CarlTheGooner

How's the community?

So basically when I played for the first month of realese, no body used voice chat and everyone I encountered shot on sight forcing me to always shoot on sight. I'm just wondering how the game is now and if there's any servers to play or avoid? I tried to open voice comms with my first encounter, dude didn't reply and kept circling me. I lost him but bumped in to him later and put three in his chest. (Thanx for the loot). So yeah don't want to be that guy that shoots on sight if the community as a whole is a little nicer these days. 

How's the community? It's dead and literally nothing has changed. If anything it's worse since now we have to hold the chat button to chat, duping has made finding a weapon the rarest find in the game, and I could go on.

We have base building tho. Pointless. Spend dayz, weeks, etc to build a base only to have it wiped due to a server crash or update wipe.

It's still a kos shit show. 

• Beans 1

5 minutes ago, CarlTheGooner said:

26 views no comments? Guess this game and the forums are dead.

Yep.

• Haha 1

Thanx for the reply. Yeah I've noticed the lack of AKs and M4s, I've spent around 10 hours on populated servers, been up and down NWAF twice around all the tents and barracks and 3 military camps in the north and the only AR I found was on a guy stalking me and refusing to talk. Plenty of smgs though. I'll just Kos to be safe. 

13 minutes ago, CarlTheGooner said:

Thanx for the reply. Yeah I've noticed the lack of AKs and M4s, I've spent around 10 hours on populated servers, been up and down NWAF twice around all the tents and barracks and 3 military camps in the north and the only AR I found was on a guy stalking me and refusing to talk. Plenty of smgs though. I'll just Kos to be safe. 

As far as that goes there is only supposed to be about 10 each M4 and AKMs on the ground or in storage (vehicles don't seem to count, I know console doesn't have them I'm testing that on PC) per map before they stop spawning disregarding ones in player's hands, they were supposed to be very rare.

Whether development caves to pew-pewers is yet to be seen.

Edited by BCBasher

EDIT: I did not notice that this was posted in the xbox section and I have no idea how that part of dayz works.

@CarlTheGooner It all depends on the server you join. If you want to join a group to help new players etc. look at this post and see if it interest you.  I had fun spending time with them in the past. Recently my time is limited due to work but I'm hoping to get active again soon.

Edited by ScipioII
factual error.
  • Beans 1

Just now, ScipioII said:

@CarlTheGooner It all depends on the server you join. If you want to join a group to help new players etc. look at this post and see if it interest you.  I had fun spending time with them in the past. Recently my time is limited due to work but I'm hoping to get active again soon.

Those are some great guys but that's on PC, someone should start a console "chapter".

Hows the community? Toxic, impatient, immature and most of all bitchy lol. Oh i forgot to add ungrateful too.

Edited by nhow7108
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Basically they treat this game as a battle royale and everyone you find will most likely shoot you on site. Don't even bother to beg for your life or scream you are friendy, tried so many times that i don'1t even care anymore

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, nhow7108 said:

Hows the community? Toxic, impatient, immature and most of all bitchy lol. Oh i forgot to add ungrateful too.

That's every community lol. 

What are we ungrateful for? I really want to know. 

6 hours ago, MarczXD320 said:

Basically they treat this game as a battle royale and everyone you find will most likely shoot you on site. Don't even bother to beg for your life or scream you are friendy, tried so many times that i don'1t even care anymore

Well I seem to find this more on the coast though, there has been a few times where I have come across players inland and we would just talk, exchange some items then go our separate ways.

I came across four players last night in Orlevets in two separate occasions, helped the first two with a IJ-70, extra clip and ammo, then they left and whilst looting, I "ran" into another two players, both with KAM's (one suppressed) and one had a half ghillie suite, also friendly, helped them out with some KAM ammo with mag.

So luckily I have not encountered any "hostile" players when chatting inland of which I'm sure many players have, but on the coast is a different story  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1