bent.toe

Did any of you watch the dev stream today?

.... Wtf? 

On twitter they said there was something to watch for PC and xbox aswell. Nope. 

They had no ps4 gameplay... because they had problems with the network. Mmmmmkay? 

The guy in the middle dragged out each answere by 3-4 minutes of random nonsens(marketing guy?) . Maybe have a coder or graphics artist to take his place? 

The best part was when they answered a question about frames... "it runs somewhat close to 30fps and in cities or with a big group of people you might see a drop in frames".... Might? MIGHT? The ps4 people are in for a big surprise. 

I can see where a lot of money has been used for...  a 90 second live action trailer. Those money could have gone into development if you ask me. 

You can do better dev streams than this BI, hope to see improvements in the next one. 

/end of rant

• Beans 1

For a PC player the stream was pretty disappointing. Was hoping to hear a bit on the general development and what to generally expect in the next 1.04 patch. The live action trailer was cool though, really liked that one. 

They said that  they planing for the future to bring comunity Servers on xbox. No date or any more details. That was it. 

and they also said they were planning to introduce for a "future update" (1.04 maybe ?) a counter measure to prevent ghosting (server hopping to go inside a base of someone).

21 minutes ago, Neophyter said:

They said that  they planing for the future to bring comunity Servers on xbox. No date or any more details. That was it. 

That's great news, even if it's not soon the chance of community servers coming at some stage will change the game for most people

2 hours ago, Lt.Master said:

and they also said they were planning to introduce for a "future update" (1.04 maybe ?) a counter measure to prevent ghosting (server hopping to go inside a base of someone).

That would be nice, i dont recall that part but do remember them mentioning how potential duping fixes will be implemented into 1.04. Ive always wanted locked servers so hopefully that's the route they take.

@bent.toe they said ps4 pros getting 4k support and if you run it in 1080p it is "buttery smooth" lol.                                                                                  however that was the marketing guy who said that, could be a mistake lol.

Edited by Robzom11

Didn't they say no update until PC gets 1.04?

Lmao...

1 hour ago, Esmy said:

Lmao...

No, they did not.

1 hour ago, Esmy said:

Lmao...

Ya i think so, honestly i feel you but with duping in the game right now and NVGs in 1.03 it makes sence, they're also trying to get the pc and consoles to have synchronized updates, aswell as talking about fps fixes in certian areas/towns and when alot of people are around so im assuming we might be seeing a real good update 1.04. The ps4 release should've waited though imo.

Edited by Robzom11

25 minutes ago, Anyeurysm said:

No, they did not.

True they didn't say that exactly, but it sounded like they basically implied it. Its at 45 minuites in. After rewatching though i think they ment something else, they also say "next update" its not clear to me if thats 1.03 or 04 they're talking about.

Edited by Robzom11

They said they don't have a date for 1.03 but as it gets closer they would be communicating more.

And by time 1.04 is ready they are aiming to have patches launch simultaneously across all platforms or with as little delay as possible.

Which means no more gap between PC and console patches.

11 minutes ago, Anyeurysm said:

They said they don't have a date for 1.03 but as it gets closer they would be communicating more.

And by time 1.04 is ready they are aiming to have patches launch simultaneously across all platforms or with as little delay as possible.

Which means no more gap between PC and console patches.

i would still expect that they would launch an experimental version on pc, before launching a main version across all platforms, with maybe five days before the main launch.

19 minutes ago, aux7 said:

i would still expect that they would launch an experimental version on pc, before launching a main version across all platforms, with maybe five days before the main launch.

I agree with a short delay also but tbh I'd prefer to see experimental servers on console too, as often there's console specific bugs created with each update.  So rather than be stuck with a buggy main update dropping on all xbox servers we can test updates more thoroughly & bug report before there pushed out in full. I have a feeling that we would be getting 1.03 now or earlier if it weren't for the bug ridden drop on PC stable branch, maybe they've delayed it so it drops more in line with hen 1.04 drops with hopefully some exploit fixes as the community has voiced so much disdain for the current state of exploits basically rendering the core game experience void, expect ally on console as there no private/modded server options. I personally don't think a week of testing on PC EXP branch is enough before it gets pushed to PC stable branch anyway as so many bugs are left untouched & it's just slapped into vanilla servers willy nilly. Tbf to Bohemia a lot f content is being added I each recent patch but taking abit more time to finesse things wouldn't go amiss before patches go live & without any console EXP servers were still games testing even though the games full release now.

• Beans 3

32 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

I agree with a short delay also but tbh I'd prefer to see experimental servers on console too, as often there's console specific bugs created with each update.  So rather than be stuck with a buggy main update dropping on all xbox servers we can test updates more thoroughly & bug report before there pushed out in full. I have a feeling that we would be getting 1.03 now or earlier if it weren't for the bug ridden drop on PC stable branch, maybe they've delayed it so it drops more in line with hen 1.04 drops with hopefully some exploit fixes as the community has voiced so much disdain for the current state of exploits basically rendering the core game experience void, expect ally on console as there no private/modded server options. I personally don't think a week of testing on PC EXP branch is enough before it gets pushed to PC stable branch anyway as so many bugs are left untouched & it's just slapped into vanilla servers willy nilly. Tbf to Bohemia a lot f content is being added I each recent patch but taking abit more time to finesse things wouldn't go amiss before patches go live & without any console EXP servers were still games testing even though the games full release now.

Yeah, i never quite understood why we don't get experimental servers too. Like you say, if there are issues with an update you can opt to play a pre-update server. I think this would help console development and also keep a lot of players happier as they won't be stuck with the bugs till the next update. 

P.S. @TheYetiBum, haven't caught your stream for a while. You been taking a break? 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy

10 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Yeah, i never quite understood why we don't get experimental servers too

We did get experimental servers, remember the 3 UK non persistent servers?

1 hour ago, TheYetiBum said:

I have a feeling that we would be getting 1.03 now or earlier if it weren't for the bug ridden drop on PC stable branch,  I personally don't think a week of testing on PC EXP branch is enough before it gets pushed to PC stable branch anyway as so many bugs are left untouched & it's just slapped into vanilla servers willy nilly.

exactly. I think the 1.02 launch took so long that the server owners complained, so the 1.03 was pushed as fast as they could to the servers, ignoring  the issues. The end result is 1.03 is still being fixed on pc . . ..  . (new release today on EXP . . .).

With 1.03, server crashes have gone through the roof on public and community servers (from what I can see and my experience), and it doesnt look like they know what the problem is .. .

1 hour ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Yeah, i never quite understood why we don't get experimental servers too. Like you say, if there are issues with an update you can opt to play a pre-update server. I think this would help console development and also keep a lot of players happier as they won't be stuck with the bugs till the next update.

its got to be partly down to costs of maintaining servers as just exp (imho).

Also if they push all the exp stuff to pc instead of xbox they make fewer players unhappy? I dont know if youve noticed but pc players are posting fewer and fewer posts . ..  so making pc players unhappy has fewer downsides to making xbox and ps4 customers unhappy (their new sales area). PC players are used to it . . . . (oh and I am a pc player)

19 minutes ago, aux7 said:

it doesnt look like they know what the problem is .. .

its got to be partly down to costs of maintaining servers as just exp (imho).

So basically, incompetence and cheap. Sounds about right.

8 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

P.S. @TheYetiBum, haven't caught your stream for a while. You been taking a break? 

Yep taking a break from streaming, I'll be back on soon though. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Esmy said:

So basically, incompetence and cheap. Sounds about right.

Well, if you can do better, why haven't you yet?  Look, we all have SOMETHING is the game that we're unhappy with, but to sit there in your basement and bash people that are, in fact, SMARTER THAN YOU, is not helping.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1