ImpulZ

New DayZ Experimental Apps available on Steam

Hello Survivors,

Today we are releasing the DayZ Experimental Apps on Steam. This should make your participation in the DayZ Experimental tests easier and save you a lot of time for downloading different versions. Here's how it works:

• Once you have bought DayZ on Steam, you will see a new "DayZ Experimental" app in your Steam Library.
  • With this App, you can automatically download the newest Experimental update while keeping your main game on the current Stable version.
  • Same applies for the Experimental Server Files, in the Steam Tools list, you will now find the "DayZ Experimental Server" app.

NOTE: Please be aware that with the Experimental App you will only be able to see Experimental servers.

See you on the Experimental servers!

• Like 5
  • Beans 5

3 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

I presume this isn’t a thing yet, because I cannae see it.

I don't see anything in my library either.

• Beans 1

1 minute ago, Molly Magoo said:

I don't see anything in my library either.

Cool, assume this is rolling out later then... also makes me think 1.04 isn’t too far away... HYPE!! 

*breathes and sits on hands*

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, ThePugman said:

Cool, assume this is rolling out later then... also makes me think 1.04 isn’t too far away... HYPE!! 

It's in the library now 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 2

GUYS PLEASE now can fix the combination lock change the code when the server restart.. please fix this we cant do a safe base... is imposible. THIS BUG STILL IN THE GAME!! This is unplayable..

1 hour ago, ThePugman said:

interesting development, kind of suggests more than one exp version to come . . .. . DayZ still lives . .. 

16 minutes ago, hellway13 said:

GUYS PLEASE now can fix the combination lock change the code when the server restart.. please fix this we cant do a safe base... is imposible. THIS BUG STILL IN THE GAME!! This is unplayable..

Report it to the feedback tracker. That's the only real place to report bugs.

• Beans 1

I just hope 1.04 is soon and is survival based.  no one I know will come back without.  they are tired of the pvp only game dayz has become.  I give it 2 or 3 patches without survival, tops and all of them and probably myself will be gone forever

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 3

Lets work on apps instead of a bow and/or throwing mechanics......

my daughter does some backwards thinking, but shes only 7 😂

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

15 minutes ago, edreyes92 said:

I dont see none Experimental Servers

its in your steam library, theyve set it up so that you can have an experimental Dayz and a stable version Dayz. You dont have to change the versions anymore to play stable or exp. So you have two DayZs in your library.

MWsmmw5.png

The DayZ experimental servers are currently down, before the exp 1.04 comes up

There are a couple of community servers listed and playable on the experimental app. Low pop. 

8 minutes ago, Leah Snow said:

There are a couple of community servers listed and playable on the experimental app. Low pop. 

you got the ids? I cannot log on at the moment

11 minutes ago, Leah Snow said:

I tried the first one earlier but wasn't on long enough to discover anything new.

there is no exp release yet. these look like peoples private servers, but thanks

• Like 1

Well, This is an interesting development....from...well...the Developers. 😉

It's not really what we are hoping for (like maybe fixing the Stable build) but it's a step forward...I guess.

I personally feel that there is no need to run a separate "Experimental" build unless there was a stable "Stable" build..... But what the hell...just my opinion.

Cheers!

• Beans 1

12 hours ago, aux7 said:

you got the ids? I cannot log on at the moment

12 hours ago, aux7 said:

there is no exp release yet. these look like peoples private servers, but thanks

These servers came up using the experimental app, installed and downloaded via the steam link. Not sure how those folks got their servers to list in the experimental UI but neat trick though, lol.

Edited by Leah Snow

10 hours ago, philbur said:

Well, This is an interesting development....from...well...the Developers. 😉

It's not really what we are hoping for (like maybe fixing the Stable build) but it's a step forward...I guess.

I personally feel that there is no need to run a separate "Experimental" build unless there was a stable "Stable" build..... But what the hell...just my opinion.

yes a very interesting development. If 1.04 was to be the last exp totally no point. . ..

unless there were going to be a lot more exp variants after 1.04

In my opinion

49 minutes ago, Leah Snow said:

These servers came up using the experimental app, installed and downloaded via the steam link. Not sure how those folks got their servers to list in the experimental UI but neat trick though, lol.

I presume the same way some people have a server listed in the community. I am trying to work out how to do it for my friends to play on . ..

@ImpulZFor the pilot - you need a complete offline mission. It is almost useless if the player is not able to quickly check any content of their interaction, for upcoming updates. The only available offline mission does not provide the ability to respawn all content. For example, there is no respawn of NVG. Several times I tried to find the NVG on the military, teleporting from point to point, without successfully. I could not check the operation of the NVG and its interaction with other content. There is a lot of content that is inaccessible for free respawn. This is half the opportunity for a good experiment that will not give a complete picture of the upcoming updates. This will keep a high probability that the release of updates will bring unverified \ undetected errors into the release.
Spending a lot of time on identifying problems, with a probability of not getting the subject under test is tiring and will not be fully effective.

What ideas are there to solve this nuance?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lex__1 said:

@ImpulZFor the pilot - you need a complete offline mission. It is almost useless if the player is not able to quickly check any content of their interaction, for upcoming updates. The only available offline mission does not provide the ability to respawn all content. For example, there is no respawn of NVG. Several times I tried to find the NVG on the military, teleporting from point to point, without successfully. I could not check the operation of the NVG and its interaction with other content. There is a lot of content that is inaccessible for free respawn. This is half the opportunity for a good experiment that will not give a complete picture of the upcoming updates. This will keep a high probability that the release of updates will bring unverified \ undetected errors into the release.
Spending a lot of time on identifying problems, with a probability of not getting the subject under test is tiring and will not be fully effective.

What ideas are there to solve this nuance?

The loottable is just not up to date in this case. They just have to update it don't worry 😉

they should really move this thread to another part of the forum.  every time I open it up I see somethin recent in experimental and my heart starts thumpin like a jackhammer and my face smiles till it hurts.  only to click to check the notes on the new exp patch and find out.... that it's about an app not a patch... maybe in announcements?

• Beans 1

10 hours ago, aux7 said:

I presume the same way some people have a server listed in the community. I am trying to work out how to do it for my friends to play on . ..

I own a community server. If someone figures out how to do it, I'd love to get mine up there. I rent mine though. So perhaps it's a little different.

@FunkInYourTrunk: Yeah. I think so too. "Experimental App Speculation Thread" lol.

Hopefully soon ... news of 1.04 ... fishing .. survival .. and such 😊

Edited by Leah Snow
  • Beans 1