ImpulZ

Experimental Update 1.0.150104

12 hours ago, robbyj said:

what part of

On 1/10/2019 at 8:07 PM, pilgrim* said:

. It's funny, you mention you still play the mod, chances are you're playing on a server with base building enabled. I wonder why those are the servers that still survive to this day? Where did all the vanilla servers go? 

did you derive that I wanted to play the dayz mod. NO ONE PLAYS THE VANILLA MOD.

this is incoherent nonsense, robbyj  - the quote is one you made yourself, NOT me - You quote yourself, claim it was me, and then insult yourself - please stop.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Make a bug report about this, remastyi  - As soon as the devs know about it the fix is not difficult.

Thanks. i create a bug report. But i think this is thread to discuss about problems and devs read that

• Beans 1

On 1/10/2019 at 10:08 AM, robbyj said:

if the gear on your back was your only property, ... would you ever risk interacting with other players? ... would you ever dare step back inside a populated town again?

Yes. Of course I would  = I DO = 
I'm a DayZ player, not a My Second Life teddybear with a mansion on an island - DayZ is a Survival & PvP & PvE game, not a "Collect Every Car"/ "Own 20 AKMs" / "Hide 50 Barrels" / "Defend a Fort for 100 Days" / "Store 250 Tins of Beans"   Steam Achievements game.  - there is no "WIN" - the watchword is  Don't get fond of your gear.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 3

On 1/10/2019 at 7:22 PM, robbyj said:

. It's funny, you mention you still play the mod, chances are you're playing on a server with base building enabled.

No. Wrong. - I play Vanilla DayZ Mod, (release v1.9 - Dec 2017)  with the - now available - optional building levels not activated. When you recover from Friday night please check for yourself the implementation  <or not> of vanilla "building levels" before Mod v1.8.5 (2015).  Work out the timeline : DayZ SA began development in 2012.  
Have a good weekend; as best you can - 70 posts in only 30 days since you joined, ALL slandering BI staff and insulting other players (& factually inaccurate), must wear you out? - Seriously, don't you have a real job?  Is your life that cr@p, or are you paid to wreck the threads? 

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

I hate the ladas at the moment.  They drive like shit.  Got one up and running and crashed it within the first 2 mins on a dirt road.  The devs have had a lot of time to sort this out yet they are not much better than when they came in.  Come on devs it's time you pulled your finger out on this one.  Steering is clunky as you go from nothing to full turn very quickly,  no power in second gear or above going up a hill,  no power in second or above driving on grass,  reverse has no power on an incline in fact it just idles and no turning when breaking.  Who thought that all this was good?  If nothing else make the cars break at least 10 times slower than they do now so you can get some use out of them until you have got them in a lot better state.  One very frustrated player.

Edited by Fing
Adjustment

Very disappointed.  Hit most of the mil bases to find a mil tent and found zip, nada , nothing.  I hit at least 75% of the mil spawn points at least.  The only places I missed were the mil checkpoints, Bolota and Myshinko.  As i have only found the tents in buildings so far and I have heard about them spawning in containers I think I have hit most of the spawn places.  For me they are to much on the rair side.  I don't want them  over flowing, but if I hit enough military places it would be nice to find at least 1  if not 2.  There is nothing worse than finding nothing.  I haven't found a mil tent for at least 2 days and the last one was a heli crash site.  It has been well over a week since I found one in a mil location and I have been searching.  I tend to stay on the same server and only move to another one for the night time period as I hate trying to navigate and loot at night.  So devs can you up the mil tents a bit?  I know its a tweek as you have said you can change the loot quantities on the fly so this would take you very little time :-)

2 hours ago, Fing said:

Hit most of the mil bases to find a mil tent and found zip, nada , nothing

My advice - I know eveyone plays differently -BUT my advice is get out off the main roads away from the towns and into into the woods and the logging roads .. Learn to hunt, make fires, cook, find food, pick up any kind of gear that can carry the minimum you need.. Learn to SURVIVE.. you NEED a  hand axe, a knife, a flint knife and some rags and bandages, and maybe a hat. 
Sooner or later you will find some kind of firearm and a dozen rounds for hunting (one shot can feed you for a long time)  or for taking down a risky-seeming player who wanders into your territory.
When you can live easy for days - THEN - IF you WANT to - do overwatch on high loot places (that means mil loot) and see what goes on there ... see who comes and goes, how much hopping .. choose for yourself the time and place to get in and get out. Decide if it is worth the risk today, or drop back later.
If you are a steady experienced SURVIVOR then there is ZERO rush to pick up military gear, you can collect that mil stuff  piece by piece as the opportunity shows up. There is no stress.

If you only want to play PvP in DayZ, and you HAVE TO have a automatic mil rifle and 400 rounds "just to start playing" - otherwise you aren't interested in the game.. then maybe RETHINK how to get a good stash of those things ?? New spawns rushing into the nearest mil base in swarms is very DUMB PLAY.. really !  ..
You'll find that in DayZ learning to SURVIVE LONG TERM in the bush is the FIRST STEP. The only main threat to this kind of survival is wolves..  If you spend a week playing DayZ as a game of  << Lone Survivor Against the Wolves >>  until you can (usually) deal with it - then after that everything comes easy, and all the great loot you WANT drops into your hand from time to time WHATEVER you do.. it just turns up "almost" by itself.. no sweat.

That's the fun of DayZ - for ME. If you want a game where you spawn with full kit and PvP for an hour or so, and then start again, then maybe some other game would suit you better, there are plenty.
But, if you learn to SURVIVE FIRST and lead an easy life doing that  - then finding tents, cars, AKMs, hi cap vests, ammo, and avoiding hoppers and wandering psychos, just comes when it comes, it gets to be second nature and then it's something that happens ...  as regular as rain..  

IMO

p.s. - vehicles in DayZ have ALWAYS had some interesting (& maybe unexpected) aspects of DEADLY RISK come with them. Back since the days of helicopters, vehicles have always been 90% safer and more fun to shoot at than be in one.

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

1 hour ago, pilgrim* said:

My advice - I know eveyone plays differently -BUT my advice is get out off the main roads away from the towns and into into the woods and the logging roads .. Learn to hunt, make fires, cook, find food, pick up any kind of gear that can carry the minimum you need.. Learn to SURVIVE.. you NEED a  hand axe, a knife, a flint knife and some rags and bandages, and maybe a hat. 
Sooner or later you will find some kind of firearm and a dozen rounds for hunting (one shot can feed you for a long time)  or for taking down a risky-seeming player who wanders into your territory.
When you can live easy for days - THEN - IF you WANT to - do overwatch on high loot places (that means mil loot) and see what goes on there ... see who comes and goes, how much hopping .. choose for yourself the time and place to get in and get out. Decide if it is worth the risk today, or drop back later.
If you are a steady experienced SURVIVOR then there is ZERO rush to pick up military gear, you can collect that mil stuff  piece by piece as the opportunity shows up. There is no stress.

If you only want to play PvP in DayZ, and you HAVE TO have a automatic mil rifle and 400 rounds "just to start playing" - otherwise you aren't interested in the game.. then maybe RETHINK how to get a good stash of those things ?? New spawns rushing into the nearest mil base in swarms is very DUMB PLAY.. really !  ..
You'll find that in DayZ learning to SURVIVE LONG TERM in the bush is the FIRST STEP. The only main threat to this kind of survival is wolves..  If you spend a week playing DayZ as a game of  << Lone Survivor Against the Wolves >>  until you can (usually) deal with it - then after that everything comes easy, and all the great loot you WANT drops into your hand from time to time WHATEVER you do.. it just turns up "almost" by itself.. no sweat.

That's the fun of DayZ - for ME. If you want a game where you spawn with full kit and PvP for an hour or so, and then start again, then maybe some other game would suit you better, there are plenty.
But, if you learn to SURVIVE FIRST and lead an easy life doing that  - then finding tents, cars, AKMs, hi cap vests, ammo, and avoiding hoppers and wandering psychos, just comes when it comes, it gets to be second nature and then it's something that happens ...  as regular as rain..  

IMO

p.s. - vehicles in DayZ have ALWAYS had some interesting (& maybe unexpected) aspects of DEADLY RISK come with them. Back since the days of helicopters, vehicles have always been 90% safer and more fun to shoot at than be in one.

What are you even on about? Fing knows how to survive and I can confirm that because I play with him a lot. He's complaining that he has searched near and far and hit most of the military locations except for a few but he can't find a military tent. He's just asking the developers to up the spawn a little.

• Beans 2

As a professional I will offer my advice: kill them all, except the animals. Animals are innocent creatures trying to survive. It is humans who have evil plots of revenge and murder. It is an ethical duty to kill as many survivors as you meet. If they are friendly now, sooner or later they will be a bandit and so you can consider that they deserve it ahead of time. A smart warrior moves North and gets fully automatic weapons with many rounds and full protective camouflage gear. Then move South so you can be safe and pick off the weaklings  desperately scrambling for a few shotgun bullets on the coast. This will make you king of Chernarus and only good can come from that.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 6:11 PM, IMT said:

What are you even on about? Fing knows how to survive and I can confirm that because I play with him a lot. He's complaining that he has searched near and far and hit most of the military locations except for a few but he can't find a military tent. He's just asking the developers to up the spawn a little.

What am I on about ?
- 1 ) You will find a tent sooner or later
- 2 ) You don't need a tent to play DayZ
- 3 ) Playing the same way as everyone else (hitting all the military installations) is a good way of NOT finding a tent - every dumb player is doing the same thing at the same time for the same reason. Play SMART. If you see a bunch of newspawns in underwear running all the same way, run the other way.
- 4 ) "upping the spawn" means << so you have everything you want, but faster >>..   dude, that's not how DayZ plays.  Go find a game that spawns you with a full loadout and a tent a car and a helicopter a ghillie suit and a heavy machine gun (why not?) 
- 5 )  SURVIVE in the game and you WILL get EVERYTHING you want that is in the game.

p.s. - Scuse me ASKING - but what the Ef do you want a tent for?   You think you can't live play, and have fun and excitement without one?
I haven't put up a tent for maybe 2+ years. (but Ive taken a few down, if they were overstocked with loot IMO).
Go find a tent someone planted in the woods and steal it, if you REALLY need a tent to live.
Check with a modder what is the max- min for that loot category and ask them to work out the expected average spawn (statistical)  for tents on a server....

Finally : Do you think DayZ is a game where there should be enough of everything for everybody?  Wow, you MISSED the point of the game.

= enjoy =

medium tent :
Locations Unknown
Rarity         Rare
Variants    None

large tent : (item name has changed from 'Big Military Tent')
Locations Military East   (2019)
Rarity         Uncommon
Variants    None

car tent :
Locations Unknown
Rarity        Rare
Variants   None

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Beans 1

Thanks IMT :-).  You got the point.  Hi Pilgim and thanks for the advice.  I did hear some one at NWAF when I did my tent run.  They were using a shotgun and were on the other side of the airfield.  They would not known I was around as I ghadent and did not fire a shot.  They were going to the old tent city area and I was going the other way.  And yes I can do the survival bit with just a couple of barrels which are easy to find as no one wants them at the moment with it being slow to move them unless you want to spend the time to get one of those doggy ladas going.  I did try the barrel moving thing from Zelengorst to the SW mil road block and boy did that take some time.  It took me 40 mins :-).

• Beans 1

On 13/01/2019 at 2:10 PM, Fing said:

So devs can you up the mil tents a bit?

On which server were you playing? Do not forget that there are server-side parameters which define how items spawn depending on the already persisted items. In case you are on a server where every player has already found a tent and forests are full of tent bases, there is not much chance that a tent would spawn again ;-)

No its a low pop server Flamberg. And Pilgrim I'm building a camp that's why I'm looking for tents.  That's my play style.  And no i don't want to find a mil tent all the time, but as I haven't come across one in over 4 days and that's not through a lack of trying.  That tells me the spawn rate is to low and that goes for the other tents in the game.  

Edited by Fing
Adjustment

3 hours ago, Fing said:

I haven't come across one in over 4 days and that's not through a lack of trying.  That tells me the spawn rate is to low

4 days is how many hours play ? .. maybe 20 hours I guess?
So EVERYBODY who plays DayZ should be able to find AT LEAST ONE example of EVERYTHING THEY WANT, WHATEVER IT IS, inside 20 hours.  ? 

Is this seriously your idea of a good "difficulty level" for DayZ ??
I think it took me pretty much longer than that to reach ENDGAME the first time I played Pokemon Red on Gameboy.

you know CHANCE is a strange thing ?  - there are people who play Las Vegas slot machines for 100 hours straight and they LOSE every pull..  There are people who try Russian Roulette and shoot themselves in the head the FIRST TIME.
Do you really think NO ONE has found a Large Tent in all the time time you've been looking?

(p.s. Russian Roulette with a Derringer is just no fun).
I hear Large Tents are in Eastern Military areas.. NOT all mil bases.. but maybe that info is outdated. 

BUT  -this is Experimental - MAYBE the devs should TRY to  REALLY REDUCE spawning mil weapons and mil gear & ammo in the mil bases  (it's really FAR, FAR, FAR TOO EASY to gear up) and just replace that gear by spawning tents instead.
.. and maybe jungle boots & spark plugs too & etc.; (so no one gets totally overdosed on Large Tents?)

Edited by pilgrim*

On 1/12/2019 at 3:28 AM, pilgrim* said:

this is incoherent nonsense, robbyj  - the quote is one you made yourself, NOT me - You quote yourself, claim it was me, and then insult yourself - please stop.

Good lord.

snxlNzS.png

4 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

4 days is how many hours play ? .. maybe 20 hours I guess?
So EVERYBODY who plays DayZ should be able to find AT LEAST ONE example of EVERYTHING THEY WANT, WHATEVER IT IS, inside 20 hours.  ? 

Is this seriously your idea of a good "difficulty level" for DayZ ??
I think it took me pretty much longer than that to reach ENDGAME the first time I played Pokemon Red on Gameboy.

you know CHANCE is a strange thing ?  - there are people who play Las Vegas slot machines for 100 hours straight and they LOSE every pull..  There are people who try Russian Roulette and shoot themselves in the head the FIRST TIME.
Do you really think NO ONE has found a Large Tent in all the time time you've been looking?

(p.s. Russian Roulette with a Derringer is just no fun).
I hear Large Tents are in Eastern Military areas.. NOT all mil bases.. but maybe that info is outdated. 

BUT  -this is Experimental - MAYBE the devs should TRY to  REALLY REDUCE spawning mil weapons and mil gear & ammo in the mil bases  (it's really FAR, FAR, FAR TOO EASY to gear up) and just replace that gear by spawning tents instead.
.. and maybe jungle boots & spark plugs too & etc.; (so no one gets totally overdosed on Large Tents?)

It amuses me how you call one military tent endgame. That's just the beginning of the endgame. We've had camps with so much tents and loot that any random person who would've ran up to the camp, would've reported it for duping or called it duping.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, IMT said:

We've had camps with so much tents and loot that any random person who would've ran up to the camp, would've reported it for duping or called it duping.

Was this on Experimental? - Was it difficult to find all those tents?

On 1/13/2019 at 6:11 PM, IMT said:

Fing knows how to survive and I can confirm that because I play with him a lot.

IMT - give a tent to your mate Fing. He can't find any.

Edited by pilgrim*

24 minutes ago, Survivor1431 said:

There is no end game. I keep killing all the desperate survivors searching for a can of beans.

8 hours ago, IMT said:

We've had camps with so much tents and loot that any random person who would've ran up to the camp, would've reported it for duping or called it duping.

Exactly - In Experimental MAYBE the devs should TRY to  REALLY REDUCE spawning mil weapons and mil gear & ammo in the mil bases. Instead they have spread extra military "roadblocks" and camps across the map. This was a bad gameplay move  -  this just dilutes dangerous exciting interactive play for the mil-PvP-collectors-hoppers-gearup-endgame-biglootstash players (and there are plenty of those types in this "survival" game)  - Make ALL that mil gear DIFFICULT to find.. Get rid of NEARLY EVERY automatic weapon off the map. And make AMMO and MAGS VERY RARE

If that mil stuff was REALLY rare, and you had to SEARCH the map for it, then hoppers wouldn't bother
- knowing you will always find it in the same place is the only thing that attracts hoppers. At present, putting all the mil gear in SEVERAL extra added well-known easy to reach "mil" places turns the game into a shambles. Make mil mags and mil ammo HARD to find and TRULY RARE - and see what happens. 

• Beans 2

At last pilgrim something we can both agree on?. Less mil places and loot and it was 30 plus hours of looting as I have a shift pattern that I was off for 4 days and no life???

6 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

Exactly - In Experimental MAYBE the devs should TRY to  REALLY REDUCE spawning mil weapons and mil gear & ammo in the mil bases. Instead they have spread extra military "roadblocks" and camps across the map. This was a bad gameplay move  -  this just dilutes dangerous exciting interactive play for the mil-PvP-collectors-hoppers-gearup-endgame-biglootstash players (and there are plenty of those types in this "survival" game)  - Make ALL that mil gear DIFFICULT to find.. Get rid of NEARLY EVERY automatic weapon off the map. And make AMMO and MAGS VERY RARE

If that mil stuff was REALLY rare, and you had to SEARCH the map for it, then hoppers wouldn't bother
- knowing you will always find it in the same place is the only thing that attracts hoppers. At present, putting all the mil gear in SEVERAL extra added well-known easy to reach "mil" places turns the game into a shambles. Make mil mags and mil ammo HARD to find and TRULY RARE - and see what happens. 

Or just make survival actually difficult so you die a lot before you can get full gear, or die soon after.