ImpulZ

Xbox Feedback Round - January 2019

Hello, just build my first base (couple fences and gate). I was hoping I can lock it with combination lock, but after setting combination and putting lock on gate (straight after I put lock on the gate via inventory combination on lock change to different numbers)I could take lock off the gate without putting right set of digits. Now when I try to put same lock on gate I won’t let me. Kind of like lock is broken now.

1. Any chance of having private servers/games only friends can join?

2.Please increase the spawn rate of tents I have looked for several days now and not seen a single one.

3. Re-introduce more vehicles like the truck or maybe a boat

4. We would like to see bows added aswell

Edited by KieranKieran
  • Beans 1

I would really like to say that the game in its current state is amazing. I've been waiting for it to come to Xbox for years and with the last few updates there really isn't much to complain about that you guys dont already know. But, one thing not too many people are talking about is the amount of servers. There's just not enough, after 5pm eastern time in America its almost impossible to find a low population server. I like playing on mid and high population servers but there's really no point at base building anywhere if someone is just gonna rob me within a week. I'm not asking for it to be like when the game first came out but we really need a little more than we have now. I didn't think there was enough as it is but you guys took more away from us and gave them to PC players, I'm confused why you would do this. Its really frustrating to work hard on a base for days just for someone to come there and take everything in a few minutes.

Thank you so much development for bringing this game to Xbox and thank you Impuls for all the info you provide us with.

See you in Chernarus

gt: DarkWraithKevin

You guys have done great on Xbox but yrs there are still major issues that make DayZ experience frustrating. Mouse/Keyboard would be great as inventory management is not working ATM using controller. DayZ is PC orientated so why not get xbox on M/K. Yes xbox is console and people may not like using M/K but PC has a better implementation and gameply experience than xbox. Using controler in certain scenarios is clunky, time consuming =death. Also VOIP is issue when you got plyrs in prty. I believe most of the issues like this could be solved using mouse keyboard and obviously getting used to plying without controller would be strange but worth it if we was getting similar experience to PC. Make sacrifices for a game you love

• Like 1

Nothing major but I’m always unable to slide down ladders so that could be something to look into and the barrel crash glitch needs fixing trying to go through the inventory of the barrel and it just freezes the game and forces you to reset 

I experience a big when I drop an item that is filled with items such as a backpack or trousers and I have trouble receiving items from the dropped item. Usually fixed by entering and leaving vicinity a few times over. 

Not important but I’d love to see an auto run!

Firstly thanks for bringing us your game I love it and love the port.

i own normal Xbox one so are frame rates going to be improved for this version?

I got killed twice due to game freezing as me and another player were about to shoot, and both times they won as when it came back it shows my death animation. I was hard wired and my internet speed is incredibly fast.

need lean and hold breath.

ability to unchamber rounds from weapons.

in the NWAF up at the building that has that one door to the roof at the south of the airfield, guy spawned in beside me, I killed him but again the hits came 20 seconds after I shot (high pop server)

straight after this I was unable to reload my AR change weapons or open my inventory. This lasted over 10 mins luckily no other players were around.

more weapons added

going in and out of inventory can be too slow.

thank you for this opertunity ❤️❤️

Edited by Deathjumps
  • Beans 2

Being able to pick gender,  skin colour, hair style AND what clothes to spawn with (out of the existing spawn clothes) since i love jeans on my character but they don't spawn in the world. 

Also... Clipping is horrible. 

And.. Facial hair. 

Have you thought about limb dismemberment yet? For the cannibals sake? 

Boarding up houses, crawling through windows, climbing fences maybe ? Craftable and usable furniture? or emotes to use them? or more emotes and interactive things? grave markers? cemetarys, more things for the biological teams to use ? Clothing items that do their job? gas mask, med mask. Clipping.

P.s. Romero Zombies settings and animations, A LOT MORE ANIMATIONS! OPEN THE POP CANS WHEN THEY ARE BEING USED! IMMERSION. Please get in touch if you’d like any more award winning ideas for free, I love dayz. I wish it the best.

Edited by Downey Justin
more ideas

Alright so firstly i love to play Dayz on Xbox its one of my favourite games to play with my friends because of the tension it creates and the interactions with other players. However there is one main problem that is making the game unplayable on the original Xbox. On the original Xbox players get massive FPS drops in the major cities and large towns we're talking under 10 fps, pop in textures and constant sound delay. Making it impossible to enter these locations safely. And dont even think about trying to drive anywhere except the wilderness as you will lag straight into a wall and ruin the car. Its just not viable to go to Novo Electro or Cherno because you will be killed by players on the Xbox one X with good frames. Its a huge advantage. I know its possible for Dayz to run well on the original Xbox One because when the game was first released it ran very well on both consoles even in large cities. And ironically has actually got worse the more the game has been updated. For me this is the biggest issue right now the game isnt fun anymore when all the major cities and towns are off limits. Thats my feedback thanks.

Constant despawning of stashes and bases/tents this is the main reason for replicating/duping.

What's the lag spike? It causes cars to crash, these cars take hours to build and seconds to trash.

I run over some streams and I end up swimming in the sky.

Twice I've ran over a hillside to find I'm either falling the through the sky beneath the map or swimming.

What happened to the guns? They are pretty rare to find now.

Other than these I can handle the rest of the issues, brilliant game by the way.

Edited by Rich Tolley

Hey so if any of the devs have watched a frankieonpc video on YouTube the servers he plays look really really fun with different missions to get special  helicopters , planes even special rifles like a guass rifle . They also had traders to with other cool stuff. (and yes I know it’s arma 3 dayz mod but it’s definitely possible in this game) all I’m suggesting is to possibly introduce mods to the game  . Some other ideas could be custom servers that are easier to find loot in for all the people who don’t like looting for hours there could be high chances for guns and ammo to spawn in houses and a lot of backpacks food and body armour. This would be sort of like a boosted server on ark or rust

Couple minor but big issues iv noticed 1. that you cannot remove ammunition from built in magazine weapons such as the shotgun or mauser. 2.The major one is no feathers in game to find so you cannot make arrows rending the bow useless. 3.You cant vault over obstacles but the zombies are able too 4. building is much more complicated without some sort of manual only because you cannot hover one object over the other to figure out what's optional so you spend so long figuring how to make something simple.

This not a bug report. I would like to see the nighttime day cycle balanced. My suggestion is to see the transition from day to night longer with the dark cycle being the shortest period maybe 1/2 hr then a longer transition to day break. In all would be a better experience. I would love to see the mouse and keyboard implemented sooner than later. 

The economy of weapon spawning such as the M4, and the AK just to name a couple. Seem to be not spawning at all? Or not balanced? The economy seems broken right now. Being able to ever find these weapons is kind of disappointing.  My group and i play on one dedicated server. And no matter how hard we look, we never seem to be able to find the spawning locations of these essential weapons. Maybe i missed some Patch notes that mentioned these weapons are really rare now. Or the economy is broken

First and foremost, server specific characters will fix many issues! If we will not be getting private hive servers for Xbox at least give us server specific characters to stop the duping, server hopping, and ghosting. It is quite literally ruining the dayz experience. Secondly, making the night cycle longer and properly adding the various weather patterns would be great!  

On another note, I realize that a fix for the persistency issues has been being worked on and can take time but this is another reason I have completely stopped building anything. Having a base to call home is now being pushed to the “end game” but what’s the point if it just vanished over night?

steady scope/holding breath and leaning are on the top of many players wants and needs as well as giving us back the ability to switch shoulders and slide down ladders.

zombies damage clothes wayyy too fast and when repairing clothes more times than not it completely uses up the entire repair kit/roll of duct tape.

medicine doesn’t appear to have any effect on sickness leaving a bullet through the head the only cure.

As far as content that I feel is nessicary to the core dayz experience, the Winchester and b95 with the hunting scope should be the first weapons reintroduced! For clothing, the vest to pair with the Smersh bag and the pouches for the ballistic plate vest are needed too! Help a sniper out! By bringing spray paint back in we can actually repair our ghillie suits and wear pristine suits rather than them having to be damaged to be green in color. I spend hours crafting one only to get hit by a couple zombies or shot once and it’s all for nothing! Spray paint needs to be in.

Adding the function for ingame chat to work along side being in a party chat. It was originally intended but seems to be on back burner and forgotten.

optimizing the inventory UI and functionality would help everyone out as well.

That is all that comes to mind that would very much help “The DayZ Experience” and make this game great

The sneezing and coughing need to be looked at, I was on the industrial tower at NWAF and a man went below me that was coughing and sneezing and somehow I caught it, when he was 25 meters below me

23 hours ago, Lambicus said:

The guns will be added when they are added on PC. They haven't finished making the animation sets for the weapons yet but they will be doing it this year.

The problem is, DayZ on PC ALREADY HAS weapons like Steyr AUG, FAL, .22 Sporter, double barrel shotgun, Glocks, Repeater, Winchester, AK-74, and the like added to it.  So the question still stands......when will the XBox get them?

My minor complaints:

Head torches are useless

Lack of 9V battery and 7.62x54R icons in the inventory

Lack of variety of weapon types

My major complaints:

Server hopping

Duping

Persistence

Inconsistency in the effectiveness of hitting 'Y' to reload (then again, I could just be doing something wrong)

Suppressors going 'tits up' after a few uses.  If a suppressor gets hit by gunfire, then sure.  But normal usage?  Suppressors should require occasional cleaning, and if not cleaned, then cause your gun to jam.  But to have them ruined?  NOT realistic.

Not being able to use proximity (game) chat while in party chat. 

Edited by Stagman70
needed to add a complaint

*Auto running when on long journeys 

*battery photo in inventory 

*zucchini seeds glitches and sometimes crash 

*People responding in other people’s base

*speed up player speed so it doesn’t take forever to move around map takes up to much time to get stuff done 

*put game tag name above heads and change colors accordingly to what squad or tribe you accept to join

*fish and fishing pole

*bow and arrows

*bears

*zombies bang on door and reach through windows 

*climbing &vaulting (RB)

*fridge keep food fresh

*base defense trip wires alarms ,base cameras,

*baseball bat

* fix sky

*knife melee instant kill 

*make weapon strike connect to players and zombies and more blood when striking zombies and new animations for zombie drop and fallen

*weapon stike melee

*umbrellas

*make demolition bases hard and longer to take down( the circle it takes to knock one wall make it have 2-3 circles before demolition

*lets us drive faster then 30 mph before lagging into a ditch 

*  put rocks so we can build bases out of rock 

*portable heater (winter)

*please get rid of red death screen and put in replay of death or player who killed you

*server wipe out bases 6-12 month 

*lighter ?

*Fix that annoying wind sound affects in the start of the game and when it randomly cuts on find a better wind sound 

6 hours ago, KevLARR said:

make it less of a jogging SIM,  the world would be more alive with a lot more infected and wolf's , create a backstory so when I walk into a house I see a terrible story , or a survivor story. loads more military camps , if army's had tried to stop the spread there would be dead everywhere guns everywhere not a lot of ammo cause they shot it all, and air drops that just contain bullets and medical supplies,  make it fun for people who don't want run for hours see a person game freezes then they kill you , boring game that !  ps fix the bug when you spawn very buliding is invisible cause server hoppers love exsploting that,  it got me loads of times 

So, you want MORE guns available, but LESS ammo?  Defeats the purpose, doesn't it? 

Yes! Thank you for finally making a forum for Xbox!

A couple bugs I’ve noticed is when I try and select the firing mode for ARs. It doesn’t change or it is very delayed. For example, It’ll be set at full auto and I’ll spam LT and right on the dpad with no change at all or it will set to single fire after I’ve done something else minutes later without knowing it changed.

Also the rendering when first into the server is an issue because I’ll spawn in my last location and I can see through walls and other buildings for a couple minutes which could lead to unfair advantages.

The last possible bug is when I hold down Y to put my gun away but instead it reloads a new mag into the gun I currently have out.

Edited by Bryan Yee

Server hopping needs to be addressed.  I agree with many other people that think characters should be locked to servers,  and when you jump to a different server you start as a new spawn.  Server hopping is making base building obsolete,  I’ve had multiple people spawn inside of a bush im my base and kill me.  This would also stop the duping problem.