Jump to content
AliasDJA

Coughing / Sneezing Epidemic

Recommended Posts

Afternoon all, 

New to DayZ, had some pretty memorable deaths already - but another battle is here!!

The main issue i have is me, and our band of merry men have been constantly coughing and sneezing for over 15+ hours now. 

Despite the obvious treatment - were all a little worried its bugged as nothing is registering and still constantly sick

The weather has now changed to a tropical storm, and would very much like someone " in the know " to fill in WTF is going on here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15+ hours is a bit exaggerating. 

Around 8 real time hours is how long the cough and sneeze stats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Seen it All said:

i still have a cold, hope there is a cure, I've been sick forever.

 

Well, thanks first of all for confirming it is an issue....because it is. 

 8 hours to cure it sadly went a long time ago, as you also probably also know. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It wouldn't be so bad if the coughing was every 30seconds, but its too often every few seconds.  I'm pretty sure I have played 8 hours and I'm still sick, I think the only cure is death.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AliasDJA said:

Have you confirmed this since the update?

You are right.. I have not. 

Maybe it's much longer now. 

Before it was roughly 8 hours (3 of us had it and timed each play session). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Seen it All said:

It wouldn't be so bad if the coughing was every 30seconds, but its too often every few seconds.  I'm pretty sure I have played 8 hours and I'm still sick, I think the only cure is death.

 

One of my buddies got it another time soon after his first cold.. He put all his gear in a barrel and jumped. 

It's annoying as hell and I for once would not be sad if they removed it. To cure a cold you go to bed and drink water and honey... Not exactly my kind of fun if that is what we have to do in the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bent.toe said:

One of my buddies got it another time soon after his first cold.. He put all his gear in a barrel and jumped. 

It's annoying as hell and I for once would not be sad if they removed it. To cure a cold you go to bed and drink water and honey... Not exactly my kind of fun if that is what we have to do in the game. 

So to clarify - in principle it can be cured as you said above... 

But i'm on Xbox here, and I've not seen any beds or Honey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, bent.toe said:

To cure a cold you go to bed and drink water and honey

In a survival situation to cure a cold you can always ignore it, catch pneumonia and die .. But at present in DayZ a good idea would be to stay well away from anyone with a cold, don't share anything with them, don't drink from their bottles - ya know?.  Don't drink dirty water?   A group of folk might just go on reinfecting each other forever? 

If anyone comes into camp and coughs, just shoot them, leave them there and move camp. DONT take their stuff or eat the body.

Prevention beats cure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AliasDJA said:

So to clarify - in principle it can be cured as you said above... 

But i'm on Xbox here, and I've not seen any beds or Honey

Exactly.... Thats why they should remove it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ive read eat fruit and loads of water take multi vits and sit round plenty of fires to get warm

whether it works i cant say sorry...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Djyoz said:

ive read eat fruit and loads of water take multi vits and sit round plenty of fires to get warm

whether it works i cant say sorry...

Might work... But that don't sound fun in a video game, does it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, that's exactly the situation I had previously AND am currently in.

Running around, hoarding fruit, and drinking canteens from wells that have been purified. 

I mean if i could get an understanding, an idea of what to expect here it may spare suicide. 

I've 2 possible strategies left to save him, and will update here for reference if it works out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, quick update. 

20+ game play hours now with stats never dropping and still sick. 

I've put a plan together to hopefully find a work around this issues - however I was notified of a post via the Dayz Xbox Facebook group that some DID cure it in game. 

Apparently, a quilted jacket - constant hydration, fruit, combined with rest and warmth of a fire ( not around any zombies and infected players ) for 1.5 - 2 days will cure it. 

Needless to say, something to bare in mind for the future - and will game clip and share with you all if I end up cured with all my gear still. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AliasDJA said:

Apparently, a quilted jacket - constant hydration, fruit, combined with rest and warmth of a fire ( not around any zombies and infected players ) for 1.5 - 2 days will cure it. 

 

Jeeeez.... Not my idea of fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, 

Just following up - I'm now cured. 

Slightly better result than originally planned, full health stats, no cough cough, sneeze, cough, sneeze, cough cough. 

I will say that I tried it on a team-mate and DID NOT work - but this was 100% because he can't follow instructions. (he felt jumping to his death was more feesable) 

 

Cold...cleared. 

 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep to all those trying to cure the flu in game, make sure your not with other sick survivors as your constantly re-contracting  the illness whilst in proximity to them. And fruit does bolster your players immune systems so id advice eating a such grown food as possible as this will make it harder to contract the flu ingame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just killed my self and disinfected my shit before I killed my self. Worked great. Wear a mask at all times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes TahoeBeast very sound advise  that I also follow since the sneezing / coughing drama. 

Few points to mention moving forward for anyone in the same situation:

*   Medical supplies are key - Vitamins, Fresh Fruit, Disinfectant Spray, Alcohol tincture

*   No item under ANY circumstances now is eaten / drank with out disinfecting first.

*   ALL food is now cooked before eating, then dried, and all water purified with chlorine tablets. 

*   Gas mask is on 100% of the time under no circumstances is it taken off, with charcoal installed

*   Nothing is picked up from zombies at all to eliminate risk - team-mates pick on my behalf, then dis-infect before it goes into my inventory. 

*   No drinking water from wells direct, always fill, purify, and sanitise - never from your hands. 

*   When you load / finish - Drink water until 3 bars, then fresh fruit until 3 bars. 3 vitamin tablets, followed by more fresh fruit after it drops the 3 bars the first time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AliasDJA said:

Yes TahoeBeast very sound advise  that I also follow since the sneezing / coughing drama. 

Few points to mention moving forward for anyone in the same situation:

*   Medical supplies are key - Vitamins, Fresh Fruit, Disinfectant Spray, Alcohol tincture

*   No item under ANY circumstances now is eaten / drank with out disinfecting first.

*   ALL food is now cooked before eating, then dried, and all water purified with chlorine tablets. 

*   Gas mask is on 100% of the time under no circumstances is it taken off, with charcoal installed

*   Nothing is picked up from zombies at all to eliminate risk - team-mates pick on my behalf, then dis-infect before it goes into my inventory. 

*   No drinking water from wells direct, always fill, purify, and sanitise - never from your hands. 

*   When you load / finish - Drink water until 3 bars, then fresh fruit until 3 bars. 3 vitamin tablets, followed by more fresh fruit after it drops the 3 bars the first time. 

I drink from wells directly and fill bottles from them and never boil it or add chlorine tablets. Never worn a gas mask. Always take cans off zombies and eat without disinfecting or boiling. Never used vitamin tablets. 

Never been ill. 

  • Beans 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-01-30 at 1:25 AM, TahoeBeast said:

I just killed my self and disinfected my shit before I killed my self. Worked great. Wear a mask at all times.

Surgical or dust mask will not work when you come in contact with a contagious person. 

Tried it on two occations with both masks. Maybe it was the clipping and the mask was not sealed properly lol! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2019 at 8:38 PM, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I drink from wells directly and fill bottles from them and never boil it or add chlorine tablets. Never worn a gas mask. Always take cans off zombies and eat without disinfecting or boiling. Never used vitamin tablets. 

Never been ill. 

Same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buddy of mine had the flu said ate full dose of tetracycline pills and cured him after about 15-20 min in game might just be lucky 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×