera (T141169)

Hi!

In the future, can you post link to Feedback Tracker like @DnA in https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/140837-development-branch-changelog/?do=findComment&comment=3364543

Fixed: Personality was not correctly applied to Bandit Clothes (Polo) (FT - T141055)

?

Edited by pr9inichek
  • Like 1
  • Beans 1

Can you devs take a look at this glitch? Someone told me to elaborate so I have a clip of it happening. 

Basically, randomly on DayZ when you click on your items in your inventory they just drop onto the ground. Logging out doesn't fix it most the time, and its hard to recreate because it happens randomly.

1 hour ago, Asmondian said:

Are you reconsidering some tweaks to the system used to mitigate server hopping since 1.04.151959 EXP Update?

• How it currently work? If you log out in "public server A" and then join "public server B", you would now spawn with all your gear but in one coastal spawn.
  • What could be the problems with this? You are going to fill the coast with full gear guys that are going to destroy the freshies over and over or use this as an exploit to meet with their fresh spawn friends and give them gear, affecting the main objective that people had to move inland.

I mean, just yesterday, testing the experimental server with a friend, he died in the NWAF and then I killed their attackers. I took all their gear and the one from my friend in a huge Alice backpack full of stuff plus like 4 weapons on me and jump into a different server. Got a Balota spawn. Then I jumped back to the original server (more populated one, to keep playing). Got a west Cherno spawn. My friend was full gear again in less than 10 minutes. We didn't feel like going back to the NWAF because clearly we already had more than we needed, so we started doing some random pvp at Cherno, Balota, Elektro.

I think the cost / benefit of this system is too high IMO. I don't see why you just can't lock the servers once and for all and forget about the hive system.

I genuinely thought that there were now spawn locations in most towns/areas. This is disappointing, and definitely open to abuse, but needs more testing. I suppose nobody will really care when private servers are available on every platform.

• Like 1

Fixed: Thrown items could fall through the ground

- still happening, item disappeared  but can be picked up again. 

25 minutes ago, justice5150 said:

Can you devs take a look at this glitch? Someone told me to elaborate so I have a clip of it happening. 

Basically, randomly on DayZ when you click on your items in your inventory they just drop onto the ground. Logging out doesn't fix it most the time, and its hard to recreate because it happens randomly.

Is your control key broken? If you hold control and click on items in your inventory they drop to the ground, which is expected behaviour. Do you have a controller plugged in or any macro from software like Logitech game software that might be using control(CTRL) in any way. 

• Beans 2

2 hours ago, Seitan said:

Few times yea. Also after verifying the integrity of the local game cache. And now i have this bug too. Wasn't the menu problem fixed. LOL. That's it for tonight with this version.

tpgkKp6.jpg

I don’t think the menu glitch has a confirmed fix, yet... The closest thing is ‘client side error in main menu’ but I don’t think that’s it, myself.

Smoke grenades seem bugged on this patch in that they never seem to stop smoking -- surely, they're supposed to run out at some point, aren't they?

2 hours ago, ThePugman said:

I genuinely thought that there were now spawn locations in most towns/areas. This is disappointing, and definitely open to abuse, but needs more testing. I suppose nobody will really care when private servers are available on every platform.

I thought this was the case too. A few dynamic rng spawns triggered within a radius of the logging/relogging player. That would actually make sense and seemed like a decent enough sollution to counter the ghosting/loot hoppers.

Like @Asmondian said, this just encourages another bad mechanic abuse.

And once again a easy opt out for the pvp crowd.... 

• Beans 2

2 hours ago, Tit4nNL said:

Is your control key broken? If you hold control and click on items in your inventory they drop to the ground, which is expected behaviour. Do you have a controller plugged in or any macro from software like Logitech game software that might be using control(CTRL) in any way. 

Nope my control works perfectly fine. I use keyboard and mouse. This only happens occasionally as well. No macros either, corsair k70 keyboard with no keybinds. 

@ImpulZ Guys I just wanna say, you're doing awesome! I'm sure you know all the actual hate is, what I believe, majorly motivated by fear for that the game won't live up to it's promises. This thing is coming together and get's richer and richer and more robust too. If only people could still play the old version, they'd know it's no comparison. Keep it up!!!

• Beans 4

2 hours ago, drgullen said:

Smoke grenades seem bugged on this patch in that they never seem to stop smoking -- surely, they're supposed to run out at some point, aren't they?

All work fine for me, smokes for a few mins maybe 3min max. Ideally they should smoke up to 5mins though.

3 minutes ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

All work fine for me, smokes for a few mins maybe 3min max. Ideally they should smoke up to 5mins though.

Interesting.  I encountered a couple of them smoking (thrown by someone else), so I figured someone was nearby, so I became stealthy and remained in visual sight of them for a good 15 minutes, slowly looting the surrounding area.  At that point, I hadn't found anyone there, so decided to move on, but even as I was running away, I could still see them smoking as they faded in the distance.  At that point, it was between 15-20 minutes since I first saw them.

Maybe it's random how long they last now?  Dunno.

18 minutes ago, drgullen said:

Interesting.  I encountered a couple of them smoking (thrown by someone else), so I figured someone was nearby, so I became stealthy and remained in visual sight of them for a good 15 minutes, slowly looting the surrounding area.  At that point, I hadn't found anyone there, so decided to move on, but even as I was running away, I could still see them smoking as they faded in the distance.  At that point, it was between 15-20 minutes since I first saw them.

Maybe it's random how long they last now?  Dunno.

Which ones was it the canisters yea? what color? I did try both types of smoke grenades and most colors black on the rdg2 and the red, yellow, purple and green on the m18 types, all stopped after about 2 mins.

9 minutes ago, ICEMAN-FMCS said:

Which ones was it the canisters yea? what color? I did try both types of smoke grenades and most colors black on the rdg2 and the red, yellow, purple and green on the m18 types, all stopped after about 2 mins.

I think it was canisters -- one was green and one was yellow.

13 minutes ago, drgullen said:

I think it was canisters -- one was green and one was yellow.

Been watching a streamer who said the smoke grenades were lasting for 20 minutes or so for him, too.

7 hours ago, Asmondian said:

I would not like this all they need to do is make it so that you spawn 50 to 100m from where you logged of if they do what you said it would kill the normal dayz servers and we would all be forced to play on modded

As a baseline reference to help with understanding the smoke grenade bugs, from what I see in the files, both smoke grenade types have a max duration of 90 seconds. 90 energy units consumed at 1 per second, and a 0.1 "wetnessExposure" entry in the energy manager section beside the other two values.  I was curious if that was going to modify the duration if the grenades were wet, or if (much more likely) that value was just to apply to the characters overall "wetness" value if the grenade was wet.

So I just went on my server and did some quick timing tests. Spawned in a bunch of both types of smoke grenades, and got half of them wet by just jumping into a pond. I started a stopwatch at the same moment I pulled the pin on all grenades. 

There was no noticeable difference between wet and dry grenades with their duration. From the time the pin was pulled to the moment the smoke stopped coming out all were around 94-98 seconds. The additional 4-8 seconds was likely from  the "starting" and "stopping" animations/effects, and the 90 seconds is the amount that "full smoke" lasts. 

While this info doesn't give any additional info about the duration bug, it at least confirms both via the code and in-game, how long they are actually supposed to last.  

Edited by chambersenator

@chambersenator 90 seconds? Wow, that’s not long at all. A few minutes would be better.

Also, has anyone tested the defib? It’s a lot of fun. You can make someone go uncon by using one on them. I wonder if the length of unconsciousness has been tweaked? Saw someone do it earlier, and they were unconscious for at least 5 minutes. I hope this is intentional because uncon state was too short before, imo.